Official Rock Band Thread (It's out, bitches)

[quote name='scion of ys']does anyone know how a second guitar can be used in the ps2 version? since the gh2 guitar doesnt work, rock band only comes with one guitar, and individual packages of instruments haven't been announced..[/quote]

Where did it say the GH2 guitar won't work? I know Rock Band guitars don't work on GH games, but I thought the reverse worked in all cases...

Sort of along the same lines, anyone have an idea of whether my old GH1 guitar will work with the PS3 version via one of those adapters? I know any info is likely 99% speculation at this point, but Harmonix seems to have been pretty thorough talking about GH2/GH3/RB compatibility, so I was wondering if this ever came up in an interview.

I'll likely just pick up a guitar adapter at Fry's when I get my shipping notice and take it back if it doesn't work.

[quote name='scion of ys']does anyone know how a second guitar can be used in the ps2 version? since the gh2 guitar doesnt work, rock band only comes with one guitar, and individual packages of instruments haven't been announced..[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the GH guitar will work with Rock Band.

[quote name='metaly']Sort of along the same lines, anyone have an idea of whether my old GH1 guitar will work with the PS3 version via one of those adapters? I know any info is likely 99% speculation at this point, but Harmonix seems to have been pretty thorough talking about GH2/GH3/RB compatibility, so I was wondering if this ever came up in an interview.

I'll likely just pick up a guitar adapter at Fry's when I get my shipping notice and take it back if it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Almost certainly not. They don't even work with GH games in BC.

[quote name='metaly']I'm pretty sure people have gotten them to work. This is the adapter I mentioned:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802566

It's practically designed specifically with Guitar Hero in mind, as it has some kind of Guitar Hero mode selector. I haven't heard of anyone actually using one, though.[/QUOTE]

Someone on GameFaqs posted how to get that adapter to work with GH3.

A friend of mine and I tried it (since I have the adapter) on his copy of GH3 for PS3. It doesn't work well for all the trouble. Star Power and HO's/PO's do not work as well as a handful of other annoyances.

[quote name='asianxcore']Someone on GameFaqs posted how to get that adapter to work with GH3.

A friend of mine and I tried it (since I have the adapter) on his copy of GH3 for PS3. It doesn't work well for all the trouble. Star Power and HO's/PO's do not work as well as a handful of other annoyances.[/quote]

Bahhhhh. Well, if that's any indication, I guess it's time to sell off my GH1 after all.

SOooooooo...I went to Walmart. They didn't have it on the shelf but there were two large boxes that had been opened but the contents were still inside.

They were labeled to have come from Red Octane, so i could only assume that RB was in there.

Here's how my conversation went with the clerk:
"So, do you guys have Rock Band in yet?"
"uhhhh, no....Actually, I don't think we'll be getting that in at all"
"Really?"
"Yeah, we're deffinitly not getting that in"
"Weird"

Then I left...

[quote name='Dingleberry']SOooooooo...I went to Walmart. They didn't have it on the shelf but there were two large boxes that had been opened but the contents were still inside.

They were labeled to have come from Red Octane, so i could only assume that RB was in there.

Here's how my conversation went with the clerk:
"So, do you guys have Rock Band in yet?"
"uhhhh, no....Actually, I don't think we'll be getting that in at all"
"Really?"
"Yeah, we're deffinitly not getting that in"
"Weird"

Then I left...[/QUOTE]

Red Octane is GH3 , you're thinking of Harmonix .

[quote name='Richlough']Red Octane is GH3 , you're thinking of Harmonix .[/quote]

I'm still trying to get over the fact that they said they were never going to get it in.

[quote name='evanft']DLC prices and tracks revealed

Gist of it: they're still too expensive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.

I'll probably still buy the Sabbath, Metallica and Police packs. In terms of single songs nothing really interests me other than CCR and I'll probably get that too.

I can't believe the game is finally coming out in 5 days. I have my pre-order at EB all paid for and I'm going with a couple friends that day to pick it up.

This game is not being released outside of the U.S is it???

is it!!?!

they might as well just say it.. what's so difficult about releasing a game in a different country... the game is finished.. doubt there's music rights issues..
even GTA has a release date worldwide.. hell even MGS has a world-wide release.. i put the blame all on EA..

forgive me i had to vent my frustration..

[quote name='HOVA uk']This game is not being released outside of the U.S is it???

is it!!?!

they might as well just say it.. what's so difficult about releasing a game in a different country... the game is finished.. doubt there's music rights issues..
even GTA has a release date worldwide.. hell even MGS has a world-wide release.. i put the blame all on EA..

forgive me i had to vent my frustration..[/QUOTE]

They have to localize it and they are putting in region-specific tracks PLUS they have to be able to produce enough hardware to stock the bundles with, etc. etc. It's not as simple as you think.

I preordered from Deep Discount a month or so ago, and they shipped it 2 days ago. Since I live 90 miles from their warehouse, I got it today. Not sure if they've mailed other pre-orders. Here's proof.

d8d2d28b16.jpg

I can say, my GH2 controller works great for the bass and the drums are awesome.

[quote name='gstlouis']I preordered from Deep Discount a month or so ago, and they shipped it 2 days ago. Since I live 90 miles from their warehouse, I got it today. Not sure if they've mailed other pre-orders. Here's proof.

I can say, my GH2 controller works great for the bass and the drums are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Nice! ebgames.com has started to process my order but I'm guessing they still aren't shipping it until Monday.

So do most stores have this already (waiting for Tuesday's release), or will shipments be coming in over the next couple days?

I just want to make sure my pre-order is ready to go at the EB I got it at.

[quote name='asianxcore']So do most stores have this already (waiting for Tuesday's release), or will shipments be coming in over the next couple days?

I just want to make sure my pre-order is ready to go at the EB I got it at.[/QUOTE]

Most stores will probably have it by tomorrow if they don't already.

I'll be pacing back and forth for hours waiting for the Bowie pack to go live. Hopefully the covers aren't too awful.

Actually, I'm pretty excited for a lot of the DLC, which makes me sad. They already have me where they want me, and the game isn't even out yet.

Anyone know the status of the online World Tour mode. The IGN review claims that a patch is coming to add it in, but I hadn't heard that from anywhere else.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Went in to pay off my pre-order today and they let me take it today. The game is awesome![/quote]

from where?!

The review makes me worry. I know I'll love the drums, but vocals just aren't my thing (I HATE karaoke revolution, but maybe I'll like this more since I actually like the music in it), but what really worries me the most is what they said about the guitar. I LOVE the guitar challenge in GHIII, and think it is the best way to do it, as if you suck, you can still play it on easy and even medium, but there is still hard and expert for skilled players.

RB sounds like it's a cakewalk even on expert. I really hope the ease of play for guitar parts is an exageration based upon the extreme difficulty of some of GHIII's expert songs (Fire and Flames anyone?) but overall, I'm worried I'll be getting a $170.00 drum game.

[quote name='Zmonkay']The review makes me worry. I know I'll love the drums, but vocals just aren't my thing (I HATE karaoke revolution, but maybe I'll like this more since I actually like the music in it), but what really worries me the most is what they said about the guitar. I LOVE the guitar challenge in GHIII, and think it is the best way to do it, as if you suck, you can still play it on easy and even medium, but there is still hard and expert for skilled players.

RB sounds like it's a cakewalk even on expert. I really hope the ease of play for guitar parts is an exageration based upon the extreme difficulty of some of GHIII's expert songs (Fire and Flames anyone?) but overall, I'm worried I'll be getting a $170.00 drum game.[/QUOTE]

This is supposedly the hardest song in the game:
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=oo714N79TOQ[/media]

Yeah. Songs on ahrd in GH2/3 are harder than that shit.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Went in to pay off my pre-order today and they let me take it today. The game is awesome![/quote]

I HIGHLY doubt that. :roll:

Man... After pretty much embarassing myself with Guitar Hero II, I kinda swore off music games. The drum stuff seems really neat though. I was good at Samba De Amigo with the maracas, maybe I'd be good on drums. Here's hoping for a magical deal on the drums + the game.

[quote name='evanft']Yeah. Songs on ahrd in GH2/3 are harder than that shit.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played GH3 yet, but that's definitely harder than any of GH2's Hard. To me it looks pretty comparable to the higher-tier GH2 Expert, other than Jordan.

Hmm...still skeptical...didn't specify where you picked it up at........;)

nonetheless, very nice! that's one hell of a tv you've got there, mate.

To you lucky few who have the game, do you know if you're able to play Band World Tour with different people on different difficulties? I'm inviting a couple friends over the day I get mine and it'd be cool for everyone to play however they're most comfortable. If it's not possible, then I assume there's some kind of quickplay option for multi? How about practice mode? That'd be a godsend for learning the drums.[quote name='4dSwissCheese']Anyone know the status of the online World Tour mode. The IGN review claims that a patch is coming to add it in, but I hadn't heard that from anywhere else.[/quote]I checked the review, and you're right, they seem to confirm it. I know lack of online BWT mode was a pretty big dent in Rock Band's armor for a lot of folks, so I have to wonder about IGN's statement. All I've heard from HMX before this are slight hints and "maybe we'll patch it someday," which they also said about GHII on 360. Believe me, I'm really hoping that it turns out to be true, because I'd love to start up a band with my best friend online, but I have my doubts at the moment.

[quote name='rohlfinator']I haven't played GH3 yet, but that's definitely harder than any of GH2's Hard. To me it looks pretty comparable to the higher-tier GH2 Expert, other than Jordan.[/QUOTE]
You're out of your mind.

[quote name='tomdolizong']Hmm...still skeptical...didn't specify where you picked it up at........;)

nonetheless, very nice! that's one hell of a tv you've got there, mate.[/QUOTE]

Didn't specify because I don't want to risk the job of the guy who sold it to me. It wasn't being sold to everybody off the street. The guy is cool and hooks me up with alot of great gaming stuff.

Thanks for the TV compliment. It is a 70" Sony XBR2 and it is awesome!

[quote name='modium']To you lucky few who have the game, do you know if you're able to play Band World Tour with different people on different difficulties? I'm inviting a couple friends over the day I get mine and it'd be cool for everyone to play however they're most comfortable. If it's not possible, then I assume there's some kind of quickplay option for multi? How about practice mode? That'd be a godsend for learning the drums.I checked the review, and you're right, they seem to confirm it. I know lack of online BWT mode was a pretty big dent in Rock Band's armor for a lot of folks, so I have to wonder about IGN's statement. All I've heard from HMX before this are slight hints and "maybe we'll patch it someday," which they also said about GHII on 360. Believe me, I'm really hoping that it turns out to be true, because I'd love to start up a band with my best friend online, but I have my doubts at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Yes, everybody can have a different difficultie in World Tour mode. It is a very nice feature as most people find the drums to be a bit more difficult then the guitar.

[quote name='defiance_17']You're out of your mind.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I am. :p

I dunno, I just can't think of any songs on GH2 Hard that would be more challenging than that. It's not quite as crazy as any of the Tier 8 stuff on Expert, but it looks pretty equivalent to about Tier 5-6 at least.

[quote name='rohlfinator']I haven't played GH3 yet, but that's definitely harder than any of GH2's Hard. To me it looks pretty comparable to the higher-tier GH2 Expert, other than Jordan.[/QUOTE]

Are you fuckin' crazy?

I just preordered the bundle at Gamestop. I called them just to check, and someone cancelled their preorder earlier today. I immediately swooped in and took it.

Wonder if I could go into BB Tuesday morning and grab it when the place opens.

The add says 16 or 17 minimum, I doubt they would sell out that fast. Who knows though.

[quote name='evanft']Are you fuckin' crazy?[/QUOTE]
Heh, wow... I didn't think what I said was that out of line.

Seriously though, which songs in GH2 Hard are harder than this? Yeah, it has some really easy parts, but the first 2/3 of Freebird was a cakewalk, too.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Just got my call from gamestop informing to pick up my copy at midnight tomorow....can't waittttt.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I have the week off of work, so I'll be pissing my neighbors off until the early morning hours.

[quote name='rohlfinator']Heh, wow... I didn't think what I said was that out of line.

Seriously though, which songs in GH2 Hard are harder than this? Yeah, it has some really easy parts, but the first 2/3 of Freebird was a cakewalk, too.[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head: Misirlou, Psychobilly Freakout, Carry Me Home, Institutionalized, Six, Thunderhorse.

bread's done
Back