Official San Diego Area CAG List

Well after seeing the PS3 camping list for SD, I was wondering if any SD CAGs are going to camp out for the Wii as well. If there is enough, maybe a few of us can meet up at our local retailers. I'm in the 91910 area, and the absolute farthest I'd go to wait at is the 92126 area (depending on the allocation of units, I'd probably stay closer to where I'm currently at).

I didn't know about CAG until last December so I ended up camping out by myself at my local BB for the X360 since most of my friends and family members either didn't want to wait 12+ hours or weren't entirely interested in the console itself. I ended up meeting a couple cool people (others were just straight out from D&D).:cold:

Well anyway, if we can get organized enough, maybe a few of us CAGs can get together within our areas, scope local retailers out, and come up with a list of stores and the # of units they might/will be having at launch; so that we can have a pretty good idea of where we would have the best chances of obtaining a console at launch. Obviously they won't know this information until a week or even days before the launch, but whatever we can conjure up is better than nothing. And after that maybe we could finalize the list of where everyone will be at.

I myself already have 2 pre-orders for the Wii (Amazon & FYE; not too confident about either of them), which a couple of my friends/family members may take if I do obtain a console by camping out. I'll also try to pre-order at EB/GS whenever they release their pre-order details, but I mainly want to get the Wii at BB (for the 2-year PRP plan; and I've got a good amount of RZ certs to burn as well). If I end up with an extra pre-order/console at launch, I'll let you guys know.

So let me know what you guys think, or plan on doing to get ready for these console launches. Hopefully we can come up with something.:)

{Also, we should :twoguns:that bitch up at Gamecrazy}.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I didn't know about CAG until last December so I ended up camping out by myself at my local BB for the X360 since most of my friends and family members either didn't want to wait 12+ hours or weren't entirely interested in the console itself. I ended up meeting a couple cool people (others were just straight out from D&D).:cold:[/quote]

where were you in line? i was way in the back (scored a ticket from a friend that worked there) next to the soda machines. i had to leave for work at 6:40am, so i had my wife wait in my place until BB opened. she bought a core, a couple games, and a wireless controller.

i might camp for the Wii, but Nintendo's launch numbers were so optimistic that i thought i might not have to.

[quote name='allyourblood']where were you in line? i was way in the back (scored a ticket from a friend that worked there) next to the soda machines. i had to leave for work at 6:40am, so i had my wife wait in my place until BB opened. she bought a core, a couple games, and a wireless controller.

i might camp for the Wii, but Nintendo's launch numbers were so optimistic that i thought i might not have to.[/quote]I was in front of the Verizon Wireless store entrance where the plants were (the BB off of 54W & Highland). If I recall correctly, the sprinklers went off while I was sleeping against the curb, and that's what woke me up. I believe Markman was there as well with his whole damn setup of Tekken lol.:applause:

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was in front of the Verizon Wireless store entrance where the plants were (the BB off of 54W & Highland). If I recall correctly, the sprinklers went off while I was sleeping against the curb, and that's what woke me up. I believe Markman was there as well with his whole damn setup of Tekken lol.:applause:[/quote]

someone was there playing video games, i remember that. was that him/them?

yep, that was him. hilarious -- small world, i guess. i don't know how long you guys have been gaming/buying/CAG'ing, but i used to work at the National City Toys R Us from 1998-2003. i was the guy running the Rzone and trying his hardest to defy dress code daily. ;) i mention it because if you guys shopped there during that space of time, you probably ran into me more than once. hope i was never a dick to any of you.

[quote name='allyourblood']yep, that was him. hilarious -- small world, i guess. i don't know how long you guys have been gaming/buying/CAG'ing, but i used to work at the National City Toys R Us from 1998-2003. i was the guy running the Rzone and trying his hardest to defy dress code daily. ;) i mention it because if you guys shopped there during that space of time, you probably ran into me more than once. hope i was never a dick to any of you.[/quote]We most likely have crossed paths then. The only real Toys R Us dick I've ran into in the RZone was the TRU up in Grossmont. He was such an ass, but either than that, I can't recall anything else.

[quote name='Ma12kez']We most likely have crossed paths then. The only real Toys R Us dick I've ran into in the RZone was the TRU up in Grossmont. He was such an ass, but either than that, I can't recall anything else.[/quote]

i don't mean to toot my own horn, but i always thought i was a "pretty cool" video dept guy. i gave away stuff, sold off penny guides on purpose, tried to be polite to pretty much everyone, made jokes with customers, offered discounts when i could, and knew what i was selling, most importantly. i don't miss the weak pay and BS hierarchy and in-fighting, but i still miss working there. sometimes i think i'll go back during season, 1 day a week, just for fun. then reality sets in and i slap myself silly.

my pal Maurice used to work there too, as well as my current CAG partner in crime, Jorge. some of you that hit CC during the 8.96 sale were almost guaranteed to have run across us, as we were there about 5-6 times over 2 days! :lol:

I've been a frequent CAG for some time now. I can't say I love campin' out for systems, but I will do it if I need to to secure me one. I've camped out for the PS2 at the same Best Buy and if I have to, I'll do so for PS3 and the Wii.

I always visited the NC Toys R' Us and still do to this day, so I probably did see you a few times!

I used to work with games too, I worked at Babbages/GameStop at Plaza Bonita for a few years.

Hmm, though I've gone to the natl city TRU a couple times in the last couple years, I can't say I've seen you ayb. It must've been that I was so into Pokemon cards or Gundam models or sumthing.... But yeah, don't really know any mean TRU employees, but I do recall some stupid lazy ones, but of course I doubt they were you though. The big thing I remember from NC TRU was finding a bunch of dirty diapers in the parking lot, man, that was a sight to behold.

I was thinking of working at ebgames this summer, but when i asked them their wage, I went "bleh". No offense to those who work there though.

We definitely need more guys like you ayb in game stores these days, 'tis a pity.

Hey Markman, what is the fighter that everyone is into in the arcades in SD these days? I'm trying to get into Guilty Gear [only got GG#Reload on comp and crap GG Isuka on PS2 T.T], but seems like no one knows that game in these parts.

There are a few fighting games that have a good following here in San Diego. A lot of people play at Plaza Bonita Tilt on Friday/Saturday. You can find competition there for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and maybe Tekken Tag Tournament. They're working on getting a Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike unit soon.

I think the biggest scene in SD though is the Tekken scene, we have one of the largest, if not largest groups in the US.

[quote name='MarkMan']There are a few fighting games that have a good following here in San Diego. A lot of people play at Plaza Bonita Tilt on Friday/Saturday. You can find competition there for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and maybe Tekken Tag Tournament. They're working on getting a Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike unit soon.

I think the biggest scene in SD though is the Tekken scene, we have one of the largest, if not largest groups in the US.[/quote]

that is so weird. i've been out of the arcades for so long, it's kind of odd to think about a bunch of guys (or gals) gathered round the machines battling it out. my heyday was Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat. i can still remember rushing off with whatever money i could scrape together to the comic store and duking it out, video game-style. arcades i hated: Astro City in Imperial Beach (the guys who ran it were mean), and that one located near the Sweetwater Theater in National City. EVERY game had the volume up all the way, half of the speakers were blown, and the rest caused rattling cabinets. on top of that, they charged at least 50 cents per credit (though most were 75) on every freaking game. losers.

i only make it to the malls when there's a deal or during Christmas, but if i land there on a weekend, i'll stop by and watch you guys goin' at it.

Man, where were you guys when I announced that GC was taking preorders for PS3 way back in November? First on the list for preorder at GC here so no waiting :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Man, where were you guys when I announced that GC was taking preorders for PS3 way back in November? First on the list for preorder at GC here so no waiting :)[/quote] From my understanding, and what they told me, it's just a downpayment. I pre-ordered mine there in November as well with $50 down and I was second on the list. I checked back last month to confirm my spot and they are like "there is no list, the $50 is just a downpayment and does not reserve a spot or guarantee you a system at launch." I asked to see the list where I was positive I wrote my name and information down, which in turn they said was lost or thrown away. Maybe your GC is different (which one was it?), but this was my experience from it after talking to some guy that seemed like a district manager. He had one of those bluetooth headsets and seemed to be going to every GC to check how the stores were looking since they were changing their way of displaying games. I just took my $50 back after that and bought Saint's Row.

i have no intention of buying a PS3 at launch, or even some time after. i considered making an attempt to buy one and resell (dick move or not, when it comes to a Sony product, i don't care, call me what you will), but seems like a little too much effort for not a lot of return (assuming double or double and a half profit). if a PS3 lands in my hands come launch (since i have a couple buddies that work retail), i'll get it and see what happens. either way, i'm not gonna own one until it comes WAY down in price, purely on principle.

i'll be there with bells on for Wii, though. and a fancy hat.

[quote name='Ma12kez']From my understanding, and what they told me, it's just a downpayment. I pre-ordered mine there in November as well with $50 down and I was second on the list. I checked back last month to confirm my spot and they are like "there is no list, the $50 is just a downpayment and does not reserve a spot or guarantee you a system at launch." I asked to see the list where I was positive I wrote my name and information down, which in turn they said was lost or thrown away. Maybe your GC is different (which one was it?), but this was my experience from it after talking to some guy that seemed like a district manager. He had one of those bluetooth headsets and seemed to be going to every GC to check how the stores were looking since they were changing their way of displaying games. I just took my $50 back after that and bought Saint's Row.[/QUOTE]
I did this at the Genesee/Balboa store. I'm pretty sure mine was a preorder and not a down payment because when I went there over the summer like around June to double check my preorder they said I would be getting it on launch since it was in fact a preorder and reservation.

And where did you get that gamercard? That is fucking cool!

as a game crazy employee i'll clarify the whole pre order thing.

basically what happened in 2005 with the xbox 360 was every store was taking pre orders up until around september/october these were official pre orders since the SKUs were in the system. the problem was micrsoft came out of nowhere stating that they can only meet the pre orders that were taken up until june 2005 and stores should have cut it off then................ but they didn't tell stores to do that until OCTOBER...

so that whole fiasco lead to GC taking pre orders on wii and ps3 early (around end of 2005) so if either nintendo or sony tried to pull a M$ type announcment then all their systems before "june" (or whatever date) should be met. problems started arrising around now when sony or nintendo aren't putting the SKUs in the system... meaning they really don't want "pre-orders" probably because they don't know how many they can meet (especially sony).

sooo we got a letter from corporate saying something like (i never read it, this is hear/say with other employees) "do not take any official pre orders on wii or ps3. call your customers and let them know they are not guaaranteed a console." we have to do this, this month.

my store has held onto the pre order list forever and we have it in the exact order it should be in... it's basically our choice (and other stores choices) to honor them like official pre orders or not. our store is. but good luck if you were #15 or something on the ps3 list. seriously think about camping. Wiis should be a little easier. most stores have a shitload more ps3 deposits than Wiis.

Sooo anyone have a Turbo Duo or Turbo Grafx-16 CD add on unit with arcade hucard? If anyone wants to part with one locally let me know :) ...

Or if anyone has old NES/SNES games they want to get rid of hit me up.

I have a mini trade list(check my sig) but I'm only looking for a few things.

Damn. Anyone playing Final Fantasy XII? I'm not a big FF fan, but the newest entry into the series is pretty awesome thus far. :)

And no I can't tell you where to get it, but it's been leaked, yes.

[quote name='MarkMan']Damn. Anyone playing Final Fantasy XII? I'm not a big FF fan, but the newest entry into the series is pretty awesome thus far. :)

And no I can't tell you where to get it, but it's been leaked, yes.[/quote]

:whistle2:#

[quote name='MarkMan']Damn. Anyone playing Final Fantasy XII? I'm not a big FF fan, but the newest entry into the series is pretty awesome thus far. :)

And no I can't tell you where to get it, but it's been leaked, yes.[/QUOTE]
The game's been leaked for at least two weeks, but I can wait for the end of the month.

I didn't join the leak crew, I just got a hookup from Square Enix... like how I got Dragon Quest VIII 3 weeks early last year. :)

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and FF XII.

Tough decisions when I'm at home at night time.

T_T

[quote name='MarkMan']I didn't join the leak crew, I just got a hookup from Square Enix... like how I got Dragon Quest VIII 3 weeks early last year. :)[/quote]

with all due respect, are you backpedaling? it just seemed weird that you were talking about playing it and then mentioning the "leaked copy" in the same post. now you're saying you got a hookup? to be honest, i don't really care, but i would really like to see a photo of FFXII and C:poR, just to see them in all their realness.

They better let Rivers throw the damn ball this time! Don't get me wrong, LT and Burner Turner are good, but those stupid runs on 3rd & 8/3rd & 10 pissed me off last game.

lol.. I don't talk sports here since this is a videoame forum, but I post at the signonsandiego sports forums. EVERYBODY was pissed from fucking martyball after Rivers threw the INT. I was yelling the whole time.. nearly every drive was three runs and out.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I bought some courvoisier and I'm going to drink it with a bud light tomorrow. Hopefully we don't lose to the Steelers.. AGAIN. We shouldn't, from the way Ben's playing.

What's up with all the BS "in the grass" rulings, and all those damn Steeler fans in the fuckin' stands?

::EDIT::

Jeezus. Burner Turner and Jamal Williams are studs. GO CHARGERS!.....and Padres..

[quote name='Ma12kez']Anyone camping out for the pre-orders tonight?[/quote]
now we're camping out for pre-orders?! yikes. my thoughts and prayers go out to those psychotic enough to do this. ;)

No one listen to Ace R. He's tryin' to bait you! Look up "Ace R." and "Tekken" "Evolution" on google and you'll see he's SDT's #1 stunna. lol.

See ya'll around the campfire tonight.

fuck

[quote name='MarkMan']No one listen to Ace R. He's tryin' to bait you! Look up "Ace R." and "Tekken" "Evolution" on google and you'll see he's SDT's #1 stunna. lol.

See ya'll around the campfire tonight.

fuck[/quote]
Haha the General of SDT speaks:bow:

I know you got the gameplan mapped out for tonight. Im cruisin over in a few:cool:

gamestop up north. Does anybody else live up north and are you preordering at a gamestop? This guarantee shit sucks.. but if I can make the preorder list tomorrow from just going an hour before they open, I think I'll camp out for it on release day.

I'm at Mira Mesa EB Games. Right across the street is Mira Mesa GameStop, both places have at least 4 people.

I passed by Carmel Mtn. GS and there were 4 ppl there at around 2:30 AM.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm at Mira Mesa EB Games. Right across the street is Mira Mesa GameStop, both places have at least 4 people.

I passed by Carmel Mtn. GS and there were 4 ppl there at around 2:30 AM.[/quote] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

fuck it, I'll still go at 7:30 or 8, just in case there are still just four people outside. As long as I'm top 6, I'm happy.

bread's done
Back