Official San Diego Area CAG List

For those in the area still looking, the TRU off of L street still has 4-5 copies of We Love Katamari, 6-7 copies of Taiko, and 2-3 copies each of Meteos and Puyo Pop.

Yo. For those of you that don't know. San Diego has a huge community of Tekken players. Here's what we put together just recently:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d8YIlldvVfk[/media]

Nice video. One question, how is the system of tekken like? it seems like to pull off combos, all one needs to do is to get them in the air and repeatedly dash forward and continue hitting. Either that or slam them against a wall and begin pumeling. Are there any other kinds of combos in the Tekken system, although I did see a couple grab combos. I just couldn't get it when I tried it at stores, my character was just so slow.

I also wish to make some kind of SD team, but for Smash Bros. Melee. Although I got my friends into it for a little bit, but only for a little. I wish I actually knew some really good players, but it seems Melee is a dying game, although I think it has one of the best fighting systems of all time, minus the items of course.

I know quite a few guys that play Smash in SD. But just like you said the scene is kinda dead here.

As far as Tekken goes. It can accomodate many types of play styles. There are tons of different kinds of combos, from natural combos, to gauranteed strings, to wall combos, and regular juggles(mostly which was seen in the video).

Juggles aren't that simple but the concept is simple enough. Basically with each move you tack on after the initial launch. The damage scales down more and more for each additional hit you use in the juggle. Kinda hard to explain it's easier if shown. If anything check out the system section at www.tekkenzaibatsu.com as it is very informative.

i ought to start a "we suck at shoot-em-ups" crew. 'cause i suck. at shoot-em-ups. for some sick reason, i love them and play them all the time anyway. i keep playing Ikaruga only to be hosed on level 4 over and over and...

Hey Markman, do your friends play Smash professionally? or at a somewhat pro level? I've been looking for someone that could match my caliber [not to brag] in Chula Vista. I need someone to actually test the little skill I have in the game.

Though kinda off topic, here's a nice Smash vid of two of the top world smash players.http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-v-8po6_pk&search=bombsoldier

allyourblood, don't worry, I'm horrible at shooters too, but they are damn fun, I'd have to say.

I know some friends that tried to play professionally and I actually have a friend(doesn't live in SD) that competed nationally in Smash(he goes by the name of MattDeezie or Deezie). In SD I don't know anyone that plays it anymore, game has been out for awhile.

But in the Chula Vista area I know of some guys that play. I'm not sure how good they are though. I know they play Tekken and Soul Calibur though lol.

Thanks for the info MarkMan, hmm, MattDeezie doesn't sound too familiar, but yeah, Melee seems dead with all the new games coming out, I guess I'll have to wait until Smash Brawl comes out, which is probably next year... T.T

I suck at fighting games. Actually, I'm pretty good against the CPU and some people but that's it. Now shooters on the other hand, I own!

Hey, does anyone know if they have any copies of Mr. Driller at Fry's? I want to go there tomorrow, but I don't want to end up getting there with no luck. I 'll try to call them tomorrow as well, but they never answer their phones. Thanks.

EDIT: actually went there and there weren't any on display. But I asked the guy in charge and he had a bunch in their reserves. I'm assuming though they are restocked on the shelves by now. It's a great game and definitely worth 10 dollars.

[quote name='haguremetaru']Anybody seen any cheap Silent Hill games anywhere?[/quote]

my buddy picked up the last XB Silent Hill 4 from the Sports Arena Circuit City for me 3 weeks ago for $5.96. i don't know if that means there's more out there or not, but it's worth a shot! the Chula Vista store is defintely out.

other than that, i haven't really seen or heard much when it comes to cheap SH titles. if i stumble across any in my travels, i'll post here with info.

Hey SD CAG I'm selling my original DS because I'm upgrading to a DS:L and I'm selling for $90 or best offer if anybody is interested PM me :)

Not sure how rare Tony Hawk: American Sk8land is considered but I found like 4-5 copies at Point Loma's CC for $20. I picked one up.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Not sure how rare Tony Hawk: American Sk8land is considered but I found like 4-5 copies at Point Loma's CC for $20. I picked one up.[/quote]

same price down here. i was hoping this would've landed on the 8.96 list... oh well.

Yes, Chargers destroyed the Raiders!

If anyone is interested, Fry's has the Black and Pink DS Lites in stock.

Does anyone here have Silent Hill (PS1), Non GH? I've been wanting to add that to my collection for awhile now. Or anyone have any games they wanna get rid of?

I have a bunch of sought after games that I can trade up... Suikoden II, MGS3 Subsistence LE, and others.

Chargers, baby. I'm a diehard fan.

Anyway, did anybody manage to find ANY clearance games at circuit city's? I went to the ones in Carmel Mountain, Clairemont, and National City and NONE of those CC's had any clearance games.

I didn't get to check any CC stores for any games. My friend n8nmonster checked em' out though the day the list was posted and saw a few, but nothing notable.

I went to every single GameCrazy store in SD county this week. Quite an adventure lol.

Hey guys, I know this deal is probably dead, but has anyone seen any $30 T5 stick sets left? It seems like they're all gone or taken T.T. Thanks in advance. I'm willing to pay a little more for one shipped. Otherwise I'll just go to Fry's and pick one up for $50, that is if they still have any.

YEAH, Go Chargers!

Oh, and if anybody has a street fighter arcade stick for sale or knows of any ebgames that still have any, let me know. I've been looking for one for a long time.

phew luckily i called gamestop and they had the t5 set. I was bummed not finding any used gba micros down in CV, but when I got this, it made me forget all my worries. It happened to be the last one that was on display prior. Sorry Charlie, couldn't find the SF stick. I think it's only from the ebgames that kept them since before the merge with gamestop. Somewhere on that thread it said it was an ebgames exclusive. Good luck with finding that stick though.

Hey where did you end up finding the Tekken 5 bundle? I saw a few last weekend. I almost bought another one(my 4th one) but it didn't come with the game, someone stole it lol.

And again, if anyone wants to battle in Tekken 5, I'll happily destroy you. Goo day. :)

Hmm, I called almost every gstop in chula vista and none of them had any left. Luckily I called the one in Natl. City, the one on plaza blvd to be exact and they had one left. And it was one of the display ones as well, very good condition I might add. But yeah, i think they're all gone down in CV, I'm sure there are still a couple more in SD county. It was well worth dialing in at multiple gamestops. $30 for this deal is just excellent.

Haha, I believe I have a friend in SD Tekken, haven't talked to him for a while tho. And I pretty much suck at tekken as well, hehe.

to anyone that's interested in DDS2, i just returned one today to Game Crazy on Otay Lakes Rd (across the street from SWC). it's new, at $15.99. i bought it to trade for FF3, but ended up getting from someone here on CAG.

Sigh, did you find anything else at that gamecrazy ayb?

Me and my friend got dissed on the day of those massive gcrazy markdowns. I asked for Fatal Frame, and low and behold they had a copy. The girl clerk, you might recognize her as the short stumpy fat emo looking one- Well, she said, "yeah we have it for 49.99.... Oh crap, it's 16 sumthing [I forget the new price]. I better get it before you guys do!" Then she tried to be like Sly Cooper or something and my friend sees her pull Fatal Frame from the display and hides it, I assume for herself. Then she comes back, "Oh I'm sorry we actually don't have anymore in stock." Me and my friend were extremely pissed. And this was like the 2nd time I got screwed over at that same gcrazy.

[quote name='halu102']

Haha, I believe I have a friend in SD Tekken, haven't talked to him for a while tho. And I pretty much suck at tekken as well, hehe.[/QUOTE]

Do you know his name by any chance? We're a fairly small group so I keep track of everyone. :) It's my duty as the boss.

[quote name='halu102']Sigh, did you find anything else at that gamecrazy ayb?

Me and my friend got dissed on the day of those massive gcrazy markdowns. I asked for Fatal Frame, and low and behold they had a copy. The girl clerk, you might recognize her as the short stumpy fat emo looking one- Well, she said, "yeah we have it for 49.99.... Oh crap, it's 16 sumthing [I forget the new price]. I better get it before you guys do!" Then she tried to be like Sly Cooper or something and my friend sees her pull Fatal Frame from the display and hides it, I assume for herself. Then she comes back, "Oh I'm sorry we actually don't have anymore in stock." Me and my friend were extremely pissed. And this was like the 2nd time I got screwed over at that same gcrazy.[/QUOTE]

oh god, that stumpy girl.... I should report her to the district manager.

she is so unprofessional, talking on her cell phone while working when customer's need help. she pretty much ignored my friend and I. ALSO she had the GC entrance locked 20 minutes before they were closing. We had to walk all the way around. What a tard'...

[quote name='MarkMan']The Padres vs Dodgers game is giving me multiple heart attacks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

I have no idea what the fuck that was.

Back to back to back to back.

10-9 though now.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yeah.

I have no idea what the fuck that was.

Back to back to back to back.

10-9 though now.[/QUOTE]
I spoke too soon.

Holy. ****.

[quote name='MarkMan']oh god, that stumpy girl.... I should report her to the district manager.

she is so unprofessional, talking on her cell phone while working when customer's need help. she pretty much ignored my friend and I. ALSO she had the GC entrance locked 20 minutes before they were closing. We had to walk all the way around. What a tard'...[/quote]I know exactly who you're talking about. That bitch.:bomb:

[quote name='halu102']Sigh, did you find anything else at that gamecrazy ayb?

Me and my friend got dissed on the day of those massive gcrazy markdowns. I asked for Fatal Frame, and low and behold they had a copy. The girl clerk, you might recognize her as the short stumpy fat emo looking one- Well, she said, "yeah we have it for 49.99.... Oh crap, it's 16 sumthing [I forget the new price]. I better get it before you guys do!" Then she tried to be like Sly Cooper or something and my friend sees her pull Fatal Frame from the display and hides it, I assume for herself. Then she comes back, "Oh I'm sorry we actually don't have anymore in stock." Me and my friend were extremely pissed. And this was like the 2nd time I got screwed over at that same gcrazy.[/quote]To add a little more to the story:

After that we went to the Imperial Beach Gamecrazy to look for some games. We then told one of the girls who worked there what happened. So she decided to call the E H Street Gamecrazy where that bitch was working. She put her on the speaker phone and asked her if they had Fatal Frame III in stock. Then she was like, "OMGOMGOMG GUESS WHAT! I GOT FATAL FRAME III FOR 16BUCKS!!". After the call the girl just kept saying, "Damn thats fucked up". :bomb:

[quote name='MarkMan']lol, seriously. Let's call up the district manager and get in line with complaints.[/quote]Sure, why not.

wow, that's messed up. i actually know who you're talking about! she wasn't there when i bought the stuff, but she handled the return. she was running some Dane Cook mp3s on her cellphone (thru the "speaker phone" thingy"), so everyone in GC, including her stupid friend, could hear it. while i don't mind the guy or the swearing, anyone who came near could hear "f*ck" flying around with wild abandon. she rang up the refund pretty quick, but she acted like i wasn't there, and wouldn't make eye-contact. when i said, "thanks and have a great day", she didn't even respond. i didn't think much of it at the time, but now that i hear you folks and your complaints, i wished i'd said something nasty on the way out.

and for the record, if she pulled that FF3 crap on me, i would've left with the game, i can guarantee you that. i can hardly believe that even happened.

[quote name='halu102']Sigh, did you find anything else at that gamecrazy ayb?[/quote]
well, what's interesting is that the spot where Fatal Frame 3 goes (on the lower shelves with a $49.99 price tag) was empty by the time i'd got there. that means i probably hit the place a day or two after you (thinking back, it was Friday, Sept. 15). i picked up the following:

GBA
Shining Force
Lady Sia
Boktai 2
River City Ransom

PS2
Digital Devil Saga 2

as i mentioned earlier, i picked up DDS2 to trade for FF3, but someone on CAG was nice enough to sell it for a not-entirely-offensive price, so i brought it back. when i first bought everything, i was rung up by the "new" guy, who has glasses. he was nice enough, and didn't try to push the MVP thing on me. he doesn't seem to know his games very well, though. when i'd name off titles that i wanted to buy, he'd repeat them back as if he'd never heard of them. that's not really a knock against him -- i just thought it was funny.

at the National City GC (back on the 14th) i picked up:

GBA
Boktai
Ultimate Muscle

XB

Fatal Frame II

the only two i really wanted and missed out on completely were Shining Soul and Shining Soul 2. i figure i'll run into them eventually, somewhere down the line when another retailer blows them out. still, i'm pleased that i found almost every selection that i wanted.

oh, and for the record, i only bought one of each title. not just because i'm not a hoarder, but also because each one was the last copy. i have a little brother and a fellow gaming-friend who i also buy for (since i tend to be off of work earlier), and both were bummed to hear what i'd bought after telling them that there was only one of each.

bread's done
Back