Official San Diego Area CAG List

Just got back from the Carmel Mountain, San Diego, CA location. I left at 7 this morning.

Pretty much everything that was said in this thread is right.

I was #9 in line out of 16. The manager (and two employees that waited in line) said that there would be 16, but there is no guarantee in case something happens.

So it was a long day for the SDT assault team.

So as was said earlier. Cody, AlexMan, Ace R. and I went to Mira Mesa EB Games at 4 AM. This nice lil' asian manager with a big booty and a smile came in around 8 AM and told us she's only getting EIGHT of the 20G PS3s. fuck that. So Cody and I bounced since we didn't want a retard PS3. AlexMan and Ace R. stayed just to reserve one because we waited so long. Cody and I raced down the 805 from Mira Mesa and ended up at Plaza Blvd. in about 15 minutes. We were able to secure 60G PS3s at the Plaza Blvd. GameStop. Whew.

And to make things worse. The stupid cutie asian girl manager was an idiot and they had FOUR PS3 60G units. What the fuck. Doing adventure mode for nothing. Regardless got my two systems. Bladow.

I have a couple of Wii games reserved at the UTC EB and for some reason they give me a call yesterday and tell me that I can reserve the Wii today. Well today I go in being a little unsure since all the news online was only about PS3 pre-orders and I tell the guy that I got a call telling me I could pre-order the Wii today. The guy had no idea why I would have been called and told that. He gave an indication that pre-orders would be the end of the week or Monday of next week. By any chance did this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='MarkMan']So it was a long day for the SDT assault team.

So as was said earlier. Cody, AlexMan, Ace R. and I went to Mira Mesa EB Games at 4 AM. This nice lil' asian manager with a big booty and a smile came in around 8 AM and told us she's only getting EIGHT of the 20G PS3s. fuck that. So Cody and I bounced since we didn't want a retard PS3. AlexMan and Ace R. stayed just to reserve one because we waited so long. Cody and I raced down the 805 from Mira Mesa and ended up at Plaza Blvd. in about 15 minutes. We were able to secure 60G PS3s at the Plaza Blvd. GameStop. Whew.

And to make things worse. The stupid cutie asian girl manager was an idiot and they had FOUR PS3 60G units. What the fuck. Doing adventure mode for nothing. Regardless got my two systems. Bladow.[/QUOTE]
So I'm guessing you didn't get her name. I'm disappointed in you, really I am.

Yo SD CAGs, definitely off topic, but I need your help!

I'm taking a telecommunications class at San Marcos and I need to interview a network admin!

Any network admins here?

Anyone willing to help me out by answering some questions (such as the kind of hardware your company is running, software, etc.) will be rewarded by receiving a free videogame (I'll give a couple of choices). It won't be anything great but its free and mainly its just a way to say thanks.

So if you can help, or know someone that can, let me know!

THANKS!

I'll be trading in the majority of the games listed on my tradelist at EB by this weekend to get in on their promo deals. If anyone in the SD area is interested before that time, just offer up. Thanks.

[quote name='MarkMan']I think Ace R. is a network admin. Try PM'n him. He's selective with his games though. :p ! lol.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip, i'll shoot him a pm.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I'll be trading in the majority of the games listed on my tradelist at EB by this weekend to get in on their promo deals. If anyone in the SD area is interested before that time, just offer up. Thanks.[/quote] If you're trading in Suikoden III, can I have your manual? My brother lost my manual a few years ago.. I was pissed.

I don't think trade-in values are affected if it's missing the manual.

Lots of ppl for both PS3 and Wii preorder lines this week!

Doesn't help that San Diego is #9 on Top Gaming Cities in the USA.

Go Bolts..

I actually wasn't too excited about this game early in the week, but after all the trash talking from players and forum posters, Sammy Davis wanting revenge, and the 49ers and fans actually believing they will win, I've been pumped to see this game for the past few days.

Yay, go Chargers. :)

Would anyone here be able to help a fellow SD CAG'r out? I'm looking for some games, check my list in my sig. :)

Does anyone know if there are Best Buy's besides the one in National City that have the GGCs? I was planning on getting Clubhouse Games this week, but I am now in La Jolla no longer in Chula Vista. I really don't want to make a drive back down just for this game though...

[quote name='halu102']Does anyone know if there are Best Buy's besides the one in National City that have the GGCs? I was planning on getting Clubhouse Games this week, but I am now in La Jolla no longer in Chula Vista. I really don't want to make a drive back down just for this game though...[/QUOTE]
Mira Mesa had some the last time I looked.

Well, went to Mission Valley last night and got Clubhouse there. They didn't have any GGC's at Mira Mesa when I called and last looked a week ago.

Clubhouse is a great game and I just love it. But only gripe I have is that some missions in the game can be downright impossible. Otherwise, I'd say this game was definitely worth it.

I'm also looking forward to the TRU B2G1 sale and hope to pick up some ds games. Are there any other sales I should look forward to for ds games? I just saw the gamestop used b2g1 sale but unfortunately I don't think any FYEs around here accept games to make the sale worthwhile for me. If there are any FYEs that accept games, please tell me.

Wow, no wonder why it's so hard to find any deals out here. I'm working in San Diego this week and next. I've yet to find anything worth mentioning.

Well, just called a couple FYEs that take in games and unfortunately they all said that the trade in 4 used for 1 new is over or not in effect. I guess all that's left this week is the B2G1 at TRU. I really don't want to go thru the trouble of arguing with FYE employees about their deal. IMO it's not worth it for me to travel a long ways just to save a couple dollars and be ticked off.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Who's your avatar now?[/QUOTE]
lol

also, no wonder Merriman was kicking ass lately. At first it looked like Chargers were going to lose, then they somewhat caught up. Too bad they lost by a little.

So, anyone participate in any good deals lately? All I did was partake in the b2g1 at TRU to get several DS games. Too bad they don't have Contact at TRUs.

:whistle2:k so that explains them beating the niners.

Also from an "outsiders" view calling the padres "friars" is lame. I hope its only the news teams and the san diego sports channel that does that.

Hey chaarlieee! I'm in San Diego now, so where are them delicious carne asada fries at?

[quote name='DT778']:whistle2:k so that explains them beating the niners.

Also from an "outsiders" view calling the padres "friars" is lame. I hope its only the news teams and the san diego sports channel that does that.

Hey chaarlieee! I'm in San Diego now, so where are them delicious carne asada fries at?[/QUOTE]
You're going to be glad you mentioned that.

Where in San Diego are you?

[quote name='DT778']college area. south west of san diego state.[/quote] Hmm, I know there are two huge spots in the college area that are competitors, I forgot the names though. There's also a mochasalsa down there. If you're ever on the 805, you can exit sweetwater rd and go west from there and you'll see a *Super Sergios a few blocks down.

If you're going to SDSU, you won't have to ask me. You'll find out what it is eventually, just ask your friends, roommates, or whoever you're with.

*edited.

if you're packin' heat (just kidding), check out El Juans on Highland and 24th (i think) in National City. they have a Chile Rejeno plate that'd make you step over your grandmother just to get it. make sure to get the "sweet sauce" with it.

also, La Pinata's on the edge of Old Town, near the 8. OH SNAP.

Beef N' Bun Whistle Stop on Fletcher Parkway in El Cajon makes some crazy carnival-style fried food that's pretty good, and their burgers aren't bad either. their onion rings will fight your arteries and win, guaranteed.

anyone know if that last Farrell's in Mira Mesa is still there? if so, get the Crunchy Burger. and tell them it's your birthday.

[quote name='allyourblood']if you're packin' heat (just kidding), check out El Juans on Highland and 24th (i think) in National City. they have a Chile Rejeno plate that'd make you step over your grandmother just to get it. make sure to get the "sweet sauce" with it.

also, La Pinata's on the edge of Old Town, near the 8. OH SNAP.

Beef N' Bun Whistle Stop on Fletcher Parkway in El Cajon makes some crazy carnival-style fried food that's pretty good, and their burgers aren't bad either. their onion rings will fight your arteries and win, guaranteed.

anyone know if that last Farrell's in Mira Mesa is still there? if so, get the Crunchy Burger. and tell them it's your birthday.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Farrells is still there next to Target. Also, I edited my last post about the sweetwater rd taco shop.

Go get a california burrito or carne asada fries!

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yeah, Farrells is still there next to Target. Also, I edited my last post about the sweetwater rd taco shop.

Go get a california burrito or carne asada fries![/quote]

hey, Super Sergios! when i used to work at the TRU down the road there, i would go there for lunch now and again. they make a pretty good burrito there. and that reminds me...

Da Kines!! they're in the same shopping center as SSergios. get the Chicken Katsu plate with macaroni salad. it's huge, but they have a half-order also.

oh, and Roberto's on Broadway (near H) in Chula Vista's kinda common, but i LOVE their carne asada fries. the carne asada quesadilla is nice -- it's so meat-and-cheese-packed it's sick, but very good.

Best Mexican food for California burritos and Carne Asada Fries... that shit goes to Lolita's in the Bonita area.

Look it up on yahoo maps or something. I guarantee you won't find better CA burritos or CA fries anywhere. There is also a Lolita's off Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Super Sergios is ass compared to those places.

I'm a Mexican Food aficionado(points to belly), and I've tried many many spots in San Diego. This one takes the prize everytime.

[quote name='MarkMan']Best Mexican food for California burritos and Carne Asada Fries... that shit goes to Lolita's in the Bonita area.

Look it up on yahoo maps or something. I guarantee you won't find better CA burritos or CA fries anywhere. There is also a Lolita's off Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

Super Sergios is ass compared to those places.

I'm a Mexican Food aficionado(points to belly), and I've tried many many spots in San Diego. This one takes the prize everytime.[/quote]
yeah, my mother-in-law turned my wife and i on to them. i wouldn't say they're the best i've ever had, but they're pretty good (just a little out of my way, usually). their carne asada can be a little salty sometimes, but i don't mind. and in defense of Roberto's CA fries and burritos (at least, at the one nearest me), they're using some killer new fries and they usually get them pretty crispy on the outside before throwing them in the 'ritos. they were "meh" before, but now i really like 'em.

Damn, you guys are making me damn hungry. Loli's is good, but I think that the carne asada fries, or cotixan fries at Cotixans is about the same as Loli's. If you don't want a California burrito [personally, i think they put too much fries and not enough of the other stuff], I'd say go for a Lunch Burrito [which is basically a breakfast burrito with choice of meat] at Cotixan's FTW. The only ones I know of are in Chula Vista near the 805 and one in Clairemont.

My god, my mouth is a waterfall...

On another note, anyone spot Contact at any of the nearby TRUs? I'm really hankering to trade my Harvest Moon from the TRU sale for it.

[quote name='halu102']
On another note, anyone spot Contact at any of the nearby TRUs? I'm really hankering to trade my Harvest Moon from the TRU sale for it.[/quote]

i hope no one finds it in San Diego, 'cause if they do, i'm gonna have to get it, and after buying Clubhouse Games, preordering Castlevania:poR, anticipating/buying Gears of War, and a Wii w/some games, my wife is going to kill me.

Haha crap, I guess anyone who responds just put it in spoiler tags and allyourblood, I guess you should just refrain from highlighting, lol.

[quote name='halu102']Damn, you guys are making me damn hungry. Loli's is good, but I think that the carne asada fries, or cotixan fries at Cotixans is about the same as Loli's. If you don't want a California burrito [personally, i think they put too much fries and not enough of the other stuff], I'd say go for a Lunch Burrito [which is basically a breakfast burrito with choice of meat] at Cotixan's FTW. The only ones I know of are in Chula Vista near the 805 and one in Clairemont.

My god, my mouth is a waterfall...

On another note, anyone spot Contact at any of the nearby TRUs? I'm really hankering to trade my Harvest Moon from the TRU sale for it.[/QUOTE]
Do you go to the cotixan off genesee? And where is Loli's? Never ate there before. I know plenty of good places up in north county though and just a few down south and around clairemont/kearny.

[quote name='DT778']^ http://www.lolitastacoshop.com/Locations/locations.html[/quote] Thanks, I am definitely going to check out a Loli's one day.

My favorite taco shop chains are Alberto's (I usually go to the two in Poway or I just stop by one if I see one while I'm driving and I'm hungry) and Sombrero (Carmel Mountain). Late night spots after parties or the club that I go to are Roberto's (Miramar rd.), Super Sergios (Clairemont, Bonita-sweetwater rd), Jillbertos (palm avenue next to montgomery high). If you go late at night, just make sure you don't fuck with the wrong people or be ready to handle some business.

Man Cotixan Fries off Genesee = best carne asada fries in San Diego. I don't care what anybody says, but they = the best! Kinda makes me want to get some to forget about the loss yesterday.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Man Cotixan Fries off Genesee = best carne asada fries in San Diego. I don't care what anybody says, but they = the best! Kinda makes me want to get some to forget about the loss yesterday.[/QUOTE]

like many others here, i've had my fair share of carne asada fries. IMO, the best is still Albertacos by state across from Ralphs. Now I haven't been back there in years, but for the time I lived in that area, their carne asada fries & breakfast burritos = best i've had.

and no, good carne asada fries has not made me forget the loss yesterday.

The only Cotixans I've been to is the one back in Chula Vista off the H. I've seen the one in Genesee, but never went in. My bad about the Clairemont one, because I don't think it exists, just fabricated by my bad sense of directions.

But yeah, the Cotixan [carne asada] fries at Cotixans is simply the bomb, and slightly cheaper than Loli's I think.

[quote name='halu102']The only Cotixans I've been to is the one back in Chula Vista off the H. I've seen the one in Genesee, but never went in. My bad about the Clairemont one, because I don't think it exists, just fabricated by my bad sense of directions.

But yeah, the Cotixan [carne asada] fries at Cotixans is simply the bomb, and slightly cheaper than Loli's I think.[/quote] Is the Cotixan you're talking about in Clairemont next to Ralphs, Hollywood Video, Napa auto parts (I think), etc?

[quote name='bboynujen']like many others here, i've had my fair share of carne asada fries. IMO, the best is still Albertacos by state across from Ralphs. Now I haven't been back there in years, but for the time I lived in that area, their carne asada fries & breakfast burritos = best i've had.

and no, good carne asada fries has not made me forget the loss yesterday.[/quote]
this would be closer to me. so where is it if Im coming from montezuma? Next to the car wash?

this is funny, cuz when i was down visiting old friends in san diego during comic con, i asked them all what they thought was the best CAF in san diego.. so we hit up like 2 spots everyday for 4 days. lolita's ended up being the winner hands-down as far as taste was concerned, but the price/portion ratio was one of the worst. i think my second favorite was that place right near the 32nd st. naval base.

fuck, i miss san diego.

[quote name='kristianator']this is funny, cuz when i was down visiting old friends in san diego during comic con, i asked them all what they thought was the best CAF in san diego.. so we hit up like 2 spots everyday for 4 days. lolita's ended up being the winner hands-down as far as taste was concerned, but the price/portion ratio was one of the worst. i think my second favorite was that place right near the 32nd st. naval base.

fuck, i miss san diego.[/QUOTE]

IM WITH THIS GUY!

But yea, Lolita's ain't for penny pinchers... T.T

yep, you got it, its right next to the car wash. 24/7 also i believe.

[quote name='DT778']this would be closer to me. so where is it if Im coming from montezuma? Next to the car wash?[/QUOTE]

lolita's next to teastation? past that place all the time when i shop at 99 but never tried it out. will do so next time and let you know what i think.

[quote name='MarkMan']IM WITH THIS GUY!

But yea, Lolita's ain't for penny pinchers... T.T[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back