Official San Diego Area CAG List

hi, havent posted here in a while

wow this is the WORST week in san diego sports in a long time.
i cant believe the padres lost, and wtf is with the new coach for the chargers?

btw theres a few ps3's going for beloe 350 on craigslist...

Land slide in La Jolla, specifically on Soledad Mountain Road. I live like a a couple miles North of it, pretty scary. Luckily no one was hurt.

[quote name='Furashu']hi, havent posted here in a while

wow this is the WORST week in san diego sports in a long time.
i cant believe the padres lost, and wtf is with the new coach for the chargers?
.[/quote]
This has nothing to do with sports but that reminds me of this thing that happened.... about 2 weeks ago there was a drive-by shooting at the padre's gold bar in linda vista. when the source magazine was doing a party there.
Well i was actually about 10 feet away from the group of guys that was shot at. it was near the entrance and i was waiting for my friends to show up. one guy got hit it the chest... he survived tho.. my friend knew him too.
Pretty scary tho because i was close enough to see the gunpowder smoke from the gun barrel and everything.
crazy black gangs down here.
Alwells glad i wasent hit lol :D

[quote name='supraazn']...about 2 weeks ago there was a drive-by shooting at the padre's gold bar in linda vista. when the source magazine was doing a party there...[/quote]

take this however you like it, but why does that not surprise me? :lol:

[quote name='supraazn']
Well i was actually about 10 feet away from the group of guys that was shot at. it was near the entrance and i was waiting for my friends to show up. one guy got hit it the chest... he survived tho.. my friend knew him too.
Pretty scary tho because i was close enough to see the gunpowder smoke from the gun barrel and everything.
crazy black gangs down here.
[/quote]

That's horrible. I live like 5 minutes away from there.

Not a videogame deal, but a free stand-up comedy show tonight!

I will be part of the Saturday Night Showcase at the Comedy Co-op (11211 Sorrento Valley Road, Suite M, San Diego, CA 92121).

18 and up in, 21 and up BYOB. The show is 100% free and should be a great show! The show starts at 8:00 PM, getting there earlier means better seats...

If mods want to delete this thread, or this is not allowed here, fine, and sorry. I just thought based on other posts in the thread being all things San Diego, etc, this post may find a home here too :)

wow! does anyone know if any hollywood videos/gamecrazys are closing down in SD?
im selling resistance for $40. ill make it $35 for a cager, post is on craigslist.

From what I've seen over at the thread, the ones that are closing down are no longer included in the "Find Location" results. So IB, CV, NC, and Bonita locations are still open.

As far as I can tell, none of the Hollywood video's in the San Diego area are part of the mass closings. The following are still operating as normal:
-both in El Cajon (both with Gamecrazies)
-Aero Drive (GC)
-Down the street from SDSU (no longer has a GC)
-Hillcrest
-Genessee Ave (GC)

Anyone know any good sushi places with cheap prices? If they have a cheap happy hour, that's even better.

I have a few spots that I go to, but I want to try out some other cheap places.

I already know about Ichiban. I usually go to Sushiya since it's next to my house and the basic rolls are already 50% off.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Anyone know any good sushi places with cheap prices? If they have a cheap happy hour, that's even better.

I have a few spots that I go to, but I want to try out some other cheap places.

I already know about Ichiban. I usually go to Sushiya since it's next to my house and the basic rolls are already 50% off.[/quote]

I've heard Sushi Deli 2 has happy hour, but I don't know if it's any good.

[quote name='MarkMan']There's Young Sushi off Bonita Rd... but it's not that cheap... I only go there cuz they have GOOD food lol...[/quote]Love the Crunch Rolls there.

[quote name='orimental']Any Circuity City locations down here honoring the BOGO HD DVD deal?[/QUOTE]
Just got to Fry's, it's good until tomorrow

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Just got to Fry's, it's good until tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I was there this weekend. Only picked up 6. The Fry's deal is only for select Paramount titles. The CC deal I'm referring to was good for any HD DVD $29.99 or less.

what a wild coincidence... almost 4 years to the day of the cedar fires, similiar fires break out today and right when the santa ana just kicked in too. Just stepped outside and was greeted with falling ash, stay safe out there

I really hope everyone is safe and out of harm's way with all the fires out there.

I hope everyone has a place to go if they have to evacuate...

yea crazy shit once again for us ...

I'm living down here in serra mesa area.
It's further down south so i havent got hit with the fire or ash.... yet.
I can clearly see red/orange sky in the distance tho.
I have alot of friends up in rancho and they got hit pretty hard.
Most of them are alright.
I offer all of them to stay at my place too if they want, but hey all want to stay with their families.

anyways man i hope this ends quick and ends well .... aint it a bitch tho.

yeah, i went into the office this morning and got sent home. we're surveying in Carlsbad lately and the company doesn't want to risk us working outside with the smoke and whatnot.

i hope you all are okay and safely out of harm's way. good luck to those who have to evacuate!

I'm T-santa (the other side of the 15 from Serra Mesa) so I don't anticipate any issues, but you can smell and see the smoke. It's pervasive.

Have a cousin in San Marcos who went to stay with her Mom in Temecula. Everyone else down here is OK.

Hope the rest of the San Diego CAGgers are doing well.

wow this is insane, theres a 5% containment rate right now, and already 250k-400k acres burned. What happened to all the programs they established? wheres the help to the people that need it? we had 4 years to prepare for another one and NOTHING!?
the mayor/governors actions are pathetic, hope everyone is alright

This is probably worse than four years ago. Is the Governor fighting the fire with bullets or something? Like someone else said, I thought we would've been prepared for another wildfire in 4 years time.

The ashes are just falling where I'm at. Though I'm glad my classes are cancelled for the time being, I really do hope the fires diminish and I hope everyone evacuates safely.

The fire officials are having a hard time fighting the fires. They haven't done air drops as often due to the erratic winds.

And this is definately worse than the cedar fires :(

Hope everyone is alright.

Damn those 8 air strike C-130s won't be here until 12 noon tomorrow. At this rate, I'll be out of my house by midnight. I can't believe its taking so long for those planes to get over here.

well the officials have probably been slacking on establishing a good preventative and effective method to contain wild fires even after the cedar fires.
But again these fires are huge and with extremely high winds.
Its hard to built back fires and ditches quick enough or effective enough because of the shear size of the fire perimeter and the speed of it.
And theres no plane or vehicle big enough to drop any effective amount of the special fire chemical liquid to contain the fire.

Basically when you have a fire this huge... no one can really do crap about it until it burns itself out.

A good site to go to is http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/
Theres a updated PDF of a map that shows where the fire perimeter and evacuation areas are.
Its a good thing to look at it to see where you stand.
I'm not sure the exact wind flow direction is ... but if you know that then it'll help you figure out if it might hit your area.

I don't know how long it'll burn but since its 0-5% contained and it looks like the wind wont give up .. it might go pretty far.

Anyways hope everyones safe.... but best thing to do is look at the map and find out exactly what your situation is.

[quote name='supraazn']But again these fires are huge and with extremely high winds.[/quote]

That really is the biggest problem. These Santa Ana winds are insane! The winds we had in 2003 were mild compared to the ones we've had in the past few days. It's been blowing since Sunday and has been pretty much non-stop, it's crazy.

This is looking pretty grim. The winds wont seem to die down for a while, and that means the fires will just move on westward. I really pray for once that the fires do not join up and that the weather lets up. I'm not worried about my position as much as my real home back in Chula Vista, the fires seemed to have reached the edge of Rolling Hills/Proctor Valley.

Maybe eastern housing wasn't meant to be. I mean, those eastern areas were full of dry brush and plants that thrived on wildfires every few years.

wow theres a new updated (12:28am) Fire Maps up on http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/

and WOW the fire is almost double in size from the 8:30pm map.. im not sure if its acurate or not because it seems too much over a short period of time and the evacuation area markerr hasent change accordingly.... : /

The harris fire on the bottom is spreading fast moving north-west ward towards down town.

This is getting way out of hands... i'm really worried now

I just got back home in Penasquitos. I15 doesn't have a whole lot of cars. The air here is really shitty. But where I slept in Chula Vista, the sky is red. This was just north of the new evacuation area which is north of the border up to main street, and east of the 805.

just got home myself with my family at carmel valley, right at the 56. I stayed in pt loma with some family and aside from the hazy conditions there it seemed like it was business as usual, its crazy how the winds can be insane up north and with a drive down south to the coastal areas, its all calm. Good news is that the winds have clearly become more calm which will open the door for constant water drops tomorrow

Again, hope everyone's week is goin by for the better...

---

Off topic, does anyone know where I can get some Eye of Judgement (The new PS3 CCG game) booster packs or theme decks in San Diego?

[quote name='MarkMan']
Off topic, does anyone know where I can get some Eye of Judgement (The new PS3 CCG game) booster packs or theme decks in San Diego?[/QUOTE]
Try Target, they have a huge selection of card games. I'm not sure about EoJ since it's still new, but I would give them a try.

Checked the Mission Valley Best Buy and the 360 Rock Band is running is having problems reading the disc lolol... It RARELY worked... :thumbsdown:

If you're still looking for the EoJ booster packs, Gamestop in Rosecrans (not Midway) has a stack of them.

bread's done
Back