Official San Diego Area CAG List

Oh yeah got accepted into SDSU as a transfer from Mesa. Woo!

OO yeah Convoy Target had like Three Rock Revolutions for 13.xx too!

thanks markman! ironically enough, i was at dnb tonight and wanted to stop by target, but decided against it. i guess i'll have to go down tomorrow. hope haze is still there!

I'm sad that the Book Off sale is over, I've been buying a lot of good stuff there too... Here's what I got during the sale:

3310036493_1b8d5d9e43.jpg

3310038027_17e007d131.jpg

3283106697_266a2095e6.jpg

3283106845_686874460e.jpg

3283928774_f77487848d.jpg

3272999617_f502c0494e.jpg

3273818978_df9088dd76.jpg

3212321786_ea98df8c01.jpg

So really, what is everyone's best 'find' from Book Off? I wanna see if someone can top mine !

[quote name='Furashu']does anyone play basketball or badminton?
im trying to excercise more even though im pretty skinny.[/QUOTE]

I work out at the gym on campus at Southwestern and I spar wrestling/boxing with a few friends, but it's a little more combat than you might be comfortable with.

I'm definitely a go-to guy as far as exercise and fitness goes.

Do you guys think the Xbox Live product + 2 free Watchmen tickets is a good deal?

I really wanted HD Remix and I'd be getting two free tickets to see Watchmen.

[quote name='NamelessMC']I work out at the gym on campus at Southwestern and I spar wrestling/boxing with a few friends, but it's a little more combat than you might be comfortable with.

I'm definitely a go-to guy as far as exercise and fitness goes.

Do you guys think the Xbox Live product + 2 free Watchmen tickets is a good deal?

I really wanted HD Remix and I'd be getting two free tickets to see Watchmen.[/quote]
yes because if u get a $20 xbox live pts card ud be getting a $15 game +$5 game on xbox live + $22 in movie tickets since movie tickets are like $11 now a days. so essentially ud get $42 in stuff for $20

i concur with your assessment furashu. the watchmen deal is hot ;)

i didn't know book off was having a sale at all mark! :( if i had known, i would have stopped by many more times than the...NONE that i did :(

i went to target at 8:30 in mission valley this morning. only 1 copy of haze left. thank goodness :p at $8...it may not be COD...but it isn't...um...(insert title here)

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i didn't know book off was having a sale at all mark! :( if i had known, i would have stopped by many more times than the...NONE that i did :( [/quote]

The sale was all last month. 20% off everything, so I hope they do it again sometime! Only exclusions were $1 items and $3 CDs. I think I saw MarkMan and his daughter there once.

lol...next time they have a sale, hopefully i'll read about it here ^^ It may have just gotten burried :p

i picked up my first 2 HALO novels there...bought every other one thereafter ^^

[quote name='supermodestmouse']lol...next time they have a sale, hopefully i'll read about it here ^^ It may have just gotten burried :p

i picked up my first 2 HALO novels there...bought every other one thereafter ^^[/quote]

Sorry you missed out. Next time they have a sale I'll be sure to post a heads up, but I think MarkMan might've said something. Maybe it was on gaf instead.

[quote name='MarkMan']So really, what is everyone's best 'find' from Book Off? I wanna see if someone can top mine ![/quote]

I doubt anyone's gonna top your haul, man. Anyway, here's my favorite find:

3320469077_bc81ce8917_o.jpg

Not sure of its rarity, but for about $20 I couldn't pass it up.

Is it me or is Killzone 2 not as good as it was hyped to be? The game is gorgeous but the gameplay is kinda off...

[quote name='option.iv']I tried the demo. I'm really not used to the aiming acceleration, so therefore I cannot hit anything. It looks nice though.[/quote]

the bullets didn't seem to fly as straight as i would imagine and the button configuration is a little different than i'm used to, but nothing a little time and attention can't fix ^^

[quote name='supermodestmouse']holy moly mark man! what a score! is that book behind glass in a vacuum sealed, air tight case?[/quote]

on his bathroom floor for some good reading

yea idk i dont like the button mapping of killzone it makes my hands so uncomfortable, my 1 peeve with the ds3 controller... they need to have an option to have crouch as L1....im using standard 2 right now and i guess its working for now....

Yeah i saw it on your blog and I was pretty jealous. But hey if you're better at hunting down all the cool stuff there, so be it. I'd kill for one of those Ultimania guides though. (not really, but still). I did see a FFXI guide somewhere there once. Figures that it's for the only FF I'm not interested in. :cry:

edit never mind someone linked me to it!

dude people are offering SF 20th ANny figures!!

someone might even donate the SF2 Movie SEALED

woo

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know anyone who wants to buy a SE SF4 Fight stick?

mine has miraculously survived after 2 weeks and I have zero problems with it.
just ordered an HRAP3 from amazon.

just PM Me!

[quote name='Furashu']anyone know anyone who wants to buy a SE SF4 Fight stick?

mine has miraculously survived after 2 weeks and I have zero problems with it.
just ordered an HRAP3 from amazon.

just PM Me![/QUOTE]

which one is that? im assuming its not 360 though

For my tax filers, are/did you report California Use Tax?

As in, did you report any Sales Tax you would have paid for out-of-state purchases (i.e., Amazon.com)?

Didn't the state of New York complain that no one was doing that? (hence the Amazon.com tax)

I don't imagine that many people filing taxes on out of state purchases. In fact, that's why a lot of people shop on amazon in the first place.

I can't even imagine trying to compile all of the online purchases made. I was just wondering. I'm filing on my own for the first time this year, so I was wondering about that.

[quote name='Panda']I didn't file my online purchases on my taxes. Like I can remember what I buy over the course of the year. Haha.[/QUOTE]

I save every gaming receipt throughout the year.

does anyone know wheres a good place to get my digital camera fixed?

i have a sony cybershot about 2 years old and it broke a year ago... been meaning to get it fixed!

i know of one place off convoy and raytheon, but maybe u guys know some better places?

[quote name='orimental']For my tax filers, are/did you report California Use Tax?

As in, did you report any Sales Tax you would have paid for out-of-state purchases (i.e., Amazon.com)?[/QUOTE]

According to the State of California, you have an obligation to pay these taxes. Whether or not people are doing it is a whole other issue.

Just got back from the EB Games across the street from Wal-Mart off the Palomar exit on the 5. They had 2 PS3 Fightpads, not sure which characters.

Anyone selling a used copy of fallout 3 for the xbox 360? I only saw ps3 collector edition copies during the CC liquidation and I regret returning my xbox copy during the target sale (just got done beating it on the ps3 and thought I would be sick of playing over again on the xbox haha).

[quote name='orimental']For my tax filers, are/did you report California Use Tax?

As in, did you report any Sales Tax you would have paid for out-of-state purchases (i.e., Amazon.com)?[/quote]

And you should look up what a use tax is. It's not the same as a sales tax. ;)

I do report my taxes but then again not all due to what a use tax is.

hey markman when are your ranking battles for SF4, im open to come play with... what a month of SF4 experience lol

er.. fighting game experience period.

heyhey new here well ive been watching over the forum for quite some time. just wondering if anyone has seen any TE fightsticks at any eb or gamestop lately. help would be greatly appreciated. been looking around for a 360 for quite awhile. calling them almost every single day about 30-50 stores haha...desperate i guess. thank yas

hey markman for that tourney at GamesOn would i have to play on xbox 360?cause i dont have a converter and i only have an HRAP3 for the ps3

[quote name='Fieri']And you should look up what a use tax is. It's not the same as a sales tax. ;)

I do report my taxes but then again not all due to what a use tax is.[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you, but the State of California considers items purchased from Amazon by California consumers to be subject to the state use tax. They have even sent spokespeople out to multiple TV and Radio stations to communicate that exact message and have referred to Amazon by name. I personally think the legal basis for this claim is subject to debate, but it is what the Board of Equalization's current opinion on the subject is.

[quote name='bojay1997']I hate to break it to you, but the State of California considers items purchased from Amazon by California consumers to be subject to the state use tax. They have even sent spokespeople out to multiple TV and Radio stations to communicate that exact message and have referred to Amazon by name. I personally think the legal basis for this claim is subject to debate, but it is what the Board of Equalization's current opinion on the subject is.[/quote]

So, if I order something and have Amazon send it as a gift to someone out of state, that's still subject to a use tax? Not according to what the use tax actually is. It does state that anything that was given away out of state is not subject to the use tax.

A shot in the dark but ill try anyway.

Does anyone in the San Diego area ( around national city and chula vista ) Know where i can buy the energy drink BAWLS locally? i hear 7-11 and target carries it but ive never seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:
cerrtain 7-11's do for sure i can vouch but yea not so sure about down more south at chula vista a such its an interesting nrg drink though i just dont seemed to gain any effects from anything period but its good

bread's done
Back