Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='hec204']I think I have one somewhere in my bag if I remember correctly, send me a PM if you want it. I'll look in a little while.[/QUOTE]

Wanted to publicly thank you. @magicman08 (twitter) / magicman08 (Live) thanks you a lot for the code. I was serious when I said it wasn't for me, heh. If I happen to get another from someone, I would keep it for myself.. but he had priority, he's the true Halo fan.

So, thanks again for helping someone who couldn't make it to SDCC this year! When I get back into my convention circuit in 2012 I'll keep you in mind when I start getting a lot of stuff! Cheers.

I've got to find an easy way to unload some guitar hero hardware. I have the drums, wireless guitar and mic for the 360. Does gamestop not accept these for trade ins any longer? I'd rather not craigslist them
(edit) belay the last, friend of mine is interested. regardless im curious if anywhere does accept these as trade ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much of a deal, but got a flyer in the mail today letting me know about the new remodel/grocery section in Grossmont's Target. It comes with coupons for $10 off 2 $29.99 or higher DS games, $10 off 2 $49.99 or higher PS3 games, $10 off 2 $49 or higher Wii games, or $10 off 2 $49.99 or higher 360 games. (4 separate coupons). Of real interest though is the coupon for a free dozen eggs. :)

Poway Blockbuster is closing down. All games/accesories are 10% off. Picked up:

Kane and Lynch (PS3, missing manual) - 4.99
Lego Batman (360, game only) - 9.99
Medal of Honor: European Assault (PS2, Complete) - 4.99
10 PS3 cases - 2.00

After the 10% discount it came up to a little under 20 bucks.

Saw a lot of decent titles. Bayonetta for 20, BC 2 for 30, Dragon Age for 25, Mass Effect 2 for 20 off the top of my head. These prices are before the 10% discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what does CAG think of Luna Video games? How are their prices compared to gamestop, or other used game outlets?

[quote name='mig0']So what does CAG think of Luna Video games? How are their prices compared to gamestop, or other used game outlets?[/QUOTE]
A good question. I work at a Gamestop on El Cajon, and I always recommend Luna when people ask about older systems or need a system repaired, but I've never actually been there.

I haven't been to the El Cajon one, but I've been to the Ocean Beach one a few times. The prices are pretty decent on PS2/Xbox stuff. They had Tales of the Abyss for $30. I would have bought it if the cover wasn't sun damaged (it was out on an endcap by the front window). If you go older, they tend to be much more expensive than ebay. For example, I think Hoshigami on PS1 is like $30-$40 or something, and cart only Secret of Mana was somewhere in the range of $50? This is of course, my experience.

Also, there's another video store called Games On in PB. I don't know how it has such good reviews on Yelp. They must have been friends or paid for the reviews. They're super expensive. More than Best Buy or Gamestop. For example, I'd expect they'd have Borderlands at $60 there right now, since the last time I went in a few months ago, Metal Gear Solid 4 was $60.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']A good question. I work at a Gamestop on El Cajon, and I always recommend Luna when people ask about older systems or need a system repaired, but I've never actually been there.[/QUOTE]

I actually visited Luna on El Cajon Blvd. for the first time on Saturday and I was pretty disappointed. It was stocked with a ton of mediocre quality used titles and had almost nothing unusual, even behind the counter. The prices seemed about the same as Gamestop. I think you probably have a better chance of getting a complete copy of the game as I don't think they buy disc only stuff, but it looked like any other small used game shop I have ever visited.

[quote name='TheHelix']Poway Blockbuster is closing down. All games/accesories are 10% off. Picked up:

Kane and Lynch (PS3, missing manual) - 4.99
Lego Batman (360, game only) - 9.99
Medal of Honor: European Assault (PS2, Complete) - 4.99
10 PS3 cases - 2.00

After the 10% discount it came up to a little under 20 bucks.

Saw a lot of decent titles. Bayonetta for 20, BC 2 for 30, Dragon Age for 25, Mass Effect 2 for 20 off the top of my head. These prices are before the 10% discount.[/QUOTE]

They close on the 19th of this month.
games were at 40% off last time I checked.

I'm selling a gently used Mad Catz Tournament Edition Arcade Stick ( first edition ) and a copy of Street fighter 4. Both for xbox360. My connection makes horrible to play online so I decided to ditch it. Still have the box for everything. $60 for the stick or $80 for both. You can hit me up at 9073012220 I'm located in Point Loma, My name is Mike

I got a $5 gift card to Wal-Mart today in the mail for the "newly remodeled" College Ave location. Just curious if anyone else got one.

[quote name='mig0']So what does CAG think of Luna Video games? How are their prices compared to gamestop, or other used game outlets?[/QUOTE]

Ya, i like to stop by Luna games when i want a good laugh at the insane mark up prices on retro games. Good times

i stopped by after 9, so my ticket wasnt validated. i had back to school night and was beat, so i picked it up tonight after work. still beat, but i don't have to wake up as early

Went to the launch at the Gamestop in otay ranch. Wasn't really planning on going but my girlfriend told me she preordered.

Didn't see it posted (if so, apologies). Sam Goody in Horton Plaza had Halo ODST, Halo 3 and (I think ) Halo Wars priced at $19.99 today. Marked with an actual sticker but I think It said "SALE". I'll check back again tomorrow (and might pick up ODST). Mafia II (PS3 at least) was marked $29.99 (same SALE sticker). The games are on the bottom floor. Non-game related but the A-Team van toy (from the movie) was marked down to $9.xx.

Hey everybody - so this Fri and Sat I am one of the 30 people riding the carousel in Seaport Village for 30 hours trying to win $10,000. There is actually lots of events going on during this 30 hours to keep you entertained. I am posting this because you can ride the carousel and help me out at the same time - when you ride they will ask who you are riding for - if I get the most people to ride with me I get a free pass to one of the trivia questions they will be asking starting at 3pm on Saturday. Soooooooo if you are looking for something to do this weekend come down, have some fun and ride the carousel and my name is Mark... so tell them you are riding for me!

Here is the timeline of whats going on this Fri and Sat:

Friday, October 8th
10 am - 4 pm
Magic 92.5 will be live on property- come say hi to Xavier the X Man & Sherry Knight... they will be giving away PRIZES!

10 am - 5 pm Kite Flite kite decorating

12 pm - 1 pm The Village Hat Shop Carousel Hat Parade

1 pm - 4 pm Live Music, Breez'n (East Plaza Gazebo)

4 pm - 7 pm Live Music, North Park Rock n' Blues (Food Court)

7 pm- 12 am Carousel PARTY! DJ, Emcee, food specials, $1 beers for first hour, live busker performances

12 am - 1 am Power Hour- DJ spinning tunes & riders ride carousel for an hour straight

Saturday, October 9th
10 am - 4 pm Live Music, Nadro John Flamenco Guitar (Food Court)

10 am - 5 pm Kite Flite kite decorating

11 am - 12 pm San Diego Family Magazine Hour- games & prizes for the family

1 pm - 4 pm Live Music, Good Mojo (East Plaza Gazebo)

3 pm Trivia for carousel contestants start

4 pm WINNER ANNOUNCED!

On top of this... we have gift certificates to various Seaport Village stores and restaurants to give away through out the day. The bands in the East Plaza Gazebo will be giving them away, our event Emcee will be giving them away. Bottom line, they are being given away! Lots of fun goodies to be given out. So yes, there is something in it for you!

[quote name='gabolous']Are there any deals at the Microsoft store in Fashion?[/QUOTE]

You missed probably the deal of the year in San Diego. Groupon.com was having a 12-hour or so sale which gave you the option of getting Halo Reach with NBA 2K11 or DR2 (or some stupid Lego Harry Potter game) all for $60...it was epic...

Does Luna video games have trade ins for dreamcasts? I got a dreamcast I wanna unload with some games but don't really wanna do the craigslist/ebay route.

Say, has anybody ever shopped at Game Rave before?

I've passed it a few times when I was working during the summer, but I never bothered stopping in to check out the selection. I've been meaning to check it out since they stock a lot of legacy games according to their site.

[quote name='Broken Scout']Say, has anybody ever shopped at Game Rave before?

I've passed it a few times when I was working during the summer, but I never bothered stopping in to check out the selection. I've been meaning to check it out since they stock a lot of legacy games according to their site.[/QUOTE]

GF says we've been there and thinks I said it was overpriced =P

Think we went there when the GF wanted crappy Devine Pastabilities.

[quote name='Broken Scout']Say, has anybody ever shopped at Game Rave before?

I've passed it a few times when I was working during the summer, but I never bothered stopping in to check out the selection. I've been meaning to check it out since they stock a lot of legacy games according to their site.[/QUOTE]

Never bothered to check it out because I've also heard it was overpriced and rediculous

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Never bothered to check it out because I've also heard it was overpriced and rediculous[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think you get charged just walking in the store. lol

[quote name='elessar123']GF says we've been there and thinks I said it was overpriced =P

Think we went there when the GF wanted crappy Devine Pastabilities.[/QUOTE]

You sir have hurt my feelings. Devine Pastabilities is delicious.

I do agree that Game Rave is overpriced though.

Found some new copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy at MCRD (Marine base) yesterday. They had around 8 copies laying out (they don't keep games behind glass cases). I didn't buy one because I don't plan on playing it but I think it's rare to find new so just a heads up for you collectors.

my goal is to order everything online this year and not have to brave the elements or crowds. black friday isn't what it used to be. amazon is the king! I'm waiting to hear about another trampling at a store.

[quote name='imac980']Found some new copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy at MCRD (Marine base) yesterday. They had around 8 copies laying out (they don't keep games behind glass cases). I didn't buy one because I don't plan on playing it but I think it's rare to find new so just a heads up for you collectors.[/QUOTE]

Just for everyone's info, there are still 9 copies out there (after I bought one). $50 might sound a little steep, but new and sealed collector's editions (like these) are going for $75-85+ on Amazon and Ebay.

[quote name='sdclippers']Sup sd[/QUOTE]

Not much here, but I think I've finally managed to burn off my Thanksgiving calories.

Aren't that many deals B&M, but I just picked up Front Mission Evolved (PS3) for $19.99 New at Gamestop. Which I think is decent for a mech action game.

Otherwise, just looking online for those Amazon and gamefly deals.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Anybody go to K-mart at opening? That mother was packed.[/QUOTE]

which opening?

bread's done
Back