Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='polishpride212']You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Sears in Nanuet, NY?[/QUOTE]

The one CAG I met up in Middletown(shiningslade) the one time used to always tell me about the great clearance deals in Nanuet. But I never found the time to get there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one CAG I met up in Middletown(shiningslade) the one time used to always tell me about the great clearance deals in Nanuet. But I never found the time to get there.[/QUOTE]
I went there once looking for Rock Band Bundles, 360 HDDs, and memory cards, but couldn't find anything. But there is a strong possibility that the store would be loaded with clearance items. Unlike the other Sears in New Jersey (Rockaway, Paramus, Wayne), the Sears in Nanuet isn't connected to a mall, or at least a mall you would want to visit (the mall doesn't even have a gamestop while other malls in the area have three or four), so the stock probably holds up better there.

[quote name='polishpride212']I went there once looking for Rock Band Bundles, 360 HDDs, and memory cards, but couldn't find anything. But there is a strong possibility that the store would be loaded with clearance items. Unlike the other Sears in New Jersey (Rockaway, Paramus, Wayne), the Sears in Nanuet isn't connected to a mall, or at least a mall you would want to visit (the mall doesn't even have a gamestop while other malls in the area have three or four), so the stock probably holds up better there.[/QUOTE]

That explains it then, since he always told me he'd hit up those stores, then sometimes hit up Paramus and all sorts of places in between.:lol: I thought I was bad grabbing guides and going 100 miles in a day on occasion, but every time I talked to him he was in some new area again.

alot of lurkers in nanuet now. so i can never find any deals there anymore. i did manage to grab a rockband se for ps3 for $20, it made one of our friend's son a very happy boy for his bday. i did find ddr mario x2 for $21 each back in 07 :) that was nice.

[quote name='phear3d']alot of lurkers in nanuet now. so i can never find any deals there anymore. i did manage to grab a rockband se for ps3 for $20, it made one of our friend's son a very happy boy for his bday. i did find ddr mario x2 for $21 each back in 07 :) that was nice.[/QUOTE]
Who's lurking? lol I always post stuff...Nanuet Sears has been dead of any deals lately. Last time I was there they had a bunch of Folklores that I was waiting for them to drop to $4.97 but when they finally did & I went back someone else had gotten to them...:cry: I really am all over the place though. Sears in Rockaway has nothing really right now either, was just there Christmas Eve.

[quote name='shiningslade'] Last time I was there they had a bunch of Folklores that I was waiting for them to drop to $4.97 but when they finally did & I went back someone else had gotten to them...:cry:[/QUOTE]

My brother and I picked one of each a couple months back when it was in the $10.xx range. We came back every week or so to see if the price finally dropped and when it did, only one Folklore was left.

That Nanuet Sears had some sweet HDTVs on clearance too.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Man, I haven't visited this thread in ages. Seems like drops have slowed down though. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

That's the understatement of the year. It's been virtually dead for months now :cry:

[quote name='anime5ever']Sorry to bump, is Jeanne D'Arc still on sale? i saw a copy at sears still.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to scan it (either take the game or a barcode printout up to a self-scanner if you can, or have them get it out of the case and scan it for you if not), because Sears seems to be very YMMV about their clearance prices. I've even seen significant differences from one store to the next in my immediate area.

Yeah its sad days for Sears clearance. Last year the adventures at Sears.... the stories... all just memories now :(. That said Im sure it will pick up when business slows.

They raised the prices mostly for the holidays. I'm sure we'll see some new drops soon. Since the first Friday was the 1st and a holiday, if there are drops this month it will probably be on the 8th.

They need to clearance out the psp 1000 and 2000's their sitting on, around here. I wouldn't mind picking one up, if they weren't still ringing at 199

[quote name='polishpride212']I miss the days of $1 HDDs, $2 Memory Cards, and $15 Rock Bands.[/QUOTE]

Fear not CAG, the Holidays always bring about poor clearance deals...wait a couple more weeks and it will pick back up (check the Target/kmart threads its tough over there too).

I'm heading out to the mall, I'll print some UPCs to scan.

anyone able to pm the game crazy games that were on sale? i couldnt make it today, had another lazy day. it would have been nice to get zelda phg for $12.99

[quote name='agentorange14']YMMV but keep your eyes peeled. I just found an old dusty rock band se for ps3 at sears for 9.97. Florence ky btw[/QUOTE]
Must have dropped in price. I was able to find one pre Christmas and it was $14.97. Like yours, it wasn't in the best of conditions.

[quote name='agentorange14']YMMV but keep your eyes peeled. I just found an old dusty rock band se for ps3 at sears for 9.97. Florence ky btw[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes open.

i havent been into my Sears in forever, hopefully we'll see some drops soon. Last thing i got was a EOJ bundle for $6.97.

FYI, I have a pink flip video camera(60min) w/case and cords that I'm trying to get rid of. Just in case anyone missed out on them and/or wants one for their girlfriend/wife/whatever. :p

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, I have a pink flip video camera(60min) w/case and cords that I'm trying to get rid of. Just in case anyone missed out on them and/or wants one for their girlfriend/wife/whatever. :p[/QUOTE]

But what if I'm a dude and I totally think pink is for me? :lol:

[quote name='Gbear09']But what if I'm a dude and I totally think pink is for me? :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's what the "whatever" was supposed to cover. :p

I am personally fine with pink. My first Zune was a pink 30GB one.(the 30 gigs were built like tanks!)

Does anybody know if the flip mino 60 minutes has dropped in price (or if it will by tomorrow hopefully with the new drops)? I remember people saying that they got it for $40 a while back.

[quote name='zpoor17']Does anybody know if the flip mino 60 minutes has dropped in price (or if it will by tomorrow hopefully with the new drops)? I remember people saying that they got it for $40 a while back.[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong, but that Flip mino was one of the few times a Sears drop was YMMV. I checked 4 stores for 8 weeks straight and the closest I saw them were $99. They wobbled back and forth (on sale, regular price, slight drop) for months.

I was trying to upgrade, but I ended up keeping my Flip Ultra I got for $39 at K-mart.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I could be wrong, but that Flip mino was one of the few times a Sears drop was YMMV. I checked 4 stores for 8 weeks straight and the closest I saw them were $99. They wobbled back and forth (on sale, regular price, slight drop) for months.

I was trying to upgrade, but I ended up keeping my Flip Ultra I got for $39 at K-mart.[/QUOTE]

One of the few times? lol

It seems like every drop at Sears now is a YMMV.

[quote name='shoe478']One of the few times? lol

It seems like every drop at Sears now is a YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Even different Sears stores right in my immediate area often have different drops (or lack of drops) on most of the clearance titles.

Wow, looks like I picked the wrong time to join this forum because some of those deals are ridiculous. $15 Rock Band set, $5 hard drive, wow.

[quote name='dinovelvet']So anyone going to go scanning today? Look for Madworld, Pikmin, and the 09 sports stuff.[/QUOTE]

I would, but the roads are bad where I live so I just went out once to get more shipping stuff, and I don't plan on going back out.

[quote name='dinovelvet']So anyone going to go scanning today? Look for Madworld, Pikmin, and the 09 sports stuff.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about checking it out today. If I do I will keep an eye out.

[quote name='TheWooz']I saw Xbox 360 NHL 09 for $4.97 yesterday in milford ct.[/QUOTE]

That dropped to that price last month. The only game I found out of the cabinet that I knew was on clearance was Madden 09, so I scanned it but it was still $9.97 so it doesn't look like there have been new drops, at least not yet.

Scanned a bunch of stuff in the $29.99 and under basket, but everything came up as sticker price ($14.99, $19.99 and $29.99).

I did get a Rock Band drum pedal for $9.97 (only 2 left, so I didn't want to miss out) and a Sony VRD-MC5 dvd recorder for $81.97 (down from $144.97 and retails for over $200).

My store had several different models of Handycams, Coolpix and other such camcorders and cameras on clearance, as well, so if you're looking for one, you'd best get to a store and check them out!

bread's done
Back