Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Randomly found a copy of Bioshock for PS3 (minus the outer sleeve) that popped up in the case out of nowhere. Must have been a return or something. Got myself ready for some cheap $4.99 action. My excitement turned to dismay when the guy working there scanned it and it rang up at $19.99. BOO! I should have known better....was just hoping for a random miracle....oh well.

[quote name='TimTucker']Picked up Big Brain Academy Wii ($9.97), Pikmin Wii ($9.97) & some extra Nyko Wii power adapters ($1.97) tonight.[/QUOTE]

Was your Best Buy out of the Pikmin's for $5?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Randomly found a copy of Bioshock for PS3 (minus the outer sleeve) that popped up in the case out of nowhere. Must have been a return or something. Got myself ready for some cheap $4.99 action. My excitement turned to dismay when the guy working there scanned it and it rang up at $19.99. BOO! I should have known better....was just hoping for a random miracle....oh well.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me too last month. I found a random Bioshock that had showed up out of nowhere and I was like 'sweet a $5 game'. I took it to the scanner....$19.99. WTF!?!?

I guess any old clearance stock they had in the back they jacked back up to MSRP for the holidays. Oh well. I wasn't going to play the game anyway, just use it for trade fodder for the Gamestop 4/$20 promo since I already played it.

Did you check the barcode? My stores have gotten tons of old clearance games re-barcoded with a front-lane sticker and a generic pricetag on front.

The Sears near me has a bunch of toys on clearance for 30% off. My store sets up a couple isles of toys for a couple of months during the holidays. They always have a crapload left over and on clearance by the first week of the new year. Not a bad deal if you have little ones. I
m watching for further drops to grab some Disney Cars stuff for my son on the cheap.

My store hasn't had squat in the way of video game deals in forever.

Went to my Sears today. I would've scanned stuff if there was anything to scan. I was shocked that there only those crappy two-packs for $29.99 left. They either got wiped out in the past two weeks, or I don't have any clue. I doubt they did price drops that I missed, cuz no one seems to shop there

Tonight I found a copy of the original Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops for PSP (not Plus) for $19.99. For a sealed copy of the original version, not Greatest Hits, I figured it was pretty good. They also had two copies of Persona 3 for PS2 that I swear have been there since its release -- still $59.99. Sears deserves the Cheapy Award for WTF Price Choices... :whistle2:?

My Sears is apparently the only one that never marks anything down; their clearance prices are all pretty much ridiculous. I grabbed a Lost Planet since I've been wanting that one and scanned it, it rang up the sticker price of $19.99, and that was the regular one, not even Colonies which is that much to begin with. Lame!

[quote name='ExeterBlue']Tonight I found a copy of the original Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops for PSP (not Plus) for $19.99. For a sealed copy of the original version, not Greatest Hits, I figured it was pretty good. They also had two copies of Persona 3 for PS2 that I swear have been there since its release -- still $59.99. Sears deserves the Cheapy Award for WTF Price Choices... :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

A sealed one sells on Amazon for $65. I don't know why it got so rare since it went Greatest Hits.

do you guys remember the old xbox live one year packs selling at sears for $4.97 awhile back? Well i bought one of those because someone said it doesn't expire and I just tried using it a couple of days ago. One or two numbers were barely legible but it doesn't work. Called microsoft and they said the card must have expired... but there is no expiration date on it. Any advice?

[quote name='stojko23']do you guys remember the old xbox live one year packs selling at sears for $4.97 awhile back? Well i bought one of those because someone said it doesn't expire and I just tried using it a couple of days ago. One or two numbers were barely legible but it doesn't work. Called microsoft and they said the card must have expired... but there is no expiration date on it. Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Call Microsoft and tell them your card don't work.

Them curry-dudes will make it work. I know from experience.

[quote name='shoe478']A sealed one sells on Amazon for $65. I don't know why it got so rare since it went Greatest Hits.[/QUOTE]its oop thats why

[quote name='stojko23']do you guys remember the old xbox live one year packs selling at sears for $4.97 awhile back? Well i bought one of those because someone said it doesn't expire and I just tried using it a couple of days ago. One or two numbers were barely legible but it doesn't work. Called microsoft and they said the card must have expired... but there is no expiration date on it. Any advice?[/QUOTE]just say to them that you cant return this since youve opened it. so youre pretty much stuck with something you bought for $50 not knowing that the codes expired. they should be able to give you a new one or reinstate that code

[quote name='stojko23']do you guys remember the old xbox live one year packs selling at sears for $4.97 awhile back? Well i bought one of those because someone said it doesn't expire and I just tried using it a couple of days ago. One or two numbers were barely legible but it doesn't work. Called microsoft and they said the card must have expired... but there is no expiration date on it. Any advice?[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have bought and redeemed at least three or four old Xbox Live cards and have never had a problem with them working. Wait, let me amend that: they worked once I finally inputted the code correctly. You're right, the ink fades on those cards, and the characters can get blurry as hell.

Have you tried a few variations on what the code might be? I would often confuse a "F" for a "P," say, or a "B" for a "8." You get the idea.

[quote name='dave auto']Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have bought and redeemed at least three or four old Xbox Live cards and have never had a problem with them working. Wait, let me amend that: they worked once I finally inputted the code correctly. You're right, the ink fades on those cards, and the characters can get blurry as hell.

Have you tried a few variations on what the code might be? I would often confuse a "F" for a "P," say, or a "B" for a "8." You get the idea.[/QUOTE]Ditto this sentiment. I just used one and gave one to a friend and both worked fine. These were from the 12 month cards intended for the original xbox. Mine had several characters that were blurry and after several variations I got it right.

[quote name='dave auto']Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have bought and redeemed at least three or four old Xbox Live cards and have never had a problem with them working. Wait, let me amend that: they worked once I finally inputted the code correctly. You're right, the ink fades on those cards, and the characters can get blurry as hell.

Have you tried a few variations on what the code might be? I would often confuse a "F" for a "P," say, or a "B" for a "8." You get the idea.[/QUOTE]

Do these original xbox codes work for the 360? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've only had a 360 for a few months, and just activated one of my 2 30-day gold membership deals. If so, I'll have to check into that.

[quote name='caldazar']Do these original xbox codes work for the 360? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've only had a 360 for a few months, and just activated one of my 2 30-day gold membership deals. If so, I'll have to check into that.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The codes are for Xbox Live service, and not for any specific console.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Picked up :psp: Star Ocean: First Departure - $9.97[/QUOTE]
I checked mine today, but it was still $20. Kmart and Sears are the only places left in town that still have this. Guess I'll have to keep checking.

What ever happened to that Riccaboni guy that used to work for Sears? In August he was letting us know ahead of time when drops were going to take place. Gotta be someone from Sears who can find out rather than having everyone constantly checking only to find the same old crap. I've been to my local Sears about every couple weeks for like 2 months to find the same $10-20 stuff that needs to be more like $5-$10.

Also now that it's mentioned I swear i saw Star Ocean too. Have to have them scan it if it's still there next time. Hopefully it will be and updates come soon maybe I can get it for

[quote name='erehwon']I checked mine today, but it was still $20. Kmart and Sears are the only places left in town that still have this. Guess I'll have to keep checking.[/QUOTE]

I scanned one earlier today at 20 as well

[quote name='caldazar']Do these original xbox codes work for the 360? Sorry if this is a silly question, I've only had a 360 for a few months, and just activated one of my 2 30-day gold membership deals. If so, I'll have to check into that.[/QUOTE]
Just to confirm, yes: I'm talking about years-old Live Kits in big black boxes, intended for the original Xbox, that I have redeemed on my 360 toward my Gold membership. Worked every time once I read the characters in the code correctly.

Don't want to veer into an off-topic regional discussion here, but I just wanna wish you luck hunting around in tha ROC. It's been years since I spotted any amazing deals at the various Sears locations there. The old Irondequoit Mall (now Medley Center) was a goldmine for a while there, back in '06.

[quote name='dave auto']Just to confirm, yes: I'm talking about years-old Live Kits in big black boxes, intended for the original Xbox, that I have redeemed on my 360 toward my Gold membership. Worked every time once I read the characters in the code correctly.

Don't want to veer into an off-topic regional discussion here, but I just wanna wish you luck hunting around in tha ROC. It's been years since I spotted any amazing deals at the various Sears locations there. The old Irondequoit Mall (now Medley Center) was a goldmine for a while there, back in '06.[/QUOTE]

I hit my best day @ Sears in Victor several months back. :360: vision cam, 512 mem card and RB1 SE. - Shelled out less than $20 total. :D Thanks Dave for the clarification.

[quote name='ferant316']Next electronics markdown is 2/05. Not sure what is on there yet though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, ferant!

[quote name='jebnaut']Picked up Jeanne d'Arc for $4.99. And I don't particularly want it!

Uhhh, do any of you guys want it?[/QUOTE]Man I really really hate to do this since I am mostly a lurker, but if none of the regular members want it I will gladly buy it from you.

I went to an out of the way Sears yesterday and saw a copy of madworld Wii for 9.97. That was a good price but the game didn't interest me so I didn't get it. They had a couple 2 packs for the DS that looked good that were obviously left over after the holidays but they were still ringing up 19.99.

Clothes are cheap in Sears and Kmart now so now is the time to get anything if you need something, an extra 40% off doesn't come up too often and you know the prices will go right back to the standard clearance prices after the sale ends.

Wii memory cards have been marked down. I got a 1 gig for 97 cents. They are in the case with the Wii's and are labeled specifically for the Wii, which is why many people overlooked them. They will be in short supply but my local store had a few. They had the full price labeled on them, so like always ask them to double check the price.

[quote name='SaraAB']Clothes are cheap in Sears and Kmart now so now is the time to get anything if you need something, an extra 40% off doesn't come up too often and you know the prices will go right back to the standard clearance prices after the sale ends.[/QUOTE]

You're correct. I went to Sears to hunt down some games when I noticed something about a "Kids Program" they have there.

It goes like this:

Buy any kids jeans (could be other items, but I'm not sure). If the jeans rip, tear, etc you can return them (with the receipt) and get another pair free. Picked up 3 $14.99 clearance jeans (regular priced between $26-30) for my son. The program was free and you didn't have to sign up for anything. A bargain if you have a child who's jeans seem to rip "when the wind blows".

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']You're correct. I went to Sears to hunt down some games when I noticed something about a "Kids Program" they have there.

It goes like this:

Buy any kids jeans (could be other items, but I'm not sure). If the jeans rip, tear, etc you can return them (with the receipt) and get another pair free. Picked up 3 $14.99 clearance jeans (regular priced between $26-30) for my son. The program was free and you didn't have to sign up for anything. A bargain if you have a child who's jeans seem to rip "when the wind blows".[/QUOTE]

I think they have had this program for a while. If I had kids I would be bringing back the clothing after its used and getting it replaced and then sell the new stuff on ebay or take it to a consignment shop in your area. I am surprised they can do this because there is a huge secondary market out there for kids clothing, and it seems a lot of people would take advantage of this program.

I don't think a lot of people take advantage of it though as I don't see people returning a lot at Sears but with the quality and prices of children's clothing it is a real bargain especially on clearance items.

Don't forget Sears also has a price protection policy where if the item is priced lower on the price tag and it rings up higher in the register they are supposed to take $5 off the item or if its under $5 they are supposed to give it to you for free. This policy is displayed on all the scanners and on a card by each register. Although the one time I mentioned this policy they refused to honor it even though the documentation was there.

[quote name='dave auto']Just to confirm, yes: I'm talking about years-old Live Kits in big black boxes, intended for the original Xbox, that I have redeemed on my 360 toward my Gold membership. Worked every time once I read the characters in the code correctly.

Don't want to veer into an off-topic regional discussion here, but I just wanna wish you luck hunting around in tha ROC. It's been years since I spotted any amazing deals at the various Sears locations there. The old Irondequoit Mall (now Medley Center) was a goldmine for a while there, back in '06.[/QUOTE]
WOW, didn't know there was alot of cags from the ROC, add me 2 the list!
[quote name='caldazar']I hit my best day @ Sears in Victor several months back. :360: vision cam, 512 mem card and RB1 SE. - Shelled out less than $20 total. :D Thanks Dave for the clarification.[/QUOTE]
Oh, so your the hoarder i need to look out for!!! Victor is my territory!!! LOL!

[quote name='polo14player']WOW, didn't know there was alot of cags from the ROC, add me 2 the list!

Oh, so your the hoarder i need to look out for!!! Victor is my territory!!! LOL![/QUOTE]

Hah! The 3 of us should pool resources - It's a rare day that I make it ouside of the Victor/Fairport/Perinton range for shopping.

went to my local sears in the mall today...a shit load of games... but all at regular price...

nothing really good...

got pissed saw...wwe svsr 2009 for 10 bucks....so I picked up wwe svsr 2008 hoping it was 5 bucks....

it rang up as $30

I WAS LIKE WTF!?

so the next clearance drop is on 2/5

is this for all stores?

I've been informed that Sears will be having a "Friends and Family Night" late February. Probably the 21st. What that is, if you don't know, is when they stay open late on Sundays and offer an additional discount. It's intended for employees, family, and loyal customers to give them an extra discount.

I don't have game specifics yet but I think they will offer an addition 5 to 10 percent off which usually includes clearance. Not a huge boost I know but on top of an already reduced price it can help. When the flyers are printed I can check but often employees themselves aren't told until the last minute.

Someone asked about insider info. The sales and clearance aren't disclosed as early as they used to be. In the past I could scan things with a SNC and tell you up to two months when it would go on sale or clrx. The system was changed to prevent employee access to that and the manager claims even she doesn't know until a week or two for clearance.

[quote name='josh62488']

so the next clearance drop is on 2/5

is this for all stores?[/QUOTE]

I'm not privy to that info but I think it is would be stores, or at least all by region. I don't know where you got the date because I haven't been told, but I do know the clrx usually comes in from regional. Again though it's a little beyond me. I'm just a peon after all. I only wish I had some juicy news to share.

I heard from an employee that 2/5 is the next drop. He works in electronics but is a bit of chattermouth so he sometimes exaggerates. (Makes sense if youre selling warranties lol) But he said World Tour for $5. Dont quote that because he exaggerates on me sometimes but 2/5 seems to be right

[quote name='Kaiser499']I hope it's something good.[/QUOTE]

If Sears isn't going back to the old way of doing clearance, it won't really matter if anything good drops. The games will be a different price at each store.

Yeah this new YMMV pricing is horrible. It is very fusturating to read about a game for $9.97 and then have it scan for full price at multiple Sears, unfortunately that seems to be the case more often than not. In December I printed out UPC's for 6 or 7 games, all scanned for full price. Clearance really seems to have been non existant overall, no drop at Sears this month (and last month?), KMart hasn't had a drop in a long time and prices aren't low, TRU had a very small drop in early December with nothing to great. Hopefully Sears will come through next month with some amazing drops.

[quote name='mkiker2089']I've been informed that Sears will be having a "Friends and Family Night" late February. Probably the 21st. What that is, if you don't know, is when they stay open late on Sundays and offer an additional discount. It's intended for employees, family, and loyal customers to give them an extra discount.

I don't have game specifics yet but I think they will offer an addition 5 to 10 percent off which usually includes clearance. Not a huge boost I know but on top of an already reduced price it can help. When the flyers are printed I can check but often employees themselves aren't told until the last minute.

Someone asked about insider info. The sales and clearance aren't disclosed as early as they used to be. In the past I could scan things with a SNC and tell you up to two months when it would go on sale or clrx. The system was changed to prevent employee access to that and the manager claims even she doesn't know until a week or two for clearance.[/QUOTE]

Totally way off subject. But the February F&F, do you know if they are going to offer a discount on Appliances. I'm in the market for a Fridge and/or dishwasher. I wanted to jump on the January F&F, but didn't have the ability to do it then.

As far as appliances they usually run perks but that is store specific I think. Often it's 5 percent on things like that. The employees are actually prohibited from telling you early but if you find someone you can work with make it clear that you won't be buying until then and he'll keep you informed. They are on commission after all.

[quote name='mkiker2089']As far as appliances they usually run perks but that is store specific I think. Often it's 5 percent on things like that. The employees are actually prohibited from telling you early but if you find someone you can work with make it clear that you won't be buying until then and he'll keep you informed. They are on commission after all.[/QUOTE]

That explains a few things. He was very forward about the January Friends and Family. It was the Sunday and we were they on Saturday. I think it had to do with it was all over the website, so he wasn't telling me something that wasn't public already. It was 10%, maybe as the day get's closer I will head back the store and talk to the sales person before. He might let me know again. Thanks for the information.

[quote name='polo14player']WOW, didn't know there was alot of cags from the ROC, add me 2 the list!

Oh, so your the hoarder i need to look out for!!! Victor is my territory!!! LOL![/QUOTE]

Hello no, Victor is my territory!

Add me to the Roc list lol.

Is the Eye of Judgement bundle still around? I would love to get ahold of one, and my 2 local Sears don't seem to have it in stock :whistle2:(

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is the Eye of Judgement bundle still around? I would love to get ahold of one, and my 2 local Sears don't seem to have it in stock :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Still available, yes, but it will be near impossible to find. Things like that, the $2 HDD, $15 Rock Band usually disappear very quickly. I have been to Sears all over my area (New Jersey, New York, Connecticut) and I have never been able to find a bundle.

So how many of us are still waiting for those Rock band sets at Medley Center to finally drop?
My buddy and I hit all the Sears. Usually find a couple of things here and there. Definitely noticed that we can't wait for too much to drop below $9.97 or it all disappears. I hit Buffalo too since I'm out there every weekend. Found a PS2 Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle for $1.97 a week before Christmas at a Sears on Niagra Blvd.

and Victor sucks. The Sears isn't too bad, I've gotten a lot of stuff from there, but the Target and Kmart are always the last ones to drop the prices on clearance stuff

bread's done
Back