Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

They might though!
It's just that that is one of the Sears that rarely prices things let alone updates what the price should be. Just last week I grabbed a $19.99 Wii Spiderman Web of Shadows that rang up for $9.97.

Talking about Eye of Judgement, I'm waiting. I know the idea of getting the camera / mic is good but I suspect Sony will have a bundle deal with the Arc when it hits. We'll see, I could be wrong. If my local Sears still has the Eye game I'll scan it and see because the mic would come in handy for multiplayer.

[quote name='kraftwerks']So how many of us are still waiting for those Rock band sets at Medley Center to finally drop?
My buddy and I hit all the Sears. Usually find a couple of things here and there. Definitely noticed that we can't wait for too much to drop below $9.97 or it all disappears. I hit Buffalo too since I'm out there every weekend. Found a PS2 Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle for $1.97 a week before Christmas at a Sears on Niagra Blvd.

and Victor sucks. The Sears isn't too bad, I've gotten a lot of stuff from there, but the Target and Kmart are always the last ones to drop the prices on clearance stuff[/QUOTE]

You are your buddy must not buy alot :) . Back in my heavier cagging days 2005-2008, i would hit all the sears in buffalo and nothing would be touched. Its like I was the only one hitting any of them. And I mean all 5. Rochester was the best. Id wait 3 months to let all the stuff drop to around 1-5$ and would go and its like no one knew. I didnt even have to worry about someone buying the stuff at 9.97 or 4.97 cause most of the stores didnt mark stuff in Roc. All the Sears were full with unmarked games ringing up 1.97 every time. This is why I made the assumption that there must be 0 caggers in WNY... or maybe I should rephrase.. no hoarders in WNY.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah this new YMMV pricing is horrible. It is very fusturating to read about a game for $9.97 and then have it scan for full price at multiple Sears, unfortunately that seems to be the case more often than not. In December I printed out UPC's for 6 or 7 games, all scanned for full price. Clearance really seems to have been non existant overall, no drop at Sears this month (and last month?), KMart hasn't had a drop in a long time and prices aren't low, TRU had a very small drop in early December with nothing to great. Hopefully Sears will come through next month with some amazing drops.[/QUOTE]

Actually my mileage doesn't vary. The game clearances at all the Sears within an hour from me have sucked since about a half year ago :whistle2:( and TRU is even worse.

[quote name='JTHuffy']shhhhhhh...don't talk about Medley Center! nobody knows that one's still there![/QUOTE]

*eyeballs JTHuffy - you talkin about up on 104? Hmmmm looks like I'm gonna have to take a drive :D

[quote name='caldazar']*eyeballs JTHuffy - you talkin about up on 104? Hmmmm looks like I'm gonna have to take a drive :D[/QUOTE]

I'll be taking a plane myself...

[quote name='mkiker2089']I've been informed that Sears will be having a "Friends and Family Night" late February. Probably the 21st. What that is, if you don't know, is when they stay open late on Sundays and offer an additional discount. It's intended for employees, family, and loyal customers to give them an extra discount.

I don't have game specifics yet but I think they will offer an addition 5 to 10 percent off which usually includes clearance. Not a huge boost I know but on top of an already reduced price it can help. When the flyers are printed I can check but often employees themselves aren't told until the last minute.

Someone asked about insider info. The sales and clearance aren't disclosed as early as they used to be. In the past I could scan things with a SNC and tell you up to two months when it would go on sale or clrx. The system was changed to prevent employee access to that and the manager claims even she doesn't know until a week or two for clearance.[/QUOTE]

Friends & Family nights have been happening on a regular basis. At our store we're encouraged to tell our customers about these nights. I only work on weekends now, but 2/21 sounds right.

To the guy asking about appliances, usually the absolute best time to buy is F&F for appliances.

[quote name='mkiker2089']Talking about Eye of Judgement, I'm waiting. I know the idea of getting the camera / mic is good but I suspect Sony will have a bundle deal with the Arc when it hits. We'll see, I could be wrong. If my local Sears still has the Eye game I'll scan it and see because the mic would come in handy for multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Sony can take their 'Arc' and shove it up their ass. I'm getting sick of these gaming companies this gen seemingly changing the focus of their marketing and what not every year or so, not to mention the innumerable SKU's for the hardware.

Stick to one fuckin' HDD size, make up your minds on BC and stop confusing consumers.

I never used the motion crap on the SixAxis I got with my 40 gb and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy a whole different set up to control my games. They'd better keep support for the DS3.

[quote name='Dynamic3']Hello no, Victor is my territory!

Add me to the Roc list lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xDerekRx']Ha Im from Buffalo and Ive been cleaning out Rochester for the last 3 years... you guys must not try very hard[/QUOTE]
you guys should never reveal the sears or any store you go to. trust me on this one, youll see.

[quote name='phear3d']you guys should never reveal the sears or any store you go to. trust me on this one, youll see.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause: Never call on a deal and if you have a goldmine store, keep that info to yourself, since you never know when there might be a hoarder waiting to hit your store for everything.

And yes, I know I'm a bit of a hoarder(at times), but only shit that's like $2 or less anymore.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Well....I just got an email from Sears saying Friends and Fans Day, apparently they don't give a shit about employees hah

January 30th

Here is the link to the coupon:
http://content.sears.com/ue/home/01..._VIPDay_FriendsFans&eml=36788564&ruid=1000441[/QUOTE]

thanks for this.

for anyone looking for xbox live 12 month deal, try this.

- go to walmart.com and print out the 12 mo. xbl deal they have for $30
- pm to sears, get $2 off, making it $28
- use the 10% off coupon (if applicable), that comes out to $25.20 + tax.

i will try this today cause my subscription expires on feb. good luck.

[quote name='phear3d']thanks for this.

for anyone looking for xbox live 12 month deal, try this.

- go to walmart.com and print out the 12 mo. xbl deal they have for $30
- pm to sears, get $2 off, making it $28
- use the 10% off coupon (if applicable), that comes out to $25.20 + tax.

i will try this today cause my subscription expires on feb. good luck.[/QUOTE]

It's not $30 anymore.

[quote name='BaratoGamer']Samsung 12.2 Megapixel 3X Optical Zoom Digital Camera - Black ($69.97), orig: $129.99.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00338541000P?pid=00338541000&aff=Y&sid=I0084400010000100688

Comes with charger, 2.5-2.6" LCD, uses SecureDigital flash memory. Available for in store pick-up.

FYI. Coupon for additional 10% off starting 8pm Central and all Saturday (01/30/2010).[/QUOTE]

That's a nice one. People should take advantage of the coupon and buy stuff this weekend before the next round of drops on 2/5.

is the only coupon that applies to the games the 10% electronics one? Also how does the sale work as in how do you know somehting is cheaper. I would assume they wouldn't mark everything down. Thanks.

I know of a sears store that has three, but the employees don't know the item number, and security won't let them take i out of lock up to ring it up, which is why I am asking.

[quote name='poohzilla']I know of a sears store that has three, but the employees don't know the item number, and security won't let them take i out of lock up to ring it up, which is why I am asking.[/QUOTE]
its probably a penny now. im not sure. ferrant did mention that they're not allowed to buy things that are a penny since they will get into trouble.

Security won't let them see it? That sounds fishy to me, more like an employee is blowing smoke than anything else. One quirk of the Sears system is that often electronics employees are last to know what's actually in stock. They usually have to call down to recieving to have the camera lock up checked.

[quote name='poohzilla']Does anybody happen to know the sku or item number for the xbox 360 120gb hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to UPCDatabase.com where I put in the UPC from the 120gb HDD.

Just print up the UPC(s) and take them to one of the self scanners at your local Sears. That should solve the issue with the stubborn employees.

Link: http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/882224460941

Isn't there supposed to be an electronics clearance mark down tomorrow? I'm hoping since I'm really wanting to get Star Ocean The First Departure for $10.

It was supposedly the 5th, not the 2nd.

Also, I still have one of the pink Flip Ultra's w/matching case and cable for anyone who wants it.(I got a Kodak Zi6 to play with, so I don't need it anymore)

[quote name='erehwon']Isn't there supposed to be an electronics clearance mark down tomorrow? I'm hoping since I'm really wanting to get Star Ocean The First Departure for $10.[/QUOTE]

It is on the 5th.

just got back from sear in my town.. to look for some games that are listed through this thread.. and came across singstar vol. 2 for the ps3 for $20.. which i think was a good deal.. with 2 mics and game.. so not bad.. and when i went to get it ringed up .. it went down to 15 bucks.. even more better... =OD thank guys for the thread.. I

[quote name='dabamus']It was supposedly the 5th, not the 2nd.

Also, I still have one of the pink Flip Ultra's w/matching case and cable for anyone who wants it.(I got a Kodak Zi6 to play with, so I don't need it anymore)[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I knew it was soon. Guess I'll be heading out on Friday then.

At a Sears I visited today, they had two big wheeled carts full of games with a UPC scan gun sitting on top right at the edge of the electronics section next to the door to the stockroom. The games had no tags and there was no signage around it. Games in the carts included some that I know were part of previous drops. Among others, I saw:

:360:Army of Two
:360:Left 4 Dead (GOTY)
:360:Street Fighter IV
:360:Grand Theft Auto IV
:360:Spider-man: Web of Shadows
:360:Rockband 1 (game only)

:ps3:Metal Gear Solid 4
:ps3:Dead Space
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank (I think Quest for Booty)

:wii:MadWorld
:wii:A bunch of crap

:ps2:Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
:ps2:Whatever else

A ton of EA Sports 09 games, various systems and sports.

Other stuff I can't remember. It's been a couple hours.

Anyway, I have no idea why these games were set aside like this or if it has anything to do with a drop, but if a list doesn't come out from an "official" source these might be good games to start scanning Friday morning.

Sorry, I'm a noob to this thread, and after reading the first post, most of my questions were answered, I just kinda want to confirm, is this expected to be YMMV (i.e. the K-Mart clearance), or is it much more reliable than that.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Sorry, I'm a noob to this thread, and after reading the first post, most of my questions were answered, I just kinda want to confirm, is this expected to be YMMV (i.e. the K-Mart clearance), or is it much more reliable than that.[/QUOTE]

99% of the time Sears clearance is company wide. Kmart is actually usually never YMMV. Usually always company wide. But Kmart and Sears do have similarities in their clearance. Some stores will forget to do markdowns or will be a month behind. So there is always that chance but more than likely if you walk into a Sears over the weekend, the drop prices will reflect.

[quote name='xDerekRx']99% of the time Sears clearance is company wide. Kmart is actually usually never YMMV. Usually always company wide. But Kmart and Sears do have similarities in their clearance. Some stores will forget to do markdowns or will be a month behind. So there is always that chance but more than likely if you walk into a Sears over the weekend, the drop prices will reflect.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I only say that about K-Mart because literally every K-Mart within a 50 mile radius of me (which is really only about 2) is NEVER good about updating their clearance, and I'm hoping Sears is better about it, because, and you said it, they do seem very similar in clearance styles.

The last few drops seemed to be very YMMV. MGS 4 was reported on clearance and scanned for $29.99 at 2 stores I checked, same with half a dozen or so other UPC's I scanned, like NHL 09 360, reported to be $4.97 but scanned for full price at those 2 stores.

[quote name='ccrankles']At a Sears I visited today, they had two big wheeled carts full of games with a UPC scan gun sitting on top right at the edge of the electronics section next to the door to the stockroom. The games had no tags and there was no signage around it. Games in the carts included some that I know were part of previous drops. Among others, I saw:

:360:Army of Two
:360:Left 4 Dead (GOTY)
:360:Street Fighter IV
:360:Grand Theft Auto IV
:360:Spider-man: Web of Shadows
:360:Rockband 1 (game only)

:ps3:Metal Gear Solid 4
:ps3:Dead Space
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank (I think Quest for Booty)

:wii:MadWorld
:wii:A bunch of crap

:ps2:Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
:ps2:Whatever else

A ton of EA Sports 09 games, various systems and sports.

Other stuff I can't remember. It's been a couple hours.

Anyway, I have no idea why these games were set aside like this or if it has anything to do with a drop, but if a list doesn't come out from an "official" source these might be good games to start scanning Friday morning.[/QUOTE]

My Sears puts anything 30 and under on an end cap if they have a lot of them. That's probably what you were seeing, the cap is changing.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']That R&C game was most likely Tools of Destruction, not Quest for Booty. Quest for Booty only got released in EU as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably. I don't have a PS3 and I'm not up on the series, so I only remembered that I saw Ratchet and Clank and googled to find out which one was "not the new one." :lol:

[quote name='mkiker2089']My Sears puts anything 30 and under on an end cap if they have a lot of them. That's probably what you were seeing, the cap is changing.[/QUOTE]
Could be. They had about 12-15 different games for each system, and roughly 1-4 copies of each game. I've never seen a really mixed up random end cap at this Sears, although another one I go to pretty much always has a rack like that.

Like I said, I have no idea what they're doing. Just thought it was an interesting sight two days before a suspected drop.

Word is that there is indeed a minor clearance event tomorrow. As always no details yet.

There was a :ps3:motocross game that for some reason generated a sticker early. I forgot the exact title but it's normally 59.99 and the sticker said 29.99. It doesn't ring up yet so check back tomorrow.

At my sears the lower priced games are either on a metal cart rack thing, in a DVD like display case, in the glass case with the regular priced games and in a bin. They could be anywhere. I have also seen small clear plastic storage bins near the electronics register area, this is a good area to search as it has netted me some stuff that other people probably overlooked.

If your looking for other clearance electronics items they could be anywhere in electronics, so look hard before giving up.

Also check the clearance section that is usually located between tools and electronics, if there is one in your store, I have heard of reports of games being stashed there too.

[quote name='mkiker2089']Word is that there is indeed a minor clearance event tomorrow. As always no details yet.

There was a :ps3:motocross game that for some reason generated a sticker early. I forgot the exact title but it's normally 59.99 and the sticker said 29.99. It doesn't ring up yet so check back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Why did you use a Walmart icon in your post? Did you forget which thread you were in?;)

Hope to find a couple decent drops this weekend...

Yeah what happened to our insider? I was hoping the Feb. clearance would be a good one since its been so long since weve had one.

Yeah hopefully. Almost 10am.

I'm surprised there isn't more hype about this clearance since its been so long since any store had one

[quote name='xDerekRx']No one with a list? Ferant where you be :)[/QUOTE]

They've been making it tougher to find out future prices ahead of time. I can try to get a definitive list today or tomorrow though.

Today it went through, some better than others

:wii:
Metroid 29.97 first drop but they are rare so I got it
Resident Evil 4 is still 19.99 I expect it to possibly drop further since it's been a while, I'm waiting
Dead Space 19.xx, not bad but not rare yet.

:ps3:
Ghostbusters 19.99 this one has dropped everywhere for some reason. It sold well so why is it suddenly droping?

[quote name='xDerekRx']I'm heading over to do some extensive scanning[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Please report your findings when you've finished. I'm very interested in hitting up a Sears after work

bread's done
Back