Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:whistle2:$ Don't say that too loud or a certain Kmart rep will come in and realize that his 'nothing will drop below $10' edict hasn't been followed to the letter.;)[/QUOTE]

So you quote it to make it less noticeable? Keep up the good work.

[quote name='shoe478']So you quote it to make it less noticeable? Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]
I am quite aware of the Sears pricing, I approved them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am quite aware of the Sears pricing, I approved them.[/QUOTE]

Two people in this thread got pwned!

SHC -Gamer, I'm assuming you get paid to monitor the threads on this site. You think Gamestop has someone watching and reading also?

[quote name='Toss']SHC -Gamer, I'm assuming you get paid to monitor the threads on this site. You think Gamestop has someone watching and reading also?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that. A store manager directly mentioned CAG when talking about how corporate won't let them give away penny guides.

[quote name='dabamus']I can confirm that. A store manager directly mentioned CAG when talking about how corporate won't let them give away penny guides.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure plenty of low level employees read CAG at all retail outlets, but it's just because they like the deals they find. But amazon is confirmed to be following josh around the internet... wouldn't be surprised if it was happening at a corporate level as well for many retail buyers/ad people.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am quite aware of the Sears pricing, I approved them.[/QUOTE]
Hallelujah. Now can we get Kmarts' clearance schedule back on track to the way it was too?:booty:;)

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']been a looonnnnngggg time since Ive been to Sears (since the new clearance is nothing compared to the old clearance. BUT I was pleasantly surprised.

[/QUOTE]

Mine were all marked wrong but it was slow 8:00pm on a Friday night so had the employee scan all the wii games

Dragon Quest Swords 3.97
and a bunch of others for 1/2 off list. I am starting a new collection, so I used my mobile android phone and took anything that was 3 stars or above and cheaper than price on Amazon.com

Thanks CAG users.

[quote name='dabamus']Just picked up a confrontation bundle and 5 more ms pro duos for 3/each. Left about 10 of the pro duos behind.[/QUOTE]

Is the bluetooth in the confrontation any good? Can u use it on a cell phone?

Thanks for the pro duo tip Dabamus.

At Sears it was located behind the cashier. They had like 20+ blue ones and 6 black pro duos. I ask for 1 and the cashier said it was on clearance for $2.97. He then said he will sale it for 70% off since there was a 70% sign. That sounded odd and I was only going to buy 1, but since he offered, why not.

I'm not sure if it was a great deal, but I only got the 6 pro duos.
I end up paying total $5.xx or something like that. I have a psp, but what other devices can the pro duo be used in???

[quote name='The Punisher']Is the bluetooth in the confrontation any good? Can u use it on a cell phone?

At Sears it was located behind the cashier. They had like 20+ blue ones and 6 black pro duos. I ask for 1 and the cashier said it was on clearance for $2.97. He then said he will sale it for 70% off since there was a 70% sign. That sounded odd and I was only going to buy 1, but since he offered, why not.

I end up paying total $5.xx or something like that. I have a psp, but what other devices can the pro duo be used in???[/QUOTE]

Some cameras I think. Some computers can read them, so I guess it could be a ghetto flash drive ;)

[quote name='The Punisher']Is the bluetooth in the confrontation any good? Can u use it on a cell phone?

I end up paying total $5.xx or something like that. I have a psp, but what other devices can the pro duo be used in???[/QUOTE]

$5 for 24 GB in pro duos is definitely a great deal.

Sony Vaio laptops and Sony camera's I believe. (they make cameras right?...)

Thanks for Google shopping was able to pick up:

Dark Void 3.97 xbox360
Mirror's Edge 6.97 xbox360
Tomb Raider Underworld 3.97 xbox360
Mercery meltdown .97 wii (found one without the barcode sticker)

how reliable is google shopping? went to two sears to find patapon 2 that showed in-stock didn't see it outside anywhere near the VG section.

[quote name='nas6034']how reliable is google shopping? went to two sears to find patapon 2 that showed in-stock didn't see it outside anywhere near the VG section.[/QUOTE]
Did you check in the PS3/PSP case? Sometimes stores that aren't up to date with their clearance stickering may end up having the clearance games in the case unmarked.

I picked up 10 of the sandisk 4gb pro duos for $2.97 each and patapon 2 for $.97. Pretty nice deal, considering all I had for my PSP was a 1gb pro duo..

Potential Wii System clearance on a couple of bundles started?

Just something I noticed with google shopping when I searched:

sears wii sports resort bundle

A white Wii bundled with Wii Sports Resort has a price of 129.97 at in stock stores and a black one with the same bundle is listed as 149.97. Out of stock stores list the original price at 159.99. I'm not up to date on all of the console prices, but the lower price and the .97s indicated to me that they are in the clearance pipline.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you check in the PS3/PSP case? Sometimes stores that aren't up to date with their clearance stickering may end up having the clearance games in the case unmarked.[/QUOTE]

yep checked everywhere. in the cases no sign of psps, in the clearance bin too. no signs of patapon 2..did find patapon though marked at 19.99, didnt get price check.

where could these "in-stock" patapon 2 be?

[quote name='NipPicker']Did you check the thief house . I go to the ghetto sears and they alway missing stuff even with the 2 useless. Security guard[/QUOTE]

What?

I went to sears in very nice/poshie areas.

[quote name='admiralvic']Sony Vaio laptops and Sony camera's I believe. (they make cameras right?...)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I dont know what else I can do with it besides using it for the PSP.

I dont think Canon cameras use pro duo???

Man I just wasted $20 of gas looking for Super Paper Mario ($24.97). The google shopping shows 2 stores within 50 miles have them in limited stock. Got there, scanned through the clearance dumpster bin (I actually freak'n organized all the games in order - the wii games here, the ps3 games here - lol) and I couldn't find it. I pretty much look everywhere, even asked the employee to open the window cage for me.

Bought:
4x Sandisk 4GB Card $2.97

Saw:
2x unsealed Fallout 3 Collector's Edition 360 $13.97
2x Warhawk Bundle $14.97

[quote name='nas6034']yep checked everywhere. in the cases no sign of psps, in the clearance bin too. no signs of patapon 2..did find patapon though marked at 19.99, didnt get price check.

where could these "in-stock" patapon 2 be?[/QUOTE]

A few days ago at my local Sears I found three Patapon 2 cases that were unsealed (no plastic wrapper-openable) in the clearance bin. I almost told an employee about it until I realized that these were the downloadable games (looks almost the same as the version with the disc in it). The front of the case basically said the downloadable code was inside. I don't know if they are supposed to be sealed, but this could cause confusion for employees.

[quote name='postaboy']Man I just wasted $20 of gas looking for Super Paper Mario ($24.97). The google shopping shows 2 stores within 50 miles have them in limited stock. Got there, scanned through the clearance dumpster bin (I actually freak'n organized all the games in order - the wii games here, the ps3 games here - lol) and I couldn't find it. I pretty much look everywhere, even asked the employee to open the window cage for me.

Bought:
4x Sandisk 4GB Card $2.97

Saw:
2x unsealed Fallout 3 Collector's Edition 360 $13.97
2x Warhawk Bundle $14.97[/QUOTE]

What sears was this from?

are these memory sticks the gaming ones or regular branded?
the Sears I occasionally check never seems to have any price tags on gaming items if they're behind class or on a rack; only the clearance bin has price tags.

also I saw Duke Nukem 360 along with the other 360 games, not sure if they broke street date

[quote name='Gamer SDP']are these memory sticks the gaming ones or regular branded?
the Sears I occasionally check never seems to have any price tags on gaming items if they're behind class or on a rack; only the clearance bin has price tags.

also I saw Duke Nukem 360 along with the other 360 games, not sure if they broke street date[/QUOTE]

Its the regular Sandisk 4GB. It comes in blue or black. I see no difference between the regular and the gaming besides the Red/yellow color.
At my Sears, they never update prices. They had a tag for $32.99 on the 4gb, but when scan, it came to $2.97. U should always get them to scan it for u. They are lazy, but its their job.

[quote name='nas6034']how reliable is google shopping? went to two sears to find patapon 2 that showed in-stock didn't see it outside anywhere near the VG section.[/QUOTE]
Mine wasn't in the game section either but I had a very helpful employee bring a whole another box of clearance games from the back. Make sure to ask an employee for the clearance games

Thanks to Google shopping and the employee who was very helpful by letting me check all the games I wanted.

I got
The Orange Box - $14.95
Mirrors Edge - $6.97
The Darkness - $3.97
Patapon 2 - 0.97

There was also Socom Confrontation w/ Sony BT headset for $14.97 and probably should have got it but I'm going to risk it till Pay check on Friday. I think it will still be there because its in the back unless an employee grabs it

[quote name='paulwekiva']A few days ago at my local Sears I found three Patapon 2 cases that were unsealed (no plastic wrapper-openable) in the clearance bin. I almost told an employee about it until I realized that these were the downloadable games (looks almost the same as the version with the disc in it). The front of the case basically said the downloadable code was inside. I don't know if they are supposed to be sealed, but this could cause confusion for employees.[/QUOTE]

The clearanced :psp: Patapon 2 should be shrink-wrapped.

1 of my local Sears did something crazy possiby stupid. They moved ~90% of the video games out of the glass cases onto the sales floor. Considering the fact that I don't ever see loss prevention patrolling the store and the lack of security cameras there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if more games are stolen than sold. Since I've been shopping there, I've seen empty game cases for :wii: Super Smash Brothers Brawl, :ds: Nintendogs and :360: The Orange Box.

My local had a sign stating 50% off listed price on all PS2 games. Sadly, not the greatest selection remaining...but I picked up Katamari Damacy for $1.99. Not a total loss. They also had the Metal Gear Collection for $12.97 pre-50% off..worth picking up? any value to it?

Also saw an entire endcap of clearance Wii-related games and systems, including all the older bundles on "clearance" for a shocking $149.97. Maybe worth a revisit later???

[quote name='kk012']The clearanced :psp: Patapon 2 should be shrink-wrapped.

1 of my local Sears did something crazy possiby stupid. They moved ~90% of the video games out of the glass cases onto the sales floor. Considering the fact that I don't ever see loss prevention patrolling the store and the lack of security cameras there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if more games are stolen than sold. Since I've been shopping there, I've seen empty game cases for :wii: Super Smash Brothers Brawl, :ds: Nintendogs and :360: The Orange Box.[/QUOTE]

One thing I can tell you about Sears is their Loss Prevention department is one of the most successful. There's no uniform for LP so you very likely DO see them patrolling but they're dressed like customers so you can't tell. They also have cameras not inside the black domes. We still did get a lot of videogames stolen when I was there but nothing near the amount of clothing jewelry and tools.

[quote name='ferant316']One thing I can tell you about Sears is their Loss Prevention department is one of the most successful. There's no uniform for LP so you very likely DO see them patrolling but they're dressed like customers so you can't tell. They also have cameras not inside the black domes. We still did get a lot of videogames stolen when I was there but nothing near the amount of clothing jewelry and tools.[/QUOTE]

the most Successful??? They suck. Over 80% LP just BS and didnt do much. Most retailers have LP that dont wear uniform. (Besides Target. They have both)

They do have cameras on some domes and some not.

The reason why games get stolen alot because:
A. A employee took it out
B. Employees are lazy and leave it sitting out
C. Games in the bin because they want to sell it fast, but sometimes get kids trying to take it.

Any retailer can tell u that Fashion Jewelry is #1 cause. Sometimes jewelry being missing the other piece which has to be damaged out. There is a huge profit in jewelry, but so small that can be missing.

I got friends that are LPM and DLPM.

Went to my local Sears hoping to find a confrontation bundle for the headset, but no luck (and yes I checked Google but I was hoping it was wrong... >.>). Ended up getting:

:psp:Jean D'arc - $7.97
:ds:Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $7.97
:ps3:Brutal Legend - $3.97

I had them scan :wii:Mercury Meltdown and it rang up at $4.97. This was one without the barcode sticker, too. :( Oh well.

[quote name='The Punisher']Do u think that the games will drop more this week?[/QUOTE]

Should we even dignify this with an answer?

How are Brutal Legend and Dark Void?

After a Google Shopping search, I noticed both of these games might be available for $3.97 each at my local Sears.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']How are Brutal Legend and Dark Void?

After a Google Shopping search, I noticed both of these games might be available for $3.97 each at my local Sears.[/QUOTE]

Brutal Legend is fun. I haven't played Dark Void but my Sears has a pile of those and the game got terrible reviews. I'm waiting till it's 97 cents. If it never makes it to that price point, then I don't care if I missed out.

Get Brutal Legend for $4.

After a Google Shopping search, I noticed both of these games might be available for $3.97 each at my local Sears.[/QUOTE]

Brutal legend is a serious tease! The demo shows you a hack and slash game, but its a tower defense game. There are hack and slash elements which it does better... though in the end the main goal is tower defense. Its an amusing game for 4 usd.

Dark Void was a nice try and could have been better in many ways. I thought it was amusing; though its up to you. Either game is 5 dollar fun.

I'd pass on both. I paid a little more than that for both of them (once upon a time), and regretted it highly. Total lack of fun in both titles. But if you feel like giving it a whirl, be my guest.

Anyone check the silver Dual Shock 3 as of yet for this month? I tried the Google shopping thing and no listings are coming up for it in stock in the area I'm headed to on Tuesday.

bread's done
Back