Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I kinda figured there had to be at least a few Syracuse(NY) area CAG's. I know one of the other CAG's from that area has his location listed or has mentioned hitting up the Great Northern Mall up in Cicero/Clay.

I was actually thinking about hitting up Auburn the last time I went up that way for work(CNY auto auction in Lafayette on a Tuesday night), but I've heard from a couple people that the Sears at the mall there no longer sells games and it's otherwise a dead area for deals. Of course, that could've just been their way of trying to keep me from invading that area while I'm up there.:razz:

I mainly go after PS3 related stuff or super cheap stuff like pennied guides and very cheap clearance titles usually.[/QUOTE]

I live in Auburn. The Sears does not sell games. It sucks, I have to drive all the way to Syracuse (a solid 40 min drive) to go to Clay

[quote name='dinovelvet']Were there new drops today? Nothing shows on google, but that usually takes a day or two to update[/QUOTE]

I noticed the Move Controller Charging Dock dropped to $5.97.

Also I got an email for $5 in SYWR good until 6/11.

Sears is horrible with their clearance... at least around here (SE PA/ Delaware). The only thing I've gotten from there is Overlord for PS3 which was tagged at 3.97, but the clerk insisted it rang up in the system at $7.97. I raised a rare stink and got it at the marked price. Rarely is there anything actually clearanced out in the open other than old Madden sports titles. There are plenty of games behind the glass but nothing is marked.

Both Sears and Kmart have their share of lazy employees, which makes the scan/price check process a headache. Sears clerks just seem bitter with an "I know more than you about all electronics because I've been selling cameras for 3 months" persona, while at Kmart it's more of an ignorant "It's this or Burger King, so who cares" attitude. I'll go with Kmart, at least the stupidity isn't masked. Not all stores, but at least around here follow that description..

My 2 cents...

^You just have to keep going to the same stores and have them build up a tolerance for you. In my experience, they are more willing to check stuff for you if you've proven to them that there is a point in doing it.

There was a guy at my Sears that was a little slow to help, but after I got him to price check those Socom bundles last year when they bottomed out, he thought it was hilariously underpriced. Now he seems to enjoy the adventure when i go in there and ask for something.

Mine had some games on clearance for $4.97, not the greatest but they had :xbox: Forza Motor sports 3 non PH, Lego Star Wars Episode 3 :ps3: some DS, Wii, PSP shovel ware crap.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']Both Sears and Kmart have their share of lazy employees, which makes the scan/price check process a headache. Sears clerks just seem bitter with an "I know more than you about all electronics because I've been selling cameras for 3 months" persona[/QUOTE]
That's one of the main reasons why I hate going there. Almost every time I go and ask them to scan games, they want to argue with me and insist that the sticker prices are set in stone. I wish they would just let me use one of those stupid price checkers.

[quote name='nbballard']^You just have to keep going to the same stores and have them build up a tolerance for you. In my experience, they are more willing to check stuff for you if you've proven to them that there is a point in doing it.

There was a guy at my Sears that was a little slow to help, but after I got him to price check those Socom bundles last year when they bottomed out, he thought it was hilariously underpriced. Now he seems to enjoy the adventure when i go in there and ask for something.[/QUOTE]
I've never met a Sears employee like that guy, though. So in my case, there's no way to prove there's a point, other than to start buying things.

To add to my previous post, I was at a different Western NY Sears today and asked if they had any additional percentage off of clearance, and the employee basically said that a memo went out, but it's up to the managers as to whether or not they want to do an extra percentage off and how big the percentage is. He said that it's mostly for stores that still have a large selection of clearance games left (since the stores in the area appear to be eliminating most of their gaming sections) and said their store hasn't decided to do it yet, but they might by the end of the month.

The inventory checker is bad, I was at a Sears today that was showing a White PSP go at $49.97 on google shopping, but there was no white PSP go in the store, I can confirm that because I checked the whole electronics department for it. I doubt the employees are hiding one in the back either.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Well I scanned some clearance games today but nothing had dropped. So, are we to assume that clearance has ground to a halt?[/QUOTE]

What little drops there were happened on 06/01. They went against their usual tradition of skipping the first Friday of the month if it was before the 5th. Next drops aren't until July.

But yes, clearance has ground to a halt after those surprise drops earlier in the year.

Went to Sears for the first time in months and just like I suspected, they had the exact same games as usual (Where The Wild Things Are, Rap Star, Minute To Win It). But they did have a copy of Golden Sun and four copies of Warriors of Rock, so I picked those up. I now have all of the console GH games, which I suppose isn't too exciting.

[quote name='SaraAB']The inventory checker is bad, I was at a Sears today that was showing a White PSP go at $49.97 on google shopping, but there was no white PSP go in the store, I can confirm that because I checked the whole electronics department for it. I doubt the employees are hiding one in the back either.[/QUOTE]
You'd be surprised actually. A few years ago a fellow CAG came round my area and we hit up my local Kmart stores. They brought out an entire cart loaded with older PS2/GBA/Xbox games that I would have never known were in stock at this store without having seen that cart.

So it never hurts to ask, but I'd definitely ask an older worker in electronics if they could check for you in the back. I've found a bunch of clearance deals that way myself.
[quote name='sadakou']But yes, clearance has ground to a halt after those surprise drops earlier in the year.[/QUOTE]
Crap. Hopefully it's only a temporary hiccup.

[quote name='SaraAB']The inventory checker is bad, I was at a Sears today that was showing a White PSP go at $49.97 on google shopping, but there was no white PSP go in the store, I can confirm that because I checked the whole electronics department for it. I doubt the employees are hiding one in the back either.[/QUOTE]

You could always have them check the UPC in the system, but due to extremely poor loss prevention, it really doesnt mean anything if it is in the system. Store in Brandon, FL has over 30 games that "disappeared" which include two Guitar Hero World Tour Bandkits, 2 GH WoR Guitar Kits, 1 Ratchet & Clank PSP system, and 1 PSP go.

They also have around 15-20 games sitting on the shelf with no seal on them. I would imagine the discs are gone, but I never open those due to that one guy who got detained for hours by Sears security for opening an empty case (i'm usually wearing a beanie, so I would imagine me with an empty case may warrant suspicion).

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Are they ever going to clearance consoles? A few Sears that I frequent still have PS3s and 360s.[/QUOTE]
Unless we get an official word that Sears are truly permanently eliminating their gaming section, I would say that that's not gonna happen.

Either that or they may send the consoles to closing stores since people buy up shit like crazy at those OR maybe they have a way to return them to the vendors.
[quote name='Bezerker']You could always have them check the UPC in the system, but due to extremely poor loss prevention, it really doesnt mean anything if it is in the system. Store in Brandon, FL has over 30 games that "disappeared" which include two Guitar Hero World Tour Bandkits, 2 GH WoR Guitar Kits, 1 Ratchet & Clank PSP system, and 1 PSP go.

They also have around 15-20 games sitting on the shelf with no seal on them. I would imagine the discs are gone, but I never open those due to that one guy who got detained for hours by Sears security for opening an empty case (i'm usually wearing a beanie, so I would imagine me with an empty case may warrant suspicion).[/QUOTE]
How in the hell do things such as large band kits just 'disappear'? Then again, if they're anything like the people at my closest Sears, they're probably too busy trying to sell tv's to the few customers who meander into their section and don't notice a giant fuckin' box being carried/dragged out the door.

But the PSP systems were ALWAYS locked up here, save for I guess when people would ask to see them. But usually the employees hover over you like you're gonna just grab them and run here, so again I have no clue how so many things just 'disappeared' at a store like that.

The furthest store from me was horrible though. They would always have 3-5 shelves loaded up with $19.99 and under games and 1/3 of them were either missing shrinkwrap or the games themselves. But then again, those guys there were always too busy watching ESPN during work hours to give a shit about helping customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been to a Sears in weeks. But, as far as consoles, I saw an Xbox or a PS3 in the cycle(forget which one). It was marked down $10, but it's a start.

OT: Why does 'a Xbox' and 'an PS3' sound weird?

Ill openly admit when I worked at the Sears on Niagara Falls Blvd in Amherst I would hide stuff like that in the back room, letting it drop each month. Shady? sure, but also a perk of working at these places. You just scan it in the back room. It never needs to come back out on the floor. So with that said, I wouldnt be surprised if many an item goes missing in the back room via the hands of an employee.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Ill openly admit when I worked at the Sears on Niagara Falls Blvd in Amherst I would hide stuff like that in the back room, letting it drop each month. Shady? sure, but also a perk of working at these places. You just scan it in the back room. It never needs to come back out on the floor. So with that said, I wouldnt be surprised if many an item goes missing in the back room via the hands of an employee.[/QUOTE]
Yep. That's exactly what happens at the Arnot Mall store according to at least 2-3 other electronics employees, while the stores around here are cleaned out by the one local game store owner and his one buddy anymore apparently.:roll:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
OT: Why does 'a Xbox' and 'an PS3' sound weird?[/QUOTE]

Because Xbox starts with a vowel sound (ecks) and PS3 starts with a consonant sound (pee).

"An" before vowel sound. ex: An apple, an 18-year-old turtle.
"A" before consonant sound. ex: A pear, a 47-year-old turtle.

[quote name='sadakou']Because Xbox starts with a vowel sound (ecks) and PS3 starts with a consonant sound (pee).

"An" before vowel sound. ex: An apple, an 18-year-old turtle.
"A" before consonant sound. ex: A pear, a 47-year-old turtle.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Yes. That makes sense! Thanks! Now, I shall work on...'and sometimes "y" '. There has to be a 'y' word for both 'a' & 'an'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And see, I would say it's the opposite for me, where I'd say an Xbox and a PS3.;)[/QUOTE]

See post #7574.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Ill openly admit when I worked at the Sears on Niagara Falls Blvd in Amherst I would hide stuff like that in the back room, letting it drop each month. Shady? sure, but also a perk of working at these places. You just scan it in the back room. It never needs to come back out on the floor. So with that said, I wouldnt be surprised if many an item goes missing in the back room via the hands of an employee.[/QUOTE]

I really can't blame employees for doing this, you guys work a crap job for minimum wage, which is so little these days compared to the high costs of everything its not even funny. Its one of the very few perks of the job. In fact if I saw employees doing this I would probably just laugh and encourage them, there is nothing I need that badly so much so that I would be angry about this. Sears/Kmart is probably one of the few stores employees can get away with doing this because most other stores have tight inventory control and you would get fired for doing just that. Especially since that guy got fired at Target in Buffalo for buying a Zhu Zhu pet before they went on sale to the public that day. I would rather see the employees get the stuff then some hoarder who won't even use the stuff. Most stores also require you to sign a contract that you won't sell the stuff you buy at the store on ebay or whatever.

Some people have reported the PSP Go as out of the system already, so I assume if someone was hiding it they would have wanted to grab it at the $49.97 price tag before it goes OOS unless there is a way for employees to ring up an OOS item for themselves. Its more likely that one of the PSP bundles sitting at that store is coming up as a PSP Go on google shopping.

As far as the huge rock band bundles and stuff I am guessing its possible to send the stuff to another store if its not moving or there might be a way to write it off as salvage if they don't want it in their store anymore and that might be more profitable than marking it down to super low levels.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']Both Sears and Kmart have their share of lazy employees, which makes the scan/price check process a headache. Sears clerks just seem bitter with an "I know more than you about all electronics because I've been selling cameras for 3 months" persona[/QUOTE]

I can't say for all employees but our electronics crew is very helpful with price checking. I'm sorry that you had such a bad time.

Anyways no new PCNs this month. Sorry been off the radar. School has the best of me. I'll check in later.

When i worked at the Escondido sears we actually kept all our handheld gaming devices in a locked cabinet that's attached to the camera displays. Always watch for locked areas in the department that you cant see into. Never know what goodies are inside unless you ask =-)

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up modnation racers for ps3 for 14.97, and Fling Smash for 9.97, a big sign on the clearance bin said 20% off all video games, but nothing rang up and I didn't push it.

Went into our local Sears (Jonesboro, AR location, in case you were wondering) to pick up some pots and pans on clearance yesterday. While there, they announced a sale on clearance video games: $4.97 apiece, no matter what their original clearance price was. We ended up getting 2 copies of Battlefield 3 :)360:), Rage :)360:), Red Faction: Armageddon :)360:), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock :)360:), Vanquish :)360:), Crysis 2 :)360:), Mortal Kombat :)360:), Infamous 2 :)ps3:), Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition :)ps3:), Dragon Quest IX :)ds:), and Pokemon Platinum :)ds:), all for about $60 before tax.

We went back today, and while a lot of the better selection was gone by now, we picked up Halo: Reach :)360:), Dance Central :)360:), Star Fox 64 3D :)3ds:), and Jeopardy! :)ds:), all for around $20. Jeopardy may not be the most exciting game, but dammit, I don't think we're ever going to get a version of XBOX 360, so I bit. Dance Central also came with a code for 240 MS points, so it pretty much paid for itself already.

Damn. Nice haul. I wish they would announce one of those kind of sales while I'm in Sears groaning over the lack of clearance at my closest store here, since I think every game is actually on clearance nationwide now. So I could get some really recent stuff for cheap.

[quote name='Dr Scientifico']Went into our local Sears (Jonesboro, AR location, in case you were wondering) to pick up some pots and pans on clearance yesterday. While there, they announced a sale on clearance video games: $4.97 apiece, no matter what their original clearance price was. We ended up getting 2 copies of Battlefield 3 :)360:), Rage :)360:), Red Faction: Armageddon :)360:), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock :)360:), Vanquish :)360:), Crysis 2 :)360:), Mortal Kombat :)360:), Infamous 2 :)ps3:), Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition :)ps3:), Dragon Quest IX :)ds:), and Pokemon Platinum :)ds:), all for about $60 before tax.

We went back today, and while a lot of the better selection was gone by now, we picked up Halo: Reach :)360:), Dance Central :)360:), Star Fox 64 3D :)3ds:), and Jeopardy! :)ds:), all for around $20. Jeopardy may not be the most exciting game, but dammit, I don't think we're ever going to get a version of XBOX 360, so I bit. Dance Central also came with a code for 240 MS points, so it pretty much paid for itself already.[/QUOTE]

Fellow cheap-asses can only dream we're in a store when we hear a similar announcement haha. Nice haul! :applause:

[quote name='Dr Scientifico']Went into our local Sears (Jonesboro, AR location, in case you were wondering) to pick up some pots and pans on clearance yesterday. While there, they announced a sale on clearance video games: $4.97 apiece, no matter what their original clearance price was. We ended up getting 2 copies of Battlefield 3 :)360:), Rage :)360:), Red Faction: Armageddon :)360:), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock :)360:), Vanquish :)360:), Crysis 2 :)360:), Mortal Kombat :)360:), Infamous 2 :)ps3:), Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition :)ps3:), Dragon Quest IX :)ds:), and Pokemon Platinum :)ds:), all for about $60 before tax.

We went back today, and while a lot of the better selection was gone by now, we picked up Halo: Reach :)360:), Dance Central :)360:), Star Fox 64 3D :)3ds:), and Jeopardy! :)ds:), all for around $20. Jeopardy may not be the most exciting game, but dammit, I don't think we're ever going to get a version of XBOX 360, so I bit. Dance Central also came with a code for 240 MS points, so it pretty much paid for itself already.[/QUOTE]
WOW

That's awesome.

A few handwritten discounts at Moorestown, NJ:

:360: Lego Star Wars $3.97
:360: Dragon Age: Origins $8.97
:360: Band Hero $3.97

:ps3: Component cable $4.97
:ps3: Tony Hawk Shred (game only, lulz) $3.97
:ps3: Guitar Hero Van Halen $3.97
:ps3: Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock $3.97
:ps3: Band Hero $3.97

:wii: Wii Sports Resort $14.97 (one copy)

:ps2: Band Hero $2.97
:ps2: Rock Band Track Pack Vol ? $0.97
:ps2: Guitar Hero Van Halen $3.97

:ds: My Weight Loss Coach $6.47
:ds: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn $4.97

Bloggie Touch $26.97 (one copy)

:applause: but at the same time :cry:

Totally amazing. My store has a ton of games locked away in the cases I would love to grab at $5 each. But with my luck, an employee will snatch 'em up long before I even hear about such a deal....

[quote name='mer71']I snagged Guitar Hero:WOR for Xbox 360 for $3.97.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Mines came with the CD.

To the other Poster, man $5 for any games :drool::drool:
Why cant other sears follow?

I can only dream of being in my local Sears when this announcement happens...

[quote name='mer71']I snagged Guitar Hero:WOR for Xbox 360 for $3.97.[/QUOTE]

The Soundgarden cd is a new bonus inside. Now between buying RB3 bundle and this, it is time to dust off the drums and guitars..

I've got some buddies up in Jonesboro (I'm in Little Rock). Did they have anymore copies of Battlefield? I can get someone up there to grab one for me if they do.

Wii Sports Resort with motion plus for $2.97. (I bought 15 of them...)

Golden Sun DS for 2.97

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for 2.97

Darksiders for 2.97

This was at the Santa Monica store.

Didn't they (Sears) have a pretty ridiculous Clearance Sale about this time last year (around July 4th)? I know they are ceasing the sale of all things video games (don't know about consoles) but the timing of some of the prices I have seen on here the past couple days is reminiscent of that sale last year.

[quote name='davydoo']Wii Sports Resort with motion plus for $2.97. (I bought 15 of them...)[/QUOTE]
Goddamn, I would've too. When they had yard games and digital picture frames for 97 cents each, we bought all of them and gave them out for Christmas.

Well, I got the okay to do 50% off the items on my VOM table. This includes stuff like psp go's, dj hero bundles, etc. it be a lot better if I could just make my store do 50% off all clx games. (And my store has been behind on the clx cycles. My go's are still 99.97)

Found 3 Wii points cards in clam shells. Priced at a little over $10. Price still said $19.99 but I saw that someone on here got them so I took the risk. Lol

I went to the niagra falls blvd Sears and as usual found nothing. I rarely go there as there are two indy game stores literally around the corner. I imagine they clean out the good stuff regularly.

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']I've got some buddies up in Jonesboro (I'm in Little Rock). Did they have anymore copies of Battlefield? I can get someone up there to grab one for me if they do.[/QUOTE]
Sorry for not responding quicker, but it wouldn't matter: when I went back the next day to pick up those last couple of days, all the worthwhile games like BF 3 were already gone. Multiple copies of Halo: Reach were about the cream of the crop then.

bread's done
Back