Official Skylanders Thread

Ordered those $5 Light/Dark trap masters online from Best Buy. UPS Package size indicated it would probably be the Light/Dark traps as others have suspected. Arrived today, and woohoo it's the Trap Masters!!
glad to hear that! Mine should be here today or tomorrow.

Is it stupid to buy two trap masters of the same element? I already own Head Rush, but Wallop looks awesome, same with Krypt King and Short Cut.

Ordered those $5 Light/Dark trap masters online from Best Buy. UPS Package size indicated it would probably be the Light/Dark traps as others have suspected. Arrived today, and woohoo it's the Trap Masters!!
Good for you. Mine came in yesterday and it's totally the traps :(

My store pick-up was for the trap masters.
I called BBY yesterday to confirm my order and the lady said it was the traps they put aside. Now I am debating if I should go in and see if they can get me the trap masters which is what I paid for. Not sure what to do since this BBY is not one by my house and a little bit out of the way.

I called BBY yesterday to confirm my order and the lady said it was the traps they put aside. Now I am debating if I should go in and see if they can get me the trap masters which is what I paid for. Not sure what to do since this BBY is not one by my house and a little bit out of the way.
I would, making sure to bring in a printout of your receipt or the packing slip clearly showing it's the Masters. Otherwise, you might find the webpage has mysteriously vanished. If worst comes to worst, the Light and Dark traps are probably going to be difficult to find for quite some time.

just ordered a light expansion pack from ToysRUs and a dark expansion from Amazon...  didn't think I would ever find these.

I just found the light and dark expansions at the San Francisco Target, crushing the dreams of small children everywhere. If I take these back to my local Target on Sunday when the 25% off sale starts, will I get some money back? Or, should I just open them and play with them now?

I just found the light and dark expansions at the San Francisco Target, crushing the dreams of small children everywhere. If I take these back to my local Target on Sunday when the 25% off sale starts, will I get some money back? Or, should I just open them and play with them now?

Keep them unopened for now. Doesn't give them a reason to deny you.You should be able to get a Price adjustment or be able to return rebuy. Just explain you just bought them and hadn't opened them yet and saw they were on sale. I usually say its a gift too haha. Just part of my reason.

best buy just changed the picture in my order history from the figures to the traps. they left the description the same though.

also found out an interesting tidbit from best buy chat, apparently they found out the SKUs didnt match and fixed some orders. I am suppose to get the Knight Light Trap Master but the Knight Mare SKU was for the dark trap. I guess earlier orders got 2 traps and later orders were fixed to get both Trap Masters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing here, was anticipated the traps, but when I saw the size of the box they arrived in I was pretty sure they were the trap masters. Sure enough it was and they only cost a little over $10 for both. Even my wife was impressed, lol.

Got my bb packages today. Both are the traps. I'll see if they'll let me exchange for the masters but I'm not going to raise a big stink about it if they don't.

I got an email today from Best Buy that there was an error on their website and they want to make sure I received the item(s) I intended to receive. This may be good news for anyone that ordered the Trap Masters and got the Traps.

Just received this email from BB. My package won't arrive until Saturday so I probably was sent the traps.

We’re sorry, but we incorrectly stated on BestBuy.com that the item you ordered below was a Skylander Trap Masters. In actuality, it’s the Skylanders Trap Crystals.

Please contact us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to make sure you get the product you intended to receive.

If we don't hear from you by Monday, April 27, 2015, we'll assume that you're happy with your purchase.

Got my bb packages today. Both are the traps. I'll see if they'll let me exchange for the masters but I'm not going to raise a big stink about it if they don't.
So lady at the counter wasn't going to budge with a swap out, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so just returned them. Anyways got home and saw the emails as posted above and gave them a call. They put in a order for both trap masters for in store pick-up and charged me $0.00, even knowing that I had already returned the traps. If you got the email call, their fully aware of the situation and are handling it perfect!

Edit- so I picked up my order a little while ago. Got the same lady that denied me. Man it felt good when she looked at the order said "they gave them to you for free?" I politely smiled and said you betcha

Anyone seen any of the new trapmasters on bestbuy.com?

tuff luck

blastermind

shortcut

thunderbolt

I know that the site is weird with the way it shows the listings but if i search skylanders trap team i don't get as many results as if i search skylanders traps. I know it's listing the traps but even then its listing more figures the when searching skylanders trap team. Just thought that maybe searching something else would have the newer figures show up. I checked the site this morning and they did show a link for the easter figures but it was a dead link that took you to an error page and now the preview link for the easter figures is gone.

I noticed that

I know that the site is weird with the way it shows the listings but if i search skylanders trap team i don't get as many results as if i search skylanders traps. I know it's listing the traps but even then its listing more figures the when searching skylanders trap team. Just thought that maybe searching something else would have the newer figures show up. I checked the site this morning and they did show a link for the easter figures but it was a dead link that took you to an error page and now the preview link for the easter figures is gone.
I noticed that too. You don't get to see everything by just typing in "skylanders". Adding additional words sometimes gives you entirely different results. We should track what search words give you what results. Skylander Traps seems to be the best so far. It gives you access to more figures than "skylanders". but "skylanders characters" gives even better results.

I noticed that

I noticed that too. You don't get to see everything by just typing in "skylanders". Adding additional words sometimes gives you entirely different results. We should track what search words give you what results. Skylander Traps seems to be the best so far. It gives you access to more figures than "skylanders". but "skylanders characters" gives even better results.
I put in "skylander" and it seems to pull everything. Currently it's at 125 items.

Toys R Us has buy 1 get 1 40% sale live - as with amiibos, their prices are like $1 - $2 higher then every other store, but still god deals.

Trap Team Light Expansion ($31.99 / 40%= $19.19)  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=55820896&cp=&parentPage=search

Trap Team Dark Expansion (31.99 / $19.19)  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=55820876&cp=2255974.50206826.41301826.37771836&parentPage=family

Kaos Trap ($6.99 / $4.19) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=50112386

and lots of others, but a few are already gone - no Spotlight or Blackout, no Rocky Roll...

Free Shipping on orders over $49 but it looks like it would take 7-10 days to get to you.

I noticed that

Doesn't do that with me. Itype in Skylanders, it gives me an assortment of categories to choose from, including starter packs and characters, but none have more than 20 or so listed. Perhaps the results don't just vary by search words, but by computer, or maybe account, like people who spent more money there get first access to high demand ones.

Anyone seen any of the new trapmasters on bestbuy.com?

tuff luck

blastermind

shortcut

thunderbolt

Tuff Luck has been around and is semi-common, as in not every store has her like they do Head Rush, Bushwhack, and Lob Star, but she isn't impossible to find. Blastermind came out a while ago, but as the only Magic element available, he's been sold out everywhere. Now, it looks like they either did a re-print of him, or supply finally caught up with demand.

I know everyone is scurrying to get the new trap team figures, but for those that MIGHT still be looking for Giants figures, I work for TJ Maxx and they have some (or my store did anyway) for $4.99 each. Picked up Double Trouble and Slam Bam. I know they might be cheaper elsewhere but after paying shipping prices were comparable and I had them in hand. As far as Trap Team, picked up Blastermind at my local GS and picking up Knight Mare later today.

Picked up Bat Spin and High Five yesterday at Target, Bat Spin has been the number one want of Trap Team for my wife, didn't want to risk it not being there Sunday so I'll just go back to get a price adjustment. Both figures look awesome.

I'm adding a quick reply to my prior post. I went to Gamestop today to pick up the Knightmare Master I had on hold and found they had both the light and dark expansions in stock even though gamestop.com said they didn't. The clerk said they had gotten a shipment of 20 of each in so if anyone is also looking for these I'd say call the store. I opted to get the expansion instead and when checking out they had a promotion of older figures for free. I don't think these are pre-owned but rather Gamestop repackaged as the figures came with the stickers, cards and codesbut not the original packaging. The retail label said promotion and she got them from behind the counter so I don't know if you can choose or not, but for the price of the expansion I also got Punch Pop Fizz, Cynder, Tree Rex, and Jet Vac for the Giants set. Will probably see if I can trade a couple I already have but maybe this interests somebody.

I'm adding a quick reply to my prior post. I went to Gamestop today to pick up the Knightmare Master I had on hold and found they had both the light and dark expansions in stock even though gamestop.com said they didn't. The clerk said they had gotten a shipment of 20 of each in so if anyone is also looking for these I'd say call the store. I opted to get the expansion instead and when checking out they had a promotion of older figures for free. I don't think these are pre-owned but rather Gamestop repackaged as the figures came with the stickers, cards and codesbut not the original packaging. The retail label said promotion and she got them from behind the counter so I don't know if you can choose or not, but for the price of the expansion I also got Punch Pop Fizz, Cynder, Tree Rex, and Jet Vac for the Giants set. Will probably see if I can trade a couple I already have but maybe this interests somebody.
It's on their Spring Savings Day flyer about the free figures. You have to buy $19.99 or more of Skylanders items to get them.

BB and Target sales start tomorrow. I wonder if BB site will allow more than one B1G1 50% per order this time. I don't think it did last time, but it also included non Trap Masters, making the prices varied. This time it's TM only, and all the same price.

Just got back from gamestop and the "free 3-pack" of figures is from the Giants starter packs. It comes with all of the cards, stickers and even the Giants poster. I'm guessing they broke down the old starter sets and were left with a massive amount figures so now they are just using it as promo fodder.

I ended up going to a BB that was in the next town over and found some of the new wave stuff.

Got:

Spotlight

Echo

Rocky Roll

Bat Spin

High Five

Thunderbolt

Short Cut

All 3 of the Easter Varients

I also picked up the Dark Adventure Pack.

I picked up both the Dark and Light Adventure packs at MSRP at Target a week or so ago so I'm hoping I am able to return and re-buy for the 25% off. I picked up the one at Best Buy with 20% off just to be safe and will return if I have to.

I was really hoping to find Blackout.... the figure looks badass.

The paint they used on blackout and knight mare makes them look so great!

Also found a dark expansion at target that I'm hoping to go back and get the 25% off on tomorrow when I take it back with a couple other figures I got. Got a couple things I'm going to have to get adjusted tomorrow.

Kind of sucks. I saw all the new wave figures at a store yesterday, my friend saw them all at one today...and yet I can't store pick up for either of them and the figures say pickup only. Fail

I got traps for $1. Anyone know why?
For some reason there is 1 trap listed as part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off. Add that trap with any figure and the trap is half off but if you try adding that trap with another trap both are regular price.

How are you getting them to show up for $1?

The Target website seems to show that only single figures, trap masters, traps, and single minis are part of the 25% off sale. None of the adventure packs, expansion packs, double packs, and triple packs are showing up as on sale. Although, there have been times when I have gone into Target stores and they have rang up 25% off anyway. YMMV. I'm starting to think it's not worth it to go into Target and fight with customer service to get the 25% off my Dark and Light expansion packs, and just be happy that I found them at all, instead of having to pay a crazy amount to scalpers online.

Good News - The sale is up and running.

It's not only Trap Masters, but also includes core and mini.

Bad News - BB website, as I feared, only allows you to receive the discount once per order. Adding more than two will not create discounts for the additional ones.

The GCU works for the regular priced item, but the 50% off item is half off the regular price. I guess the GCU doesn't apply to the quantity discounted item anymore (it did last time, right?). Not a huge deal, as it amounts to only $0.75 per figure, but still . . . 

Despite what the fine print says, the higher priced item will not receive the discount, the lower will.

Still managed to get four of the new Trap Masters online: Short Cut, Thunderbolt, Knight Mare and Knight Light.

Now I'm going to see what the B&Ms hold.

Everytime Best Buy has this sale they screw it up somehow. This time the Easter editions are not part of the sale online.

Went to BB, and unlike the website, they applied the GCU to both figures. I went to 2 BBs and they only had the 2 new trapmasters and 2 easter figures, so I didn't get everyone I wanted.

Went to Target, and can confirm that the Dark/Light expansions did not ring up for 25% off. Definately disappointed! I did see a sale sign under the 3 packs though. 

Noticed that instore GCU applied to both figures. I picked up 3 trapmaster figures and 3 core figures.

I wasn't even thinking when she rung them up and all rung up in one transaction.

GCU still applied to all figures but how they determined which figures were 50% off i have no idea.

From looking at the receipt 2 trapmasters got GCU only and one trapmaster got GCU and the 50% off and 1 core figure got just GCU and 2 of the core figures got GCU and 50% off.

They were rung up in the following order as well.

Trapmaster(GCU)

Trapmaster(GCU)

Amiibo

Core(GCU)

Trapmaster(GCU + 50%)

Crystal Trap

Core(GCU + 50%)

Core(GCU + 50%)

Looking from that it appears that first 3 rung up got GCU and the last 3 got GCU and the 50% off applied.You would think that the 3 core figures would have been the ones to get the 50% off but it doesn't appear that's the case.

I wonder how it would go if 3 core figures were rung up first and then 3 trapmasters were rung up.

bread's done
Back