Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

Yeah I think this is pretty stupid argument to have right up there with Bert and Ernie being gay.

[quote name='DestroVega']Since when is movie sex actually penetration? I refuse to believe that's serious.

That's like Jake Gyllenhal saying, "Well I was fucking Anne Hathaway during 'Love and Other Drugs" and the directer never yelled cut and I blew my load all over her back by accident."

Ridiculous article, ridiculous posts.[/QUOTE]arrgg..
just last month i was reading an article about the awkwardness of sex scenes and there was a anon section where 4 actresses of "fairly well known reputations" talked about it. Two of them (or was it just one) said that they had been in situations where the dude spunked on them in the heat of the moment. Wish I could find it.

Edit: Found it
Have you or the person with whom you’ve been doing a scene ever become, uh, aroused?

Betty: Not to mention any names, but one actor came on me during the take. I had to surreptitiously wipe myself off with the sheet. Fortunately, I liked the guy. I found it a little flattering and a little creepy. We never talked about it, so I can't tell you if it was Method acting on his part or if he just found me pretty, but I suspect I'm not the only actress who's had this experience. But I can tell you that twenty years later, when I run into him, my first thought is, There's the guy that had on-camera sex with my abdomen.

Source
Feel free to join the commenters who if you believe them can reason out who these women are and therefor who this actor might be.

[quote name='DestroVega']The penis is Brown Bunny was a prosthetic.

EDIT: I remember the debate when the movie came out and reading it was, reading up on it now it seems it might have been real. In any case, it's not the norm. I don't think for a second Ewan McGregor was inside Bale's butthole.[/QUOTE]
Ok from what I gathered, the prosthetic was just a rumor started by a French Filmaker (wiki).

But according to several sites including the actress Chloe Sevigny herself, the BJ scene was real, it was enough to say she could use therapy at some point, and says will never do a scene like that again.

http://gawker.com/5714622/chloe-sevigny-needs-therapy-for-brown-bunny-blow-job

"What's happened with that is all very complicated. There are a lot of emotions. I'll probably have to go to therapy at some point. But I love Vincent. The film is tragic and beautiful, and I'm proud of it and my performance. I'm sad that people think one way of the movie, but what can you do? I've done many explicit sex scenes, but I'm not that interested in doing any more. I'm more self-aware now and wouldn't be able to be as free, so why even do it?"
Back to the Dark Knight.

From Ewan McGregor's interview it seems that Christian Bale has been traumatized by this as well. He ends his interview with:

"Christian's never written to me. He never phones anymore."
I feel violated. :whistle2:#

I wouldn't expect any scenes where he's bigger than what we've seen so far.

Nolan goes for the more realistic approach, so they aren't going to have him as the hulk like character of the comics. They'll focus on the tactical genius element more than the brute strength angle as bigdaddybruce posted.

I must say that the early trailer release was a surprise. I was hoping for the premiere infront of The Avengers.
My gut feeling is that Alfred is going to die

[quote name='dmaul1114']I wouldn't expect any scenes where he's bigger than what we've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely not. That would not fit in with Nolan's vision. He's gone pretty far to ground the series as much in reality as a superhero tale can be grounded. I can't see them putting in CGI'ed scenes of Bane doubling in size. You can tell from the trailer that they are clearly going for the cerebral assassin angle, with Bane causing massive havoc around Gotham and mentally breaking down Bruce Wayne...

...of course, as I said earlier, the whole reason Bane causes havoc in Gotham in the comics is because he knows Batman would probably take him in a fair fight. If he's able to kidnap him and hold him hostage, though, one wonders why Bane is bothering with the other stuff. Why not just kill him or break him and be done with it? Maybe something to do with the League of Assassins/Shadows and their plans to destroy Gotham? That would explain the need to bring back Ra's al Ghul...

Of course, with "reality" being Nolan's focus, one has to wonder how they are going to bring back Ra's in the third film, unless both the young and the old Ra's characters are both flashbacks.

I am very interested to see if JGL's character is really more than meet's the eye or if his numerous shots in the trailer are merely a red herring.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I have very mixed feeling on this so far, and I just hope my impressions and assumptions are wrong. I have a very, very, very bad feeling Nolan is gonna try to "shock" us and do what everyone is predicting: actually have Bane break Batman. If this is gonna be the last of the movies, as they have been saying for some time, that would be a horrible idea, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just a big, sappy moron, but I want this awesome trilogy to end on a happy note. To me, the best way to send this series off is the way the 1989 Batman ended: the city fully embracing Batman as it's protector. If they could get Elfman's score to that scene, I might just cry in the theater like a big homo.[/QUOTE]

Nolan starts with the comic Batman but has his own vision as to how to a more 'realistic' modern day superhero would be. He could go the route of the Knightfall storyline as he's already committed to ending his trilogy with a real conclusion. This is where I'd expect it to depart from the comic book the most - Batman's fate.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think people forget that there are two facets to Bane's character. Yes, one is the hulking mass he becomes when enhanced by Venom. But what makes him a match for Batman is the fact that he is a tactical genius. In the comics, he realizes a direct fight with Batman would be a failure, so he breaks everyone out of Arkham and wears down Batman for months before finally confronting him. Later, he becomes the leader of the Secret Six, and Ra's al Gaul himself said he was one of the greatest minds he had ever met. Nolan, with his more realistic take on Batman, is obviously going to play up the tactical genius element, and considering that he hasn't let me down yet, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even though Bane looks silly...[/QUOTE]

Good observation about comic Bane. I like Tom Hardy so I'm sure it'll be fine. They really need to clean up the voice overs though.

Well this is Awkard.

If you think about it, Batman is supposed to be heterosexual in the media, but psychologically going by his history, he could be a closet bisexual by definition.

Either way it's awkward. I'm not even going to try to go into these alleged gay themes of his movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people see what they want to see in Batman, perhaps a reflection of what they're denying their inner selves.

Also, this is another great reason to not read the already extremely unappealing Grant Morrison Batman run.

Well this is Awkard.

If you think about it, Batman is supposed to be heterosexual in the media, but psychologically going by his history, he could be a closet bisexual by definition.

Either way it's awkward. I'm not even going to try to go into these alleged gay themes of his movies.

Hello guys I put up this thread to get some support to change Bane's voice back to how it was originally. I don't know if you have seen the the new dark knight rises trailer but long story short he sounds ridiculous. I feel that we should see the movie as Christopher Nolan intended us to see it. So please Google "petition/warner-bros-change-banes-voice-back-in-the-dark", to change bane's voice back. Help spread the word to the people that aren't happy about the new voice change.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Of course, with "reality" being Nolan's focus, one has to wonder how they are going to bring back Ra's in the third film, unless both the young and the old Ra's characters are both flashbacks.
[/QUOTE]

That's my guess--those will just be flashbacks and
the league is being run by Talia al Ghul--who I'm guessing is Marion Cotilliard's character.

Just got the email notice that the Dark Knight Rises tickets are on sale through movietickets and Fandango sites. Theres a link on slickdeals frontpage for a B1G1 deal (up to $15 free) on tickets through Fandango. I would reserve your tix now if you're going the IMAX route. Pre-release midnight showings for the IMAX venues in New York sold out quick months ago and they were going for $100 each on ebay. Sorry can't link the promo page since I'm on my smartphone.

So hours after I bought the DKR tickets, the theater posted the availability of the IMAX version. Guess what? They reserved the IMAX midnight showing for the trilogy showing. This means if you want to see the IMAX version, then you have to see it with the trilogy and pay like 40 bucks...fuck that. I know it's the last batman, but damn. Was Begins filmed in IMAX(some scenes?), I know DK had some good IMAX scenes.

Either way I won't be able to see the trilogy as I HAVE to work that night and I can't cancel my class (won't get paid).

I'll go out on a limb here and say that this looks to be an epic and thrilling adventure to end the hit series of Batman movies! /official sounding paragraph.

Seriously though, it looks like it is going to be a real winner. LOL at betting odds being posted on how much this thing is going to gross in the weekend. For those who understand betting odds, this movie is -1250 to gross "Over 200 Million" in the first week. :shock:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I'll go out on a limb here and say that this looks to be an epic and thrilling adventure to end the hit series of Batman movies! /official sounding paragraph.

Seriously though, it looks like it is going to be a real winner. LOL at betting odds being posted on how much this thing is going to gross in the weekend. For those who understand betting odds, this movie is -1250 to gross "Over 200 Million" in the first week. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Soooo this is going to beat out Spiderman/Avengers or just get close?

my guess it will make 170m opening week and will not beat the dark knight box office

@ITDEFX if it cannot beat spiderman then we know that without joker is not a money maker and will not beat avengers total box office

I have started a petition online to get Banes voice changed back to Christopher Nolan's original vision which was to have Charlie Browns teacher do the voice over. Let's make it so.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I have started a petition online to get Banes voice changed back to Christopher Nolan's original vision which was to have Charlie Browns teacher do the voice over. Let's make it so.[/QUOTE]

Can I throw a brick at this guy?

or you can make a petition to have the "original" audio on the blu ray release.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I have started a petition online to get Banes voice changed back to Christopher Nolan's original vision which was to have Charlie Browns teacher do the voice over. Let's make it so.[/QUOTE]
the audio was terrible in the original thx Nolan for fixing it

OH MY fuckING GOD!! That was hand painted???? God damn! I would love someone to do that to my townhouse, but my HOA would kill me! :(

I have my $5 movie cash from TDK and BB blu rays ready to use.

What are the odds this movie ends with Christian Bale spinning a top and it never stopping, then Dom waking up?

[quote name='kerplunkuga']i have my $5 movie cash from tdk and bb blu rays ready to use.

What are the odds this move ends with christian bale spinning a top and it never stopping, then dom waking up?[/quote]

god damn it you spoiled the ending to inception 2!!!

I'm going to say no. Least, I would hope not. If anything, I would hope it would maybe fast forward to the future and have a Batman Beyond feel to it :)

Also, forgot how good Batman Begins was. It's been a while since I've seen it, but watching it back to back with The Dark Knight, I think it blows it away. Watching TDK again...wasn't as good as I remember it. If it wasn't for Ledger and his performance, I don't know how well I would really like it...

I know someone that works for a videogame company that rented out a theater for their employees to watch the movie starting in an hour and a half. I am a little jelly.:D

[quote name='4thHorseman']I'm going to say no. Least, I would hope not. If anything, I would hope it would maybe fast forward to the future and have a Batman Beyond feel to it :)

Also, forgot how good Batman Begins was. It's been a while since I've seen it, but watching it back to back with The Dark Knight, I think it blows it away. Watching TDK again...wasn't as good as I remember it. If it wasn't for Ledger and his performance, I don't know how well I would really like it...[/QUOTE]

A Batman Beyond movie would be amazing.

I doubt it'll ever happen, but I can dream.

Lucky bastards who are seeing the trilogy!!! I would have gone but two things, I have to teach tonight at 7pm til 9:30! :( and second, the only way to see TDKR in IMAX at Tyson's corner is by buying the trilogy package......

fuck this...so I am going to another IMAX screen at midnight...........

It's hard to say if this movie will beat out Avengers midnight showing because of the IMAX/3d ticket padding sales. Confuses the hell out of people who track this shit...so if it makes 40 million tonight..is that based priced or with IMAX sales?

who releases these numbers anyways?

[quote name='rpg']anyone seeing the movie at midnight?[/QUOTE]

Yup yup. Wife is on bedrest and really hoping she doesn't go into labor during it...

[quote name='4thHorseman']Yup yup. Wife is on bedrest and really hoping she doesn't go into labor during it...[/QUOTE]

Lol...and if she does...will you name him Bane?

Didnt buy any IMAX ticks in advance, now its all sold out in the L.A area. BAH! Still planing on seeing it over the weekend do.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Guesses on whether or not the B-bomb dies or not? No spoilers and if you know, just shut your mouth...guesses only.[/QUOTE]

Im gona say no, only because i dont think DC would allow it to happen....
(unless he wakes up in Inception 2: Riddler Rises)
.:)

Just got out. It was absolutely fantastic. Especially how it brings the whole trilogy together like that. I absolutely must see it again since my film was a bit blurry the entire film because my theater sucks ass.

I won't go into detail until later today when more people have seen it. I don't want people reading spoilers accidently.

I am truly speechless........... the ending was amazing....this one brings everything to a close as promised. This is the movie people will be talking about for years to come.....

So amazing. So awesome. Non-stop after about 20 minutes in. Watched all three tonite in IMAX. Such an amazing end to the trilogy as a whole.

Gonna echo the sentiments of being amazed by the ending. Lots of nods to prior films, and although some of what happened was predictable, didnt seem any less awesome. That is how you finish up a trilogy.

Best movie of the summer by a wide margin and a more than worthy successor to Dark Knight. I'll be seeing it again for sure. Like previously mentioned the ending is spectacular and wraps everything up together PERFECTLY. There are literally things from all the way back to the first movie which were setups for this one (seemingly).

Just got back home from the midnight showing. It was a good movie and a great edition to the batman trilogy (I think I read that it will be the last one, sadly). I wouldn't say it wrapped up everything perfectly, but that is just me being anal about detail.

This sounds almost too cartoony to be real. Unfortunately it is very real.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...r-premiere-of-dark-knight-rises-16187436.html

Colorado officials have confirmed that 10 people, including children, have been killed at the premiere of Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises in the suburbs of Denver.

Local reporter Justin Jones said the gunmen were wearing body armour and gas masks.

"One of the attackers shot a baby at point blank range," he said.

Brenda Stuart, of 850 KOA Radio, said the victims were shot dead but there may have also been an explosion. It is reported that many of the victims are children.

She said police are looking for a second explosive device at the Centruy 16 movie theatre in Aurora Mall.

One suspect has been detained.

As many as 50 people are believed to have been injured in the attack.

Ms Stuart said: "The shooting started during the midnight showing at the theatre. Many people thought it was part of the movie before panic set in.

"Police are taking people to hospital in their own cars, not waiting for ambulances to arrive. There were chaotic scenes as people desperately tried to flee.""

Fox News is reporting that two people were involved in the attack . They set off tear gas, possibly in two separate theatres.

The FBI are on the scene to co-ordinate the hunt for the second man. But their efforts are being hampered by fears that a bomb may have been planted in the movie theatre parking lot.

The movie complex was sold out for the screening.

The preview trailers had just finished when a gas canister exploded, according to witnesses. It is believed the gunmen opened fire as people began to flee the theatres.

CNN's version is a little less insane but still really bad:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

At least 20 people were wounded in a shooting early Friday morning at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, an area hospital official told CNN.
All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, said Jacque Montgomery, a spokeswoman at the University of Colorado Hospital.
"They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.
Police were responding to a "shooting incident" at the theater, a dispatcher told CNN. The dispatcher did not provide any additional details.
The shooting incident reportedly occurred during an early morning screening of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises," witnesses told CNN affiliate KUSA.
"We saw people running around and screaming," a man, who was not identified, told KUSA.
He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie next door.

bread's done
Back