Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

[quote name='KaneRobot']The football thing was hilarious. Looks like something from one of the Bay Transformers movies.[/QUOTE]

It did look out of place.

As far as the rest of the trailer goes. Not great, but I'm sure the movie will be.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The football thing was hilarious. Looks like something from one of the Bay Transformers movies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it pulls you out of the moment seeing Hines Ward outrun an earthquake.

Bruce Wayne and Big Ben daterape evil, Summer 2012.

It looks alright but what it really does is make me wish Heath Ledger hadn't died. What Dark Knight Rises could have been...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']It looks alright but what it really does is make me wish Heath Ledger hadn't died. What Dark Knight Rises could have been...[/QUOTE]

Was Joker supposed to have been in more than one of Nolan's films?

[quote name='dothog']Was Joker supposed to have been in more than one of Nolan's films?[/QUOTE]

Likely he would have had at least some kind of presence given that they didn't kill him off at the end of Dark Knight.

I have very mixed feeling on this so far, and I just hope my impressions and assumptions are wrong. I have a very, very, very bad feeling Nolan is gonna try to "shock" us and do what everyone is predicting: actually have Bane break Batman. If this is gonna be the last of the movies, as they have been saying for some time, that would be a horrible idea, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just a big, sappy moron, but I want this awesome trilogy to end on a happy note. To me, the best way to send this series off is the way the 1989 Batman ended: the city fully embracing Batman as it's protector. If they could get Elfman's score to that scene, I might just cry in the theater like a big homo.

I really liked Alfred's breakdown and Hathaway's speech to Bruce, both came across really well done, but Bane's voice and that stupid as hell football scene, has me worried.

[quote name='bardockkun']The football thing all I'm reminded of is Gears of War 3 in the Thrashball sequence.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except the Gears sequence was a million times better.

It would be absurd to think this movie is going to be shit just based off one questionable trailer, but yeah, it didn't do much to get me excited for the film. Plus it seems like very good comic movies have tended to fall pretty far once we get to part 3 (X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man, '89 Batman).

[quote name='dchrisd']I really liked Alfred's breakdown and Hathaway's speech to Bruce, both came across really well done, but Bane's voice and that stupid as hell football scene, has me worried.[/QUOTE]

How do you know it's stupid if you don't know the context behind it?

When I first saw that trailer I thought the scene looked kind of out of place, but it obviously has a purpose and really doesn't look that bad to me.

People are just looking to nitpick.

[quote name='dchrisd']I really liked Alfred's breakdown and Hathaway's speech to Bruce, both came across really well done, but Bane's voice and that stupid as hell football scene, has me worried.[/QUOTE]

Yes, those scenes were most definitely the highlight of the preview.

Bane's tumbler looked kind of cool but then the "batplane" in the background looked a little "off". Maybe we were conditioned too much in the first 2 to expect the bat gadgets from not being the emphasis in this series of movies unlike previous incarnations.

I too am a little concerned about the trilogy effect happening to Dark Knight Rises but none of the other trilogies had Christopher Nolan in charge who frankly even the worst of his movie library (Following or Insomnia) are still pretty damn good movies. We'll see, as I've said previously, prior to every Nolan movie there's news that comes out that makes them look like its going to be terrible (Batman Begins was the news that it was going to be a more "realistic take on Batman" and previous teen hearthrob Heath Ledger playing one of the darkest characters in Batman history for Dark Knight) but it always seems to work out so I'm not ready to bail on the hype train.

I got a crazy idea since its the last Nolan batman and hollywood will most likely do a reboot what if they did a Batman Beyond trilogy next.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lyricsborn']I got a crazy idea since its the last Nolan batman and hollywood will most likely do a reboot what if they did a Batman Beyond trilogy next.[/QUOTE]

I wish.

Apparently once upon a time there was going to be a Batman Beyond movie but it got cancelled.

[quote name='whoknows']I wish.

Apparently once upon a time there was going to be a Batman Beyond movie but it got cancelled.[/QUOTE]

id kill for a batman beyond flick that said i hope the company whose been making batman games of late will do a beyond game too. it was cool using that costume in ac but i want to play a full beyond universe game.

I like it. It has a different feel since it's more of a suspense movie than a comic book.

Heading over to the comic book forums for spoiler insights.

Still wondering how Catwoman will betray Bane and side with Batman. Does Batman know Catwoman is Selina Kyle? I mean obviously her little mask is not enough to fool Batman right?

Dark Knight, Gay Batman
The Hollywood Reporter

dark-knight-rises-movie-Bat-Bane-Showdown-550x382.jpg

Holy Gayness, Batman!

Batman comic book writer Grant Morrison sure caused a ruckus with his Playboy interview, during which he share his thoughts on his works and, more interestingly, on certain superheroes.

The man who has redefined Batman and is about to launch the new Batman Incorporated comic series, said, "Gayness is built into Batman."

He then went on: "Batman is very, very gay. There's just no denying it. Obviously as a fictional character he's intended to be heterosexual, but the basis of the whole concept is utterly gay. I think that's why people like it. All these women fancy him and they all wear fetish clothes and jump around rooftops to get him. He doesn't care -- he's more interested in hanging out with the old guy and the kid."

"There’s an aspirational quality to him—he’s an outlaw and he can buy anything. He’s a rich man who beats up poor people. It’s quite a bizarre mission to go out at night dressed as a bat and punch the hell out of junkies. And then he goes home and lives in this mansion. He has a new Batmobile every movie. He’s very plutonian in the sense that he’s wealthy and also in the sense that he’s sexually deviant."

Homosexual interpretations of Batman has been around almost as long as the comic book character himself.

Burt Ward, who portrayed Robin in the 1960s television show, has also remarked upon this interpretation in his autobiography writes that the relationship could be interpreted as a sexual one.

In 2006, George Clooney said in an interview with Barbara Walters that in the 1997 film, Batman & Robin, he played Batman as gay. "I was in a rubber suit and I had rubber nipples. I could have played Batman straight, but I made him gay."

Before donning the cowl, current Batman/Dark Knight actor Christian Bale had starred in various roles with homosexual or bi-sexual themes, including the film Velvet Goldmine, in which Bale and actor Ewan McGregor both shared an infamous homosexual sex scene together.

The Dark Knight Rises comes out this summer.
That's a lot.

Had no idea Christian Bale did gay sex before he was Batman (you really don't want to Google it). Don't know if I can look at the Dark Knight the same way again.

Val Kilmer had a couple of flamboyant gay roles after he did Batman, really strange.

Former Batman director Joel Schumacher too was gay.

Awww.. and here I thought we'd finally get to see Batman hook up with Robin in the new movie....Bummer.

BTW....Velvet Goldmine is an Awesome movie....Love that Ewan flashes his (pretty big) thing in so many movies.

[quote name='praxus07']Awww.. and here I thought we'd finally get to see Batman hook up with Robin in the new movie....Bummer.

BTW....Velvet Goldmine is an Awesome movie....Love that Ewan flashes his (pretty big) thing in so many movies.[/QUOTE]
Did Obiwan really lightsabered Batman from behind?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news-article/mcgregors-neverending-sex-scene-with-bale

(Ewan McGregor): "I was f***ing Christian Bale up the arse and the crew was filming. I hadn't done gay penetrative sex before, so I'm standing behind Christian's big naked back, going, 'Wow, this is so... peculiar.' So I start, you know, pumping away slowly, and I start to go a bit more like a bunny rabbit, then like a Jack Russell. Then I said, 'I'm sure I would have come by now.' I glanced back and saw the crew packing up and walking away! I think TODD (HAYNES) hadn't wanted to interrupt us."

tumblr_la2ts3a7QK1qddfrco1_500_thumb.png

[quote name='praxus07']Awww.. and here I thought we'd finally get to see Batman hook up with Robin in the new movie....Bummer.

BTW....Velvet Goldmine is an Awesome movie....Love that Ewan flashes his (pretty big) thing in so many movies.[/QUOTE]
1- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character was rumored to be Robin for a while.

2- Did Obiwan really lightsabered Batman from behind?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news-article/mcgregors-neverending-sex-scene-with-bale

(Ewan McGregor): "I was f***ing Christian Bale up the arse and the crew was filming. I hadn't done gay penetrative sex before, so I'm standing behind Christian's big naked back, going, 'Wow, this is so... peculiar.' So I start, you know, pumping away slowly, and I start to go a bit more like a bunny rabbit, then like a Jack Russell. Then I said, 'I'm sure I would have come by now.' I glanced back and saw the crew packing up and walking away! I think TODD (HAYNES) hadn't wanted to interrupt us."

Two things I ask myself after this trailer: the first Batman voice sounds different. No gravely tone to it like the Batman in the Batplane (or whatever). Different Batman?

Also, how many years has passed since Batman Begins? Im wondering if JGL's character is the boy he gave that gadget to in the first movie.

Since when is movie sex actually penetration? I refuse to believe that's serious.

That's like Jake Gyllenhal saying, "Well I was fucking Anne Hathaway during 'Love and Other Drugs" and the directer never yelled cut and I blew my load all over her back by accident."

Ridiculous article, ridiculous posts.

Please, that's been said for decades, since before most of us were probably born. As soon as Robin showed up people started speculating about a grown man hanging out with a young boy. People jump on everything Morrison says like it's a revelation,and he feeds off it as well.

I just don't think Bane fits in a live action movie. They can't make him look big enough for one, not without it seeming silly, yet that's his whole shtick, he's huge and monstrously strong. Maybe after I see it I'll feel differently, I just doubt it.

I think Bane will be fine, but fans of the comics probably won't like him since he won't be anything like the comic version. Seems they're just playing him up more as a menacing terrorist type who happens to be very strong, rather than a genetically enhanced hulk type.

Or it could be that Bruce Wayne is so emotionally damaged that he doesn't know how to handle relationships or love.

What are we even talking about, it's a fictional character. fucking nerds! Lol.

[quote name='Clak']Please, that's been said for decades, since before most of us were probably born. As soon as Robin showed up people started speculating about a grown man hanging out with a young boy. People jump on everything Morrison says like it's a revelation,and he feeds off it as well.[/QUOTE]

My favorite thing Morrison has said regarding a gay Batman is how creepy Alfred must be to go and craft a Batman suit with nipples.

[quote name='DestroVega']Since when is movie sex actually penetration? I refuse to believe that's serious.

That's like Jake Gyllenhal saying, "Well I was fucking Anne Hathaway during 'Love and Other Drugs" and the directer never yelled cut and I blew my load all over her back by accident."

Ridiculous article, ridiculous posts.[/QUOTE]

it happens theres been a few movies that had real sex in them one i recall was discussed either on oprah or the veiw in length over how inappropriate it was for them to do that. not to mention that flick brown bunny where chloe sevinghy( yeah i killed her name) really gave that guy a blowjob.

that 60s tv show batman was very gay as were a number of the villans. maybe thats why they started to add in female bat characters so hed come off less like a weird pedo who seduces young boys into his dangerous night life activities. on top of that all the kids he picks up are emotionally scarred well the boys are anyway and what boy would turn down all the cool gadgets he has......wow im gonna stop here before i ruin batman for myself.

that rich guy beating up on the poor bit was hilarious but he does beat up on the rich too.

I think people forget that there are two facets to Bane's character. Yes, one is the hulking mass he becomes when enhanced by Venom. But what makes him a match for Batman is the fact that he is a tactical genius. In the comics, he realizes a direct fight with Batman would be a failure, so he breaks everyone out of Arkham and wears down Batman for months before finally confronting him. Later, he becomes the leader of the Secret Six, and Ra's al Gaul himself said he was one of the greatest minds he had ever met. Nolan, with his more realistic take on Batman, is obviously going to play up the tactical genius element, and considering that he hasn't let me down yet, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even though Bane looks silly...

[quote name='4thHorseman']Two things I ask myself after this trailer: the first Batman voice sounds different. No gravely tone to it like the Batman in the Batplane (or whatever). Different Batman?

Also, how many years has passed since Batman Begins? Im wondering if JGL's character is the boy he gave that gadget to in the first movie.[/QUOTE]
Batman can't be that old.

JGL can't be that boy, Nolan would hate his film to have Pedophile-Batman jokes.

[quote name='lokizz']it happens theres been a few movies that had real sex in them one i recall was discussed either on oprah or the veiw in length over how inappropriate it was for them to do that. not to mention that flick brown bunny where chloe sevinghy( yeah i killed her name) really gave that guy a blowjob.

that 60s tv show batman was very gay as were a number of the villans. maybe thats why they started to add in female bat characters so hed come off less like a weird pedo who seduces young boys into his dangerous night life activities. on top of that all the kids he picks up are emotionally scarred well the boys are anyway and what boy would turn down all the cool gadgets he has......wow im gonna stop here before i ruin batman for myself.

that rich guy beating up on the poor bit was hilarious but he does beat up on the rich too.[/QUOTE]

The penis is Brown Bunny was a prosthetic.

EDIT: I remember the debate when the movie came out and reading it was, reading up on it now it seems it might have been real. In any case, it's not the norm. I don't think for a second Ewan McGregor was inside Bale's butthole.

What in the blue hell?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think people forget that there are two facets to Bane's character. Yes, one is the hulking mass he becomes when enhanced by Venom. But what makes him a match for Batman is the fact that he is a tactical genius. In the comics, he realizes a direct fight with Batman would be a failure, so he breaks everyone out of Arkham and wears down Batman for months before finally confronting him. Later, he becomes the leader of the Secret Six, and Ra's al Gaul himself said he was one of the greatest minds he had ever met. Nolan, with his more realistic take on Batman, is obviously going to play up the tactical genius element, and considering that he hasn't let me down yet, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even though Bane looks silly...[/QUOTE]
He honestly looks like Hannibal Lecter on steroids. Maybe we just haven't seen hum bulk up yet, maybe there are some CGI scenes we haven't seen yet. Somebody see if Lou Ferigno is busy...lol.

bread's done
Back