Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

[quote name='rpg']do u guys see batman having a cameo in the new superman movie ?[/QUOTE]
No. By now too soon and there is no reason to.

Lot of people mentioning that Dark Knight Rises just seemed like it was a redo of Batman Begins, complete with the same plot, the same end game, etc.

Plot similarities between Batman Begins and Rises:

• Batman vs the League of Shadows
  • Batman disappearing from Gotham for 8 years in TDKR (Bruce disappearing from Gotham for # of years to train in BB)
  • Batman learning to deal with his fear climbing out of the Lazarus Pit (the Batcave in BB)
  • Fusion Reactor stolen from Wayne Enterprise to use against the city (Microwave Emitter stolen from Wayne Industries in BB)
  • Same plot of bombing and burning Gotham City to the ground
  • Same plot by breaking out the Prisoners to run amok
  • Maria Tate is revealed to be Talia-Al Ghul all along in TDKR (Ducard was revealed to be R'As Al Ghul all along in BB)
  • The way Talia dies by crashing the truck in TDKR (R'As dies by crashing the train in BB)
  • TDKR ends with a nod to an important Batman character in Robin (BB ends with nod to the Joker)
Any other plot similarities?

Others have also said, Rises had a lot in common with TDK too.

Plot similarities between The Dark Knight and Rises:

• Both open w/ a 6 min prologue showcasing amazing feats by the film's main antagonist to show us what Bats is up against
  • Joker and men hold up a bank and Joker escapes via school bus.
  • Bane and men hold up a stock exchange and Bane escapes via motorcycle.
  • Joker places explosives everywhere.
  • Bane places explosives everywhere.
  • Harvey Dent ends up in intensive care before being back on his feet, ready to settle the score.
  • Gordon ends up in intensive care before being on his feet, ready to settle the score.
  • Dent is Gotham's White Knight, picking up much of the slack for Batman.
  • Blake is a White Knight of sorts, picking up much of the slack for Batman (while he's away)
  • Crane gets a bit part (both films)
  • Joker seemingly puts the people's fates in their own hands.
  • Bane seemingly puts the people's fates in their own hands.

[quote name='Mixer236']You know...
About people saying Bane was killed by the Batpod shot, I'm not so sure it really killed him. It could've just knocked him out... I mean, you would think it probably would have, but they never really said for sure either way. Also, I thought I saw him move a bit after he hit the back wall.
[/QUOTE]

Bane wasn't as strong as he was in the comics/TAS in this movie. If he was that strong due to venom, then yeah I can see him survive that shot..but he was more intelligent than anything.......up until he saw the burning bat signal.......and said "IMPOSSIBLE!!!" ...I felt his intelligence went down quick.

Really enjoyed the movie. Some small things I would have changed but nothing major. I would have loved to see some reference to the Joker since you would think he would out roaming the streets as well. I knew it was not going to happen but it would have been cool to see a Joker smile tagged on a wall or something. It also would have been awesome to have the Joker as the judge but of course I know Nolan was never going to recast the character after Ledger died.

As for the franchise as a whole......this version of Batman is done, the story is over. There will be no continuation, there will be no Robin based movie. The only way this version of Batman continues is if Bale and Nolan come back and there seems to be little chance of that.

If DC/Warner is smart......big IF there I know.....they will try to copy Marvel and big a DC movie universe starting with the Man of Steel next summer. They have an opportunity to re-boot Batman and they are re-booting Superman next summer. Perfect time to put a little cameo or lead in during the Man of Steel to possibly lead into a World's Finest flick.

They should just do that. DC could easily get away with just a Superman/Batman movie. They don't really need a whole Justice League movie since Batman and Superman are probably more popular and well known than all of the heroes in the Avengers movie combined.

Wannabe Colorado Copycat...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ado-article-1.1120622?localLinksEnabled=false

California Man arrested after threatening movie goers and calling out for a gun during "The Dark Knight Rises"

NORWALK, CALIF. (AP) - A man is accused of making criminal threats at a screening of the new Batman movie at a Southern California theater.

The Los Angeles county sheriff's office said Monday that 52-year-old Clark Tabor was being held on $50,000 bail.

Deputies were called to the AMC Norwalk 20 cineplex around 5 p.m. Sunday after moviegoers complained of a man who started yelling when the showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” didn’t start. Witnesses say Tabor then shouted, “I should go off like in Colorado,” and, “Does anybody have a gun?”
:whistle2:#

[quote name='whoknows']They should just do that. DC could easily get away with just a Superman/Batman movie. They don't really need a whole Justice League movie since Batman and Superman are probably more popular and well known than all of the heroes in the Avengers movie combined.[/QUOTE]

Off-topic: How does that combination work? It's like putting a SEAL with a mall security guard in terms of capability. Are there any good comic book examples of that, or do they just tone down Superman's set of powers until he is weak enough to actually need anything but maybe information from Batman?

Also, I really hope they don't use kryptonite in the Man of Steel movie. That's such a boring way to give a villain the upper hand.

On-topic: Is there some legal reason that WB can't screw with this Batman trilogy? It's not like Batman movies don't have that kind of history, where the actors were simply replaced for subsequent films.

[quote name='ID2006']Off-topic: How does that combination work? It's like putting a SEAL with a mall security guard in terms of capability. Are there any good comic book examples of that, or do they just tone down Superman's set of powers until he is weak enough to actually need anything but maybe information from Batman?

Also, I really hope they don't use kryptonite in the Man of Steel movie. That's such a boring way to give a villain the upper hand.

On-topic: Is there some legal reason that WB can't screw with this Batman trilogy? It's not like Batman movies don't have that kind of history, where the actors were simply replaced for subsequent films.[/QUOTE]

There have been comics with both Superman and Batman that have worked...some of which were made into the two animated movies which show they can work well together. There were also the Worlds Finest episodes from the Superman animated series.

And I agree about kryptonite in the Man of Steel. I also don't want Lex Luthor, at all. He's a great villain but he doesn't need to be in every Superman movie. At this point I'm pretty tired of him.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Wannabe Colorado Copycat...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ado-article-1.1120622?localLinksEnabled=false

:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I'd guess he was just being an asshole and didn't actually plan to do it. It was pretty fucking stupid of him to say something like that though.

Superman and Batman have a long history of working together in the comic books. You have to remember that most comic interpretations of Batman are not nearly as "realistic" as the Nolan-verse. Batman is more than capable of standing up to true supervillians. In the comics, he is stronger and faster, and his gadgets are more powerful. It's often really enjoyable to watch the two work together, because they are so different. Superman relies on trust, whereas Batman relies on fear.

Seeing as the Kryptonian criminals appear to be the villains of Man of Steel, I doubt Kryptonite is gonna be the card played to even the battlefield.

WB can do whatever they want with Batman, but it just seems pointless to carry on in the Nolan-verse without Nolan and Bale. It's doubtful that JGL can carry the franchise as Batman/Robin/Nightwing. You're also kind of limited in terms of villains. Ra's al Ghul is dead, and it would be hard to resurrect him in a realistic setting. Two-Face is dead. Bane is dead. The Joker character lives on, but it's doubtful anyone would ever want to step into those shoes anytime soon. Down the road, there will obviously be another Joker in some Batman movie, but right now, no one's gonna wanna do it, especially if it's filling in for Ledger in the realistic take.

To me, the only way they could return to the Nolan-verse is if they had Blake turn into a Jean Paul Valley or Jason Todd version of Batman, where he is going too far, and Bruce is forced to take back the mantle.

[quote name='Enuf']since they need a break from this timeline I'd like to see them move towards a batman beyond movie with clint Eastwood as old grumpy bruce not sure who would be terry though. They'd have more room for ideas that wouldn't screw up the batman legacy & new villians(or a new take on them) that would make another trilogy seem "fresh"[/QUOTE]

I always had the same idea for Clint Eastwood being an old Bruce in a Beyond film.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I always had the same idea for Clint Eastwood being an old Bruce in a Beyond film.[/QUOTE]

I kinda like that idea of Eastwood being old Bruce...however he may not be alive when the next batman movie comes out...

[quote name='DestroVega'] If it were my decision, I'd just adapt standalone Batman classic comic stories and make them into movies. I'm thinking Dark Knight Returns and Long Halloween. Stuff like that.[/QUOTE]Hush story line would be epic on a cinema level & really fresh for non comic fans.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Seeing as the Kryptonian criminals appear to be the villains of Man of Steel, I doubt Kryptonite is gonna be the card played to even the battlefield.

WB can do whatever they want with Batman, but it just seems pointless to carry on in the Nolan-verse without Nolan and Bale. It's doubtful that JGL can carry the franchise as Batman/Robin/Nightwing. You're also kind of limited in terms of villains. Ra's al Ghul is dead, and it would be hard to resurrect him in a realistic setting. Two-Face is dead. Bane is dead. The Joker character lives on, but it's doubtful anyone would ever want to step into those shoes anytime soon. Down the road, there will obviously be another Joker in some Batman movie, but right now, no one's gonna wanna do it, especially if it's filling in for Ledger in the realistic take.

To me, the only way they could return to the Nolan-verse is if they had Blake turn into a Jean Paul Valley or Jason Todd version of Batman, where he is going too far, and Bruce is forced to take back the mantle.
[/QUOTE]Be nice to see braniac as a superman villian for once & moving toward the batman beyond timeline would solve the issues regarding villians with a fresh take

[quote name='ITDEFX']I kinda like that idea of Eastwood being old Bruce...however he may not be alive when the next batman movie comes out...[/QUOTE]if Dominic Santini can make it to 95 so can he
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000308/

[quote name='Enuf']Hush story line would be epic on a cinema level & really fresh for non comic fans.
[/QUOTE]
But there's SO many character and villains and it expects the audience to know or have some knowledge of them. That's where it'll fall apart. There's no way you can have people emotionally invested in the character of Hush and the possibility of it being Jason Todd unless they know the whole story. Same with how Riddler basically figures everything out in the end leads to a rather dull conclusion, especially if building a franchise because in the end where can it go once you've basically shown all the villains in Batman lore.

I was waiting for a gif of this.

gr7aayyt.gif

Ok so I gave it another viewing the other day and had more thoughts.

-After reading the comments on line, I DO Agree Bane does sound like Sean Connery

-Don't like the idea that Blake "figured it out" when it came to Bruce/Batman based on the "look".

-The relationship between Bruce and Blake was too brief and felt that Blake didn't have enough time to prove himself to be Bruce's successor.

-Why 8 years since TDK? Why not 1 or 2 years?

-There was no need for Talia/Miranda in this story. It could have worked without her.

-Even with the whole stolen bruce fingerprints, all transactions of the exchanged should have been shut down/null and voided because of the tampering by Bane. People saw his goons doing something to the computers. As a precaution they should have shut it down when he left.

-It looked very weird when batman and catwoman where walking down the stairs into the sewers when the music was blasting.

-Alfred waiting all this time to tell Bruce about the truth about Rachel in the hopes of having him back down from confronting Bane... that was kinda dumb because Bane needed to be stopped.

-After Batman was trapped by Catwoman, it clearly showed that Batman was pissed for Catwoman betraying him and you think he was going to get her later.

-Selina's personality confused me....it never gave a reason why she put on the suit.

-Batman could have taken out Bane and his men on the roof easily.

-Bane could have exposed Bruce as Batman infront of Gotham by showing his body after the battle in the sewers.

-Daggett didn't need to die.

-Batman could have EMP'ed the entire police force when he was trapped.

-Bruce and Miranda fall in love real quick....

-After Bane broke into the Applied Sciences basement, no one noticed the extra "The Bat" lying around?

-What was the reason for not having the batmobile in this movie if there were spares available? I kinda miss it.

-Ra's could have been the master mind behind all of this and didn't need to be a hallucination. The audience would have been surprised if Ra's stated that it was his idea to release the Joker on to gotham as another attempt to destroy it.

-Where the hell was Alfred when he left Bruce?

-No one in Gotham has a cell phone or radio to contact the outside world? Internet not working?

-Bruce easily forgive and forget Selina's actions when he came back.

-It could have been an editing mistake but if you look closely when Fox was trying to escape from the Reactor flooding, it showed he was having trouble hanging on and then the next scene he was climbing up with no problems. Could it have been possible that Fox could have been meant to die in the flood but at the last minute they changed it so he escaped?

-I felt there was no attraction between Bruce and Selina throughout the movie but yet they ended up together at the end of the movie.

-I guess Nolan isn't a fan of blood because you hear gun shots and see bodies but no blood? Like when the tumbler shot all the cops and then you saw a scene of one uniformed cop on the grown but no bullet holes or blood on his uniform?

-Based on the toy, Batman could have ejected from the Bat and escaped using the auto pilot.

-In the end, Blake just threw away his badge and quit his new job as detective....

-Sometime between Bruce's return to Gotham and his final battle with Bane, he had time to re-write his will completely and leave Blake the location of the batcave. That was a pretty risky move as there was no indication that Blake wanted to be the new batman.

-Gordon finds the spot light repaired with the batman logo on it..looks around to see if anyone is there (batman) but sees no one. Someone put it there....Bruce had time for this?

-That scene in particular could have been the final scene of the movie where the audience is introduced to the new batman meeting Gordon.

-What happened to that railing system from the first movie? Couldn't have been all destroyed.

-I guess no one took care of the Wayne's tombstones much huh?

-What were those tunnels behind the batcave or whatever ?

Still loved the movie despite it's flaws.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok so I gave it another viewing the other day and had more thoughts.

-After reading the comments on line, I DO Agree Bane does sound like Sean Connery

-Don't like the idea that Blake "figured it out" when it came to Bruce/Batman based on the "look".

-The relationship between Bruce and Blake was too brief and felt that Blake didn't have enough time to prove himself to be Bruce's successor.

-There was no need for Talia/Miranda in this story. It could have worked without her.

-Even with the whole stolen bruce fingerprints, all transactions of the exchanged should have been shut down/null and voided because of the tampering by Bane. People saw his goons doing something to the computers. As a precaution they should have shut it down when he left.

-It looked very weird when batman and catwoman where walking down the stairs into the sewers when the music was blasting.

-Alfred waiting all this time to tell Bruce about the truth about Rachel in the hopes of having him back down from confronting Bane... that was kinda dumb because Bane needed to be stopped.

-After Batman was trapped by Catwoman, it clearly showed that Batman was pissed for Catwoman betraying him and you think he was going to get her later.

-Selina's personality confused me....it never gave a reason why she put on the suit.

-Bane could have exposed Bruce as Batman infront of Gotham by showing his body after the battle in the sewers.

-After Bane broke into the Applied Sciences basement, no one noticed the extra "The Bat" lying around?

-What was the reason for not having the batmobile in this movie if there were spares available? I kinda miss it.

-Ra's could have been the master mind behind all of this and didn't need to be a hallucination. The audience would have been surprised if Ra's stated that it was his idea to release the Joker on to gotham as another attempt to destroy it.

-No one in Gotham has a cell phone or radio to contact the outside world? Internet not working?

-It could have been an editing mistake but if you look closely when Fox was trying to escape from the Reactor flooding, it showed he was having trouble hanging on and then the next scene he was climbing up with no problems. Could it have been possible that Fox could have been meant to die in the flood but at the last minute they changed it so he escaped?

-I felt there was no attraction between Bruce and Selina throughout the movie but yet they ended up together at the end of the movie.

-I guess Nolan isn't a fan of blood because you hear gun shots and see bodies but no blood? Like when the tumbler shot all the cops and then you saw a scene of one uniformed cop on the grown but no bullet holes or blood on his uniform?

-Based on the toy, Batman could have ejected from the Bat and escaped using the auto pilot.

-In the end, Blake just threw away his badge and quit his new job as detective....

-Sometime between Bruce's return to Gotham and his final battle with Bane, he had time to re-write his will completely and leave Blake the location of the batcave. That was a pretty risky move as there was no indication that Blake wanted to be the new batman.

-Gordon finds the spot light repaired with the batman logo on it..looks around to see if anyone is there (batman) but sees no one. Someone put it there....Bruce had time for this?

-That scene in particular could have been the final scene of the movie where the audience is introduced to the new batman meeting Gordon.

-What happened to that railing system from the first movie? Couldn't have been all destroyed.

Still loved the movie despite it's flaws.[/QUOTE]

You forgot healing from his back injury in 5 months.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok so I gave it another viewing the other day and had more thoughts.

Still loved the movie despite it's flaws.[/QUOTE]

Also, how could Batman go through the whole movie without having to poop?

[quote name='DestroVega']
Also, how could Batman go through the whole movie without having to poop?
[/QUOTE]

oh that's simple Destro...
The utility belt has extra pockets for this sort of thing........

[quote name='ITDEFX']
[/QUOTE]

All 3 movies contain nearly no blood. Made TDK's interrogation scene really awkward, like the Joker was made of rubber. I hate that part.

[quote name='paddlefoot']
You forgot healing from his back injury in 5 months.
[/QUOTE]
Lol, you mean 5 seconds. Who knew the best place on earth for a chiropractor was in the pit of some remote prison.

I didn't really want to even get into the many, many plot holes this movie had because if I started to take it seriously, then I'd have hated the movie even more.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, you mean 5 seconds. Who knew the best place on earth for a chiropractor was in the pit of some remote prison.

I didn't really want to even get into the many, many plot holes this movie had because if I started to take it seriously, then I'd have hated the movie even more.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to know that if I ever have a broken back, I just need some weak older man to punch me from behind a few times.

[quote name='bardockkun']But there's SO many character and villains and it expects the audience to know or have some knowledge of them. That's where it'll fall apart. There's no way you can have people emotionally invested in the character of Hush and the possibility of it being Jason Todd unless they know the whole story. Same with how Riddler basically figures everything out in the end leads to a rather dull conclusion, especially if building a franchise because in the end where can it go once you've basically shown all the villains in Batman lore.[/QUOTE]it would require more than just 1 movie but on an epic scale I believe it could work. People not familiar with the story arc would be no different than a person seeing any other new movie that they're not familiar with I guess.

I really liked all the Nolan Batman movies. They are great movies. They do lack some "superhero" elements that for me as a superhero/comic book fan make me feel like somethings missing. Especially for Rises, I wanted more Batman, gadgets, intellect, ect. Those fantastical elements that would make it more of a superhero movie.

Marvel gets this mostly right. Although I like Nolans Batman movies more as "movies" I'd really like to see a Batman movie more in the style of the Marvel films. I hope they do that going forward.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I really liked all the Nolan Batman movies. They are great movies. They do lack some "superhero" elements that for me as a superhero/comic book fan make me feel like somethings missing. Especially for Rises, I wanted more Batman, gadgets, intellect, ect. Those fantastical elements that would make it more of a superhero movie.

Marvel gets this mostly right. Although I like Nolans Batman movies more as "movies" I'd really like to see a Batman movie more in the style of the Marvel films. I hope they do that going forward.[/QUOTE]
I think your memory is a little foggy. Comic book movies don't have the heroes in costume all that much to begin with. They really only have 3-4 scenes each.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I really liked all the Nolan Batman movies. They are great movies. They do lack some "superhero" elements that for me as a superhero/comic book fan make me feel like somethings missing. Especially for Rises, I wanted more Batman, gadgets, intellect, ect. Those fantastical elements that would make it more of a superhero movie.

Marvel gets this mostly right. Although I like Nolans Batman movies more as "movies" I'd really like to see a Batman movie more in the style of the Marvel films. I hope they do that going forward.[/QUOTE]

We already had that Batman and it was terrible. See Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

This a dumb question but do any of you guys know where I can buy those Mountain Dew cans with The Dark Knight Rises on them? I'e been to every store and haven't seen one yet.

dew04.jpg

[quote name='4thHorseman']I'm glad to know that if I ever have a broken back, I just need some weak older man to punch me from behind a few times.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, his back wasn't broken in the movie like it was the comic books. They gave some other injury about a vertebra being out of place or something, not the same type of back injury Bane gave him in the comics.

[quote name='dohdough']I think your memory is a little foggy. Comic book movies don't have the heroes in costume all that much to begin with. They really only have 3-4 scenes each.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess your right. Maybe its the style. I really don't know what I want. I think a blend of what the Avengers did in a Batman universe would be really cool. More of a fantastical version.

Obviously not the campy goofiness of Forever and Batman and Robin.

I like Rises better as a movie, but as an event/ride I like the Avengers more. In a simplistic way, I'd like to see a Batman with more action. More of a summer blockbuster feel.

FYI, Dark Knight is by far my favorite superhero movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E_Man']This a dumb question but do any of you guys know where I can buy those Mountain Dew cans with The Dark Knight Rises on them? I'e been to every store and haven't seen one yet.[/QUOTE]
I picked one up at Target.

[quote name='E_Man']This a dumb question but do any of you guys know where I can buy those Mountain Dew cans with The Dark Knight Rises on them? I'e been to every store and haven't seen one yet.[/QUOTE]
Walmart had them here, but I don't drink dew anymore. So bad for you.

It was a good movie but not even close to the first two.

Batman should be finished with the Joker. He has a love-hate with Batman and obsesses on him, defines himself by him, and needs him.

I always thought a inspiration would be Jason Todd (minus the whole coming back thing - bleh). The ultimate test of Batman's "rules". It would've fit pretty good with the 2nd movie with the whole Dent, girlfriend, and everything else going on. Joker trying to push Batman over that edge.

As for this movie - some of it just didn't sit right with me

I suspected what's her name was Talia after they hooked up. The scar they focused on, her accent, everything just seemed like something was up with her. Once they started mixing Ras with Bane's backstory I was sure she was going to be Talia - I just didn't think they were going to completely wipe out Bane's backstory.

I didn't like how Bane seemed to lose alot of his importance once it turned out it was Talia that survived the prison in Santa Prisca. The whole point of Bane was being born, raised and ends up taking over the prison. That is why he is so capable and able to conquer Gotham, figure out who Batman is and beat him. Just doesn't seem right it suddenly becomes Talia and it's nope Bane didn't escape he just helped young Talia and sat in prison.

Also didn't like Batman leaving Gotham. That isn't suppose to be Batman. He knows he can't have a normal life because Gotham will need him - he just doesn't retire. If he did die in the explosion (which would be Batman's style), then Drake (I mean Blake) could take over.

Main gripe is still the lack of Joker, but maybe Nolan planned differently but with Heath gone who knows.

Also - oh Crane. He just keeps hanging around, like a cockroach.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dokstarr']It was a good movie but not even close to the first two.

Batman should be finished with the Joker. He has a love-hate with Batman and obsesses on him, defines himself by him, and needs him.

I always thought a inspiration would be Jason Todd (minus the whole coming back thing - bleh). The ultimate test of Batman's "rules". It would've fit pretty good with the 2nd movie with the whole Dent, girlfriend, and everything else going on. Joker trying to push Batman over that edge.

As for this movie - some of it just didn't sit right with me

I suspected what's her name was Talia after they hooked up. The scar they focused on, her accent, everything just seemed like something was up with her. Once they started mixing Ras with Bane's backstory I was sure she was going to be Talia - I just didn't think they were going to completely wipe out Bane's backstory.

I didn't like how Bane seemed to lose alot of his importance once it turned out it was Talia that survived the prison in Santa Prisca. The whole point of Bane was being born, raised and ends up taking over the prison. That is why he is so capable and able to conquer Gotham, figure out who Batman is and beat him. Just doesn't seem right it suddenly becomes Talia and it's nope Bane didn't escape he just helped young Talia and sat in prison.

Also didn't like Batman leaving Gotham. That isn't suppose to be Batman. He knows he can't have a normal life because Gotham will need him - he just doesn't retire. If he did die in the explosion (which would be Batman's style), then Drake (I mean Blake) could take over.

Main gripe is still the lack of Joker, but maybe Nolan planned differently but with Heath gone who knows.

Also - oh Crane. He just keeps hanging around, like a cockroach.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure had Heath been alive, Joker would have broken out when the city went to shit and there would have been 5-10 minutes of him in there.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm pretty sure had Heath been alive, Joker would have broken out when the city went to shit and there would have been 5-10 minutes of him in there.[/QUOTE]

That would've been cool. Even though he isn't the real main antagonist he a lot of times ends up being the one at the end trying to mess with Bats.

The more I see Bane's movie mask, the more I think it actually looks more silly than the luchador type mask he wears in the comics. I said this before the movie came out, but they just can't do a live action Bane any justice.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm pretty sure had Heath been alive, Joker would have broken out when the city went to shit and there would have been 5-10 minutes of him in there.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he would have been the judge

[quote name='Rumors']Or maybe he would have been the judge[/QUOTE]

Also thought about that. That probably would have been really cool but I think they would want him to battle Batman could do both I guess

Or the entire third movie would have been different. It would either heavily involve Joker again or it wouldn't have Joker at all.

After The Dark Knight, you don't give a living Joker Heath a 10 minute scene in TDKR. People would be clamoring for more and more of him in their heads and his presence for those mere seconds would overshadow the new villains, undermining the whole movie.

[quote name='kodave']Or the entire third movie would have been different. It would either heavily involve Joker again or it wouldn't have Joker at all.

After The Dark Knight, you don't give a living Joker Heath a 10 minute scene in TDKR. People would be clamoring for more and more of him in their heads and his presence for those mere seconds would overshadow the new villains, undermining the whole movie.[/QUOTE]

You have a point...besides Bane would kill the Joker within the first 10 mins of appearing in Gotham. This movie was suppose to be brutal. Bane and Joker working together?

If i remember correctly, the Nolan bros and Goyle said something along the lines that they had the Joker in mind as the main protagonist "If they ever did a third movie". They said Harvey dent was suppose to be the main focus in The Dark Knight chapter, hence his story starting and ending in that movie.

No doubt Heath's death caused change in what they had in mind. But at the end, im glad his rendition of The Joker is perfectly encapsulated in the 2nd film and not tainted in the 3rd film with out Heath.

[quote name='Clak']The more I see Bane's movie mask, the more I think it actually looks more silly than the luchador type mask he wears in the comics. I said this before the movie came out, but they just can't do a live action Bane any justice.[/QUOTE]

???

This is probably the most justice this character has ever been done in any form. In Nolan's world he has the agenda of his destruction under his control. Heck, he even sounds like he has a high class British accent lol.

In the comics or even animated series, for the most part he has always been a Hired Goon with the simplistic means of Breaking stuff.

If your just talking about how he looks, well...it would of been weird if a dude starts effing shit up in Nolan's realistic word in a luchador mask, haha.

When i heard Bane was going to be in this 3rd film, i thought he was going to play the "Hired Gun" again by Gotham Police to hunt down Batman after how part 2 ended.

A total day and night comparison to This bane for sure:
BaneJS.jpg

:puke:

My only complaint
was how easily he was taken out at the end by catwoman
. Through out the movie they reveal that his mask is there to control his physical pain by some sort of sedative. I wanted for batman to break it off and Bane to show some Rage out of just uncontrollable pain.

Bane was great in the movie.

I agree about
How he was taken out though was pretty lame. Seemed like they were doing their best to quickly wrap things up though and everything in the last 20mins or so was rushed.

[quote name='Viol8tor']If i remember correctly, the Nolan bros and Goyle said something along the lines that they had the Joker in mind as the main protagonist "If they ever did a third movie". They said Harvey dent was suppose to be the main focus in The Dark Knight chapter, hence his story starting and ending in that movie.

No doubt Heath's death caused change in what they had in mind. But at the end, im glad his rendition of The Joker is perfectly encapsulated in the 2nd film and not tainted in the 3rd film with out Heath.

???

This is probably the most justice this character has ever been done in any form. In Nolan's world he has the agenda of his destruction under his control. Heck, he even sounds like he has a high class British accent lol.

In the comics or even animated series, for the most part he has always been a Hired Goon with the simplistic means of Breaking stuff.

If your just talking about how he looks, well...it would of been weird if a dude starts effing shit up in Nolan's realistic word in a luchador mask, haha.

When i heard Bane was going to be in this 3rd film, i thought he was going to play the "Hired Gun" again by Gotham Police to hunt down Batman after how part 2 ended.

A total day and night comparison to This bane for sure:
BaneJS.jpg

:puke:

My only complaint
was how easily he was taken out at the end by catwoman
. Through out the movie they reveal that his mask is there to control his physical pain by some sort of sedative. I wanted for batman to break it off and Bane to show some Rage out of just uncontrollable pain.[/QUOTE]
So it's fine for a guy to run around in a cowl with pointed ears, but a luchador mask is just silly? Joker ran around with green hair and face paint for crying out loud, I don't think a luchador mask is out of the question. And his voice sounds fucking awful, like he should be narrating an episode of Masterpiece Theater. Should have just left Bane out, he just can't be done well in live action.

Some deleted scene's that will be on the Blu-ray: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nUxXL8txA&feature=player_embedded

"This is just a teaser for what promises to be a longer short film, titled Dark Knight: Knightfall."

[quote name='Clak']So it's fine for a guy to run around in a cowl with pointed ears, but a luchador mask is just silly? Joker ran around with green hair and face paint for crying out loud, I don't think a luchador mask is out of the question. And his voice sounds fucking awful, like he should be narrating an episode of Masterpiece Theater. Should have just left Bane out, he just can't be done well in live action.[/QUOTE]

To each his own, but your clearly in the minority.

I also think the 3rd film would have potentially been very different if Ledger had not passed away. I don't see The Joker as a peripheral character in this series, even though as another poster pointed out, he has been used as that in the past, including the Knightfall series. Just the way Ledger's portrayal was heralded, I don't see them using him a supporting character. Then again, one has to wonder if the same reverence would have been given the character if Ledger had not passed away.

I do have some mixed feelings about the usage of Bane. I am very glad that Nolan presented him as both a physical AND mental match for Batman.
I don't like, though, that his importance and mystic was kind of quickly thrown out the window when Talia was revealed to have been the child that escaped the prison, and that Bane was just some random guy who looked after her there. He was also taken out like a complete bitch.

bread's done
Back