Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

Oy. Not terribly impressed with the new Batman. Definitely not a buy when it comes out, but maybe a rental so I can understand things that Batman and Bane are saying with captions... I mean seriously, the 1st one with Scarecrow wasn't that bad, but the EQ and "grrr angry" voice they use is so ridiculous that it's practically impossible to understand anything Batman says and Bane was just incomprehensible 75% of the time. It's like the sound editor just plain ol' didn't give no fuck about audio placement at all. Let's crank up the tunes, throw in explosions that shake the floor of the theater and then have these grumbly bass enchanced voices sit on top of that with no attention to the fact that you have 16 sounds happening in the 125Hz to 500Hz octaves and next to nothing happening near 10k. Spread that shit out boys.

Honestly, Bale really toned down the "Batman voice" this time around. It was fine in Batman Begins, way over the top in Dark Knight, and now this time he went a little closer to the Batman Begins voice. I didn't have a hard time understanding anything Batman said. Bane's voice is definitely distorted (he is wearing a mask over his mouth, after all), but I don't think I missed much of his dialogue.

[quote name='nasum']Oy. Not terribly impressed with the new Batman. Definitely not a buy when it comes out, but maybe a rental so I can understand things that Batman and Bane are saying with captions... I mean seriously, the 1st one with Scarecrow wasn't that bad, but the EQ and "grrr angry" voice they use is so ridiculous that it's practically impossible to understand anything Batman says and Bane was just incomprehensible 75% of the time. It's like the sound editor just plain ol' didn't give no fuck about audio placement at all. Let's crank up the tunes, throw in explosions that shake the floor of the theater and then have these grumbly bass enchanced voices sit on top of that with no attention to the fact that you have 16 sounds happening in the 125Hz to 500Hz octaves and next to nothing happening near 10k. Spread that shit out boys.[/QUOTE]
I find it odd that so many people can't understand what Bane is saying. The only explanation I can think of is that most theaters don't have their sound system calibrated correctly. Everything sounded good and pretty distinct when I saw it.

The only instance of truly BAD mixing that I can think of is in the intro of Superman Returns while we're zooming away from Krypton right as the chorus is ending. The different brass sections just become a convoluted mess with no separation at all despite playing different notes. I can't help but cringe everytime I hear it.

I agree with you guys... at the "IMAX" screen I went to nothing was equilized properly. Sound effects were louder than Dialog, music was lower, Batman and catwoman were hard to understand sometimes. Then at another normal theater, the dialog was clearer and the music and sound effects were normal. Someone doesn't know how to calibrate their equipment properly.

[quote name='Clak']So it's fine for a guy to run around in a cowl with pointed ears, but a luchador mask is just silly? Joker ran around with green hair and face paint for crying out loud, I don't think a luchador mask is out of the question. And his voice sounds fucking awful, like he should be narrating an episode of Masterpiece Theater. Should have just left Bane out, he just can't be done well in live action.[/QUOTE]
I actually agree on the mask. I really think the Luchadore mask would've been better.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Some deleted scene's that will be on the Blu-ray: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nUxXL8txA&feature=player_embedded

"This is just a teaser for what promises to be a longer short film, titled Dark Knight: Knightfall."

To each his own, but your clearly in the minority.[/QUOTE]
Oooo, you hear that guys, I'm in a minority. Scarey shit there. If the majority of people think that Bane's voice fit the character, I'm glad I'm not part of the majority. Btw, the character is of Latin descent and grew up in a South American prison, so it makes no sense he sounds like a British documentary narrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clak']Oooo, you hear that guys, I'm in a minority. Scarey shit there. If the majority of people think that Bane's voice fit the character, I'm glad I'm not part of the majority. Btw, the character is of Latin descent and grew up in a South American prison, so it makes no sense he sounds like a British documentary narrator.[/QUOTE]
I personally didn't have a problem with the voice or accent, but I believe that the cartoon got it right. I don't have a problem with what happened to Bane at the end of the movie either when the comic was just as bad/dumb.

[quote name='dohdough']I personally didn't have a problem with the voice or accent, but I believe that the cartoon got it right. I don't have a problem with what happened to Bane at the end of the movie either when the comic was just as bad/dumb.[/QUOTE]
It just didn't sound right, he sounded like a character from Lord of the Rings. I agree, the cartoons actually did better with the voice, the original appearance on TAS was about how I think he should sound.

[quote name='Clak']Oooo, you hear that guys, I'm in a minority. Scarey shit there. If the majority of people think that Bane's voice fit the character, I'm glad I'm not part of the majority. Btw, the character is of Latin descent and grew up in a South American prison, so it makes no sense he sounds like a British documentary narrator.[/QUOTE]

Why are you taking this personal? Calm Down Son. Its all based on personal opinion. By most general consensus, either in this board or others, most people didn't have a problem in which Bane was portrayed in this film.

Its either a Latin accent or a British one: Someone was gona bitch either way.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually agree on the mask. I really think the Luchadore mask would've been better.[/QUOTE]
The Bane mask looked like a left-over, repainted facehugger prop from Alien.

Newsflash: This is the Nolanverse Batman, not a literal comic book translation. The Nolanverse gives you no indication of Bane's origins, only that he was in the prison protecting Talia. If you don't like the way the Nolanverse presents something, fine, but to think it should be exactly like the comic books is a bit nonsensical. Things always change for movies. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. If things in movies were always presented as they were in the comic books, the movies would be a huge God damn mess like comic books are.

I saw in an interview that Nolan didn't have Joker planned for TDKR, and when Heath passed, he decided that he definitely would not include him.

I thought he planed on having the Joker in one more movie after a movie with Two Face. After Ledger died that changed things.

[quote name='sendme']I thought he planed on having the Joker in one more movie after a movie with Two Face. After Ledger died that changed things.[/QUOTE]

What?

So I saw the movie for the 3rd time....this time in D-Box format. Never experienced it before but my thoughts is that it was good during all the hand to hand combat scenes.
That arrow hitting the target near Selina gave the chair a good jolt.

i watched the movie for the second time at a local drive in last night. picture quality there is pretty bad and it's hard to see details during night scenes. I enjoyed it the second time as much as the first. Knowing the twists at the end made it interesting to pick up on the little clues given throughout the movie. I think it's an awesome movie, I like Bane even more as a villian the second time watching.

So I picked up a few more things from the 3rd viewing.
-It seems like everyone's acting in this movie is different than their personalities from the first two.
-Bruce sure does go thru several hairstyles throughout the movie.
-Took 8 years for Alferd to give Bruce that lecture and mentioning Rachel?
-No explanation for why Selina put on the suit?
-No cats in the movie ?
-Gordon being so stupid to keep that confession on him at all times to where Bane gets a hold of it.
-No one punishing Gordon at the end for the coverup and allowing him to keep his job.
-Still don't see a valid reason for Blake to quit the force.
-Bruce learning to fly and fix the Bat SO QUICKLY.
-Selina learning how to operate the Batpod and use it so effectively.
-So many WE tumblers (armed) and no one put two and to together connecting them and Batman's tumbler?
-The government not doing much except sending in the SF.
-Everyone in Blackgate instantly supporting Bane and his army and the decision to stay inside Gotham rather than trying to escape from the bomb.
-The entire population of Gotham still well fed and healthy even after being cut off from the rest of the world.
-Selina knowing exactly where bruce and bane where and just in time to save his ass seconds from having his face blown off.
-Batman walking thru the front door and into a Bane's trap....Batman doesn't trust anyone and he just walks with Catwoman into Bane's trap.
-Bruce just forgiving and forgetting Catwoman's set up. This really bothered me. He just let it go even though her actions, caused Wayne to go broke, set him up into Bane's trap which caused Bane to beat the shit out of him and then having him spend the next 6 months in that hell hole pit...man I would be pissed at that and the only thing that would drive me to live would be revenge against her. I'd kill her when I got back to gotham.
-Not one of Bane's thugs recognizes Bruce when he allowed himself to be captured. Bane's army knows who Bruce/Batman is!!!
-Where the hell was Afred all this time??!?!?
-Bruce installed a computer terminal but never fully developed the batcave?
-Bane's excommunication from the league of shadows by RAG. What exactly did Bane do to piss off Raz?
-So Bane was Talia's protector and lover when she was a child in the pit? ummm...creepy.
-If you have been kicked out of the league, why bother trying to carry out the mission of the former leader (to destroy gotham)?
-Instead of splitting the police force up to capture Bane, they focus on going after batman who in the end gives them the finger when he jumps into the Bat and flies away.
-I am still confused about that body transfer from the opening. If you watch, Bane's men brings down a body bag with a body, Bane sticks an IV into the Dr. guy and then pulls him out.... What was that about?
-How did those guns get passed all the metal detectors in the money exchange?
-What was Bane doing when his thugs brought Gordan?
-Batman begging for his life at the end just before Bane was going to kill him?!?!? whaa?!?!?!

The batcave was truly underused. Remember how the other movies, it had cool gadgets and computers and stuff? It would have been since to see other stuff in the cave.

I just got back from my second viewing. It really is better on the second time around. We'll nothing beats seeing a movie for the first time, but coming out of it again it really is great.

I know it has it's issues, and it does run a little long in the middle, but this movie is great. It may not be as good as either of the other Batman movies, but it really is a great ending to a great series.

I could go either way with a reboot or a continuation with JGL as new batman. All I know is I want more Batman.

Extremely excited for Superman. The DC universe is really relying on this movie being successful, and I really hope it does. DC has a ton of potential, too bad they screwed up Green Lantern to the point where they wish it didn't exist. JLA could have had a nice start. Hopefully going forward they have their shit together.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I picked up a few more things from the 3rd viewing.
-It seems like everyone's acting in this movie is different than their personalities from the first two.
-No cats in the movie ?
-Gordon being so stupid to keep that confession on him at all times to where Bane gets a hold of it.
(Gordon had come straight from the ceremony and hadn't had time to change. He was remembering Batman at the old signal when he was told about the Congressman and then Selina tricked the thugs into using the cell phone to track them.
-No one punishing Gordon at the end for the coverup and allowing him to keep his job.
(He was trying to lead a bunch of kids to safety and the cops "just following orders" blew up their then only chance to escape. The words of Gordon about the burecracy rang so true to Blake and he decided to go with Wayne's route of protecting Gotham.)
(Wayne is nearly as brilliant a mind as Fox, and Fox even jokes if Wayne spent some time on it at the beginning he could probably fix it.)
-So many WE tumblers (armed) and no one put two and to together connecting them and Batman's tumbler?
-Everyone in Blackgate instantly supporting Bane and his army and the decision to stay inside Gotham rather than trying to escape from the bomb.
(He freed them and probably promised them safety. They're not the most rational of people, they followed the Joker and nominated Scarecrow as executioner.)
-The entire population of Gotham still well fed and healthy even after being cut off from the rest of the world.
(Bane had supplies being brought in by the government otherwise he threatened to detonate the bomb. Remember that's how the SF guys got in.)
-Selina knowing exactly where bruce and bane where and just in time to save his ass seconds from having his face blown off.
(She knew he was going to City Hall and since they weren't outside it's pretty easy to know they would be inside.)
-Batman walking thru the front door and into a Bane's trap....Batman doesn't trust anyone and he just walks with Catwoman into Bane's trap.
-Bruce just forgiving and forgetting Catwoman's set up. This really bothered me. He just let it go even though her actions, caused Wayne to go broke, set him up into Bane's trap which caused Bane to beat the shit out of him and then having him spend the next 6 months in that hell hole pit...man I would be pissed at that and the only thing that would drive me to live would be revenge against her. I'd kill her when I got back to gotham.
-Not one of Bane's thugs recognizes Bruce when he allowed himself to be captured. Bane's army knows who Bruce/Batman is!!!
-Bane's excommunication from the league of shadows by RAG. What exactly did Bane do to piss off Raz?
(You answered your own question below. No one is good enough for Talia. In the comics the only one he deemed good enough for her was Batman.)
-So Bane was Talia's protector and lover when she was a child in the pit? ummm...creepy.
(He was just trying to protect the child of his master. When Talia grew up he came to love her since she got him his freedom.)
-If you have been kicked out of the league, why bother trying to carry out the mission of the former leader (to destroy gotham)?
(He was doing the wishes of his lover, Talia, and wanted people to suffer.)
-Instead of splitting the police force up to capture Bane, they focus on going after batman who in the end gives them the finger when he jumps into the Bat and flies away.
(The police chief is wanting the "glory" of capturing Batman to do what Gordon didn't and probably thinks he'll become mayor/famous. Blake chastizes him for ignoring Bane and he ignores him.)
-I am still confused about that body transfer from the opening. If you watch, Bane's men brings down a body bag with a body, Bane sticks an IV into the Dr. guy and then pulls him out.... What was that about?
(Bodies would be too mutilated to identify by looking so they took blood samples and the Dr's blood was in the cadaver.)
(The gunmen were all the janitors, shoeshiners, 99%'ers, etc. and I guess we assume they don't go through the metal detectors in the workers' entrance.)
-Batman begging for his life at the end just before Bane was going to kill him?!?!? whaa?!?!?!

The batcave was truly underused. Remember how the other movies, it had cool gadgets and computers and stuff? It would have been since to see other stuff in the cave.[/QUOTE]

I just saw the movie for the first time and those are the answers I can think of.

[quote name='E_Man']This a dumb question but do any of you guys know where I can buy those Mountain Dew cans with The Dark Knight Rises on them? I'e been to every store and haven't seen one yet.

dew04.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Are they exclusive to theatres? They were at the concession stand when I went to go watch it today.

Edit: I guess it's just sold out in high traffic stores I guess from reading posts after yours.

So watching the movie for the 4th time here are more thoughts...

-Bruce has been out of action for 8 years and using a cane to aid him. I seriously doubt he kept his body in combat ready shape all those years.
-Fox should have given him a new suit to help him be more mobile again (like a nod to batman beyond).
-I liked the nod to the first film where Bruce used his "pre-yelling" batman voice when he was talking to Gordon in the hospital.
-The more I see John Blake, the more I don't like him. This was nolan's way of telling WB/DC , "If you want to continue the batman story, here is his successor and the guy I want to replace Wayne with..."
-Batman goes from being depressed/secluded to ready to get back into action to fight Bane. It's no wonder Batman was defeated by Bane during the first encounter.
-Fox was sure quick to finish, arm and paint the Bat by himself after he showed it to Bruce.
-If the government was monitor the situation up to the detonation, wouldn't their satellites picked up Bruce escaping from the Bat prior to leaving the coast?
-Why would Bruce fake his own death? If the league continues to exist, they would certainly notice someone who looked like Bruce and Selina.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So watching the movie for the 4th time here are more thoughts...

-Bruce has been out of action for 8 years and using a cane to aid him. I seriously doubt he kept his body in combat ready shape all those years.
-Fox should have given him a new suit to help him be more mobile again (like a nod to batman beyond).
-I liked the nod to the first film where Bruce used his "pre-yelling" batman voice when he was talking to Gordon in the hospital.
-The more I see John Blake, the more I don't like him. This was nolan's way of telling WB/DC , "If you want to continue the batman story, here is his successor and the guy I want to replace Wayne with..."
-Batman goes from being depressed/secluded to ready to get back into action to fight Bane. It's no wonder Batman was defeated by Bane during the first encounter.
-Fox was sure quick to finish, arm and paint the Bat by himself after he showed it to Bruce.
-If the government was monitor the situation up to the detonation, wouldn't their satellites picked up Bruce escaping from the Bat prior to leaving the coast?
-Why would Bruce fake his own death? If the league continues to exist, they would certainly notice someone who looked like Bruce and Selina.[/QUOTE]
Bruce faked his death because he was done being batman.

You guys are really over analyzing a movie about Batman.

Also, for anyone saying Bane is Latin American - he's not. His father is King Snake/Edmund Dorrance, a British mercenary. Dorrance was sentenced to prison in Santa Prisca, but Bane served out the sentence instead.

[quote name='JJSP']You guys are really over analyzing a movie about Batman.[/QUOTE]
It's better than analyzing something like Citizen Kane

[quote name='JJSP']You guys are really over analyzing a movie about Batman.

Also, for anyone saying Bane is Latin American - he's not. His father is King Snake/Edmund Dorrance, a British mercenary. Dorrance was sentenced to prison in Santa Prisca, but Bane served out the sentence instead.[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier, I was ready to accept Bane as the son of RAG...until Tate opened her mouth........

[quote name='moon_knight']Bruce faked his death because he was done being batman.[/QUOTE]

Here is how you are done with being batman......blow up your cave and destroy everything Batman related.... remember Alfred said the city needs Bruce more than Batman. He was sure quick to hook up with Selina rather than finding someone else. Yeah...like that relationship is gonna last.

[quote name='moon_knight']I thought he was a pretty good choice.[/QUOTE]

How?

What did he do in the movie that made him "worthy" of the mantel? You gotta do something really big to impress Batman. Trying to lead orphans across a cut off bridge or doing some side detective work doesn't mean you earn the right to wear the cape and cowl.

[quote name='ITDEFX']How?

What did he do in the movie that made him "worthy" of the mantel? You gotta do something really big to impress Batman. Trying to lead orphans across a cut off bridge or doing some side detective work doesn't mean you earn the right to wear the cape and cowl.[/QUOTE]

He figured out who Batman was through not being deceived by the mask that Bruce wears. The ability to read people is something that Bruce has a problem with until he comes across Selina. Think about how many times Batman has been duped in the series. Ra, Talia, and Harvey all make Batman into a fool in some way shape or form because he can't peer into their soul and find their core being.

The core character also aligns heavily with Bruce Wayne's ideals regarding Batman. Blake is an idealist, a moralist, and highly intelligent. All of those characteristics are the foundation for Batman just as moon knight said.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Think about how many times Batman has been duped in the series. Ra, Talia, and Harvey all make Batman into a fool in some way shape or form because he can't peer into their soul and find their core being.[/QUOTE]
He also completely misreads the Joker for about 75% of the movie.

While I didn't have any particular problem with Blake figuring out the Bruce = Batman thing so easily, I still didn't like the character. The only scene of his that I actually enjoyed was him entering the cave at the end. Dropping him and Talia to give us more Selina, Bane, and Gordon would have made the movie a lot better to me.

Though I'll admit Bane's accent would have made zero fucking sense if he'd grown up in the pit. Place didn't seem like it was brimming with English fops.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He figured out who Batman was through not being deceived by the mask that Bruce wears. The ability to read people is something that Bruce has a problem with until he comes across Selina. Think about how many times Batman has been duped in the series. Ra, Talia, and Harvey all make Batman into a fool in some way shape or form because he can't peer into their soul and find their core being.

The core character also aligns heavily with Bruce Wayne's ideals regarding Batman. Blake is an idealist, a moralist, and highly intelligent. All of those characteristics are the foundation for Batman just as moon knight said.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Crotch']He also completely misreads the Joker for about 75% of the movie.

While I didn't have any particular problem with Blake figuring out the Bruce = Batman thing so easily, I still didn't like the character. The only scene of his that I actually enjoyed was him entering the cave at the end. Dropping him and Talia to give us more Selina, Bane, and Gordon would have made the movie a lot better to me.

Though I'll admit Bane's accent would have made zero fucking sense if he'd grown up in the pit. Place didn't seem like it was brimming with English fops.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='moon_knight']I think part of it was that he was an idealist and had resolute morals.[/QUOTE]

You guys bring up some good points. I am sure everyone here agrees that the Blake's "that look" line was just ugh. Bruce has done a pretty good job keeping his secret from everyone..except for telling Dawes in the first movie.. Blake could have easily been working for the league to draw out Bruce and take him out. That car scene , Blake could have shot Bruce and then that's the end of him. There were times I wish it was the kid from the first movie whom batman gave his para-scope thing to. It would have been neat if Blake gave Bruce back the device he gave him years ago.

I don't think he was that intelligent though. Anyone could have had good morals, but basically throughout the movie he did some basic researching and had a lot of luck on his side. What are the chances of Blake finding Gordon at the right time and exit point when Bane's men shot his leg?

Also, does anyone think the "Pit" wasn't the worse place on earth? I don't recall anyone suffering...except for Bruce who just did some work outs and fixed his body to try to escape from the pit. No one beat the crap out of him nor did he have to fight some huge brute every day. He was like "I'm gonna get out of here....", tries and eventually gets out. He just throws the rope back down and free's whatever is not suppose to get out into the world.

[quote name='ITDEFX']There were times I wish it was the kid from the first movie whom batman gave his para-scope thing to. It would have been neat if Blake gave Bruce back the device he gave him years ago.[/quote]
Actually, until he mentioned being an orphan, that's who I thought it was going to be.

[quote name='The Crotch']Actually, until he mentioned being an orphan, that's who I thought it was going to be.[/QUOTE]
There's no way Joffrey from Game of Thrones is going to be Robin.

[quote name='ITDEFX']He was sure quick to hook up with Selina rather than finding someone else. Yeah...like that relationship is gonna last.[/QUOTE]

well, I would have married her after just sitting there watching the movie, so I can't say I blame Bruce there.

[quote name='JJSP']You guys are really over analyzing a movie about Batman.
[/QUOTE]

That just happens with every movie with a lot of people. I pretty much quit taking one of my ex-girlfriends to movies as she'd nit pick the hell out of everything afterwards. Movies are just entertainment for me, and I want to shut off my mind that's exhausted from work and sit back and enjoy. :D

[quote name='moon_knight']Just because he was done,it doesn't mean he didn't want a sucessor.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think he realized Gotham would always need Batman. But he'd given enough to the city and it was time for someone else to step up.

[quote name='dmaul1114']That just happens with every movie with a lot of people. I pretty much quit taking one of my ex-girlfriends to movies as she'd nit pick the hell out of everything afterwards. Movies are just entertainment for me, and I want to shut off my mind that's exhausted from work and sit back and enjoy. :D

Agreed. I think he realized Gotham would always need Batman. But he'd given enough to the city and it was time for someone else to step up.[/QUOTE]

But see he's better off as a cop than as the new batman. If he grew up to study to become a police officer, then he respects the law. Batman went above the law to get the job done. Nothing happened to Blake that said "OH MY GOD I MUST HAVE REVENGE!!!"
Bruce is taking a BIG risk tossing the mantel of the batman over to him. What if Blake doesn't want to be the next Batman? Again he just doesn't seem worthy of being the new Batman. He doesn't have the LoS training, he doesn't seem driven like Bruce was. He doesn't have direct access to Bruce's money. Everything went to pay off Bruce's debts and the rest went to Alfred. Fox now has to rebuild Wayne Enterprises or sell it off.....but then again they should have been able to prove that it was Bane who screwed things up so in the end Wayne should have not have had been in debt.

Gordon should still have been in trouble for keeping the death of Dent a secret all those years. I am surprised that the citizens of Gotham didn't demand his resignation.

Blake saw the corruption in the Gotham PD during his years there (just not shown fully in movie). He saw things weren't getting done through the system and went to Bruce as he know Batman was needed The military not letting the leave the city etc.

He had plenty of reasons to be jaded with the system in my view. But again I mostly just sit back and enjoy movies (especially comic movies and other lighter fare) rather than analyze things to death.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So I picked up a few more things from the 3rd viewing.
Would like a little clarification on that statement, but I think why the characters personalities has changed is due to coping with the past (primarily during Dark Knight). Gordon is dealing with the lie of Harvey Dent, and Wayne is dealing with the death of Rachel Dawes (among other things).
Never really noticed, but one would think Bruce Wayne would've adopted a shorter hair style considering his mask/cowl.
That kinda irked me too, but if that occurred before Dark Knight Rises I think it wouldn't been as meaningful of seeing it playing out in front of the audience. My guess is that Alfred felt it wasn't worth risking mentioning the truth behind Rachel Dawes due to Wayne's reclusive state, and he only felt absolutely necessary tell him when Wayne started to wear his Bat suit again.
No idea either...but I'm not complaining:lol: Also, I thought it was clever to use the goggles as imagery for cat ears.
-No cats in the movie ?
Can we consider Selina Kyle's friend in movie of being the cat? What was the relevance of her character?
Well in his defence he probably didn't expect some huge psychopath to beat him down, and probably doesn't change his clothes too often after his wife left him.
In general I think Gotham had bigger things to worry about, such as rebuilding infrastructures. Also, within the movie it wasn't conclusive to the citizens that Harvey Dent did commit the crimes. For all they, citizens of Gotham, know Bane could've been lying plus him trying to blow up Gotham doesn't bode well for his credibility.
Yea, his character was very underdeveloped. I think the bridge scene with the cops had to be done better to better explain his quitting the force. Maybe a kid dying due to shots fired from the police or something.
Learning to fly didn't bother me as much, but the whole auto pilot has to be fix plot kinda stupid.
LOL, didn't think of this, but yea people of Gotham should connected the tumblers. Well I guess people of Gotham are pretty dumb, but not as dumb as Metropolis.
I think the SF gain entry posing as humanitarian aid, which implies that off camera Bane and his henchmen some how gotten to an agreement with government about emergency aids.
Bruce Wayne wears a Bat suit to fight bat shit insane criminals at night; I think he lost his logic/sanity long ago:lol:
Maybe trying to bang his daughter (which is unlikely)?
I don't think lover (were they lovers?), but the age difference bothers me. Bane should have been much older. I think the whole pit/prison part of the movie breaks Christoper Nolan's 'realistic' interpretation of Batman.
Why bother saving a little girl in a prison? I think it was all for Talia.
I'm pretty sure that this will not work at all, but I think it was in order to fake the doctors death. The blood was for dna testing I guess.
Well we never saw an armed individual walking through the metal detectors, they were already inside or came in after Bane beat up the guards.

The batcave was truly underused. Remember how the other movies, it had cool gadgets and computers and stuff? It would have been since to see other stuff in the cave.[/QUOTE]

This thread has a lot of spoilers, but to be safe the following contains spoilers....

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. Most trilogies has a tendency of falling apart on the third film, but this is far better than the failure it could've been. IMO I don't think it was as good as the Dark Knight. Dark Knight had razor sharp focus, and a story that appealing to fans and non-fans alike. I think Dark Knight Rises lost some its focus due to scope and scale of the film. The story, imo, felt a little bit too predictable for fans and could be a bit baffling for non-fans. Although Tom Hardy's interpretation of Bane's character was excellent, I felt overall that Bane was the weakest villain in all of the triology. I also felt that Talia reveal should have occurred much earlier in the film to be better developed. The ideas/plots they wanted to show in DKR was way too big for a single movie.
The major gripe I had with this movie is how underdeveloped Blake's character was. I think his transition from cop to successor wasn't at all believable. I think his character was rushed to focus in on Bruce Wayne's character.

Also, I know Christopher Nolan mentioned he won't direct the next 'Batman' movie, but with his inclusion of Robin in Dark Knight Rises does that open doors for him to direct a 'Nightwing' movie?

[quote name='bardockkun']There's no way Joffrey from Game of Thrones is going to be Robin.[/QUOTE]
I kinda hope that the kid would become robin/nightwing/batman's successor. It would've been more meaningful, and he did live in the bad part of Gotham so it could be believable that in the course of Batman Begins - DKR he could be orphaned. Perhaps meeting Batman in Batman Begins, losing his parents in Dark Knight, and then being the cop that connects Bruce Wayne to Batman in DKR would've made a stronger 'John Blake' character. Also, I rewatched Batman Begins before watching DKR and I had no idea Joffrey was in Batman Begins.

Perhaps I missed it, but what the hell happens to the teenage girl that works with Selina? Was that Holly, or just... someone? Does she just disappear 2/3 of the way through the movie?[quote name='ITDEFX']Gordon should still have been in trouble for keeping the death of Dent a secret all those years. I am surprised that the citizens of Gotham didn't demand his resignation.[/QUOTE]
For all we know, they did. Or they didn't care since he did the whole save the city thing. Either way, that just wasn't part of the story.

[quote name='The Crotch']Perhaps I missed it, but what the hell happens to the teenage girl that works with Selina? Was that Holly, or just... someone? Does she just disappear 2/3 of the way through the movie?
For all we know, they did. Or they didn't care since he did the whole save the city thing. Either way, that just wasn't part of the story.[/QUOTE]

I think it was suppose to be Holly Robinson. I remembered reading about the recruitment for the part and everyone thought she was going to be robin/batgirl.

That was a real throw away character :roll:

oh why could we not have more cameos!?!?

Ok... so I saw it for the 5th time last night..this time in a REAL IMAX Theater. Funny it was actually cheaper than a Regal or AMC IMAX ticket! BTW..those who have tickets from the mattel promo, they actually work at these museum theaters, but beware that some ticket agents don't know how to follow the instructions on the ticket!

Anyways, yes if you can get to a REAL IMAX theater, it's really worth it! From the opening scene, I felt like I was actually there in the plane or in the car. I think there were about 9-10 full IMAX scenes (scenes lasting over a minute) and there were like a dozen or so quick 1 to 2 second shots. Some scenes were in IMAX that didn't need to be in IMAX like Bruce walking down the stairs to open his own door...huh?

Some more things I picked up...

-Where the hell did Alfred get all that information about Bane? Did he google "BANE" or "The Masked Man"? I doubt he made a call to some of his overseas friends to get that information either.
-Bruce knowing about the bomb's timer when he got back to Gotham and then later asking about it? eh? (editing mistake)
-The pit did not feel like hell on earth where men were sent to suffer and die. BTW how did they get a tv signal down there? Direct tv? LOL.
-What was that castle/fortress behind the pit when Bruce escaped?
-If it was a place where some people have escaped before, wouldn't it been a good idea to place guards at the top?
-When did Batman and Catwoman agreed to meet at that location in the subway?
-Although Bane's thugs were easily taken out by Batman on the way to Bane, no one radio'ed in to alert that he was coming?
-The first Batman/Bane fight...... thoughts:
Batman started with the initial first punch. Mistake #1
While being strangled by Bane, he taunted Bane about the League. There is a pause, Bane gets pissed and brings the hurt to Batman. Mistake #2
Batman showing he is becoming desperate and tired during the fight by yelling and struggling. Also throwing smoke bombs and cutting out the lights doesn't help at all. Mistake #3
Batman not using any of his good gadgets to disable Bane in order to escape and rethink his plan of attack. Mistake #4

-Bane didn't even break a sweat during that fight.
-The military couldn't use smaller drones to watch what was going on?
-Hey what happened to Bruce's car after Selina stole it?
-At that close range Batman should have been hurt by that cannon blast to Bane.
-Bane could have survived the blast...as he was wearing some sort of body armor.
-Those tumblers could have easily have mowed down the police considering how narrow the streets were.

bread's done
Back