Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

[quote name='Maklershed']Cat game? :lol:[/quote]

-2008_9_2219_03_51.jpg

[quote name='mguiddy']Got around what?
Retroactive trophies?
The only ones that were retroactive were the rank/badge/medal and clan trophies. The only reason they were retroactive was all that information is stored on Incog's servers.[/quote]

But all of Burnout Paradise's information was stored on Criterion's Servers, right?

Also, looking for a way to create a Japanese PSN account.

My guess is win 100 online games. So, what would give you the Platinum for EoJ? Sets 2 & 3 are expansions, and shouldn't count towards the Platinum total, right?

[quote name='KingBroly']But all of Burnout Paradise's information was stored on Criterion's Servers, right?

Also, looking for a way to create a Japanese PSN account.[/quote]
They are?
I never bothered to install it yet so I don't know. I would have guessed Burnout's info is stored in a local save file.

Also... look here.

The burnout trophies seem really easy, I've just been playing for a few days and have already picked up a lot just doing normal races and driving around.

I hope the trophy list means SARPBC is coming soon (not that I'm at a loss for psn games right now)

[quote name='happy']The burnout trophies seem really easy, I've just been playing for a few days and have already picked up a lot just doing normal races and driving around.[/quote]

I'm 50/50 on that. On one hand I'm glad that there will be a game most can get a platinum on. On the other I'm kinda miffed that I've gone through this twice, the second time I got 100% and that getting platinum this time you won't have to get 100% in the actual game. Oh well.

EDIT: Smog!

From what I can tell, it seems like Criterion had more trophies planned, but simply ran out of their alloted points and instead of redesigning the trophy list, they left it as is. The lack of a gold trophy for smashing all gates and billboards is what gives me that hint. Needing only the first 50, minus the platinum itself, trophies also adds to that feeling.

It's strange that it doesn't require the trophies for the Cagney and Bikes updates since anyone that can go online to get the trophy patch will also have the ther updates, as well, so it's not much of an issue of those people not having them.

I got 3 Burnout trophies within seconds. I visted the Quarry, got over 50,000 points in the Stunt Run and smashed 60 Billboards. It was pretty awesome.

Hmmmm, this is weird...I suddenly have the urge to call up Progressive with a new T-Mobile cell phone and get myself some insurance :rofl:

The Burger King billboards in Burnout Paradise I don't mind but sponsored achievements/trophies make me cringe. Next they'll be putting in company sponsored skin cars....oh wait...

Nothing all that new, as I know sports games on the 360 have sponsored achievements. I don't really see anything that's a big deal about it. They're just trophies/achievements.

So are Mainichi Issho and Warhawk the only games with retroactive trophies? Maybe this should be listed.

I know they said they were going to be, but I don't expect BC Rearmed to actually get retroactive trophies, now that the Burnout team couldn't do it. I guess it's Sony games only.

That's great news, I'd never thought that GTA IV would ever get a trophy patch. Never got a chance to play the story yet.

Well I would think that giving GTA IV trophies wouldn't be that difficult cause the 360 version already has achievements. I don't think that kind of reward system was built into MGS4. If "Existence" is an upgraded version of MGS4 then that'll most likely have trophy support. Probably very time consuming trophies though if MGS4 ever had any...

[quote name='GodlyOne']That's great news, I'd never thought that GTA IV would ever get a trophy patch. Never got a chance to play the story yet.[/quote]
Ditto... on both counts and now I'm glad about I didn't play it yet.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I don't think that kind of reward system was built into MGS4. If "Existence" is an upgraded version of MGS4 then that'll most likely have trophy support. Probably very time consuming trophies though if MGS4 ever had any...[/QUOTE]That's why trophies are never coming to MGS4. I know very well they won't come because development finished before devs finally got it implemented into their kits. The MGS4 team would have to go through the following to add trophies:
-Decide where to place them.
-Edit the big code for the game placing trophies in various areas.
-Test MGS4 with trophies making sure they work (it could cause some glitch to happen).
-Lock the game save.
-Send it off to be approved by SCE so the patch can go live.

It would take a few months to do it, that's why I don't see them bothering. If there is another MGS4, it will get trophies.

Hmm, maybe I'll buy GTAIV for trophies. ;)

[quote name='mguiddy']Ditto... on both counts and now I'm glad about I didn't play it yet.[/quote]

And I thought that I was the only one. The "finish the main story in under 30 hours" one might be a pain cause I'd end up rushing through instead of taking my time and enjoying the finer details in GTA IV.:whistle2:k

I spent hundreds of hours playing GTA IV on 360 and I'll happily spend another 100+ to get some PS3 trophies :)

Just tell me when!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Hmm, maybe I'll buy GTAIV for trophies. ;)[/quote]
:whistle2:s
Seriously... what did you do with TMK?

[quote name='GodlyOne']And I thought that I was the only one. The "finish the main story in under 30 hours" one might be a pain cause I'd end up rushing through instead of taking my time and enjoying the finer details in GTA IV.:whistle2:k[/quote]
I actually bought it for the multiplayer.:lol:
I didn't see that one...
I guess I'll play through once, enjoying everything, then a speed run.
I don't like when devs do that, "force" replays.

[quote name='GodlyOne']And I thought that I was the only one. The "finish the main story in under 30 hours" one might be a pain cause I'd end up rushing through instead of taking my time and enjoying the finer details in GTA IV.:whistle2:k[/quote]

In my opinion, the game did not live up to its expectations. I can only drive from A to B and kill C so many times. Got old real quickly to me.
Damn, getting to level 10 in MP is gonna be rough. I played the MP for like 3 weeks when it came out and only got to a level 6.

[quote name='smiggity']In my opinion, the game did not live up to its expectations. I can only drive from A to B and kill C so many times. Got old real quickly[/quote]

Agree completly. I'm not sure I could do it again.

Isn't a lot of that stuff on the Rockstar servers/website? I hope the trophies are retroactive (at least some of them). I'll probably just update the game and see what I get. I played enough GTA4.

Wow, I did not expect GTA to get them. I guess it's a good thing that I did not finish the game(or like many of you, barely started it.) Looking forward to them.

[quote name='smiggity']Damn, getting to level 10 in MP is gonna be rough. I played the MP for like 3 weeks when it came out and only got to a level 6.[/quote]
Getting to level 10 in MP is a trophy...
I guess I should actually read the trophy list.

That's going to be hard, only because my rank jumps around all the time.
My rank was nearly five just from playing with CAGs, then I hosted one CAG night, during which I got it to five, now my rank dove to two again.:roll:

They've got to get MGS4 some Trophy action already. BTW, the GTAIV Multiplayer Achievements are quite ridiculous.

[quote name='KingBroly']They've got to get MGS4 some Trophy action already. BTW, the GTAIV Multiplayer Achievements are quite ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Wholly agreed on MGS4.

The only GTAIV multiplayer trophy that seems absurd is the "Kill a Rockstar" one. I hate shit that's left up to chance, especially minimal chance.

MGS 4 trophies would be nice. I want to play the game again, but I feel like I should wait for the trophies first.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wholly agreed on MGS4.

The only GTAIV multiplayer trophy that seems absurd is the "Kill a Rockstar" one. I hate shit that's left up to chance, especially minimal chance.[/quote]

To me it reeks of laziness. They couldn't think of another achievement to take its place? It seems impossible to get. Unless these guys are on 24/7 that achievement shouldn't have been included in the game.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wholly agreed on MGS4.

The only GTAIV multiplayer trophy that seems absurd is the "Kill a Rockstar" one. I hate shit that's left up to chance, especially minimal chance.[/quote]

Its much greater than you think. I believe for the 360 achievement if you kill someone who has killed a Rockstar Dev than you got the trophy.

I wish Konami would get off their ass and get Silent Hill Homecoming some trophies..

Just as long as they arent the ones the 360 has lol

bread's done
Back