Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because Dylan Jobe said you wouldn't need the expansions to get it.

They're in the order that they are listed in on the XMB trophy list.[/quote]
I didn't see that about the Platinum Trophy before...

I get what you're asking now...:drool:
Five hours of sleep and no migraine really helps with comprehension.

Hit List is 26
Anti Camper is 27

I'll let you know on the rest in a little bit.

Daredevil is 29
Reckless is 44
Green Line is 45

So Minesweeper must be 43

Also, I'm fairly certain the only ones that are retroactive are the clan, medal, badge, and rank ones. The badge, medal, and rank should be given upon logging in (Online on the main menu) but you have to go to the clan page to get the clan ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mguiddy']I didn't see that about the Platinum Trophy before...

I get what you're asking now...:drool:
Five hours of sleep and no migraine really helps with comprehension.

Hit List is 26
Anti Camper is 27

I'll let you know on the rest in a little bit.

Daredevil is 29
Reckless is 44
Green Line is 45

So Minesweeper must be 43

Also, I'm fairly certain the only ones that are retroactive are the clan, medal, badge, and rank ones. The badge, medal, and rank should be given upon logging in (Online on the main menu) but you have to go to the clan page to get the clan ones.[/quote]
Thanks.

I am very slowly becoming a trophy whore. I was playing around with some CAGs yesterday and I easily got over 10 trophys in about an hour.

http://pain.us.playstation.com/post/2008/09/That-5th-C…Community.aspx

Though the new Pain level's been pushed back a week, the devs have taken the time to rework some of the harder trophies to make them less insane.

GOLD TROPHIES
  • King of Pain: Get All Downtown Trophies plus Trill and Grenade-a-Maid
  • Affliction Addiction: Get One 100 Million Points in Downtown (Change from 1 Billion)

SILVER TROPHIES

• Harder Dick's Balls: Get all of Dicks Balls in the Block Party Dumpster w/o reset
  • Rodeo Clown: Use Ed to Explode 500 barrels in Clown Toss (Change from 5,000)
  • Ninja pwn: Hit the Target Stuffed Ninja in every Amusement Park Mode
  • 2 Mill Club: Get "Pain in the Park" and "D-Town Destruction" (Change from 10 Mil)
  • Trill: Get Painful Bullseye Trophy with Scurv Dogg or Hung Lo add-on characters (Instead of Tosser)

BRONZE TROPHIES

• Dude Abides: Use "The Dude" to score 30 Strikes in Bowling (Change from 50 Strikes)
  • D-Town Destruction: Get 2,000,000 score in Paindemonium and Aftermath (Change from 10 million)
  • Pain in the Park: Get 2,000,000 score in Abusement and After Hours (Change from 10 million)
  • Combo Mambo: Get 15x Combo in Paindemonium, Aftermath, Block Party, Demolition (Change from 20x)
  • Horsin' a Clown: Take the Clown for a ride on the Roller Coaster
  • Glutton: Make 30 "Eat It!" shots in "Call da Shot"
  • Constipated: Get 100 Strikes in Bowling (Change from 250 Strikes)
  • Pain and Mane: Play 100 Games of Trauma or Horse
  • Attention Spam: Get every type of PAIN (Groin, Head, Arm, Hand, Leg, Foot and Body) combo in Paindemonium, Aftermath, Block Party, Demolition.
  • Grenade-a-Maid: Get Exploded 200 times with any female launchable add-on character*(Change from 500 times)

I caught a glimpse of some trophies in the new PSN trailer for Jeopardy:

"Daily Double Dominator" - Answer 25 Daily Double questions correctly
"Risk Taker" - Bet it all and win in Final Jeopardy
"Show Boat" - Win the game with $15,000 or more
"The Master" - Win the game with $25,000 or more
"Role Model" - Cumulative score of $100,000

(Are these "real" trophies or in-game junk?)

(And where the hell is Alex Trebek?)

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/04/the-most-epic-jeopardy-trailer-ever/

(Trophy info starts around 1:14.)

I've got a question/situation and I'm wondering if anybody can help me out.

I have a friend who has a crappy DSL connection because its the only thing available in his apartment complex. His upload speeds do not meet the minimum requirements to host a ranked dedicated Warhawk server, so he can't earn the Bandwidth Donor trophy, which I think is a pretty common situation.

Anyway, I already had his PSN info on my system for gamesharing purposes, so we decided I could just fire up a ded. server on my system, while logged in as him. It worked fine, the trophy shows up, it shows the date and time it was earned and everything. So, I think cool, done deal and I tell him. Just a few days ago though, he tells me that he doesn't have the trophy. I just got on his profile on my PS3, and its still there when I look.

So, I think what's happening is that when he signs on to the PSN from his own PS3, the trophy data is syncing up and the trophy that he earned from my system is going away. Anybody dealt with this before or have any idea how to get around it?

Dunno what to tell you.

I want to extend the invitation to trophy whores to gather the Warhawk Warlord (clan leader) trophy.

I've set up a clan called "CAG2" - we're going to build up to ten folks, pass around the clan leadership, and then have a clan match against CAG for that trophy (and for fun, haha) as well.

PM me if you're interested. I still have 3 slots open.

[quote name='mkernan']I've got a question/situation and I'm wondering if anybody can help me out.

I have a friend who has a crappy DSL connection because its the only thing available in his apartment complex. His upload speeds do not meet the minimum requirements to host a ranked dedicated Warhawk server, so he can't earn the Bandwidth Donor trophy, which I think is a pretty common situation.

Anyway, I already had his PSN info on my system for gamesharing purposes, so we decided I could just fire up a ded. server on my system, while logged in as him. It worked fine, the trophy shows up, it shows the date and time it was earned and everything. So, I think cool, done deal and I tell him. Just a few days ago though, he tells me that he doesn't have the trophy. I just got on his profile on my PS3, and its still there when I look.

maybe the problem is that when he was playing the game, he was logged in as himself, but he must have been using a different game save, a game save that's on your console and not his, thus i think that's why he doesn't have the trophy.

So, I think what's happening is that when he signs on to the PSN from his own PS3, the trophy data is syncing up and the trophy that he earned from my system is going away. Anybody dealt with this before or have any idea how to get around it?[/QUOTE]

yeah that's a big problem, its like if you get a new console you lose all you trophies. Sony has stated the past that trophies are supposed to be linked to your user name.. not to the console.

[quote name='mkernan']I've got a question/situation and I'm wondering if anybody can help me out.

So, I think what's happening is that when he signs on to the PSN from his own PS3, the trophy data is syncing up and the trophy that he earned from my system is going away. Anybody dealt with this before or have any idea how to get around it?[/quote]

Well, now I'm a little more confused. I signed in as my friend, earned the trophy for a 4 hour dedicated server. Now, he's been home and signed into the PSN on his own PS3 since then and the trophy is still there. The only thing I can think of is that maybe its going to take it away once he either views (and thus syncs) his trophy data or fires up Warhawk. Not sure, guess I'll find out soon enough.

Downloading it now and it seems like it's either a huge patch or it's like Super Stardust HD, which has you essentially redownloading the game over again. Either way, it's a 263 MB file, so don't download it while expecting to be playing seconds later.

Edit: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/08/novastrike-update-brings-trophies-right-now/

Here are the trophies for NovaStrike:

1. Heralder No More - Destroy a Heralder carrier on any difficulty - Bronze
2. Broken Falchion - Shoot down a Falchion destroyer on any difficulty - Bronze
3. Champion of Praxor - Finish the second stage on any difficulty - Bronze
4. Destroyer - Destroy 500 aerial opponents on any difficulty - Bronze
5. Defender of Khara - Finish the fourth stage on any difficulty - Bronze
6. Ground Sweeper - Destroy 200 Draelus ground structures on any difficulty - Bronze
7. Searer Extinguished - Destroy the Searer on Tolak on any difficulty
- Bronze
8. Master of Arms - Unlock the final ship on any difficulty - Bronze
9. Savior of Tolak - Finish the sixth stage on any difficulty - Bronze
10. Challenger - Defeat the game on RECRUIT difficulty or higher - Silver
11. Reckoning Force
- Defeat the game on SOLDIER difficulty or higher - Silver
12. Unstoppable - Defeat the game on VETERAN difficulty or higher - Silver
13. Legendary - Defeat the game on HARDCORE difficulty or higher - Silver
14. Secret
15. Secret
16. Secret

It seems that it'll essentially erase any progress you made before, so you have to start over again when trying to continue the campaign. Also, the trophies for beating the game on a difficulty do unlock the difficulties below it so you don't need to beat it four times to get all of those trophies.

I see socom on the upcoming list but no link? Sup with it?

looked up some info, I guess there will be! In game ones I assume will be same as tied to PSN acct trophies.

I know this sounds silly but I'm thinking about waiting on my Fallout 3 purchase for trophy support. It's not like I'm going to have a shortage of games to play.. haha I have LBP and then need to pick out an online shooter and then a single player RPG.. wish Valkryia had trophy support at launch

[quote name='mkernan']Well, now I'm a little more confused. I signed in as my friend, earned the trophy for a 4 hour dedicated server. Now, he's been home and signed into the PSN on his own PS3 since then and the trophy is still there. The only thing I can think of is that maybe its going to take it away once he either views (and thus syncs) his trophy data or fires up Warhawk. Not sure, guess I'll find out soon enough.[/quote]

Well... I dunno what the hell the problem was before, but now my friend has both played Warhawk and viewed his own trophies, and its still showing up. So, I guess it was just a fluke before.

Pain's Trophies suck. If you haven't unlocked every mode in Downtown yet, I suggest you don't even bother with the update. Because they are terrible. Just terrible. They are truly worse than Warhawk's Trophies.

PAIN (and SSHD) trophies are a perfect example of why sony's trophy system sucks. Most of the trophies require me to purchase something else. A perfect example is the stupid PAIN trophy called grenade-a-maid or whatever... requiring me to have a purchased character to even be eligible for one of the very FEW trophies put up. $.99 sure... but it's still retarded.

With the exception of Uncharted, and a few SSHD and Warhawk trophies, Sony's trophies are too hard. Developers on the 360 have learned for the most part, except the Japanese that people like achievements, and will not make them unbearably tough to get like Trophies. I'm sure this fall there will be a load of easy to get trophies but those will be multiplatform, and most people will get them on the 360.

In Pain, you have to download a expansion and 2 characters ($8 total) to get the majority of the game's achievements. Also, you have to do a lot of crap in order to be able to attempt them.

In Warhawk, you don't need the expansions to get the Platinum Trophy, but for the majority of trophies, you need all 3 map packs (2 of which should've dropped in price). Not to mention the Dedicated Server trophy (which I'm currently doing).

In PJE, the trophies are hard just because of the time limit (which takes away from how good the game is)

I've heard Buzz has some simple trophies, but it's probably just a rental at best. Uncharted has the best trophies. They're not too tough, but they're not too simple either. Also, when Final Fantasy XIII comes out, except the hardest trophies/achievements to get this generation.

You don't need the booster packs to get the majority of Warhawk's trophies, just 12 of the 57, and they're not factored into the Platinum trophy any way.

The majority of SSHD's trophies aren't that hard, though the values may be a little misleading. Most of Uncharted's trophies are simple enough to get because you'll get them through simple perserverance. Warhawk's trophies are nicely varied and reward the dedicated players more than the boosters. PixelJunk Eden's trophies are the toughest of all of the games out there right now, but from what I've heard, you can still get them in co-op if you need some help. The time limit doesn't ruin the game by any means. NovaStrike's are simple enough, though the game itself is rather difficult. It's the initial crop of games that's the issue more than the trophies themselves since SSHD, PJE, and Novastrike are hard games, so the trophies aren't going to be cakewalks to get just because of that key issue. I'm not sure why every game's trophies needs to be easy to get since you should need some skill to get the majority of a game's trophies.

[quote name='dyeknom']PAIN (and SSHD) trophies are a perfect example of why sony's trophy system sucks. Most of the trophies require me to purchase something else. A perfect example is the stupid PAIN trophy called grenade-a-maid or whatever... requiring me to have a purchased character to even be eligible for one of the very FEW trophies put up. $.99 sure... but it's still retarded.[/quote]
The same thing happens on the 360, which sucks for those who don't want to buy the DLC, but it's not the end of the world. It'll become less of an issue when more games come out with trophy support at launch.

Which trophies requires add-ons for PAIN? I'll make a note on the list.

[quote name='KingBroly']
In Warhawk, you don't need the expansions to get the Platinum Trophy, but for the majority of trophies, you need all 3 map packs (2 of which should've dropped in price). Not to mention the Dedicated Server trophy (which I'm currently doing).
[/quote]
The most bullshit trophies in Warhawk are Lone Wolf and Cowboy.
I wanna see someone legitimately get those things.
Wait a minute
...:roll:
They had to be thinking of Dogfight games... I could actually see that happening.

12 out of 57 is hardly a majority.

I guess I looked at it the wrong way then. Sorry. I have a list where it retracts the ones I have. Stupid me. It's still a good chunk though. And the rank trophies are terrible. You shouldn't have to get a General to get a Trophy.

I have every NA trophy game so my opinions-

Super Stardust HD- Hard trophies but all attainable with skill and deviousness. Good implementation. People complain about the add-on trophies so my solution is this:

DON'T SHOW THE ADD-ON TROPHIES IF I DON'T HAVE THE ADD-ON. THAT WAY I CAN GET 100% in the full game without bullshit complaining. It's okay for add-ons to have trophies but to make it seem like you're missing out for not paying for overpriced stuff is bullshit. That said I do own both expansions . I regret the second one.

Pixeljunk Eden- Ridiculously difficult trophies. The implementation is fine though. No add-on BS is a plus.

Uncharted- Exactly what trophies/achievements should be. They even get you in game bonuses! One trophy (crushing) is quite difficult so you get accomplishment out of getting a platinum but it's a pretty fair gig. Awesome.

Warhawk- So much effort into the trophies. Each one being unique is pretty awesome. Some are way too ridiculous but the ones that are about cool moments in the game are pretty sweet. And it has the best add-on trophies (I love the add-on trophies). If the next firmware would just fix the add-on implementation (hide until I buy it) they would be a great example of add-on trophy implementation.

Novastrike- They have the word trophy in the trophy section. Major flaw. I want to get rid of this game just for that. Trophies are basic but pretty good.

Pain- Here's the thing: The game already has a trophy system. But they added a separate one thats simply repetitive, confusing (I have to buy what and do what?), and really weak.

If you want to buy a game with trophies I suggest Warhawk/Uncharted. Best ones and since the DL games come with so little trophies you're leveling up won't be affected by skipping the DLs. Though Eden and SSHD should be picked up anyway.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Which trophies requires add-ons for PAIN? I'll make a note on the list.[/quote]

Pain in the Park
Horsin' a Clown
Grenade-a-Maid (Female Character required)
Ninja pwn
Rodeo Clown
Trill (Scurv Dogg or Hung Lo required)
2-Mill Club

The ones I didn't mention in the above list require the Amusement Park add-on.

Pain trophys are not that bad, considering the absurdity of some of the In-game trophies. Just more of a grind it out style. It just takes a little getting used to.

I like getting trophies and so gameplay ones are good, I don' care for ones that make you go out of your way to do something b/c then I end up doing that. I can't help myself.

But I agree with frisky, getting a trophy for general is a good trophy! Trophies aren't ALL meant to be obtained through one or a few playthroughs, they're a reward system. If someone gets to the top rank, why not have something to show for it that YOU (as in someone else) doesn't have? Trophies = bragging rights.. right? I mean if I worked hard on something, I'd like the reward, and it's a good way to compare who is on your level, or not =)

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't think you should have to play a game for 1000 hours to get a single Trophy or Achievement.[/quote]

But this isn't a single player game asking you to put in useless hours. Warhawk is online only, so it's not unreasonable to expect that some people will play a lot, and they should be rewarded for reaching the highest rank.

[quote name='happy']But this isn't a single player game asking you to put in useless hours. Warhawk is online only, so it's not unreasonable to expect that some people will play a lot, and they should be rewarded for reaching the highest rank.[/quote]

Also, Warhawk's rank system is pretty ridiculous. Not only do you need 275,000 points (so 275 points every hour for 1000 hours) but you need to be active as well.

[quote name='KingBroly']Also, Warhawk's rank system is pretty ridiculous. Not only do you need 275,000 points (so 275 points every hour for 1000 hours) but you need to be active as well.[/QUOTE]

BUT, for the guy that does that? AWESOME for him. One of the few and he can show that off with his trophy and rank =) It's there whether or not trophies were there anyway.

Finally got the Uncharted platinum. Oh and anyone going for the PAIN trophy that wants you to find the stuffed ninja in every game mode might as well give up now. It is damn near unattainable since you also need to find him in each Clown Toss difficulty mode, and unlocking the Platinum Club is rough.

Also, Eye of Judgement getting trophies in October.

[quote name='smiggity']Finally got the Uncharted platinum. Oh and anyone going for the PAIN trophy that wants you to find the stuffed ninja in every game mode might as well give up now. It is damn near unattainable since you also need to find him in each Clown Toss difficulty mode, and unlocking the Platinum Club is rough.

Also, Eye of Judgement getting trophies in October.[/QUOTE]

Good job getting all of the trophies in Uncharted!:applause: I wish I would have kept that game. I'll pick it up again at some point..

bread's done
Back