Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

[quote name='StrandedBrit']No trophies for GHWT. Link.[/quote]No big deal, I'll have enough problems getting the Rock Band trophies. Just one less game to worry about getting 100 percent on expert in everything.

I didn't know RB2 was gonna have trophies.

I'm approaching abandoning hope at getting Warhawk platinum. I just don't have the time to get 275000 points. I'm barely above 2000 as it is.

[quote name='mykevermin']I didn't know RB2 was gonna have trophies.

I'm approaching abandoning hope at getting Warhawk platinum. I just don't have the time to get 275000 points. I'm barely above 2000 as it is.[/quote]

The fact that you even had hope says you are one optimistic son of a gun. I gave up as soon as I saw what was needed, and I am at ~22,000 pts. Hell, I gave up getting up to 25,000 rank. fuck it, its too much work.

You could get it if you cheated with the...whatever they call it, when two players toss a CTF flag back and forth for 30 minutes.

But then you'd still need all those medals, and 1000 kills with each weapon, etc.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: I've had the RB2 trophies in the OP for a few weeks now.[/quote]

my fault is that I barely read OPs and read the tail end of threads usually >_

[quote name='mykevermin']You could get it if you cheated with the...whatever they call it, when two players toss a CTF flag back and forth for 30 minutes.

But then you'd still need all those medals, and 1000 kills with each weapon, etc.[/quote]
They took the ability to drop flags a while ago, though I do believe you get points for picking up a core, so you could do it with those.

I dont even know why they would announce it like it is some big deal. EVERY game that comes out in 2009 better have trophies. I guess they gotta get press whenever they can though

[quote name='mykevermin']Mainichi Issho!

Sweet. I'm gonna go get those soon. Way too easy.

BTW, the title is free to download on the JPN store.[/quote]

yeah, I loaded it up tonight and within less than 5 min got them all... thanks to retroactive stuff.

Incredible Speed! - Travel at incredible speed
Incredible Height! - Travel to an incredible height
FIRST! - Be among the first 10 people to complete a community level
Just Beginning - Complete all the main path story levels
20X Multiplier! - Get a 20X Multiplier
Hi Score - Collect 1,000,000 points over all levels you have played
Booty Master - Collect all the prize bubbles on the story levels
Dr Frankenstein - Create a living creature with at least 2 eyes, 2 legs or wheels, and a brain
Crowd Pleaser - A level you published was played by 50 or more people
Feel the Love - A level you published was hearted by 10 or more people
Celebrity - You were hearted by 5 or more people as a player
Play - Complete all story levels without dying, with the exception of those levels that only end when you die
Create - A level you published was hearted by 50 or more people and you were hearted by 30 or more people

These LBP trophies, to me at least, stand out as the hardest, especially Play.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=349

Burnout's trophies are coming alongside the release of the PSN version this Thursday, so start up your game on Thursday and you can start collecting trophies.[/quote]

I read that too but from what I saw it never specifically stated they would be there on thursday. I think the word they used was "imminent". I guess we will find out for sure when they post on the blog.

Starting the game will then immediately trigger the download of all our updates, including the recent Cagney Pack and Burnout Bikes. A pack delivering PS3 Trophy Support will be released imminently and included for free.

I translate this to mean trophy support already in the psn version. Disc version to get it between right now and availibity of psn version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Burnout's trophies come this week. I just got the game last sat and already have most if not all of the bike trophies. Hehe now I need to work on the car part of the game.

Its cool to see the Burnout Paradise got trophies, its too bad they werent offered sooner but htem being retro is very nice. Because i know i put in about 92 hours on my 360 version and still only have 850 points.

All in all im glad i can start buying more multi platform games on the PS3 due to trophy support now.

The reason they didn't come sooner is because of all of the updates they were probably working on by the time they got word of the trophies, so they had to slot it in after they finish some of that other stuff first.

The Burnout Paradise Trophy Patch is out, and apparently, they ain't retroactive. People are guessing Criterion screwed up.

EDIT: Not an error, Criterion pisses off PS3 owners, confirmed: http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=350

Burnout Paradise saves are locked to your profile. We had hoped to use this to retroactively award trophies, but we discovered during testing that this is not possible. You will therefore require a fresh game-save to receive trophies in Burnout Paradise. If you're familiar with PS3 trophies already, you'll recognise that this works in the same way as all other games that have added trophy support post-release.

[quote name='KingBroly']The Burnout Paradise Trophy Patch is out, and apparently, they ain't retroactive. People are guessing Criterion screwed up.

EDIT: Not an error, Criterion pisses off PS3 owners, confirmed: http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=350[/quote]

Ok this sucks major. You are right this will piss A LOT of people off...I'm debating to say screw the trophies or just start over.

I remember Eric Lempel of SCE himself trophies are not retroactive in any way. I remember Criterion said it was possible, but what makes me wonder is IF they actually did any Trophy implementation back in July. My bet is they didn't.

For those who may really like their game save, I recommend they copy it to a USB flash drive first or whatever storage medium to at least keep it.

However, I never got prompted to download the patch.

I think you can make a new game save without affecting your old one by making a new user account (leftmost option on the XMB,) am I right? I think all users have their save games stored separately.

edit:
Send a Mugshot or Smugshot Awarded for sending a "Mugshot" or "Smughot" to another player during an online game (requires a USB camera to be connected).

So you need to have a USB camera to get all the trophies, and therefore platinum? Also BS.

Well, I'm a bit bummed that its not retroactive. I'm more aggravated that they waited until the day the patch was released to break that news. For me personally, I'm not too bent out of shape though, as I hadn't spent a massive amount of time with the game yet (too many games to play). I'll just start over and start earning trophies.

Aww, poor wittwe tooties have to PLAY A fuckIN GAME again.

I DON'T WANNA PLAY!

(tho' I sympathize with the "delayed announcement" crowd a shade)

Heh, I haven't even picked up Burnout yet, I consider myself fortunate trophy wise :D

If trophies aren't going to be retroactive, then what's the news on Bionic Commando? I heard trophies were coming but also would be retroactive :whistle2:k

Btw, trophy system needs work

[quote name='Inf^Shini']If trophies aren't going to be retroactive, then what's the news on Bionic Commando? I heard trophies were coming but also would be retroactive :whistle2:k[/quote]

Well, then I guess they're not going to be retroactive. I've intentionally put an embargo on my BC:Rearmed playing until trophies come out. Yes, I'm that lame.

[quote name='mkernan']Well, then I guess they're not going to be retroactive. I've intentionally put an embargo on my BC:Rearmed playing until trophies come out. Yes, I'm that lame.[/QUOTE]

Your not the only one.;)

I wonder how the Warhawk people got around it.

I bet the Online Challenges in BC:R are retroactive, if anything is.

[quote name='KingBroly']I wonder how the Warhawk people got around it.

I bet the Online Challenges in BC:R are retroactive, if anything is.[/quote]

I sure as hell hope so. I wasted a ton of time on those and still only have kije 1-40 completed. Someone on CAG actually has completed every single one.

[quote name='smiggity']I sure as hell hope so. I wasted a ton of time on those and still only have kije 1-40 completed. Someone on CAG actually has completed every single one.[/QUOTE]
I'm #7 overall but still climbing ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']I wonder how the Warhawk people got around it.

I bet the Online Challenges in BC:R are retroactive, if anything is.[/quote]
Got around what?
Retroactive trophies?
The only ones that were retroactive were the rank/badge/medal and clan trophies. The only reason they were retroactive was all that information is stored on Incog's servers.

bread's done
Back