Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

[quote name='8bitArtist']props for joe danger man. to 100% that game is fuckin brutal[/QUOTE]
See, I don't mind getting 100% in games like that -- where you don't have to work to try to get a trophy for the sake of getting a trophy. I would've gotten 100% without ever looking at the trophy list, because everything is linked to an in-game accomplishment.

Same with FFXIII-2. When I had finished doing everything I had wanted to do (sidequests, finding secrets, etc.), after nearly 100 hours, I only had two trophies left to get. All but one trophy actually makes sense in the course of the game.

So yes, while 100% might be hard to get if that's your only goal, both of them took little to no effort beyond what I would have normally put into the game anyways, being a completionist when it comes to in-game content.

It's also cool that trophies in FFXIII-2 unlocks themes.

I do not recall coming across this thread before. I am not surprised that there are a lot of other trophy hunters that are also CAGs. Hard to play a lot of games if you have to break the bank to do it.

Do any of you guys work together to boost crazy online trophies? I ask because many times buying older games to get them for cheap means finding a partner on the trophy sites might be a bit more difficult. Generally, I try and stay away from games with online requirements, but some games are just too interesting to avoid.

yeah. sometimes i have to buy 2 copies or buy1rent1 so i can boost with my wife. that's if the online is superdead or if co-op is fun or whatever. rdr co op was a blast, but kane n lynch co op or hunted co op was meh. lol

trying to get zombie co op trophies in black ops will test any friendship ;)

i don't know if any hardcore trophy hunters are on this site, but i missed a few invites into the trophy hunters league. starts up july 1st competition. most trophies gained by 4 person teams. you must have been a member on ps3trophies.org for 3 months and 250+ posts, so that knocks most people out, but if you are down hit me up or chat with me on here and we can try it out in the next few days if we get 4. peace

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/trophy-hunters-league/161577-thl-team-sign-up-thread.html

[quote name='Velo214']i don't know if any hardcore trophy hunters are on this site, but i missed a few invites into the trophy hunters league. starts up july 1st competition. most trophies gained by 4 person teams. you must have been a member on ps3trophies.org for 3 months and 250+ posts, so that knocks most people out, but if you are down hit me up or chat with me on here and we can try it out in the next few days if we get 4. peace

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/trophy-hunters-league/161577-thl-team-sign-up-thread.html[/QUOTE]

I would do it, but I don't post enough over there to be able to be on a team. I am a read more post less type.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Finally platinumed Amazing Spider-Man. Not a hard game to platinum, but damn, there are a lot of collectables. Did not enjoy finding all of them.[/QUOTE]

How I abhor collectibles. I can only stand so much and in a sandbox game, forget about it. Although I'll always remember the sheer joy I felt when I accidentally found all the Blast Shards in inFamous 1 without a guide.

Now I'm working on Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Good God, this game is atrocious.

Ugh, just two more trophies until Arcana Heart 3 plat, one of which seems virtually impossible. My hands might literally bleed from the amount of mashing/sliding i'm doing to my fight stick.

Just platinumed SSFIV trials and from c to shining c took me too much time but after 2 years it is done

Better late than never right?

In the same boat as you actually, all I need to do is find someone to help me with the Team Lobby trophy and the plat is mine, lol.

I platinumed Uncharted 3 and Lego Batman 2 last week, and the GF platinumed Lego Harry Potter 1-4.

I have a crazy amount of respect and admiration for anyone who can platinum a fighting game. I love fighters, but I am such a flailing button masher that I can never do any of the online stuff.

Actually, I'm a pretty terrible gamer all around, which is why if there's a multiplayer component to a game, it's almost a guarantee that I'll never plat it. :p

I cant believe i never saw this thread before. Looks like I found a new home...

Sound Shapes for Vita was a fairly quick platinum. Not easy mind you, the death modes took a lot of tries, but I platinumed it in a few days. Once they fix the sync issue, I can get the ps3 platinum too.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']
Now I'm working on Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Good God, this game is atrocious.[/QUOTE]

I got to the train boss segment, and could never beat it. The controls were so fucking bad, it infuriated me, so I gave up instead of breaking my playstation.

I had stopped checking this thread for a while because it seemed dead. Pretty good burst of activity lately.

I recently finished Alone in the Dark myself. It definitely had it's hard moments due to the terrible controls. The train monster part took me a few tries, but later in the game (last level actually) there is a maze sort of thing that is essentially timed. I wondered for a while if I would be able to do it with the controls. Took me probably 20 times due to falling off edge or just not making it fast enough and getting crushed.

I ended up joining that competition on ps3trophies. Currently the number 2 individual in the competition. I have gotten 30 platinums since July 1st when I only had 64 in the 2 plus years before.

At the moment working through Majin. I did not know what to expect from this game at all and I have really liked it. Reminds me a lot of Darksiders with more backtracking and collecting. One of the games I would likely have never played if not for the competition that I am glad I tried.

[quote name='Donburiboy']I platinumed Uncharted 3 and Lego Batman 2 last week, and the GF platinumed Lego Harry Potter 1-4.

I have a crazy amount of respect and admiration for anyone who can platinum a fighting game. I love fighters, but I am such a flailing button masher that I can never do any of the online stuff.

Actually, I'm a pretty terrible gamer all around, which is why if there's a multiplayer component to a game, it's almost a guarantee that I'll never plat it. :p[/QUOTE]

Well it took me 2 years and some weeks to plat that game I am not a fighting gamer per se, you can imagine me doing trials with a d-pad controller the normal dualshock3 I spent one time 7 hours doing the trial 24 of Ryu which was the first character I tried to do 2 years ago.

I sucked at it, then 1 year past and I decided to get the fightstick and decided to train and that I will come back someday to get them all and it was this summer I trained hard for it and it paid off. So my advice never give up.

Like for example when I 100% Alien Zombie Megadeath no one had achieved unlock all medals the hardest level is 31-alpha took me 1 week to know the correct order to beat it then finally all trophies done.

It's because I like hard challenges that I do what I do

[quote name='Donburiboy']I platinumed Uncharted 3 and Lego Batman 2 last week, and the GF platinumed Lego Harry Potter 1-4.

Actually, I'm a pretty terrible gamer all around, which is why if there's a multiplayer component to a game, it's almost a guarantee that I'll never plat it. :p[/QUOTE]

Tekken 6 was pretty easy, and I'm not an expert at fighters.

[quote name='8bitArtist']im just gonna plat disney games anymore[/QUOTE]

Good luck with 4,982,583 collectibles.

I play "kiddie" games with my girlfriend for easy trophies, but we get bored so quickly with them so they need to be over fast.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Good luck with 4,982,583 collectibles.

I play "kiddie" games with my girlfriend for easy trophies, but we get bored so quickly with them so they need to be over fast.[/QUOTE]

uh, yeah, a good chunk of games have a lot of collectibles. christ the new spider man game has 700. thats the most ive ever seen in a game.

[quote name='8bitArtist']uh, yeah, a good chunk of games have a lot of collectibles. christ the new spider man game has 700. thats the most ive ever seen in a game.[/QUOTE]

700? Holy crap! I'll probably never play that then. I though the 200 in Uncharted: Golden Abyss was obscene. Only thing I hate more than relying on other people for a trophy is collecting bullshit for no good reason.

I just got the platinum in assassins creed revelations that makes all the games with platinum now I can't wait for the third one. Next up for me will be borderlands 2

[quote name='8bitArtist']uh, yeah, a good chunk of games have a lot of collectibles. christ the new spider man game has 700. thats the most ive ever seen in a game.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, Enslaved looked like it was going to be a pretty hassle free and fun plat, at least 'til I saw that you needed 1.6k collectibles for it.
I thought Infamous 1's blast shards were terrible, and there were only 350 of those little buggers...

[quote name='razrvamp']I just got the platinum in assassins creed revelations that makes all the games with platinum now I can't wait for the third one. Next up for me will be borderlands 2[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to do the multiplayer tropies for Brotherhood, but it's WAY harder than the multiplayer trophies for Revelations. I hope AC3 doesn't have difficult MP stuff...

But it's still fun to play. I never thought AC would be any good as a multiplayer experience. Now I wonder what God of War will be like. It looks a little bit like an M-rated Smash Bros. so far...

[quote name='Hente']Oh man, Enslaved looked like it was going to be a pretty hassle free and fun plat, at least 'til I saw that you needed 1.6k collectibles for it.
I thought Infamous 1's blast shards were terrible, and there were only 350 of those little buggers...[/QUOTE]

infamous wasnt terrible because you just run around and constantly ping the map. enslaved sucked because you had no idea where the hell you missed an orb. especially in i believe stage 5 where youre riding around on your board in the ocean.

doing jak and daxter right now, really getting burnt out of all the collectibles in every single game anymore.

[quote name='8bitArtist']infamous wasnt terrible because you just run around and constantly ping the map. enslaved sucked because you had no idea where the hell you missed an orb. especially in i believe stage 5 where youre riding around on your board in the ocean.

doing jak and daxter right now, really getting burnt out of all the collectibles in every single game anymore.[/QUOTE]

inFamous wasn't terrible until you only had a few shards left - I think I quit after having only 3 remaining. 5 hours with a print out of all the shard locations and still couldn't find them.

inFamous 2's upgraded shard detector was awesome.

My two biggest trophy pet peeves are collectibles and difficulties that don't stack. Seriously, I don't want to have play the game more than once just to get a stinking trophy, especially if said game sucked the first go round.

[quote name='Tsel']My two biggest trophy pet peeves are collectibles and difficulties that don't stack. Seriously, I don't want to have play the game more than once just to get a stinking trophy, especially if said game sucked the first go round.[/QUOTE]

Even more so when the hardest difficulty, which you get a trophy for, you can't select until you beat the game on Normal or Hard. Then it unlocks for you to play through to get the trophy. Dumb.

[quote name='Tsel']My two biggest trophy pet peeves are collectibles and difficulties that don't stack. Seriously, I don't want to have play the game more than once just to get a stinking trophy, especially if said game sucked the first go round.[/QUOTE]

Add any sort of online trophy and you have a pretty damn good list. I would put online trophies above the others. At least then I know I will always be able to get it myself even if it is a PITA.

With that said, a couple of the Prince of Persia remakes damn near killed me with the non-stacking difficulties. I thought those games were fun until I was on play-through #3.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Even more so when the hardest difficulty, which you get a trophy for, you can't select until you beat the game on Normal or Hard. Then it unlocks for you to play through to get the trophy. Dumb.[/QUOTE]

I dont mind that when there is a New Game +. Some games become easier on hard when you're fully equipped and leveled up. But you're right, playing through a game 3 times is just tedious and boring. Ruined Shadows of the Damned for me.

pfpfpfpfpffffhthet only 16 more UMvC3 missions to go 'til I get that trophy, if I could just find someone to gameshare the Shuma and Jill DLC that trophy would be in my hands right now.

Gonna agree with you on the collectibles crap, its even worse if the collectibles are missable at all. Speedruns are also a killer of my enjoyment. I kind of want to enjoy my time with the game, having to either rush through a first playthrough or do a second playthrough just for that trophy kills me inside.
Online trophies also suck sometimes since my connection is ass and I usually can't get a good game without lag. If I had a better connection i'd love 'em if the online wasn't dead or if the game didn't suck.

[quote name='waldo21212']inFamous wasn't terrible until you only had a few shards left - I think I quit after having only 3 remaining. 5 hours with a print out of all the shard locations and still couldn't find them.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this was my main problem, when I saw that I had 349/350 my heart just sunk. I know it might not sound like a lot of time, but I ran around for a couple of hour with a map just to find that last damn shard. I had the same problem with Brutal Legend, had to pay for that collectible locator DLC just to find that last one. ;_;
I can imagine the Enslaved trophy to be absolute hell compared to those two, isn't there at least a function that tells you what chapter you're missing an orb in?

I'm trying to plat bodycount but the online is dead, spent 2 hours without one person joining any cags need the trophies? Add me name on psn same as cag

[quote name='razrvamp']I'm trying to plat bodycount but the online is dead, spent 2 hours without one person joining any cags need the trophies? Add me name on psn same as cag[/QUOTE]

KneeKnee who posted up above, just posted on another website specific to PS3 trophies a few days ago looking for a partner for that game. Based on his trophy card, he still has some work to do for the plat.

[quote name='GamingGator']KneeKnee who posted up above, just posted on another website specific to PS3 trophies a few days ago looking for a partner for that game. Based on his trophy card, he still has some work to do for the plat.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='KneeKnee']I dont mind that when there is a New Game +. Some games become easier on hard when you're fully equipped and leveled up. But you're right, playing through a game 3 times is just tedious and boring. Ruined Shadows of the Damned for me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I had to run out of the match I had to get to work, I still need the other 3 map co op trophies if
your up to it

brutal legend is messed up cuz it glitches if you try to save as you go for 100%.
i thought infamous collectibles were easy fun n fine, but idk.
shadows of the damned was damn awesome cept puppeteer trophy.
also bodycount was fun...
enslaved was great too.
wish i would have joined that competition with you gatorbeek. peace man

[quote name='Velo214']
i thought infamous collectibles were easy fun n fine, but idk.
[/QUOTE]

I always have to bring this up whenever inFamous 1 gets mentioned, but I actually collected all the shards by sheer accident. I still remember that feeling of pure glee when it popped. Wasn't even expecting it.

[quote name='razrvamp']Sorry I had to run out of the match I had to get to work, I still need the other 3 map co op trophies if
your up to it[/QUOTE]

Just let me know when you're on again, I'll help you get the rest of what you need.

i didnt pick them up on accident tho. i had a map of all the shards (just black and white w lil dots) and it had the # per island that would be complete. so i made sure not to go to the next island til i had them all. yeah ocd, but i didnt want to be going all over the world looking for that last lil shard ;)

prototype 2 was so sweet and lovely with the easy collectibles, and wow such a fun n fast plat. but i hear proto1 is an evil bitch of a game, especially collectibles. oh wellz

prototype 1 has horrible collectibles. huge city with no indication of what one you missed. i was following a video and somehow missed 1. i pretty much just gave up right there. plus the other challenges in that game... not worth the aggravation.

[quote name='8bitArtist']prototype 1 has horrible collectibles. huge city with no indication of what one you missed. i was following a video and somehow missed 1. i pretty much just gave up right there. plus the other challenges in that game... not worth the aggravation.[/QUOTE]

The web of intrigue ones weren't so bad, but the hints or whatever are terrible. I agree about the challenges, some of them are just awful.

The collectibles in Prototype were a bit of a PITA. I used a picture/map to get all of mine. It took quite some time.

The events as they called them (probably more appropriate to call them challenges) were a PITA. The movement events were by far the worst. A couple others were bad as well, but you could stack the deck on those. The one about blowing up so many tanks would be damn near impossible, but you could go steal tanks and park them all side by side to get that one.

Proud of that platinum since it was a bitch.

I am hoping to get Prototype 2 from gamefly soon. Since it apparently is much easier it will be nice to just enjoy the game without all the extra crap like the last one.

The inFamous shards were a pain, for sure. I had my little tablet on the couch next to me, opened to a map and videos.

Bring on the Wii U tablet or the smartglass or whatever, if it'll help like that. :)

I had trouble with one of the stunts, too, I forget which one. I just remember being super frustrated with it. Infamous 2 and the vamp one were much smoother for trophies.

Currently working to plat Sleeping Dogs. Finished the main game and am cleaning up stuff. Doesn't feel like grinding or work... yet. Fun game.

If anyone on here is also a member of ps3trophies.org and posts often over there (need to have 250 posts) and wants to join a competition with 2 other CAGs, let me know.

Velo214, KneeKnee, and myself are going to be in a team and it would be cool to have another CAG on the team if possible. Deadline is in a few days so let me know soon. I am going to post on ps3trophies looking for a 4th too since the deadline is on the 30th.

I do not think any of us are going to try and go all out to win it, but just using it as a fun reason for getting trophies like we all already do anyway. Since we all play quite a bit, who knows what will happen.

Anyone know of a fix for this. When I goto sync my trophies, I get a error around 20%. Also it takes forever just to get there. Any insight on this

just keep trying to sync it over and over. eventually it should make it.
i get this problem sometimes when i play on different ps3s with same user name when i go from room to room. it should resolve itself hopefully. just keep trying and let it sit til it is done hopefully.

[quote name='ipacman']Anyone know of a fix for this. When I goto sync my trophies, I get a error around 20%. Also it takes forever just to get there. Any insight on this[/QUOTE]

I had this issue for a really long time. I found that it finally worked when I compared trophies with someone on my friend's list. No matter how many times I just tried syncing, it never would complete.

Got my 100 percent on borderlands 2 yesterday( plat plus the dlc). Now I'm halfway through assassins creed 3. Should have the plat today or tomorrow I figure. Gosh I love being a trophy whore

[quote name='GamingGator']If anyone on here is also a member of ps3trophies.org and posts often over there (need to have 250 posts) and wants to join a competition with 2 other CAGs, let me know.

Velo214, KneeKnee, and myself are going to be in a team and it would be cool to have another CAG on the team if possible. Deadline is in a few days so let me know soon. I am going to post on ps3trophies looking for a 4th too since the deadline is on the 30th.

I do not think any of us are going to try and go all out to win it, but just using it as a fun reason for getting trophies like we all already do anyway. Since we all play quite a bit, who knows what will happen.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you're looking to do this again for THL #3, but if so, let me know. I've been a member for a while, but only started posting over there in the last few months. I'll be up to 250 by the start of the third THL.

[quote name='Warner1281']Don't know if you're looking to do this again for THL #3, but if so, let me know. I've been a member for a while, but only started posting over there in the last few months. I'll be up to 250 by the start of the third THL.[/QUOTE]

We have a group of 4 at the moment. If someone decides they do not want to do the team going forward, I will let you know. Since it looks like we won't make the playoffs, I should know something around the end of this month.

[quote name='GamingGator']We have a group of 4 at the moment. If someone decides they do not want to do the team going forward, I will let you know. Since it looks like we won't make the playoffs, I should know something around the end of this month.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. If nothing else, I'll just join a random team. I'm not going to go balls to the wall or anything, but I'll definitely go a little harder than I am right now (Megamind FTW!)

bread's done
Back