*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='Querjek']
[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='Querjek']
6. Super Bust-a-Move 3000 (GCN, no more, suckers :p !!)[/quote]

I dont know why that game deserves so much excitement, it got decent reviews (5.0 on gamespot) and is basically like $20 which is the same price as some greatest hits games that would prob have been more fun.[/quote]
It's supposedly rare. Search for completed auctions of it on eBay. You'll see then...[/quote]

Oh if its rare then add the CT Store I mentioned above had a couple copies. Its funny though, there are better versions of this game, I guess maybe this is the only cube one or something to make it worth money.

Quick note that MOH:Rising Sun (GC) is not on sale any more. Same goes for THUG (GC) although I think this has already been mentioned. Did manage to get Links (XB) $10, Bloodrayne (GC) $7.50 and FF IX (PS) $10.

[quote name='Querjek']Yay, I got some good deals from the Parkersburg/Vienna TRU:
1. Ikaruga $20 (they have lots more)
2. PS2 horizontal stand $2.48 (2 more)
3. Mark of Kri ($7.48, you have to dig for it but there are lots more)
4. Silpheed (PS2, $4.98, the same thing as Mark of Kri)
5. Go! Go! Hypergrind! $9.99 (no more left)
6. Super Bust-a-Move 3000 (GCN, no more, suckers :p !!)
I'm considering trading those PS2 games as they're still sealed...[/quote]

PM sent about Mark of Kri.

[quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain']Ya, I don't think NG would be on the 50% off sale.

I went tonight to return Turok Evolution (ITS HORRIBLE) and picked up Silent Hill 2 (PH) and Grabbed By The Ghoulies. I might go back and pick up Futurama (Xbox). Does any one know if its worth 10? And if it is crap, does it have trade in value?[/quote]

Futurama isn't crap if you are a huge fan of the show. The VO's by the cast of the show is worth the price in my mind. The game doesn't play great, but I enjoy the VO's and storyline, that's really the only reason to get it, plus, so-called "unaired footage from the show" is on the game, take that for what it's worth, I'd get it if I were you, it's a pretty rare game, not sure about any trade-in values though, probably not much. Maybe 7-10 dollars.[/quote]Doesn't sound too bad, I'll pick it up for the hell of it. And I'll check on that MTV Music Generator 3 for ya too.[/quote]

All right, thanks! My TRU has a ton and I'm curious of the price of it, it'd make a great gift if it's 15 dollars. Remember, don't buy me one, just check it out for me. ;)[/quote]I checked to see if they had it, but they dont have crap anymore. I wanted another Cube controller, but the indigo ones are 25. So I picked up Magic Pengel, and returned Futurama.[/quote]

Thanks for looking out for me though, you should have kept Futurama, though. :)

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain']Ya, I don't think NG would be on the 50% off sale.

I went tonight to return Turok Evolution (ITS HORRIBLE) and picked up Silent Hill 2 (PH) and Grabbed By The Ghoulies. I might go back and pick up Futurama (Xbox). Does any one know if its worth 10? And if it is crap, does it have trade in value?[/quote]

Futurama isn't crap if you are a huge fan of the show. The VO's by the cast of the show is worth the price in my mind. The game doesn't play great, but I enjoy the VO's and storyline, that's really the only reason to get it, plus, so-called "unaired footage from the show" is on the game, take that for what it's worth, I'd get it if I were you, it's a pretty rare game, not sure about any trade-in values though, probably not much. Maybe 7-10 dollars.[/quote]Doesn't sound too bad, I'll pick it up for the hell of it. And I'll check on that MTV Music Generator 3 for ya too.[/quote]

All right, thanks! My TRU has a ton and I'm curious of the price of it, it'd make a great gift if it's 15 dollars. Remember, don't buy me one, just check it out for me. ;)[/quote]I checked to see if they had it, but they dont have crap anymore. I wanted another Cube controller, but the indigo ones are 25. So I picked up Magic Pengel, and returned Futurama.[/quote]

Thanks for looking out for me though, you should have kept Futurama, though. :)[/quote]I was thinking about keeping it, but I have a LE copy of Phantom Brave reserved at GameStop. Already put down 41 bucks on it.

Picked up another Xbox Live kit with Whacked and Moto GP (demo) today. It was inside the glass. They refused to open it. "Please get the ticket and bring it to the register, I'm 100% sure it's $69.99 _ he said .I was calm and pushy , asked for the manager. He came over . I go " I need to scan that box can you do that for me?" "Sure" he said". I took the box and put it under Price checker. To his surprise it was 50% off. I turned to the guy and said " I was 100% sure it was not $69.99"...........

Up for Grabs for $40.

Other games I got today:

Lady Sia (GBA)
Fuzion Frenzy (XBOX) $10
Deaththrow (XBOX) $10
Roller Coaster (XBOX) $10
PinoBee (PS1) $5

[quote name='darkwingduck13']IGN gave Lady Sia a good review, but I've still never gotten to play it. How is it, masha?[/quote]

I have not played Lady Sia yet (playing Tactics Ogre now ). I picked up last copy for someone on this board.

[quote name='Pinnacle']Is this still going on or is it dead? I'm wanting one of those 115 dollar PS2's![/quote]

There is no way in the world you have a prayer of getting one of those.
First, I'd be willing to bet that most of the remaining ones never hit the sales floor. Those that did were probably bought within a day or two of the sale begining.

I got one really good deal today. While rummaging through some registers looking for some Buyer Protection Plan pamphlets this past Thursday, I found some $10 off $50 coupons and noticed that they had different skn numbers which let me use two at the same time! I got RPG Maker 2 for 2.66!(49.99-25.00Green Tag -2.50Associate Discount -my two $10 off $50 coupons skn 912089 and 912119 +tax

[quote name='Querjek']Yay, I got some good deals from the Parkersburg/Vienna TRU:
1. Ikaruga $20 (they have lots more)
2. PS2 horizontal stand $2.48 (2 more)
3. Mark of Kri ($7.48, you have to dig for it but there are lots more)
4. Silpheed (PS2, $4.98, the same thing as Mark of Kri)
5. Go! Go! Hypergrind! $9.99 (no more left)
6. Super Bust-a-Move 3000 (GCN, no more, suckers :p !!)
I'm considering trading those PS2 games as they're still sealed...[/quote]

They had tons of Ikaruga when I went 3 weeks ago. I didn't bother picking it up as it's not really something I'm interested in. But did you notice if they had either Vexx (GC) or Advance Wars (GBA)? I haven't been in there for a couple weeks and they were sold out last time I went.

I dont know why that game deserves so much excitement, it got decent reviews (5.0 on gamespot) and is basically like $20 which is the same price as some greatest hits games that would prob have been more fun.[/quote]
It's supposedly rare. Search for completed auctions of it on eBay. You'll see then...[/quote]

Oh if its rare then add the CT Store I mentioned above had a couple copies. Its funny though, there are better versions of this game, I guess maybe this is the only cube one or something to make it worth money.[/quote]

I don't think that CT store has them anymore ;)

I just got

ET: Digital Companion GBC $1.26
ET: Cosmic Garden GBC $1.26
N'Sync GBC $1.76

Bad games, good price. I am hoping that I can do trade-in in FYE for more credits.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='Arakias'][quote name='Querjek']

Oh if its rare then add the CT Store I mentioned above had a couple copies. Its funny though, there are better versions of this game, I guess maybe this is the only cube one or something to make it worth money.[/quote]

I don't think that CT store has them anymore ;)[/quote]

I wonder who does have all of them?! :D I'm 100% sure I have one copy from that CT store.

Well I hope my post helped you both Waxhead and Masha, I had been to Westport CT store and got a couple things for myself so when I went back to check, for some other items, I remembered and reported the ones that remained. CotM and BG&E seemed like the most likely things people would have wanted.

But I still cant understand why the game quality of bust-a-move 3000 can be not good and people have to have it. sigh.

I DO have a sealed Disgaea from TRU that I may not even want. I intend to return it sometime in the next 2 days.

I have ikaruga....

Delta, I went today and got $80 worth of stuff somehow.

DDR Konamix x2
Cima: The Enemy
Mummy Returns and Movie of it $10
20 penny strat guides (If anyone lives in Tallahassee and wants one or two I can give them for free)
Medal of Honor Frontline GC
Magical Pengal PS2

There are more penny strategy guides there. Last time I went there, some of the guides weren't a penny.

I think I got a few more but stuff but that's all I remember.

It's funny how the DBZ guides are a penny and it includes a dvd.

[quote name='suko_32']
[/quote]

Hey suko... where did you find the Mummy Returns DVD/Game? I looked for the DVD in the movie section - didn't see it; and didn't see any reference to the game on the shelf. Is it packaged together, or is it like the Sphinx thing where they give you the "extra" after you buy the game?

Thanks! :D

i went to the roseville TRU in mn and i got my ct3 (clock tower 3) for 9.99 and then got the medabot on ps2 for my brother (9.99) and some of his acessories. nothing really too good

scored some good dreamcast games

chu chu-4.99
ready 2 rumble-4.95
prince of persia-4.95
spawn-12.95
death crimson-4.99
virtual on-12.49
crazy taxi 2-9.99

not a bad score if i dont say so my self. And ive been looking for these for ever

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Pinnacle']Is this still going on or is it dead? I'm wanting one of those 115 dollar PS2's![/quote]

There is no way in the world you have a prayer of getting one of those.
First, I'd be willing to bet that most of the remaining ones never hit the sales floor. Those that did were probably bought within a day or two of the sale begining.[/quote]

They had several when I went down there today. They rang up for like 229. I grabbed a 10 dollar cyber shock 2 controller instead and VF4 evo for 10 as well. I grabbed my new PS2 at walmart along with a memory card and used my 10% employee discount to save like 16 bucks.lol Then went and snagged Kingdom Hearts for 17.99 and FF-X for 15 at gamestop and used my 10% discount card there too. I went to KB toys and grabbed ICO for 15 bucks.

I've had a good day. :)

Sorry I didn't search this long thread for an answer, but I just wanted to ask that if my TRU doesn't have signs or anything about this sale, does this mean it has ithis 50% off or no? And the first post says that I can't price check, but it only shows as 50% once you actually buy it?

Thnx in advance.

[quote name='cheapskategamer'][quote name='suko_32']
[/quote]

Hey suko... where did you find the Mummy Returns DVD/Game? I looked for the DVD in the movie section - didn't see it; and didn't see any reference to the game on the shelf. Is it packaged together, or is it like the Sphinx thing where they give you the "extra" after you buy the game?

Thanks! :D[/quote]

Well, they have lots of the ticket things for it. However, I think they took it all out of the stock room and put it where the PS2 games are. It's in the PS2 Gamecube isle if you life in Tallahassee. There's like 10 left at my place. Yes it's packaged toghether.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Sorry I didn't search this long thread for an answer, but I just wanted to ask that if my TRU doesn't have signs or anything about this sale, does this mean it has ithis 50% off or no? And the first post says that I can't price check, but it only shows as 50% once you actually buy it?

Thnx in advance.[/quote]

As far as I know, the prices have been adjusted nationwide to reflect the 50% off sale. Whether your TRU has the green tags or not, the listed games should still ring up at a discounted price. Now the biggest things to remember are:

- You must bring the game up to the counter as if you're going to buy it. To be sure, most TRU's ask you for your phone number when they've started a checkout, and must hit the TOTAL to reflect the sale. You cannot price-check games, as they ring out at their normal price. Also, don't ask an employee what they think the price of a game is, because most of them will insist the game is not on sale. Be persistant, and follow the instructions in the beginning of this paragraph.

- Some games have been removed from the list (most have been updated on the first page), and others have had a new UPC sticker put over their existing one to negate the sale. You should check the first page often to see if the games you want haven't since been removed from the list, and you should also check to see if the original UPC is on the game that you're looking to grab. If there is a sticker over it, ask if it can be removed, or just look for a game without one.

Hopefully that helps anyone who's wondering.

[quote name='suko_32']
Well, they have lots of the ticket things for it. However, I think they took it all out of the stock room and put it where the PS2 games are. It's in the PS2 Gamecube isle if you life in Tallahassee. There's like 10 left at my place. Yes it's packaged toghether.[/quote]

Thanks man!

My store has the ticket system - so I guess I'll check again! :D

[quote name='Odibil']As far as I know, the prices have been adjusted nationwide to reflect the 50% off sale. Whether your TRU has the green tags or not, the listed games should still ring up at a discounted price. Now the biggest things to remember are:

- You must bring the game up to the counter as if you're going to buy it. To be sure, most TRU's ask you for your phone number when they've started a checkout, and must hit the TOTAL to reflect the sale. You cannot price-check games, as they ring out at their normal price. Also, don't ask an employee what they think the price of a game is, because most of them will insist the game is not on sale. Be persistant, and follow the instructions in the beginning of this paragraph.

- Some games have been removed from the list (most have been updated on the first page), and others have had a new UPC sticker put over their existing one to negate the sale. You should check the first page often to see if the games you want haven't since been removed from the list, and you should also check to see if the original UPC is on the game that you're looking to grab. If there is a sticker over it, ask if it can be removed, or just look for a game without one.

Hopefully that helps anyone who's wondering.[/quote]

So if I bring a game that is on the list to the register and when they hit total and it still says full price (has original upc) wouldn't it be rude to say I don't want the game then?

if u dont wanna be rude then as soon as u purchase the game take it to the return counter and get your money back, i have done this 3 or 4 times already to trial and error some games

[quote name='Trakan']I'm pretty sure they yanked all the console bundles... if you can still get it, it's a huge YMMV[/quote]

Wait, you mean the $75 XBox bundles are probably no longer there? I hope so, I planned on finally getting one at that price.

YES!!! I finally found Ikaruga! I also picked up Incredible Crisis(4.90) (weirdest shaq-fuing game EVER) and No One Lives Forever 2 ($4).

When is Def Jam Vandetta (GC) going to drop in price at TRU? My local TRU has one copy, but it never drops below $20. And it isn't a part of this deal. Thanks.

[quote name='Green-Bull']When is Def Jam Vandetta (GC) going to drop in price at TRU? My local TRU has one copy, but it never drops below $20. And it isn't a part of this deal. Thanks.[/quote]

I doubt it'll ever drop to below 20 dollars, well, for the retail MSRP at least.

Little need to say, I'm shocked this game isn't on the sale... are you sure you got the total and didn't just scan it?

[quote name='Green-Bull']When is Def Jam Vandetta (GC) going to drop in price at TRU? My local TRU has one copy, but it never drops below $20. And it isn't a part of this deal. Thanks.[/quote]

That's what CC was for :) I got mine for $5.

[quote name='suko_32'][quote name='cheapskategamer'][quote name='suko_32']
[/quote]

Thanks! :D[/quote]

Well, they have lots of the ticket things for it. However, I think they took it all out of the stock room and put it where the PS2 games are. It's in the PS2 Gamecube isle if you life in Tallahassee. There's like 10 left at my place. Yes it's packaged toghether.[/quote]

The Culver City, CA TRU's video game section has that about that many DVD/game combos, if not more. They're tough to miss, in really this clear plastic cases (no TRU I've seen in Cali uses the ticket system).

[quote name='crazytalkx']YES!!! I finally found Ikaruga! I also picked up Incredible Crisis(4.90) (weirdest shaq-fuing game EVER) and No One Lives Forever 2 ($4).[/quote]

Yeah, Incredible Crisis is a cool, quirky little game. The replay value isn't high but its worth playing through at least once.

Made "one more" trip to TRU on Sunday -- the Culver City, CA store. Not much new, but I did see two copies of Fatal Frame XBOX behind the counter. Scooped up one. Also nabbed a bunch of guides from a shopping cart literally full of them. I grabbed Mario/Luigi, Wario World, Xenosaga, Mario Kart SS, Metroid Prime, and Advance Wars 2!

I blame all of you for boasting about your finds for my returning after swearing off spending money. ;)

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Sorry I didn't search this long thread for an answer, but I just wanted to ask that if my TRU doesn't have signs or anything about this sale, does this mean it has ithis 50% off or no? And the first post says that I can't price check, but it only shows as 50% once you actually buy it?

Thnx in advance.[/quote]
At my local TRU you can scan the slips at the price scanners around the store and it will say "50 percent off listed price" or something like that if the game is part of the deal.

Well, I checked the Pac-Man bundle today for GCN, and R-Type Final. Both showed "PROMO", but rang up full price (and yes, I did check out with them). I bought both to be polite, and I will return them later on (gives me an excuse to make a stop by another Toys'R'Us)

Money money money.. Always sunny... In a rich man's world...

I checked a TRU while on vacation in Piitsburgh and picked up Romance VIII and Street Figher Ex3 at the price posted in the deal. Thanks!

Another TRU I checked in Erie had nothing good - seems the deal lasts while there is still stock.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Made "one more" trip to TRU on Sunday -- the Culver City, CA store. Not much new, but I did see two copies of Fatal Frame XBOX behind the counter. Scooped up one. Also nabbed a bunch of guides from a shopping cart literally full of them. I grabbed Mario/Luigi, Wario World, Xenosaga, Mario Kart SS, Metroid Prime, and Advance Wars 2!

I blame all of you for boasting about your finds for my returning after swearing off spending money. ;)[/quote]

is there a good selection of games left at culver city toys r us for xbox and ps2?

I was returning some stuff today . I noticed a few old guides :shock:

Parasite Eve II $1.75 ( after 50%)
Dino Crisis $1.20 (after 50%)

[quote name='masha']I was returning some stuff today . I noticed a few old guides :shock:

Dino Crisis $1.20 (after 50%)[/quote]

Damn, those are old! Why do they still have them?

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='masha']I was returning some stuff today . I noticed a few old guides :shock:

Dino Crisis $1.20 (after 50%)[/quote]

Damn, those are old! Why do they still have them?[/quote]

I have no clue. I was at the store like 5 times in a past 2 weeks and never saw them. I thought they will ring $.01. Nope. I grabed Parasite Eve II.

bread's done
Back