*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in putting together "the list". I was out of town this weekend for a wedding and I came back to find all this great work done.

Thanks everyone!

[quote name='ChronoBreak']Well if your looking to trade those extra Disgaeas let me\others know. I've been looking for it for awhile here and nobody has it for less then $50.[/quote]

I'll trade them. Just let me know what you got.

[quote name='tubtub']The PS2 and GC LCD Screens are in the R-zone ad for this month. Until the 28th they are $100(regularly $140 gamecube and $150 PS2). I can't believe the Sony brand PS One LCD Screens are still $130. Our store and many others are swamped with them. We haven't sold one all year.[/quote]

Transfer them to 8835. We almost regularly get people that will buy a couple dozen PSOnes or screens or PSOne Combos. We think they sell them "across the border," wherever the hell that is.

-Hoshi

PrinceNeil, what state did that happen it? (asking because you have PA and NJ and NY listed).

I never heard of such a law in PA or NJ (no idea if it applies to NY or not)

[quote name='CheapyD']I just wanted to thank everyone involved in putting together "the list". I was out of town this weekend for a wedding and I came back to find all this great work done.

Thanks everyone![/quote]

CheapyD, don't forget we always have your back on the deals.

Glad you're back among us CAGers.

Picked up:
Arc Collection (PS1)
Otogi (XBOX)
Prince of Persia (XBOX)
Beyond Good and Evil (XBOX)
at Maplewood, MN store earlier today!

Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']PrinceNeil, what state did that happen it? (asking because you have PA and NJ and NY listed).

I never heard of such a law in PA or NJ (no idea if it applies to NY or not)[/quote]

It's the TRU in Altoona, PA. I don't believe that such a law would ever exist, but store-wise they might.

Here are my total findings

GC
Simpsons Hit and Run 20
Star Wars Rebel Strike III 10
Tube Slider 10
Soul Calibur 10
Sphinx 6.50
Capcom Vs Snk eo 10
Lost Kingdoms II 10

PS
Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure 5
Dragon Warrior 7 15 sealed
Arc the Lad Collection 35 sealed
Gaultlet Legends 8

X box

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 20 still sealed 2 copies
Shenmue 2 10 still sealed
Panzer Dragoon Orta 15 still sealed

PS2
Gultiy Gear X2 15
Silent Hill 3 10
King of Fighters 00/01 15
Amplitude 15 still sealed
Sega Sports Tennis 25

N64
Diddy Kong Racing 10

Maybe it is TRU's policy or the cashier just wanted to be a jerk, I have bought more than 3 copies of games at TRU a couple of times in the past in PA and never had a problem (when they were clearing out their GBC and N64 stuff, I stocked up for gifts for my cousins and friends).

All Xbox, there were plenty of titles on that list still remaining (including Price of Persia for Xbox at Arlington Heights, IL.)

Went to the Toys R Us in Bloomingdale, IL:
Picked up Deus Ex 2: $10

Went to the Toys R Us in Schaumburg, IL:
Picked up Otogi: $15
Picked up MGS2: $7.50

Went to the Toys R Us in Arlington Heights, IL:
Picked up Voodoo Vince: $10

The clerk in Schaumburg was shocked this was known already.

[quote name='MrMaddness']oes anyone know if the PS One w/ LCD SCreen is 50% off? The stupid bitch behind the counter wouldn't ring it up, she just did a price inquiry, and it rang up 149.99 but it said promo on it too.[/quote]

Probably, but $75 isn't all that great.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='gameguy22006']The prices that they have listed by their games aren't accurate. Sphinx was listed as 19.99 but it rung up as 12.99. (then of course from the sale it was 6.50)[/quote]

Did I get screwed by buying PS2 Sphinx (no shirt) for $12.99? What can I do about this? If I took it back with the receipt, would they refund the difference? Thanks for any advice/help.[/quote]

I bought Guilty Gear X2 a month ago at my local TRU for $30. Brought it back they readjusted the price to $15. It states "45 days of the original purchase date".[/quote]

Thanks, Masha. The thing is, I just bought it TODAY! It should've been on sale, but wasn't. I guess that means I'm even more justified in going back there and asking for my $6.XX back.

[quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='PrinceNeil']For trade, or to collect.[/quote]

Or ebay......maybe. But having three copies of Disgaea and not five is not a reason to be pissed off. Be happy you have three, most have zip. If you really want 5 wait for a day and go back the next.[/quote]

I think you would be pissed off too if you drove over 2 hours to get to that TRU because its the only one that has them. Its 80 miles away but road construction traffic is a bitch.[/quote]

I wouldn't drive 2 hours just for games that are 50% off with the fact that I don't even know if they have it in stock. Also, if I got 3 I would be super happy. Not getting the other two at worst would only result in a shrug.

Went to the TRU in Olympia, WA and the clerk was surprised that I knew about the deal and asked how I had heard about it, because she had just found out.
She let me look at the list and it's pretty huge. However, it's really unorganized and since I had to go to work, I didn't have time to study it as much as I would have liked. She told me that most of the sports games are part of the deal as well, so I might finally pick up Tiger Woods 04 for $15.
Bought XIII and The Sims for $10, because, well, they're $10. And because they were out of a lot of the games that I really wanted (BGE, Tiger).

I went to the Arlington, Tx store at 1:30 today.

I purchased

Simpson's H and R $20 (GC)
Super Monkey Ball $10
Secret Weapons Over Normandy $15 (PS2)

I tried to get Worms 3D for GC but even after he totalled it rang up $30.

What was surprising was they still had

Disgaea ( 1 copy )
Silent Hill 3 ( Handful )
Ikaruga ( 2-3 )
Panzer Dragoon Orta ( 2-3 )
King of Fighters 2000/2001 ( 2- 3 )

I did not check any of these, and again this was at 1:30.

Anyone have any info on other DFW stores? I finally have time tomorrow to go searching for:

Front Mission 3 ( Would be awesome but not expecting it )

Morrowind GOTY ( No big deal. BB will probably drop it soon )

Voodoo Vince, Worms 3D, Collin Mcrae 03 ( Would get them if I see them )

Anyways any info would be appreciated.

[quote name='hellhammer']Here are my total findings

GC
Simpsons Hit and Run 20
Star Wars Rebel Strike III 10
Tube Slider 10
Soul Calibur 10
Sphinx 6.50
Capcom Vs Snk eo 10
Lost Kingdoms II 10

PS
Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure 5
Dragon Warrior 7 15 sealed
Arc the Lad Collection 35 sealed
Gaultlet Legends 8

X box

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 20 still sealed 2 copies
Shenmue 2 10 still sealed
Panzer Dragoon Orta 15 still sealed

PS2
Gultiy Gear X2 15
Silent Hill 3 10
King of Fighters 00/01 15
Amplitude 15 still sealed
Sega Sports Tennis 25

N64
Diddy Kong Racing 10[/quote]

PM Sent for MvC2.

[quote name='suko_32'][quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='PrinceNeil']For trade, or to collect.[/quote]

Or ebay......maybe. But having three copies of Disgaea and not five is not a reason to be pissed off. Be happy you have three, most have zip. If you really want 5 wait for a day and go back the next.[/quote]

I think you would be pissed off too if you drove over 2 hours to get to that TRU because its the only one that has them. Its 80 miles away but road construction traffic is a bitch.[/quote]

I wouldn't drive 2 hours just for games that are 50% off with the fact that I don't even know if they have it in stock. Also, if I got 3 I would be super happy. Not getting the other two at worst would only result in a shrug.[/quote]

I wouldn't be mad at all if I lived 5 mins. away, but it was really the timing because I was already a little heated from the 10 mile traffic I had to go through. If you've ever been on traffic on I-80, then 2 truck drivers going 2 mph side-by-side on the 2-lane highway and there's no car in front of them within half-mile will piss you off too. I just don't understand why they don't stay behind the car in front of them to make the traffic shorter than it looks.

[quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='PrinceNeil']For trade, or to collect.[/quote]

I wouldn't drive 2 hours just for games that are 50% off with the fact that I don't even know if they have it in stock. Also, if I got 3 I would be super happy. Not getting the other two at worst would only result in a shrug.[/quote]

I wouldn't be mad at all if I lived 5 mins. away, but it was really the timing because I was already a little heated from the 10 mile traffic I had to go through. If you've ever been on traffic on I-80, then 2 truck drivers going 2 mph side-by-side on the 2-lane highway and there's no car in front of them within half-mile will piss you off too. I just don't understand why they don't stay behind the car in front of them to make the traffic shorter than it looks.[/quote]

Well, just to let you know I'm not trying to argue with you or anything.

Just came back w/ 3 Disgaea's and I'm still pissed off. I was going to buy 5

You greedy piece of shit, 3 wasn't good enough for you? Maybe they wanted to save some for, you know, the OTHER CUSTOMERS that want to get in on this deal. I'm glad Toys R Us is running this sale because most of them know how to deal with resellers, and they know that they aren't there to make YOU money.

I'm a little mad at myself because I never bothered to look at this thread until now and I was at TRU yesterday. I do know that my TRU doesn't have a lot of the stuff on the list, but there are a few I know they have.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The Point Blank series is great. It's simple but a lot of fun.[/quote]

I agree, makes me wish I had the games and some Guncons!

I got a XBOX for $75 with star wars and tetris worlds. Very Very YMMV, I got the last one. I don't have a scanner otherwise I would be more than happy to scan the receipt for you, Wario. Sorry, Man.

my friend is going to my local one tomorrow,i think i am heading by there too. he said he is going to try and pick me up a few systems. hope it works out for me,i will report back with the finds if there are any.

Hey Nephets since I know you're on did Mesquite or any other store you've been too have

FronT Mission 3
VooDoo Vince
Worms 3D (GC - and actually part of the sale)
Colin Mcrae 03 (Either version at half off)
Morrowind GOTY

Let me know if you see any of these, or anything you need and maybe we can help each other out.

[quote name='Yeahman']Hey Nephets since I know you're on did Mesquite or any other store you've been too have

FronT Mission 3
VooDoo Vince
Worms 3D (GC - and actually part of the sale)
Colin Mcrae 03 (Either version at half off)
Morrowind GOTY

Let me know if you see any of these, or anything you need and maybe we can help each other out.[/quote]

I'm really looking for Arc the Lad, but I'd rather manage to trade, and I didn't really look at the Xbox sections, but I know the PSX section has nothing of interest. I remember seeing a Morrowind GOTY, but I doubt it's there now, maybe it wasn't GOTY version, but, I'm not sure about the rest, sorry, any more you want that maybe I've seen? Because I really want to trade for an Arc the Lad Collection copy.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Just came back w/ 3 Disgaea's and I'm still pissed off. I was going to buy 5

You greedy piece of shit, 3 wasn't good enough for you? Maybe they wanted to save some for, you know, the OTHER CUSTOMERS that want to get in on this deal. I'm glad Toys R Us is running this sale because most of them know how to deal with resellers, and they know that they aren't there to make YOU money.[/quote]

I am greedy but I ain't a POS. Just to let you know, I was already there a couple days ago and I saw the Disgaea's and Ikaruga and all the others, but I just got the Ikaruga. Those games have been there for a couple days and I just decided I wanted them last night....so don't get mad if you want 1 but your TRU don't have it because your TRU is not the only one who doesn't have them. I want other games too and I'm using these to get other games that I didn't find...so FU.

That's all I can think off hand.

I'll keep an eye out for AtL Collection.

I actually found one used at Gamestop the other day for 29.99. Perfect discs, all extras, mint book. The only flaw was a mild box crease but for $30 it was a steal

[quote name='Hellacious']I got a XBOX for $75 with star wars and tetris worlds. Very Very YMMV, I got the last one. I don't have a scanner otherwise I would be more than happy to scan the receipt for you, Wario. Sorry, Man.[/quote]

Do they have the systems out on the floor? I'm just wondering because all the systems are behind the register.

I want other games too and I'm using these to get other games that I didn't find...so FU.

So you felt the need to buy FIVE, and actually got angry that they only let you buy three?

Wanting to buy 5 made you greedy.
Getting mad at only getting 3 made you a piece of shit.

Your rediculous asking price for Disgaea in your trade list contributes to both.

Systems are behind the counter. I had to ask specifically for the star wars and tetris worlds xbox bundle. It took them like 40 minutes til they finally came back with one. Computer system said that they had 2 but could only find one so yeah..... I got lucky.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']so don't get mad if you want 1 but your TRU don't have it because your TRU is not the only one who doesn't have them.[/quote]

You realize how contradictory this is, right? You complained about how unfair it is that your TRU wouldn't give you FIVE Disgaeas, yet you say that nobody else should be complaining that they didn't get ONE.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='PrinceNeil']so don't get mad if you want 1 but your TRU don't have it because your TRU is not the only one who doesn't have them.[/quote]

You realize how contradictory this is, right? You complained about how unfair it is that your TRU wouldn't give you FIVE Disgaeas, yet you say that nobody else should be complaining that they didn't get ONE.[/quote]

Sad part is this guy is bitching about not getting 5 copies of Disgea, and there's some guy in the St. Louis area who's a known reseller/wholesaler who has hit more than one TRU in St. Louis for $1000+ worth of games. :shock:

I picked up Perfect Dark today...was really looking for Timsplitters 2. Debated getting Beyond Good and Evil but figured i would never play it.

[quote name='dafoomie']
I want other games too and I'm using these to get other games that I didn't find...so FU.

So you felt the need to buy FIVE, and actually got angry that they only let you buy three?

Wanting to buy 5 made you greedy.
Getting mad at only getting 3 made you a piece of shit.

Your rediculous asking price for Disgaea in your trade list contributes to both.[/quote]

What don't you get....do you like getting LIED TO?!?! If they have a store policy that you can only get 3, then why not tell me that in the first place?? Don't tell me that there's a "State Law" that says I can only get 3 in a day.

[quote name='tubtub']

DDR Max 2, GBA Fairly odd parents, GC Fairly odd Parents, and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando rang up on sale incorrectly. It has since been fixed.[/quote]

Yeah I tried to buy Ratchet and Clank today and it came out to $40.

So can I go back tomarrow and it will be $20??

What don't you get....do you like getting LIED TO?!?! If they have a store policy that you can only get 3, then why not tell me that in the first place?? Don't tell me that there's a "State Law" that says I can only get 3 in a day.

Maybe they just didn't want to put up with your shit.

Or maybe they weren't lying and they aren't allowed to sell them wholesale.

Either way, you're just mad because they stood up for their customers and told you NO.

bread's done
Back