*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']for those who have gotten marvel vs capcom 2 (XB) can you please tell me if you found one in southern california? Thanks[/quote]

wow... you've asked that so many times with no answer yet! hopefully this will help:

toys r' us store locator

just call the ones around you and ask. shouldn't be too hard. it'll be faster than waiting for an answer.

I just checked with my local TRU, and they said that Fatal Frame is now down to $39.99, so as a green tag sale game, it would be $19.99.

Anyone who bought it should go to their local TRU and get the $5 back (50% off of the $10 price difference) on their pricematch policy.

Information from a receipt:
01894601081 S XB FATAL FRAME 24.99 T
019463 50% OFF GREEN TAG P#1 49.99-25.00

When I had them look it up in the computer, they could only find it under SKU # 673806, which is where it came up as $39.99 and a green tag discount game.

Could someone update the list, if the list is being updated with prices?

"just call the ones around you and ask. shouldn't be too hard. it'll be faster than waiting for an answer."
but will they get an honest answer? the employees around here already hogged the ps2 bundles -- i wouldn't trust them with half a pack of 50 year-old snuff
"Just a word to the wise, stuff in glass case behind the counter DOES ring up at 50% off."
not here :(
stuff that didn't TOTAL 50% off TODAY, YESTERDAY, AND THE DAY BEFORE :(
ps2:
ssx3
bge
nightshade
mtx mototrax
hack infection
tokyo extreme racer
all of them said promo though -- some promo
hey, thanks to the op! and update! ape escape $9.99
tia...

edit: are fatalframe 1 and 2 dubbed voice games? is there a section of CA that has a list of the dubbed/switchable/original language voice games? tia

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Yeah i was at the levittown one. I was going to pick up a couple ps2 and gameboy advanced games, but there really wasnt anything that i really wanted, so i put them back. My son got some megaman toy while we were there.[/quote]

Have either of you guys been to the TRU in Little Neck on Douglaston? Just wondering if it is worth it to head over there and check and see what they still have. Also wondering about the one on Metropolitan, in Queens as that was always a ghost town when I worked in that area.

[quote name='"doraemonkerpal"'][quote name='AzianAsspicker']for those who have gotten marvel vs capcom 2 (XB) can you please tell me if you found one in southern california? Thanks[/quote]

i've hit 7 toys r us stores total in the Los Angeles area and have not come across any MVC 2's at all. i've noted what the tough-to-find-games are, so if i find anything good, i will PM those who are looking for them.

wow... you've asked that so many times with no answer yet! hopefully this will help:

toys r' us store locator

just call the ones around you and ask. shouldn't be too hard. it'll be faster than waiting for an answer.

Don't bother. Seriously. I can't begin to tell you how many times i've called stores asking for specific games: the clerks will tell me it's not in stock when there's actually 2 rows on the floor.

It's always best to go there in person, AND to ask the employees for the titles you're looking for. Even if you don't see them on the floor OR in the display case behind the counter: for example, my store isn't exactly the quickest when it comes to restocking the floor shelves. /:) It *certianly* wouldn't hurt asking an employee to check the stockroom ( which is right there in the Rzone ).

Another tip: like 80% of the TRU employees seem to be single moms/dads ( despite their young ages )... if you tell them you're shopping for your son/daughter and "this is the one game they really really wanted! Billy got an A in math today!"

I felt the itch again, and just had to go back. Most of the clearance games had been greentagged, but not all, and I realized that I'd already gotten pretty much everything I wanted already. I went ahead and picked up an indigo GC controller (12.50) and Super Monkey Ball 2 (not part of the sale, but still only $20), then walked around the store.

While leaving the game department, I noticed a woman consulting a list and tagging some Xbox games. I asked her if there were any more N64/DC games in the back; she told me there weren't. I then asked about PS1 games, and she said she had a few. So she went and checked.

She found a single copy Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete for PS1. I bought it. Ten bucks. The sticker doesn't hold any more (I'm guessing due to age), so it's not quite sealed... but it's definitely never been opened.

So, yeah. Happy.

For anyone who wants to know: They had one copy of Fatal Frame (PS2), and one copy of MVC2 (XBX) left.

[quote name='Magician'][quote name='skooby']Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for PS2 is still at 19.99 :(.
Couldn't find ZOE2.[/quote]

Are you sure? It shouldn't be. I picked up my copy for 9.99. Did you check out with it?[/quote]

Not to be a jerk but I think I'm gonna go hoarse repeating this. Ok people the REASON that rang up $19.99 and not $9.99 is because it's under the "Value Games" UPC set that TRU has up.

[quote name='Magician'][quote name='skooby']Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for PS2 is still at 19.99 :(.

Are you sure? It shouldn't be. I picked up my copy for 9.99. Did you check out with it?[/quote]the problem with VF4:EVO and other greatest hits/'value' is that they have multiple SKUs, sorta. Check on the back where the bar code is. If in the location where the barcode would regularly be there is a sticker over it with another barcode, it will not work. You have to find one with an original barcode that doesn't have a sticker barcode over it. Same deal with Devil May Cry.

[quote name='booo']"just call the ones around you and ask. shouldn't be too hard. it'll be faster than waiting for an answer."
but will they get an honest answer? the employees around here already hogged the ps2 bundles -- i wouldn't trust them with half a pack of 50 year-old snuff[/quote]

if you want to be cynical about calling, that's your perogative, but this guy has been waiting for an answer for 2 days now and the longer he waits, the worse his chances are of actually getting the game he wants. plus, if you're waiting for people to post what they found, it'll only be for that one store. calling the store is better than nothing. hopefully you'll get a competant employee :lol:

EDIT: oh yea, for all the people looking for ssx3 for ps2, try target. 3 of the targets around my house put them on the endcap which means they'll only get cheaper and cheaper :p

"3 of the targets around my house put them on the endcap which means they'll only get cheaper and cheaper"
mine have them still locked up in the big case. but the dpc is still saying $19.99 anyway -- it's that price at tu already, and i don't want to pay it
"if you want to be cynical about calling,"
more like experience. i've had the misfortune to get burned by greedy employees since the time best buy cleaned out their saturn games. far, FAR too many times, have i gotten a deal, only to hear the cashier mumble that they would gotten it for THEMSELVES, IF ONLY THEY HAD KNOWN.

edit: dude, that wants the socom 1 with a headset can pm me. i will sell it, soons as i figure how to ship it so we both end up being satisfied. i really hate doing this kind of stuff, but i will do it this time :(

[quote name='booo']"3 of the targets around my house put them on the endcap which means they'll only get cheaper and cheaper"
mine have them still locked up in the big case. but the dpc is still saying $19.99 anyway -- it's that price at tu already, and i don't want to pay it
"if you want to be cynical about calling,"
more like experience. i've had the misfortune to get burned by greedy employees since the time best buy cleaned out their saturn games. far, FAR too many times, have i gotten a deal, only to hear the cashier mumble that they would gotten it for THEMSELVES, IF ONLY THEY HAD KNOWN.[/quote]

well, not all employees are the same. all i'm trying to say is that if he calls, it might help. not everybody is gonna have the same experience as you did. it sucks that it happened to you, but there are going to be bitch ass employees everywhere you go. i don't like them either. if you want, report them to customer service or the bbb.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']I hit up two more TRUs over the past couple of days.

Columbia, SC (Two Notch Rd) - Not much here, picked up UT 2k3 for PC and Disney's Extreme Skate for Xbox, both $10. Looked "picked over".

Anderson, SC - The motherlode! This store had practically everything except the 1/2 off Xbox system and the guilty gear games. I picked up PoP for Xbox and GBA, as well as Raw 2 for Xbox, and WarioWorld for GC. All games were $10 except for WW which was $15.

Anyone living in Upstate SC needs to visit the Anderson TRU.[/quote]

I swear I only picked up 4 games! :lol:
Plus the 4 I picked up from the Harbison TRU. :D

The TRU price drop thread shows Rygar dropping to $19.99. As a green tag game, it would be $9.99.

The list shows it to be $15, which means you should get back $5 in a PM, 50% of the $10 drop in price, as a green tag game.

For anyone who bought Rygar at $15, might be worth a trip back to TRU for a PM.

I made trip #4 today. I bought:

Magic Pengel (PS2) $9.97
Links 2004 (Xbox) $9.97 (Due to price drop effective today)
Xbox Live Starter Kit Version 2 $24.99 ($5 less than buying a headset alone plus the kit has the full version of Tetris Worlds)

I saw but did not purchase:
The Mummy Returns (PS2) + The Mummy Returns DVD combo $10

Damn, I would have picked up magical pengel but i thought it was 20$ after half off, I might have to go back if possible and get that.

"not everybody is gonna have the same experience as you did."
as i DO.
"if you want, report them to customer service or the bbb."
been there, done that. situation just gets tossed in the trash because customer satisfaction has become job # 47. the best thing to do is to be prepared to avoid getting jacked from the get. i've had employees want to really help , but they still don't know what they are doing and give me unreliable/icorrect/wrong info. the reason i bought freekstyle last night was because cashier asserted it was on the list, but when it totaled, still $19.99. they didn't want to give me my money back today either :( par for the course.
that magic pengel -- is it in japanese? or is it dubbed? going to check out metacritic or gametab...

Well I finally decided to go buy Devil May Cry (GH) today during lunch - seeing as how it was $10 after the rebate and I missed it during the CC sale. Anyway, when I got to TRU the green stickers were all over the place and signs describing the 50% off sale were put up - a table with a bunch of discounted games was set up as well. I noticed that Devil May Cry GH had no green sticker on it, but I still went up to buy it knowing that it was $10. When the rep took the game out of its plastic case I noticed that there was a new UPC sticker over the actual game UPC code and when it rang up, it still charged $19.99! I also noticed some of the other games that were on the list did not have the green discount sticker. Did anyone get DMC GH for $10, or is TRU holding back on some games now?

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='skooby']Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for PS2 is still at 19.99 :(.

I picked it up for $10

Did you have the cashier total it?[/quote]

Yup, I bought it yesterday and then returned it today. There's a TRU by my work place so it's all good. Maybe some TRU's system aren't updated?

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='Magician'][quote name='skooby']Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for PS2 is still at 19.99 :(.

Are you sure? It shouldn't be. I picked up my copy for 9.99. Did you check out with it?[/quote]the problem with VF4:EVO and other greatest hits/'value' is that they have multiple SKUs, sorta. Check on the back where the bar code is. If in the location where the barcode would regularly be there is a sticker over it with another barcode, it will not work. You have to find one with an original barcode that doesn't have a sticker barcode over it. Same deal with Devil May Cry.[/quote]

OH....I didn't know that....Let me try again :idea: . Appreciated for all those who responded! :p

[quote name='swick'][quote name='rebthor']Swick
Location?[/quote]
It's... over there on the left. You know, under my name.[/quote]

Sorry, I'm an idiot :oops:

The TRU in Yakima, Washington has some games, got THUG for GC, Blinx for Xbox, and Silent Hill 3 for PS2. All for $10 each. Still haven't found Crimson Skies, Beyond Good and Evil (xbox), or Star Wars Rogue Squadron III. Anybody down in Tri-Cities seen these three games?

Does any know if Beyond Good and Evil (ps2 version) is covered under the 50% off sale?

here's my haul from Lincoln, NE

XBox
Fatal Frame, POP, MGS2, Hulk, Voodoo Vince, Batman: Rise

PS2
Ico, DMC GH, DMC 2

GBA
Onimusha Tactics

I talked to a really friendly clerk for about a half hour about the sale. He went in back and looked on the computer quite a bit for me and I didn't ask him to. He also said that he was waiting for the price drop on Xbox systems of $20. He also said GBAs and PS2 were dropping this fall.

The clerk at one TRU actually allowed us to peel off some of the upc tags and that allowed Devil May Cry to ring up at 10.00.

We also did the same thing with Mad Maestro and Silpheed and got each one for 5.00.

Worth a shot.

[quote name='madmage']hey anybody here happen to know if the TRUs in Madison, Wi are doing this sale?[/quote]

Every store is doing this, unless your store has no games left

I went back to my TRU today and picked up a lone copy of Shadow Hearts for $7.50. They also had a couple copies of the Bouncer. I didn't check it cause I already got it from CC, but it's bound to be part of the 50% deal. It was marked $20 so it's likely $10. If anyone wants one, give me a scream.

[quote name='CrimGhost']What games does Xbox live version 2 have? Is it Tetris and Moto Gp?[/quote]

Xbox Live Version 2 has:

FULL version of Tetris Worlds Online
DEMO of Moto GP
DEMO of MechAssault

Version 1 only has demos, no full games. I didn't check it, but it is probably $25 as well.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='masha'][quote name='DarkDevil2k3']I just saw that DDR Max 2 is on the list? But has two stars by it.... What does this mean? Cuz the TRU I work at has a bunch of em in... Didnt know this was part of the clearance... Thanks.[/quote]

At some TRU stores it rings 50% off at some doesn't . I have 4 TRU around me and only one had DDR MAX 2 with 50% discount . YMMV.[/quote]

Were some of those glass-case only, and some on the normal shelf? If we can establish some official pattern than that would be awesome.[/quote]

I went to the same TRU where I bought DDR MAX 2 for $20 on tuesday just to check if it still rings $20. NoPe it didn't . It's back to $39.99.

My haul today from TRU (a different location) plus new additions to the list:

Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox) - $10
Fantavision (PS2) - $7.50
WWE Raw 2 (Xbox) - $10
Gladius (Xbox) - $10
Super Monkey Ball (GC) - $10
The Hulk (Xbox) - $10
"New addition" Gungrave (PS2) - $10
"New addition" Shinobi (PS2) - $15

I'd say easily the best find would be Shinobi, because that's easily the rarest of the finds I've had so far... and yes, that store has plenty of them left... 8)

[quote name='smalien1']was this advertised yet?[/quote]

Not yet, I think the sale will be advertised on Sunday (The 22nd). I wonder if this sale will cause a madhouse like the CC sale, hopefully not.

Finally hit up the Carle Place location here on Long Island. While yesterday's Levittown run was dry as a bone, today's attempt ended up being MUCH more productive. My haul:

(XB) Shenmue 2 - $10
(XB) Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - $7.50
(XB) LOTR: Two Towers - $10

(PS2) King of Fighters 00/01 - $15

(GBA) Virtua Tennis - $5
(GBA) Prince of Persia - $10

I'd just like to point out that I don't even have an Xbox yet :p Oh, and I can also vouch for DDR Max 2 being $40, after totalling and everything. And as other posters have proven, that "glass case" theory holds no water -- KoF didn't have any copies on the shelf, but the glass case copy (which was actually marked with a green tag at $40) rang up as $15 after being totalled.

I got an interesting one-of-a kind item from this sale...a used Neo Geo Pocket system for $12.50! It's the platinum edition and it was still in it's original box with all the inserts, and Sonic the Hedgehog game (with instructions). The box says "demo" and "store copy" on it, and the system is of course used, but it is in excellent shape overall. The most important part anyway is the screen, and that is mint.

[quote name='tyrant5911']Anyone know if Soul Calibur 2 or SSX3 for Xbox are also on the list?[/quote]

I got SSX 3 for XBox for $9.99 but Soul Caliber rang up $19.99.

[quote name='Detective_thorn']Links 2004 (Xbox) $9.97 (Due to price drop effective today)[/quote]

I saw a copy of Links 2004 at my local TRU. I didn't know it was $9.97! Is this game any good compared to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004?...

bread's done
Back