*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Well, here's my story if anyone cares.

I joined here right when the BB sale happened and missed that. I also missed the CC sale. I saw a thread about it but that was b4 I checked this site everyday, so I missed out on it. By the time I got there they had put all the $5 games in a bin. I did get a few good ones, then bought most of the rest (except old sports games) b/c for $5, you can't go wrong. I got mostly crap. I didn't miss out b/c my area is full of CAGers, though (I live in a small area). I missed out b/c CC put all the games in a clearance bin so all the yokels found out about it and bought everything up.

Anyway, now I check this site regularly and I followed this TRU thread from the beginning. I went there immediately when I saw this thread but there were no signs anywhere regarding a clearance sale. They did have a little table in the front of the store with some old N64 accessories and other junk, and they had a little shelf with some older games marked 50% off, but nothing too big. So I didn't get anything. I went home and printed out the game list and went back. They didn't really have anything that I wanted so I left, still no green tags anywhere. Well after following this thread for a few weeks I finally had enough and decided this has to be a nationwide thing, even if they have no signs up at my TRU. So I brought the latest list. I was in luck b/c they had KOF 00/01, which is what I was looking for. I brought it up to the register and asked the guy to total it b/c I heard there was a sale. He acted like he knew what I was talking about and sure enough, $15. So I went through the isles and grabbed up the stuff I wanted. I didn't go too crazy so I only got the stuff I really wanted. Here's my haul:

GC:
Ikaruga (my TRU has about 6 copies - small area)

PS2:
KOF 00/01
Magic Pengel (for my girlfriend)

X-Box:
WWE Raw 2
Robotech
Dead or Alive 3

I might go back and get some more stuff but I don't want to get in the habbit of buying crap just because it's cheap. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also, I bought VF4Evo, and it rang up full price. I noticed when I got home that there's a sticker on the back over the original UPC. But the game was in their 50% clearance section, and they had more there so I'm going to go back and point this out so I can get it for $10.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']so when is the sale over? I guess whenever they're sold out. I spent about 70 on the TRU sale already.[/quote]

Odds are you're right about the "whenever they're sold out" part. The goal of the sale is to get rid of these games...so get rid of them they will. :D

I've only spent $10 total at TRU during the sale, but the countless copies of F-Zero for the GBA in the area stores are beginning to seem very tempting...

[quote name='Magician']Well, I checked the Pac-Man bundle today for GCN, and R-Type Final. Both showed "PROMO", but rang up full price (and yes, I did check out with them). I bought both to be polite, and I will return them later on (gives me an excuse to make a stop by another Toys'R'Us)

Money money money.. Always sunny... In a rich man's world...[/quote]

Almost all the titles say promo cause of some Jeffery special (the Toysrus mascot) most games/products are eligible for

"Almost all the titles say promo cause of some Jeffery special (the Toysrus mascot) most games/products are eligible for"
exactly. rtype final isn't on the list anyway? MUCH thanks for confirming though, because i all i had here were just display boxes -- no upc

[quote name='booo']"Almost all the titles say promo cause of some Jeffery special (the Toysrus mascot) most games/products are eligible for"
exactly. rtype final isn't on the list anyway? MUCH thanks for confirming though, because i all i had here were just display boxes -- no upc[/quote]

I realized that after I bought it, but I remembered some posting about R-Type Final earlier in this topic, and assumed that it was on sale. I also didn't have time to check the list before I left. But I was sure the Pac-Man Bundle was. Why it didn't ring up half off is beyond me.

[quote name='Lstorm34'][quote name='ViolentLee']Made "one more" trip to TRU on Sunday -- the Culver City, CA store. Not much new, but I did see two copies of Fatal Frame XBOX behind the counter. Scooped up one. Also nabbed a bunch of guides from a shopping cart literally full of them. I grabbed Mario/Luigi, Wario World, Xenosaga, Mario Kart SS, Metroid Prime, and Advance Wars 2!

I blame all of you for boasting about your finds for my returning after swearing off spending money. ;)[/quote]

is there a good selection of games left at culver city toys r us for xbox and ps2?[/quote]

As of Sunday, there were still a ton of PS2 and some Xbox. "Good selection" is a relative term, though. Most were all the ones you'd expect (sports games, Primal, Fantavision, etc.). As I said, there was one more Fatal Frame, and I saw one Onimusha Tactics, Voodoo Vince and Shenmue 2. Couldn't even see anymore DX: Invisible Wars, which was all over the place before.

By the way, I really don't get why people are buying things just to be "polite." It's more a hassle to you and the store to go through with the sale only to return stuff later. Just say "Okay, thanks" if something comes up at a different price than you thought and move on. You're not offending anyone. It's their job to help you with things like that, and they don't give a damn if you buy or not.

Toms River, NJ

There are still a lot of green-sticker 50% games. I didn't see any major ones, though, mostly cheap stuff. I picked up Sphinx (Xbox) for $6.50

You can add Wipeout Fusion (PS2) to the list for a laughable $25 after 50% (it's still $50 full price).

"It's more a hassle to you and the store to go through with the sale only to return stuff later."
actually, i had a wal-mart csr try to call the customer service desk cause she was mad that i had fooled her into asking her co-worker (she was too lazy) to get nfl2k5 out of the case for price checking. two weeks ago i had pulled "changed my mind" trick on her, and now i pulled the "double pocket" move on her and she was even madder

"You can add Wipeout Fusion (PS2) to the list for a laughable $25 after 50% (it's still $50 full price)."
scanned $50? sure i saw original tru font sticker saying either $24.98 or $14.98? hmm

[quote name='megaseadramon']scored some good dreamcast games

chu chu-4.99
ready 2 rumble-4.95
prince of persia-4.95
spawn-12.95
death crimson-4.99
virtual on-12.49
crazy taxi 2-9.99

not a bad score if i dont say so my self. And ive been looking for these for ever[/quote]

Indeed... In your list chu chu was the only one I was able to get.

Just a little update. Good news for those of you who love scanning games. The promo deal for Camp Geoffrey is over, so now Promo won't show up on everything starting 9/1. Makes it a little easier to see whats on sale.

[quote name='tubtub']Just a little update. Good news for those of you who love scanning games. The promo deal for Camp Geoffrey is over, so now Promo won't show up on everything starting 9/1. Makes it a little easier to see whats on sale.[/quote]

Good to know, but I think everybody got what they wanted already. I hope they add some more games to this list.

that's actually a fat update
hard enough to get those weak scanners to work period
every little bit helps

How many times do we have to answer this..

YES it's still going on..

The sale price doesn't ring up until someone hits total on the register..

Another little update. TRU has been playing around with the price checkers. The items usually ring up saying "50% off Green Tag Clearance" and show the full retail price of the item when you scan them. But they've been testing it where it will only say "Sale" followed by the items price at half off(thus not showing the regular full price of the item). I'm not sure which method they will stick with, but I think its easier showing the full retail price followed by the "50% off Green Tag Clearance" as it is less confusing and easier to determine whats really half off.

Sale still on here, went again last night and got:

PS2:
VF4 Evo - $10

GC
Eternal Darkness - $10

X-Box:
Dynasty Warriors 3 - $15
Shenmue II - $10
Phantom Crash - $15

The games at my store actually have the green tags now, for the first time. The employee was doing it last night. I better make one more run before the "normal" people see the stickers and start buying the good stuff, though most of it is gone.

The tough thing about scanning is quite often the UPC symbol is obscured by a portion of the plastic security case. More often a problem on PS2 and Xbox games, less on Gamecube. Also depends on the plastic case - some have that offending notch, others don't.

[quote name='WKT']The tough thing about scanning is quite often the UPC symbol is obscured by a portion of the plastic security case. More often a problem on PS2 and Xbox games, less on Gamecube. Also depends on the plastic case - some have that offending notch, others don't.[/quote]

It's not easy to be a Real Cheap Ass Gamer :D

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Can anyone confirm arc the lad for 35bucks for ps1?

does tru still have this instock?

i guess im a little late :([/quote]

It sure is $35 . It's probably gone by now.

"The tough thing about scanning is quite often the UPC symbol is obscured by a portion of the plastic security case."
quite true. has been my main obstacle, other than lazy cashiers, in getting in on the deal

[quote name='Scorch']How many times do we have to answer this..

YES it's still going on..

The sale price doesn't ring up until someone hits total on the register..[/quote]

Whoah, big guy, settle down. I understand how the sale works, I wasn't clear on whether they still were honoring 50% off prices.

arc the lad is $35
i picked up a copy

at my TRU there was still one copy left
they also had a bunch of devil may cry 2, front mission 3, zelda: majora's mask ($!5), fatal frame and VF4 Evo's.

Hey the Intec PS 5 inch LCD is 52 dollar with 50 percent off which is 26 dollars. I am wondering if I could use this with a ps2?

Is Eternal Darkness 10? I thought it was 20. I'm sure you could use the PS1 screen with the PS2, but there's no way to hook it on because it was made for the PS1. If you could rig up a way to do it, it might be worth it.

Nashville, TN Rivergate TRU
Today I picked up:

Prince of Persia (xbox) $10
Beyond Good & Evil (xbox) $10
Shenmue II (xbox) $10

3 great games for $30!

I work at toys r us in Norfolk, VA, the green tickey sale ends NOVEMBER 26 or 28th not sure, as the manager told me and is on the employee website also.

You do not have to press total to see the sale price of game, as I work register also. Just have them do a price check(price reference key on register) then have them hit Item Info key on register and it will say 50% off Green Tag if its part of the deal.

sigh.... I had to leave all 220 Xbox games in the house when I evacuated from the hurricane heading toward Florida, not to mention 414 DVD movies. I'm going to very sad if theiy're not still there. I did make a video of each one, so insurnace should cover it.... (fingers crossed)

I didn't open any of the 30 TRU cames I bought yet! Word to the wise, keep track of your games and keep all of the reciepts or have photgraphic proof that you actually have them.

Still some decent finds this late in the game. I recently picked up:

G1 Jockey 3 (PS2) - $15
Links 2004 (XB) - $10
Santa Claus Saves the Earth (GBA) - $10 (more out of curiousity than anything else, plus it seems pretty rare)

[quote name='Trakan']Is Eternal Darkness 10? I thought it was 20. I'm sure you could use the PS1 screen with the PS2, but there's no way to hook it on because it was made for the PS1. If you could rig up a way to do it, it might be worth it.[/quote]

No, it's not $10. The plastic case said $19.99 so I assumed it was $10, then I got home and checked my receipt and it was $25. But there's no sticker on the actual game itself, it was just on the plastic case they display it in (and then have to remove it from), so I can't bring it back and get it for $10 b/c I have no way to prove the sticker said $19.99. I will try, but if they don't give me the cheap price I'll return it. Not all the games in this sale are such a hot deal.

I had no time to go to TRU earlier in the sale, but I did go to two yesterday. I was only looking for Gamecube games and the first store was pretty much wiped out except for Eternal Darkness, which was $16. I figured the other TRU would probably have it also, so I didn't bother picking it up. The other store was equally cleaned out and Eternal Darkness was $25, so I didn't bother getting it at all. Oh well. I knew I didn't have much chance this late in the game.

[quote name='govegan'] The other store was equally cleaned out and Eternal Darkness was $25, so I didn't bother getting it at all. Oh well. I knew I didn't have much chance this late in the game.[/quote]

I picked this game up from CC, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I love my TRU. I'm pretty sure there are no other CAGers around me, because my TRU has nearly every game on the list still there! I've been there ten times the last couple of weeks! :rofl:

[quote name='Agent_logan']sigh.... I had to leave all 220 Xbox games in the house when I evacuated from the hurricane heading toward Florida, not to mention 414 DVD movies. I'm going to very sad if theiy're not still there. I did make a video of each one, so insurnace should cover it.... (fingers crossed)

I didn't open any of the 30 TRU cames I bought yet! Word to the wise, keep track of your games and keep all of the reciepts or have photgraphic proof that you actually have them.[/quote]

I hope everything is ok when you return.

Has anyone had to deal with insurance when it comes to this? Is just a picture of the game cases sufficient?

I'm jealous of you, Rig. Being in NYC makes it incredibly hard to get in on most deals. Once in a while you get surprised, but the shelves are usually bare. For this deal, the TRU in Times Square has bin-fuls of DoA3, Munch's Odyssey, some football game and other "common" items.

Yea, unless you go to the ones where you have to drive to the stores (no access by subway or buses). Lesser chance of them being cleared out. Must get a car and my driver's license...

damn, i know right. i didnt get my disgaea, front mission 3, and other games. do u guys know what other stuff are there at times square?

TRU Times Square:
PS2: Aggressive Inline, Alter Echo, Amplitude, Cabelas, DMC, Fighter Maker 2, Freaky Flyers, Kya, Mark of Kri, Primal, Quidditch, SSX3, Stuntman, Terminator, VF4 Evo and a bunch sports titles
XBox: BGE, Celebrity Deathmatch, Chase, DOA3, Dino Crisis 3, Disney Extreme skating, Freaky Flyers, Gladius, Kill Switch, Metal Arms, Munch's Odyssey, Roadkill, Snowboarding, Spawn, Timesplitters 2, UFC1, UFC2, Voodoo Vince, Wallace & Grommit, Whiplash, Zapper and a bunch sports titles
GC: Black & Bruised, Eternal Darkness, Rogue Ops, Spy Hunter, SSX3 and a bunch sports titles.
List is not exhaustive and to the best of my recall abilities.
One other issue with TRU TS - some of the games are more expensive to begin with, e.g., Gladius starts at $32.99 instead of $29.99.

bread's done
Back