Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

I'm going out of town for the evening, so I'm gonna throw a dedicated server up for tonight.

Name is GoonsOwn

PW is ycs

I'm testing how things work, especially the rotation. I threw a couple of dope gametypes on there, some different stuff. Hero Dogfight should be a good one, anyone who gets on that let me know how it is.

Are there any alternatives to GGL that we could suggest to incognito? I would be happy to join a mass email, but I'd want to make sure it is clear that we are very interested in future tournaments just ones that are run competently.

[quote name='BrownThunder']I'm going out of town for the evening, so I'm gonna throw a dedicated server up for tonight.

Name is GoonsOwn

PW is ycs

I'm testing how things work, especially the rotation. I threw a couple of dope gametypes on there, some different stuff. Hero Dogfight should be a good one, anyone who gets on that let me know how it is.[/quote]
Next time post this in the Clan thread. You'll probably get more visitors.

[quote name='happy']Are there any alternatives to GGL that we could suggest to incognito? I would be happy to join a mass email, but I'd want to make sure it is clear that we are very interested in future tournaments just ones that are run competently.[/quote]
The only alternative I know of is gamebattles.

Also... Yeah... My play style doesn't mesh with the "Gaming are Serious Business" players that we played in the GGL tourny, so I wouldn't be interested in future tournaments.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'd love to see where Beef apologized. Also, informing Incog what a poochscrew the GGL is is starting to sound like a decent idea...[/quote]
I think the apology they're referring to is here.

New Expansion details:

Warhawk: Operation: Fallen Star expansion pack
The third expansion pack for mighty online warfare title Warhawk, Operation: Fallen Star introduces the remote, forested Tau Crater - the site of a crashed Chernovan warship containing invaluable experimental technology. With the Chernovans trying desperately to salvage the ship, the Eucadians have arrived with a view to stealing it for themselves. This pack brings ten new battlefields to the Warhawk experience - as well as the Infantry Jetpack - a personal rocket pack that allows soldiers to soar above the fray of battle into the aerial realm of the Warhawks themselves.

Will the jetpack only work on the one new level like the other expansions? I was hoping the jetpack would be part of a free expansion for all levels.

There will probably be a layout on all the old maps that have the jetpack, like they did with the previous expansions' vehicles. Hopefully it won't just be for the largest layouts, though.

[quote name='happy']Will the jetpack only work on the one new level like the other expansions? I was hoping the jetpack would be part of a free expansion for all levels.[/quote]

While the jetpack would have been a cool addition to all the maps, I imagine they will do with the jetpack what they have done with the other new vehicles. It will have new/updated map layouts for the original maps that take advantage of the jetpack.

Of course I know they have said in the past that they don't intend to mix and match the vehicles and expansion maps from the different expansion packs (i.e. so no dropships on the Glacier or APCs on the Plant), but I'm hoping they eventually change their mind on that. I'd love to have a single map layout for each map (and gameplay mode) that is like an "Ultimate" layout with every weapon and vehicle available for use from every expansion.

Of course I think a forest sounds like a perfect (and long overdue) idea for a map. Jungle warfare FTW!

[quote name='josh_animebum']While the jetpack would have been a cool addition to all the maps, I imagine they will do with the jetpack what they have done with the other new vehicles. It will have new/updated map layouts for the original maps that take advantage of the jetpack.

Of course I know they have said in the past that they don't intend to mix and match the vehicles and expansion maps from the different expansion packs (i.e. so no dropships on the Glacier or APCs on the Plant), but I'm hoping they eventually change their mind on that. I'd love to have a single map layout for each map (and gameplay mode) that is like an "Ultimate" layout with every weapon and vehicle available for use from every expansion.

Of course I think a forest sounds like a perfect (and long overdue) idea for a map. Jungle warfare FTW![/quote]
Well...
medium_2781574257_e1f7af84ac_o.jpg
Looks like Omega Dawn... no?
Never mind... I'm idiot... I see trees now.

[quote name='Ecofreak']The new expansion looks very tempting. I wonder how long until Sony decides to bundle all 3 into one downloadable package.[/quote]
They may do it immediately and replace the current bundle.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Friggin' hilarious! :lol:

They sent me this response today:

In summation:
-We have proof positive that Beef is an idiot
-It is in NO WAY the GGL's fault that they employ an idiot :drool:
-Anything short of torture won't have me compete in the GGL again

I'd love to see where Beef apologized. Also, informing Incog what a poochscrew the GGL is is starting to sound like a decent idea...[/quote]

Sorry they cheated you out of the blade. Pure bullfuck! What a garbage organization. Sony should reward us free expansion packs for dealing with GGL's crap.

[quote name='help1']How do you guys aim in this game, good god everyone moves so fast and the PS3 controller's joysticks are so loose![/quote]

The rifle sticks to your target, so no real aiming is needed for that. 'Nades and rockets don't really need to be aimed :twisted:

[quote name='amicus']do we cagers still play? i mgiht get back into this with the new patch[/quote]

Every Friday and Saturday night.

[quote name='amicus']do we cagers still play? i mgiht get back into this with the new patch[/quote]

There's still a large CAG following for this game. It's almost cult like. :cool:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']The rifle sticks to your target, so no real aiming is needed for that. 'Nades and rockets don't really need to be aimed :twisted:[/QUOTE]

is there a way to change the sensitivity of the cursor for shooting with tanks and sniping?

[quote name='HuBu']is there a way to change the sensitivity of the cursor for shooting with tanks and sniping?[/quote]
yup - while in game you can pause it and turn it down from one of the menu options... forget exactly what ofhand, but its there.

Just downloaded the trailer from the PSstore, and good God that looks soooo epic... Hahaha, I can't stop watching it! :lol:

Isn't if funny how completely different Warhawk is now (or even next week) compared to how it was at launch? Both were different games IMO. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Just downloaded the trailer from the PSstore, and good God that looks soooo epic... Hahaha, I can't stop watching it! :lol:

Isn't if funny how completely different Warhawk is now (or even next week) compared to how it was at launch? Both were different games IMO. ;)[/quote]

It is better in most cases. There are a few things that annoy, but the game has definitely evolved a bit.
Anyone remember when it was released and people were screaming that the developers had abandoned the game, and the company was going bankrupt, etc.? I'll be honest, it made me think twice before buying. Glad I didn't :)

Whoo Hoo, combo pack for all 3 booster packs will be available:
So here are some of the details: Operation: Fallen Star is being released on August 28th worldwide and is $7.99 in the Playstation Store. We also worked with SONY to get a new bundle pack ready too. The new Booster Combo Pack includes all 3 of the expansions for only $15.99. That’s like getting all 3 Booster-Packs for the price of only 2!!!

Taken from the Playstation Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/25/warhawk-operation-fallen-star/

Well I know what I plan on doing when I see someone in a jetpack
leimeisei | August 25th, 2008 at 7:14 am
so dylan.. what happens when a plane rams a jetpacker at full speed? do they go flying across the level and slam into a building?? because that’d certainly be an interesting view if you were in the jetpack
icon_smile.gif

Dylan Jobe replied on August 25, 2008 at 9:42 am

Depends on how fast you’re traveling in the Warhawk — but lets just say that its somewhere on the spectrum of hucking you and splattering you.
BTW — there’s a trophy for it too
icon_razz.gif

Oh boy, he's responding to comments again. I always love reading those.

The BT problem is a pisser, not doubt. We have provided feedback and information to SONY team, including some links to the threads you guys have on the forums.
If we could fix the issue we would but I know SONY is on it.
First time I've seen this acknowledged by anyone close to Sony. I really hope that means an update with a fix isn't too far off.

And did everyone catch that there will be 30 new layouts for the original maps with the jetpacks? That's a jetpack version of every single layout! :whee:

Also note the 3 map combo is $15.99. Makes me think that the 4 map combo will be like $18.99.

I hope we don't have to buy the update to use the Jetpacks, because that would be lame.

[quote name='metaly']Oh boy, he's responding to comments again. I always love reading those.

First time I've seen this acknowledged by anyone close to Sony. I really hope that means an update with a fix isn't too far off.

And did everyone catch that there will be 30 new layouts for the original maps with the jetpacks? That's a jetpack version of every single layout! :whee:[/quote]
It's already annoying with the few * and ** map versions, now they'll be *** versions of every map.:roll:

Also... :bouncy: Sony needs to get off their asses and fix VOIP.:lol:

[quote name='KingBroly']Also note the 3 map combo is $15.99. Makes me think that the 4 map combo will be like $18.99.

I hope we don't have to buy the update to use the Jetpacks, because that would be lame.[/quote]
The jetpacks come with the new Expansion... so start making lameinaid (now that is lame).
The only thing the patch adds is trophies and training mode.

[quote name='mguiddy']It's already annoying with the few * and ** map versions, now they'll be *** versions of every map.:roll:[/quote]
I sort of agree with this, in fact I wish Sony would do what Halo has done (and Gears) and release the older booster packs for free after a certain amount of time through an update, that way early adopters can buy in early and eventually everyone will be able to play the same maps.

I'm almost now considering just buying this one pack since I only really want the jetpacks .... aaahhhh, decisions, decisions.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'm almost now considering just buying this one pack since I only really want the jetpacks .... aaahhhh, decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

Let me just say how much I love the APC. That was an excellent addition, much more so than the dropship. Plus the accompanying map is huge. Definitely worth the purchase in my opinion.

[quote name='iggywiggum']Let me just say how much I love the APC. That was an excellent addition, much more so than the dropship. Plus the accompanying map is huge. Definitely worth the purchase in my opinion.[/quote]
Also... APC Jumping is CRAZY MAD FUN!:lol:

The dropship is fun, but without people manning the swarm turrets, it's easy to get taken down.

I'd love to see a skilled team man the dropship... it'd probably be crazy.

Anyone read if trophies only count for ranked servers? I don't remember seeing that answered.

[quote name='mguiddy']Also... APC Jumping is CRAZY MAD FUN!:lol:

The dropship is fun, but without people manning the swarm turrets, it's easy to get taken down.

I'd love to see a skilled team man the dropship... it'd probably be crazy.

Anyone read if trophies only count for ranked servers? I don't remember seeing that answered.[/quote]

There was something about starting 10-man clans to get trophies so if that's the minimum for a ranked server then yes.

If you do not have the first two boosters you would be a fool not to get that cobo pack. That is a great price for all three.

Never before Warhawk have expansion map packs been worth it. You get a extra vehicle with every map, how cool is that?

I just wish they had a "use dropship/apc/rocketpack" option in the map browser instead of the the * system.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']OMG... the 27th is upon us! Patch should be out REAL soon! :whee:[/quote]
horse's mouth said:
The v1.5 Update goes LIVE world-wide, Wednesday @ 10:00 to 16:00 GMT…That means we have a server maintenance window from 2am to 8am Pacific time.
After we bring the servers back online after 8am Pacific, you all will be good to play.
Technically speaking, the v1.5 Update will go LIVE at 2am Pacific and you can download it then…but you wont be able to play until we bring the global server set back up.
Yay...

[quote name='mguiddy']Yay...[/quote]

Ahh, I thought it would be up tonight... I forgot they have to put the server down to implement the patch. :whistle2:#

Oh well, after I come back home from my morning classes, I'll be playing Warhawk all day I guess! ;)

bread's done
Back