old lock it up

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']CD's shouldn't retail for more than $10 anyway. I hope this makes studios wake up and start giving us music that is affordable; you know they are making money like crazy at that price anyway. Can you imagine going to Best Buy each release week and instead of getting a CD for $10 that retails for $15, you get it for $5 that retails at $10? How many people would simply stop downloading music and just buy the damn thing? How many that would have paid $15 retail now buy 3? Why is it taking so long for studios to see this? Am I wrong that they would still be making plenty of money this way?

If a movie, that costs millions to create, costs just a bit more than a CD, which is probably more in the range of thousands to create, something is wrong here. I mean, movies get theater time, but does that really offset the cost enough?[/quote]

You don't understand, though....they need to make up for lost sales on the crap artists that they have to shovel down our ears...the ones that end up failing or not selling enough like the crap pop radio they pour on us. You're right, if the music industry was smart they could drop the price of their product and make up the money in volume sales. They're just a bunch of college educated morons.

[quote name='tcrash247']Has anyone gotten their $10 copies that they ordered from the site yet? I know it shipped Tuesday, but i figured I'd get it today. I guess tomorrow.[/QUOTE]Mine showed up in the mail on Saturday. Kinda silly that $7 shipping has the album arriving four days after the retail release, but at least I can sort of enjoy the smug satisfaction of knowing I supported the artist in the most direct way possible. Honestly I would have just Amazon Primed it if I had known that option would be available for the physical release, but at least I got the full album download from the NIN.com order to tide me over during the wait.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Mine showed up in the mail on Saturday. Kinda silly that $7 shipping has the album arriving four days after the retail release, but at least I can sort of enjoy the smug satisfaction of knowing I supported the artist in the most direct way possible. Honestly I would have just Amazon Primed it if I had known that option would be available for the physical release, but at least I got the full album download from the NIN.com order to tide me over during the wait.[/QUOTE]

I just got mine today. I agree that its silly for that much shipping I recieved mine almost a week after the release date. I like packaging, so its worth it. August 29th can't come any quicker, NIN in Philly! I can't wait to hear what material they will be presenting and the stage setup.

New NIN single "Discipline" available now for free legal download!

HERE

ninlogo.gif

[quote name='becuzimbrown']What are some good (or the best) Nine Inch Nails songs? Im trying to get in to them because of a friend.[/quote]Here you go (I tried to cover all the different styles he's used/still using):
Head Like A Hole
March of the Pigs
Sorry for using a Rock Band video, but the quality is actually pretty good from it..so why not?
Sin
Gave Up
Wish
Closer
Piggy
One of the dumbest fan videos ever made.
Hurt
The Perfect Drug
Burn
Starf*ckers, Inc.
The Hand That Feeds
We're In This Together
Survivalism
Capital G

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Here you go (I tried to cover all the different styles of songs he's used/still using):
Head Like A Hole
March of the Pigs
Sorry for using a Rock Band video, but the quality is actually pretty good from it..so why not?
Sin
Gave Up
Wish
Closer
Piggy
One of the dumbest fan videos ever made.
Hurt
The Perfect Drug
Burn
Starf*ckers, Inc.
The Hand That Feeds
We're In This Together
Survivalism
Capital G[/quote]I posted this in the older thread, but I don't mind copying over for a good cause.

bread's done
Back