Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

I am not going to be expecting too mcuh from this. I know that the local game crazy have some good stuff, but i think they would be gone by the time i get there

The closest GC to me is about 45 minutes away; but it's all good because the town is small and their stock is up. So hopefully it'll be a good selection.

I'm counting on a really good selection and I'm willing to help out fellow CAGs in picking up rarer games, if mine has them. I don't plan on making a second trip though, so if anyone without a GC nearby wants me to pick something up ... PM me and I'll be glad to help out.

I use to stop by my gamecrazy all the time becuase i had the mvp movie pass thing at holleywood. Most the guys there don't know too much about video games. If there is no exclusion then i'm sure i'll grab at least a couple games i've been wanting.

I personally prefer my GC over EB and GameStop...I'm sure that it is a store-to-store thing for each of us, but GC always screws the consumer with exclusions. They are pretty competitive usually, but they are much smarter than the other 2 nationals.

I have no choice. There is only gamecrazy and walmart in my town. But the guys at gamecrazy are actually pretty cool. They hook me and my friends up all the time. I never had that service anywhere else.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, regarding the condition of games, 99.9% of all N64, NES, SNES, and basically every cart based used game that they have is cart only. The manager actually told me that due to storage issues, they actually destroy all boxes and manuals. YMMV, of course, but mine tears up boxes and instructions.[/QUOTE]

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxes and manuals DO effect resale no matter what that one guy said back on page 3. Then there are people like myself that just like nice complete games and don't like having a shoebox full of carts like I did as a kid. I'll check it out but I don't think there's anything I'll be interested in getting.

[quote name='little_krampy']NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxes and manuals DO effect resale no matter what that one guy said back on page 3. Then there are people like myself that just like nice complete games and don't like having a shoebox full of carts like I did as a kid. I'll check it out but I don't think there's anything I'll be interested in getting.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the reasons that I used to absolutely hate Funcoland.

This same shit has been going on with GBA games. These stores should be encouraging care of games.

I loved game stores in NYC in the 90s for this reason . . . (Game Trade Center!near South Street Seaport) They gave you less if you didn't have box and instructions and sold them cheaper too!

I talked to an employee at one (who's seen me there a few times recently because of the Baten Kaitos/Tales of Symphonia for $20 deal) and asked him about it, and he said he had heard it was only for "plastics" (which I would guess means NES/SNES/Genesis/N64.) He asked another employee and he wasn't sure either.

I'm going to stop by before Friday; to make sure it's for PS1 games, because that's all I'm really interested in for this deal. Granted, it's a VERY good deal, I just want to be absolutely sure that PS1 games are included.

Too bad just about all the GCs near me decided that keeping cases and instructions was for chumps and started throwing them all away for ps1 games.

[quote name='little_krampy']NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxes and manuals DO effect resale no matter what that one guy said back on page 3. Then there are people like myself that just like nice complete games and don't like having a shoebox full of carts like I did as a kid. I'll check it out but I don't think there's anything I'll be interested in getting.[/QUOTE]

But it doesnt matter to game crazy. They would sell a complete Paper Mario for the same price as a cart only paper mario.

I went into a loccal store nearby and they told me about the sale right away, after I said I was looking for N64 games.

According to what I was told, all games on older systems will be 3 for $15. So that excludes and PS2, GC, and Xbox. No mention of an exclusion list.

They also said that GC is starting to clear out the older system games and will probably stop buying/selling old system games soon after.

Too bad the location near me do not have many "good " games, lots of Crash Bandicoot...:p

[quote name='Scorch']Oh look, and me with the option to return Wrestlemania for $50 in store credit (since it doesn't work well on my XBox)!

KA-CHING! Oh my god, I'm going to load up so huge on this. Dreamcast and N64 games ahoy!

This is the best news EVER.

No. Life is not this good. There has to be a catch. There's no way it's any game. There's just no way. I'm going to go down in the morning and return WM or something and ask about it. I must have confirmation.[/QUOTE]

no stop it... you are not returning wm21..... your one of the only ones around here supporting the game

[quote name='guyver2077']no stop it... you are not returning wm21..... your one of the only ones around here supporting the game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm returning it, then turning around and ordering it again through Gamefly for $29.99 used.

So this explains why someone stole the printout of ps1 games available at my GC. Im guessing they are checking ebay to see what to pick up when the sale starts.

I just stopped by GC. Of course i didnt mention anything to the guys there. I dont think they know yet since they usually fill me in on these deals ahead of time. So i just skimmed through. Not too many good games. I think i'll grab tactics ogre, mario party 3, and twisted metal small brawl. there wasnt too many good games there.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Not too many good games. I think i'll grab tactics ogre, mario party 3, and twisted metal small brawl. there wasnt too many good games there.[/QUOTE]
$5 Tactics Ogre? I don't know what more you can ask for. ;) It's a lot more than I'll be getting, which is zero.

I'm so jealous, cause I don't have this store...bleh.

Edit:
Confirmed...damn it. I want in on this so bad. :(

[quote name='tcrash247']Does Hollywood Video open at 10:00? If so, I'm shooting down there when they open Friday.[/QUOTE]

I think they do open at that time. Either that or 11, not sure exactly as to which. Wow this thread has gotten through 7 pages with sale not even available.

God, I love GameCrazy. Just got Paper Mario 64, Dr. Mario 64 and Harvest Moon 64 reserved for Friday. All cart only, but still.

And they're for my collection, so don't try to make any offers!

Hopefully I will be able to get to GC when they open Friday. The store closest to me still has a lot of high priced games for PS1, DC, and a few for N64. I know I'll get Klonoa, TOD1, and Grandia for PS1 if they are still there.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']is gamecrazy open till 9 like EB? i'm gonna check tomorrow for sure. god i love collecting games.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and 10PM on Friday and Saturday nights

Well I have reserved:
Alundra
Ehrgeiz
Wild Arms

They also had Tomba, Tomba 2, and Alundra 2 which are a little hard to find. My gamecrazy has a list of all their psone games. In it was Intelligent qube, but it turns out the list was out of date and the game was gone. :( I got one other gamecrazy in town to check out to check out

Great deal, but I'm not going out to Crenshaw in South Central to find the one GameCrazy in the area. Best of luck to everyone hoping to find some older gems on this deal.

Do all Gamecrazies store overstock somewhere else? Or does that only apply to some and for the others it's "what you see is what we have?"

I ask this because when it comes to older games, they have an entire see through display case for N64 and Gameboy Color games, but only one shelf each for Dreamcast and PSX games? They also reserve more space for nearly all now-ancient SNES/Genesis sports games.

I don't want to look like a dumbass asking, "So are these all of your PSX/DC games?"

[quote name='ViolentLee']Great deal, but I'm not going out to Crenshaw in South Central to find the one GameCrazy in the area. Best of luck to everyone hoping to find some older gems on this deal.[/QUOTE]0

Aww Crenshaw....I remember driving down there...Good times good times.:lol:

[quote name='erehwon']Well I have reserved:
Alundra
Ehrgeiz
Wild Arms

They also had Tomba, Tomba 2, and Alundra 2 which are a little hard to find. My gamecrazy has a list of all their psone games. In it was Intelligent qube, but it turns out the list was out of date and the game was gone. :( I got one other gamecrazy in town to check out to check out[/QUOTE]

how do you RESERVE Games i called and they said they dont hold anything

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Do all Gamecrazies store overstock somewhere else? Or does that aonly aplly to some and for the others it's "what you see is what we have?"

I ask this because when it comes to older games, they have an entire see through display case for N64 and Gameboy Color games, but only one shelf each for Dreamcast and PSX games? They also reserve more space for nearly all now-ancient SNES/Genesis sports games.

I don't want to look like a dumbass asking, "So are these all of your PSX/DC games?"[/QUOTE]

My GC has a list in a binder and if you want one they will look through a drawer taht has them in sleeves. Most are non complete.

[quote name='slidecage']how do you RESERVE Games i called and they said they dont hold anything[/QUOTE]

I think it might be a YMMV type of a situation. I called up two of my Gamecrazies and they said that they would only hold items for a day and that's it. Wish I could reserve games until Friday like others have been doing.

I work at a GC and there has been no word of an exclusion list. I even listened in on a conference call today between the district manager and all the store managers. 3 for $15 on any NES, GB, GBC, GENESIS, SNES, N64, PS1, and Dreamcast. I'd scan a copy of the memo but my junk scanner died months ago.

Ah crap... I'll be in school this Friday before 10:00, so I can't even go ibefore school to snag some PS1 games.:whistle2:( And what makes it worse is that I don't have school on the 27th or 28th! Arg!!! Why did this sale have to start on the day I have school!

Well, maybe I can go in on Thursday and ask them to hold on to some games for me. Or maybe the employees will hog everything worthwile...

A question: will 3 classics automatically ring up for $15 or will I have to have a coupon of some sort?

dang't and I finally gave in and got ogre battle 64 for 30 bucks. Actually I made my GF get it for my birthday which would make it even harder to return. Do you think they will take it back and let me rebuy 30 dollars worth of stuff (yes I know it was kind of asked already). I plan on spending at least 100 bucks at this easy.

I checked today (After paying off Pokemon Emerald) and looked at the games. Kind of a meagar selection, but I have my eye on A Link to the Past (SNES). Hopefully itll still be there at 3 PM friday.

I stopped by the one here In Springfield and confirmed this deal and the guy behind the counter confirmed that him and a couple of other guys that work there scooped up the harder to find games.

[quote name='dutch72']I stopped by the one here In Springfield and confirmed this deal and the guy behind the counter confirmed that him and a couple of other guys that work there scooped up the harder to find games.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I'm surprised, nor that I wouldn't do the same thing myself. Oh well. Hopefully there are a few decent leftovers.

[quote name='rally9x']dang't and I finally gave in and got ogre battle 64 for 30 bucks. Actually I made my GF get it for my birthday which would make it even harder to return. Do you think they will take it back and let me rebuy 30 dollars worth of stuff (yes I know it was kind of asked already). I plan on spending at least 100 bucks at this easy.[/QUOTE]
Their policy seems pretty strict about not being able to return used games unless they are defective, so I seriously doubt it...

Oh boy..

There are a few PS1 and N64 games that I'm considering getting. Looks like I'm gonna have to check out a couple Game Crazy stores after class. There are two that I could pass by on the way home.

oh and just to make you jealous i grabbed a mint copy of suikoden and diablo on psx. oh and zelda majoras mask and kirby for 64. oh yeah i rock.

hey rally9x, yeah you can return it say that it doesnt work its your psx or something. most employees dont really care since we get paid like immigrant sneaker makers so they'll usually just give u credit. dont try rebuying ogre battle again with the credit. it might be possible but risky. depends on the employee. and heads up to everybody waiting for the sale. you dont have to wait. just ask the employee to hold the games you want. we can hold them for a week. just act completely oblivious to the sale.

I'm fully expecting to go in there Friday morning and not be able to find any of the hard to find games left, but I'll go anyway. I might try going in tomorrow morning and see if all the good stuf hasn't already been snatched up by the employees...

not all employees are taking part. the store closest to my store didnt really care. not to many employees are old school gamers considering most are still in school. youll probably be surprised at what you find.

bread's done
Back