Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

this is what pisses me off in living in a small town. No gamestores, I get all my games from wal-mart or off the net. SO I miss out on deals like this. WWHHHHYYYYY!!!?????

actually its kinda surprising that you have no gamestores near. id think you would since small towns are boring like mine. we have games and alcohol and mediocre clubs. more like high school dances with strobe lights.

Yeah, i'm in a small town and we have just GC and walmart. And the guys there are huge xbox fanboys. When i went today all the games they usually had were still there. So much like their "baten kaitos, tos for 20" or their "50 dollars worth of gba games get a gameboy advance free" they were surprised they had it going on.

Dang. I'll have to check this out. I've been wanting to get some oldshcool games, but the good ones are pretty expensive.

Hope I can get my hands on some good stuff.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Oh boy..

There are a few PS1 and N64 games that I'm considering getting. Looks like I'm gonna have to check out a couple Game Crazy stores after class. There are two that I could pass by on the way home.[/QUOTE]

Which Gamecrazies are you planning on hitting up? I'm planning for the ones at Flamingo and Pecos, Pecos and Windmill, maryland and Silverado, and the two other stores that I don't remember on the west side.

[quote name='lurknomore']It's a wonder how these game companies make any money....(except for their uninformed dumb customers)...[/QUOTE]

its really really simple: the game retails like ebgames, gamestop and gamecrazy are more like loan sharks than they are pawn shops: they offer people 3 dollars for a game in trade in credit and then resell it for $30. that is their bread and butter.

however, they DO run some reallyl nice trade in promotions, so take advantage of those, and dont trade in all your games there, just during the promotions.

as for this sale, there is really nothing i want that i dont already have.

as for the resellers/ebayers you have to realize that no one can make a living reselling games on ebay, they would make more money flipping burgers at mcdonalds. so really if someone wants to try to make money on a deal, its fair game, but again, just remember they would make more money flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

I just got back from work, and re-read the memo and asked my manager, he said that it has no exclusions.

ALSO IT STARTS ON THURSDAY, NOT FRIDAY.

I am gonna get Mr Driller, Vagrant Story, and Ridge Racer 64, along with Mario Tennis, Killer Instinct Gold, and The World Is Not Enough on N64.

Maybe Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and somethin else too.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Which Gamecrazies are you planning on hitting up? I'm planning for the ones at Flamingo and Pecos, Pecos and Windmill, maryland and Silverado, and the two other stores that I don't remember on the west side.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably check out the ones closer to my side of town:

Nellis & Stewart
Eastern & Bonanza
Bruce & Charleston
Flamingo & Pecos

[quote name='mr_pollock']Will it continue into Friday? Or is it a Thursday only thing?[/QUOTE]

Only mentioned a thursday start date, no ending date. It could be a permanent thing until we clear out our stock of old stuff.

But our store would look pretty empty, then.

[quote name='jer7583']Only mentioned a friday start date, no ending date. It could be a permanent thing until we clear out our stock of old stuff.

But our store would look pretty empty, then.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean they only mentioned a Thursday start date? Because you previously said it was starting on Thursday, not Friday.

Just clarifying.

When i went in to confirm at a store near me, he told me the 28th, and I asked him 3 times because I was expecting Friday as an answer..

[quote name='mr_pollock']Did you mean they only mentioned a Thursday start date? Because you previously said it was starting on Thursday, not Friday.

Just clarifying.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thursday. I changed the subject line and the initial post to reflect that.

Ogre Battle, Mr. Driller, and Vagrant Story

Along with

Ridge Racer 64, Killer Instinct Gold, and The World is Not Enough on N64.

I also want Final Fantasy Chronicles and Bushido Blade 2.. I wish we had something cool like Parasite Eve 2, or Einhander..

Thursday the sale starts? Thats even better news for me. I have to work Friday, but I have thursday off. :)

I hope i can get the following:

PS1
---------
Suikoden 2 (highly unlikely)
Valkryie Profile (highly unlikely)
Wild Arms
Legend Of Legaia
Ehrgeiz (highly unlikely)
Chocobo's Dungeon
Monster Rancher
Vanguard Bandits (highly unlikely)
Tales Of Destiny (highly unlikely)
Tales Of Destiny 2 (highly unlikely)

Dreamcast
------------------
PowerStone (highly unlikely)
Powerstone 2 (highly unlikely)

N64
---------
Mario Party
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros (might want)
Mario 64

SNES
---------
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Return Of The Jedi
Mario Kart
Earthbound (highly unlikely)
Breath Of Fire (highly unlikely)
Breath Of Fire 2 (highly unlikely)
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Power Rangers Zeo Battle Racers

NES
-----------
Bubble Bobble (highly unlikely)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
Maniac Mansion (highly unlikely)
Bubble Bobble 2 (highly unlikely)

I hope to at least find 12 of those (and hopefully the highly unlikely ones, heh)

If ANYONE happens to pick up a Suikoden 2 from this sale, even if it's disc only, I'd be very willing to buy it from you, for whatever cost. Probably not ebay-like prices, but considering it was had for $5 and probably will be disc only, i'll offer a reasonable price. I just want to play the game, not nessecarily for collecting purposes.

I hope i can get the following:

PS1
---------
Ehrgeiz (highly unlikely)
Monster Rancher

N64
---------
Mario Party
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros (might want)
Mario 64

SNES
---------
Mario Kart
Earthbound (highly unlikely)
Donkey Kong Country

NES
-----------
Bubble Bobble (highly unlikely)

I know we have these at my store. If you happen to find Parasite Eve 2 or a good condition Vagrant story, I'd be willing to do some trades. The ergeiz is disc only though. We have 2 of them.

I highly doubt anyone will find Suikoden 2. It is like the rarest ps1 game. I'd love to get a hold of it myself. I used to own it, but one of my friends stole it off me, and moved away before I noticed it missing. the bastard. :(

But that is one of the games I'd definitely buy. Last time I checked my game crazy, they ddint have any of the games i was really looking to get.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I highly doubt anyone will find Suikoden 2. It is like the rarest ps1 game. I'd love to get a hold of it myself. I used to own it, but one of my friends stole it off me, and moved away before I noticed it missing. the bastard. :(

But that is one of the games I'd definitely buy. Last time I checked my game crazy, they ddint have any of the games i was really looking to get.[/QUOTE]

I know it's hard to find, I'm just asking, because if someone does find it, I hope they will grab it for me, rather than pass it off because its a disc only copy, or it's not in the best shape. I just want to play it, I don't care about the case or if there's stickers on the disc, as long as it plays.

I'd definitely trade something for Earthbound. I have never even played the game. But oh so want to!

But, yah, I don't like giving out information about myself to strangers.

People, just to let you know, the chances of you finding Suikoden II are EXTREMELY slim. That game (along with Suikoden, Rhapsody, Rez, PDS, Gitaroo Man, Chrono Trigger etc etc etc) are on a "can no longer special order list" These are games that when SO forms were sent, NO STORES had available copies. Out of 720, none. That doesn't mean, none have it, but the chances are less then 1%. Best bet is to hit up Dreamcast titles, those seem to be the easiest (in terms of rarity) to find. Myself? I'm going to be picking up Paper Mario, Mario Party 3, Mario Party 2, BoF III, Dragon Warrior VII, Giga Wing 2 and a couple others. Nice finds (I do work for GC though so I'm privy to "infinite hold bin itis")

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I highly doubt anyone will find Suikoden 2. It is like the rarest ps1 game. I'd love to get a hold of it myself. I used to own it, but one of my friends stole it off me, and moved away before I noticed it missing. the bastard. :(

But that is one of the games I'd definitely buy. Last time I checked my game crazy, they ddint have any of the games i was really looking to get.[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone hasn't visited digitpress lately.
Suikoden 2 is HARDLY the most rare of the PS1 games.
Heck, it's not even the rarest of the Konami made games.
(For trivias sake, the rarest US released Konami games are Yu Gi Oh Forbiden Memories Premium (an 8) and Goal Storm 97 (a 7) by comparison, Suikoden 2 is a 4.

Sure, Suikoden 2 may be more highly demanded, but is hardly rare.

I know we have these at my store. If you happen to find Parasite Eve 2 or a good condition Vagrant story, I'd be willing to do some trades. The ergeiz is disc only though. We have 2 of them.

hey jer7583. we have a parasite eve 2 that has the original box not sure about manual but i really want a copy of ergeiz, dont care if it doesnt have a case. ill put it aside today just in case. let me know.

record of lodoss war and evolution were pretty good. and egg was unique but i enjoyed it. there weren't to many ones worth mentionnig. oh avoid timestalkers, poopy. oh wait i forgot phantasy star. even te offline mode was awesome.

Popped in one yesterday to do some recon and all of their PS1 and DC stuff was disc only :cry: N64 stuff was just cart only, but cart only is a lot better than disc only to me. Had a few N64 games I'd pick up if they are still around on Friday for sure.

Woops, just saw this is starting Thursday now. :)

Thanks for updating the OP, jer!

[quote name='rickybee2003']I know we have these at my store. If you happen to find Parasite Eve 2 or a good condition Vagrant story, I'd be willing to do some trades. The ergeiz is disc only though. We have 2 of them.

hey jer7583. we have a parasite eve 2 that has the original box not sure about manual but i really want a copy of ergeiz, dont care if it doesnt have a case. ill put it aside today just in case. let me know.[/QUOTE]

PMed

Also looking for Star Ocean for PSOne. Great game.

I'm going to go stake out my store today and see if the employees haven't already started reserving items for themselves and what's left there. Need to return some movies any how today, so it's right next door :D.

Edit: just noticed that the OP has changed the title from Friday to Thursday. Yay!! Woohoo!!

Well sorry if I dont have my facts staright. I know alot of people would be picking up Suikoden 2 over those other games anyways. Maybe tahts why there rare. Konami has a tendacy of releasing only a certain number of copies of a game. And I know theyve always limited there numbers for Suikoden games.

Man, now I gotta go to Gamecrazy I haven't been there in over a year and a half due to my local store being one of the worst run game stores I have ever seen. I can't go in there without being angered to the point of wanting to burn the place down because of the lame fanboys behind the counter and there non-existant sales skills for anything non Gamecube related.

Ok, I've called 3 nearby GC stores. Two of them believe the sale has already started, and I'm going to have to call the other tomorrow because the guy working didn't know, and his manager won't be in until then. I'm starting to think I should head over tomorrow and see what the deal is.

My local store has a few PSX games that I'm interested in... hopefully they'll still be there on Friday.

As a side note, does anyone have any idea why PGA European Tour is worth so much for the N64? Man, I got a review copy of that game years ago and traded it in... I couldn't believe it was still worth $39.99. Must just be rare. :)

[quote name='m1lesteg']Ok, I've called 3 nearby GC stores. Two of them believe the sale has already started, and I'm going to have to call the other tomorrow because the guy working didn't know, and his manager won't be in until then. I'm starting to think I should head over tomorrow and see what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Does this mean that some stores are already selling 3 for $15?

Well I scoped out the 1 Gamecrazy in my area and there were some nice titles there for the PS1, then there were like 1 to 3 good titles for the DC and the Genesis. Very disappointed in the NES, SNES, and N64 selections. Some of the titles I noticed for the PS1 are Brigandine, Ehrgeiz, Legend of Mana, Street Fighter Collection 2, and Vagrant Story. For the DC I saw Skies of Arcadia, Record of Lodoss War, and Soul Calibur. Then I saw a cart of Shining Force for the Genesis. That's about all. Of course, there was 1 copy of each of these titles there so they will either be gone when I show up or it's first come first serve with me only able to get one hour after they open. Of course I'll try though.

I went to GameCrazy during my lunch break today to trade in some things and I saw no signs of the 3 for $15 today nor did the employee who helped me out mention it at all.

All of the games that would be part of the sale have the normal price tag on them. I will check back there on Thursday. I'll probably be looking for some Mario games for my N64.

Terry

I'm just hoping that I can get Super Mario RPG. I've been wanting to find that title for years now and I know my wife would love to get a chance to play it.

My store was pretty picked over for most other things, but there were a few PSX titles that I wouldn't mind to own again.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Well sorry if I dont have my facts staright. I know alot of people would be picking up Suikoden 2 over those other games anyways. Maybe tahts why there rare. Konami has a tendacy of releasing only a certain number of copies of a game. And I know theyve always limited there numbers for Suikoden games.[/QUOTE]

Many people wanting it means that there is a higher demand, not a higher rarity.
While that may lead to less copies on the open market, and perhaps even the illusion of rarity, that does not equal true rarity.
There are far more rare games that Suikoden 2 that can be had for a fraction of the the price.

Konami doesn't really have a history of specifically limiting games. Save the Yugioh Premium edition, they rarely do. Suikoden is an anomoly because the first and second game sat on shelves for a long, long time and then suddenly got popular after the print runs had long ceased. I bought both on clearence... Konami MORE than met the intial demand for the product. Suikoden was a middle tier title (and probably still is) in the US for quite a while... it doens't make financial sense to print as many copies of it as they were of Castlevania, Metal Gear, etc.

[quote name='nwaugh']Wait, what? Does this mean that some stores are already selling 3 for $15?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I second the notion that employees are just mistaken.

What's the policy on putting a hold on games? Have most people had luck in being like, "Hey, can I get a hold on this until the sale?" I might have to resort to hiding games I want when I go by tomorrow.

You know, is it really that important?
It would be nice to get a couple of games to fill a few holes in your collection, but it worth the fretting and pacing some of you seem to be doing?

I may have a skewed point of view, but I really don't see it as being that big a thing to get worked up over... if they have them, great.
If they don't, oh well.

Is GameCrazy the Hollywood Video equivalent of Blockbuster's GameRush (ex. store within a store) or is it its own store by itself? Cause I have a Hollywood Video near me that I've never been to, but no GameCrazy nearby that I know of. If anyone knows of any in Westchester, NY, let me know.

[quote name='arsenalgear']Is GameCrazy the Hollywood Video equivalent of Blockbuster's GameRush (ex. store within a store) or is it its own store by itself? Cause I have a Hollywood Video near me that I've never been to, but no GameCrazy nearby that I know of. If anyone knows of any in Westchester, NY, let me know.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly what Gamerush is like... I actually believe it's the model Blockbuster copied from, as there have been multiple Gamecrazy outlets near me for years, and just within the past year has Blockbuster been rolling out the Gamerush stores.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i am going to spend so much at this sale.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that, but I really can't think of that many titles that would be worth it for me...

bread's done
Back