Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

I'm gonna miss being able to get classic games somewhere other than ebay...that being said, my ass is going straight over there after work...there be some DC games i need held pronto (yes...its THAT important...my DC needs some lovin)

I went yesterday and while browsing for possible purchases this Thursday I was approached by a salesman. He asked if I wanted a tip and he told me to come back Thursday for the $3 for $15 deal. I played like I had no knowledge of the sale, thanked him for the tip, and went on my marry way.

keep on gaming

[quote name='gopro']WOW HOW GAY. Hawaii doesnt even have a Gamecrazy unless I swim across the ocean and get eaten by sharks or drown to get to the nearest Gamecrazy. SO GAY!![/QUOTE]

I'll trade you... you move to Ohio and I'll move to Hawaii. :) There is only one Gamecrazy in my town at all. So hopefully they will have something good for me.

schnuth

I found one store that had Valkrye Profile and Ogre Battle 64,and Final Fantasy Legend 1 but in the completely opposite direction I found a store that had Phantasy Star IV, Starcraft 64, Mario Kart 64, Starfox 64, Paper Mario 64(I still have a sealed copy though), Decisions Decisions. Valk Profile had Case. I should have asked to see the discs and if it had instructions but I was in a hurry.

Are U guys sure about it being a company policy to hold the games? Becuz I was in a GC today and I asked a chick that was working there and she's like "uh, I don't think so." Then she asks this older lookin' dood that was workin' there and he's like "uh, we don't hold games." I asked him if he was sure of that, becuz at a different location I've gotten games held for me b4, and he's like "yeah, I'm sure." I smell a RAT!

[quote name='goldendrag0n']Are U guys sure about it being a company policy to hold the games? Becuz I was in a GC today and I asked a chick that was working there and she's like "uh, I don't think so." Then she asks this older lookin' dood that was workin' there and he's like "uh, we don't hold games." I asked him if he was sure of that, becuz at a different location I've gotten games held for me b4, and he's like "yeah, I'm sure." I smell a RAT![/QUOTE]

I don't think it's company policy; I'm pretty certain that it's YMMV per store. In my case, I think I found a manager who was very cool about helping customers. I think he understands that helping out eager customers in a situation like this will mean customer loyalty in the future.

[quote name='nwaugh']I don't think it's company policy; I'm pretty certain that it's YMMV per store. In my case, I think I found a manager who was very cool about helping customers. I think he understands that helping out eager customers in a situation like this will mean customer loyalty in the future.[/QUOTE]

If you were managing a store like one of these and had a big sale where a significant portion of your stock would fly off the shelves, would you be holding titles for anyone BUT perhaps the guy who comes in and drops $50+ weekly?

I'm imaginging that nwaugh is a regular at that store... people generally don't bend over backwards to help (especially around a sale such as this) unless you're a regular customer.

[quote name='goldendrag0n']Are U guys sure about it being a company policy to hold the games? Becuz I was in a GC today and I asked a chick that was working there and she's like "uh, I don't think so." Then she asks this older lookin' dood that was workin' there and he's like "uh, we don't hold games." I asked him if he was sure of that, becuz at a different location I've gotten games held for me b4, and he's like "yeah, I'm sure." I smell a RAT![/QUOTE]

I smell a greedy person. Why would a store owner want to take titles off of the shelves that are CERTAIN to sell, unless it's a regular customer that they know will come buy them?

Newer stores may do it to try to eek out a loyal customer base, but if it's an established location, I don't think any managers would do it unless they were exceptionally nice people... it's too much of a hassle to manage.
You'll often do someone a favor and put in a hold, and then they won't show up for weeks on end, so you eventually sell the title... and then the person comes back and swears up a storm because you sold "thier" copy.

It's a shame, but it's the few pushy, greedy people that end up ruining it for everyone else. If you do find a store that holds, you may want to tell people about the location. I'm sure the store manager would appreciate the extra business.

I haven't bothered asking about having games held. Seems a bit unsporting :) Of course that means I'll probably get to GC at 11 or so tomorrow and find everything long gone.

The longer the wish lists that people have posted, the longer their faces will be when they find that all of the games have been scammed!

I will go to look, but I have no hopes of any good finds.

Yeah, I hope to get in on this deal but I feel when I finally get a chance to stop by after work that they will be cleaned out. I'm only really looking for UN Squadron for SNES and maybe some Dreamcast games.

[quote name='schultzed']The longer the wish lists that people have posted, the longer their faces will be when they find that all of the games have been scammed!

I will go to look, but I have no hopes of any good finds.[/QUOTE]

That's the best way to look at it...
things like this always tend to happen.
A list of a sale, or news of a sale hits the boards, and then people work themselves up into a frenzy over it.

Then, when the sale hits people come back disappointed, whine and complain in the thread, and I've even seem some cases where the posters started to flame the OP.

[quote name='JSweeney']That's the best way to look at it...
A list of a sale, or news of a sale hits the boards, and then people work themselves up into a frenzy over it.

Then, when the sale hits people come back disappointed, whine and complain in the thread, and I've even seem some cases where the posters started to flame the OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, anything I get from this sale will be a bonus. I may not even make it to my GC, but if I do, I'm walking in expecting to walk out with nothing. Of course, I'll still bring in some $$$ to spend just in case. ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk']Yeah, anything I get from this sale will be a bonus. I may not even make it to my GC, but if I do, I'm walking in expecting to walk out with nothing. Of course, I'll still bring in some $$$ to spend just in case. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's kind of my outlook as well, since it's not going to be possible for me to make the drive to the nearest store until Saturday.

I need to call my store now and see if they're willing to hold games for me until tomorrow. I know of 3 games that I definately want... I could probably stretch it to 6 without much of an issue though as well.

Anyone know Gamecrazy's return policy?

Would it be possible to buy the games you wanted tonight, then return them for a refund (so you can buy them at 5 dollars)?

Is that too crappy, that they would nix you?

Anyone know Gamecrazy's return policy?

Would it be possible to buy the games you wanted tonight, then return them for a refund (so you can buy them at 5 dollars)?

Is that too crappy, that they would nix you?

This was already covered earlier in the thread, it is very doubtful they will let you do this (return used games) and would be HIGHLY risky.

I just put some games on the side so I was wondering how many disks does Lunar: Silver Star Story and rpg maker have?

I asked for two games and the guy said that they don't have it but I can special order them but I have to pay $6 on shipping/process charges on each game. Is this correct and has anyone tried it?

Well, they said they should be able to set them aside if they have the time.

Here's hoping that I'll get my copy of Super Mario RPG after all. :)

My problem is that I've seen some of the games there that others have mentioned here. I'll just have to decide how many of those I should pick up to help out people here.

In the past I have people 'hold' games for me that are taken my by a guy that works a different shift. So always becareful.

Just scoped out the GC nearby. There wasn't anything too notable, except a copy of Super Star Wars and Super Mario World. I also saw a copy of Vagrant Story, FFT, and several Skies of Arcadia for DC. I'm not sure if they're disc only or not, because every single game was in a sleeve, which either means every single game is disc only, or they keep some cases behind the counter (which seems unlikely).

If anyone is interested in those, it's the GC in Arlington, VA, just two or so blocks from the Courthouse Metro stop. I'd be willing to pick one of them for someone as well.

RPG maker is rare? Mine has a copy of that, I didn't hold any PS1 games, though. I doubt i'll pick it up, mainly because I don't have a PS1 :p

i asked around here and they act like they had no clue what i was talking about they called someone and said its going to be for NES Gamegear and snes stuff only 8 and 16 bit stuff. we will see tomorrow i got 2 games on hold to see i think something like alnudra and diablo something like that neither seem very rare but wanted to play them.

[quote name='Scorch']RPG maker is rare?[/QUOTE]

Mine has one too.

I might just end up going crazy and buying too many titles though.. I have to be careful. The N64 selection at my store was pretty sad. I was hoping to find Starcraft and a few others, but oh well.

Wow, that's totally innapropriate for any employee to take an item that's on hold for you.

I've had that happen before and I was furious, why would you take something reserved for a customer for yourself if you work somewhere?

I don't and won't take that kind of treatment, ask for a manager and get the item you took the time to reserve.

I'm going to post this is Request-a-Deal also, but I'd like cart-only copies of Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island for SNES, which my GC doesn't have. I'm willing to pick up some cart-only games I don't really want if someone has or knows they can get those games in exchange for something like FF Chronicles (PS1), PGA European Tour (N64), the Tetris/Dr. Mario combo cart (SNES), etc. Note that I don't have any of the games I just listed, but my GameCrazy does. If someone's up for such a trade, let me know what to look out for. (No, there's no Earthbound, no Suidoken, etc.)

Thursday is the day, I was going off memory and a quick 5 min glance at the memo between customers when I started the topic. Sorry.

Well, I didn't really think I'd get much out of this deal, but I took a wrong turn during lunch today and came across a GameCrazy that I didn't even know existed. The clerks were nice enough to hold some games for me until tomorrow. I found some decent stuff.

PS1:
Diablo (complete)
Alundra (disc only)
Arc The Lad Collection (discs only)

Genesis:
Shining In The Darkness (cart only)
Gunstar Heroes (cart only)

DC:
Powerstone (disc only)
Sword Of The Bezerk (disc only)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (disc only)
Vanishing Point (disc only)

I have to ask this. I'm going back to my hometown this weekend and there's GC's aplenty there. So what's the skinny on this place? Also what type of stuff should I take with me to trade-in? I have plenty of fodder laying around. This will be only my third time going in one of these stores. I'd love to get in on this deal while I'm there. Any kinda help is appreciated.

[quote name='JSweeney']That's the best way to look at it...

Then, when the sale hits people come back disappointed, whine and complain in the thread, and I've even seem some cases where the posters started to flame the OP.[/QUOTE]

The joys of YMMV-dom. I'm guilty of it once, and as soon as I was proven wrong, I apologized and thanked the OP. Human nature to blame someone else for your misfortune, it seems.

Don't blame me, I just let you guys know about it. I COULD have ignored it and tried to keep all the goodies to myself, but CAG is the best online community ive been involved in.

If you don't get stuff its cause of grubby GC employees or because some store decided they would hold everything in the store for people. Our store isn't holding anything. ANYTHING. im gonna be there at open on thursday. Gotta get Ogre Battle, Vagrant Story, Mr Driller, and that Ergheiz for somone on this board.

[quote name='jer7583']Don't blame me, I just let you guys know about it. I COULD have ignored it and tried to keep all the goodies to myself, but CAG is the best online community ive been involved in.

If you don't get stuff its cause of grubby GC employees or because some store decided they would hold everything in the store for people. Our store isn't holding anything. ANYTHING. im gonna be there at open on thursday. Gotta get Ogre Battle, Vagrant Story, Mr Driller, and that Ergheiz for somone on this board.[/QUOTE]

I'm very happy you spilled the beans early. Personally, I'm not looking for anything, though I know other CAGs are happy you let us know about it. I certainly wouldn't blame you for anything on this.

gmzone was looking for Ergheiz, jer. That's who you were trying to think of.

I too appreciate the early heads up. Actually I never even knew there was a GC near me until this topic forced me to check it out. Nothing spectacular but did find disc only copies of Dragon Warrior VII and Devil Dice and a complete copy of Parasite Eve in decent condition which the clerk was kind enough to hold for me for tomorrow. Unfortunately the DC selection was virtually non-existant, just a few old sports games.

I already know the 3 game crazys within easy driving distance of me have already stashed back when the rumor started of the sale. Sucks but i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles.

I have these on hold:

PS:
Lunar: Silver Star Story
RPG Maker
Orge Battle

N64:
Paper Mario
Kirby

DC:
Fatal Fury: Mark of the wolves.

I went by my old store and confirmed it for tomorrow. Picked uo numerous games already..

N64
Kirby 64
Zelda Majora
Ogre Battle (!)
Castlevania : Darkness
Mario Party 4
Mario Tennis

Genesis
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 3

PS1:
Lunar Eternal Blue

Few others too I can't remember

After reading about all the crap retail workers go through in the other thread, they deserve something of a break like this once in awhile.

Went by the GC near work and got a few titles reserved:
GBC -
Kirby's Tilt & Rumble
Bust a move millenium

N64
Super Smash Bros
Mario Tennis

PS
Dragon Warrior 7

They had a decent selection of GB-GBC titles, i will probably end up getting 1-4 more of them if they are still there tommorrow morning.

Barring a battle at the door (just kidding) I will be picking up the following:

PS1
Ehrgeiz
Monster Rancher
Silent Hill
Wild Arms
Legend Of Legaia
Chocobo's Dungeon

SNES
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Mario Kart
Super Return Of The Jedi
Breath Of Fire
Power Rangers Zeo Battle Racers

N64
Mario Party N64
Mario Tennis N64
Ridge Racer 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers N64
World Is Not Enough N64

GB
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon 2
Metal Gear Solid

Most are for me, but a few are for my friends. They will be working, so they asked me to pick them up. I went in today and found them, the manager said he wouldn't hold them, but to talk to him when they open tomorrow and he would hook me up!

Thanks OP!

Edit:
Holy Crap! I'm a Veteran! I mean I already was a Veteran (9 years in the Air Force), but now I'm a Veteran on here.......What does that mean?

I found some good stuff, but they won't hold any games for me. I'll stop in when they open tomorrow morning.

i go to work at 10:00 tommorrow. I already told the guy who works before me, that i'll be late. he said he can't cover me becuase he has to leave early. I was like "fuck it, just lock up, like i said i'll be late".

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Are chocobo's dungeon/legend of legaia rare or good? i saw both of them, but wasnt too interested.[/QUOTE]

They're good for $5 each. Chocobo's Dungeon is pretty hard to find complete, but I wouldn't say it's rare. Legaia isn't rare either.

I think I need to swear off CAG after tomorrow. It's not the money I'm killing; it's the time. Fortunately, tomorrow is my birthday, so I may have a little more leeway when I become "missing" from work around 9:30 and reappear at noon. I needs you, my PS1 RPG preciousssssssses.

I lucked out big time at my local GC. I've got the following on hold

PS1 (All Complete)
Suikoden II
Thousand Arms
Guilty Gear
GH Castlevania:SOTH

SNES
Tetris/Dr. Mario (Cart Only)

N64
The New Tetris (Cart Only)

I hate hearing about all these Gamerush and Gamecrazy deals. You would think they would have a few in South Florida, but no.

bread's done
Back