Once Upon a Time… the OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I thought it would be appropriate to celebrate Sergio Leone as his films so clearly influenced the magnificent Inglourious Basterds.

For starters, here's a British documentary that covers his career and features Quentin Tarantino.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlPdNNqzjXc

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

I'm not going to lie, I still haven't seen A Fistful of Dynamite because I am a little worried that it won't stand up to his other westerns. :oops: I think I'll take care of that this week.

5 stars for actually being posted after the old one reached 500 posts, and for not being made by a pariah. Oh, and the subject is pretty :cool:, too.

Fistful of Dynamite doesn't stand up to his others. Still good though. fuck though, never got around to watching that Kubrick doc, now I have this too.

I loved the scenes in Inglourious Basters, with the bright, red acrylic blood. (It was on the tip of Pitt's knife in one of the scenes.)

(A Leone signature.)

Oh, and Leone is the greatest director to ever walk this Earth.

fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I shit on Guitar Hero a lot, but less than 300MSP to import Obstacle 1, One Armed Scissor and some Creedence into GH5 and beyond is nice.

"You do not need the disc, only the code on the manual. My download was 1.27GB. There's a seperate download for GH:Smash Hits (Greatest Hits if you're not in the US) and one for Band Hero. The DLC also has a small download.

The list of songs I'm seeing right now is as follows:whistle2:

About a girl - Nirvana
Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz
Band on the Run - Wings
Dammit - Blink 182
Demolition Man - Sting
Do it Again - Steely Dan
Everlong - Foo Fighters (handy for a chord based bonus challenge for ESP sponsor gig!)
Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar
Hollywood nights - Bob Seger and the silver bullet band
The Joker - The Steve Miller Band
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
L'Via L'Viaquez - The Mars Volta
Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Love Spreads -The Stone Roses
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Never Too Late - The Answer
No Sleep Til Brooklyn - Beastie Boys
Obstacle 1 - Interpol
One Armed Scissor - At the Drive-In
One Way or Another - Blondie
Our Truth - Lacuna Coil
Overkill - Motorhead
Re-Education Through Labor - Rise Against
Santeria - Sublime
Shiver - Coldplay
Soul Doubt - Nofx
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Stillborn - Black Label Society
Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Today - Smashing Pumpkins
Toy Boy - Stuck in the sound
Up around the Bend - Creedence
You're gonna say yeah - Hushpuppies"

http://forums.xbox.com/28704826/ShowPost.aspx

I hope they add The Doors to that list eventually. Well, I would prefer they just release them in RB but beggars can't be choosers.

This Team Fortress 2 idler needs to start unlocking me some new hats, man... I keep unlocking a bunch of worthless shit.

[quote name='zewone']Obstacle 1 all day.

I need a code from where? GH5's manual?[/QUOTE]Yep.

Wow, Band Hero doesn't have a single song worth importing.

Good job at making JolietJake quit the internet for the night, st0neface. I bet he was pressing each button with great force in that last post.

Morning, OTT.

All General Mills cereals have seen a significant cutback in portions...and increased prices. Still gotta have the Banana Nut Cheerios though...so good!

[quote name='st0neface']What the fuck? When did Lucky Charms half the size of their marshmallows?[/QUOTE]

It's been that way for awhile. Trix got smaller too.

If you drive a Chevy Camaro the good thing is you get free pizza at Papa John's today.

The bad thing is you're a douchebag for driving a camaro.

So tired today.

Stayed up too late playing Batman.

:whistle2:(

But I got a 4 day weekend!

:bouncy:

Anyone here get their $50/9 :br: orders from WBShop yet?

I've been charged the $49.xx, but my order is still 'In Process'

[quote name='seanr1221']Which season of Batman:TAS is the best?[/QUOTE]

1 or 2.

I'd almost lean towards Season 2 set, since it had the best BTAS episode ever: "Almost Got 'im"

[quote name='JolietJake']Damn Kennedy died. :([/QUOTE]

Good riddance to bad rubbish

holllllly shit OTT, we've picked up an extra member for our trip.

lots of good stories to be told, and i think i'll have one up on the blog tomorrow.

currently staying in a hostel in shin-osaka with my brother and member number 3. this guy... well, i can't tell whats up with him, lonely, crazy, creepy, all of the above?

we're friends now so i can't really discuss the initial thoughts on him on the blog since he knows it, but all i'll say is that when we first met him, I was pretty sure he wanted to get my brother drunk for dubious reasons and the first night we met, we agreed to him offering us free food leading us down shady alleys and shit. i can't believe we accepted his offer at the time, but i'm glad we did. he has proved to be super helpful.

i'll give a more complete story later.

--
budge, melon soda commonly comes in powdered form, not liquid, so i should have no problem picking that up for you.

all else, we plan on shopping our last 3 or 4 days, so i haven't even been looking at anything yet that isn't food related.

so, to summarize, japan still awesome, food is great, we have a drinking buddy who has decided to follow us on our trip, we're safe for now, hostels have been great, and we're having a great time.

i'll probably be around in the morning (5-7pm for you west coasters) so maybe i'll see ya'll then.

till then, much love to the ott!

I thought the last season of Batman TAS was the best. Legends of the Dark Knight and Over the Edge were great episodes.

[quote name='lordwow']http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/08/in_flight.html[/QUOTE]

Holy shnikes .. I can't tell if thats an optical illusion or if the rotors of those three helicopters are intertwined.

[quote name='manthing']

But I got a 4 day weekend!
[/QUOTE]

Me too! *high five*

*furiously washes hands*

[quote name='crystalklear64']holllllly shit OTT, we've picked up an extra member for our trip.

lots of good stories to be told, and i think i'll have one up on the blog tomorrow.

currently staying in a hostel in shin-osaka with my brother and member number 3. this guy... well, i can't tell whats up with him, lonely, crazy, creepy, all of the above?

we're friends now so i can't really discuss the initial thoughts on him on the blog since he knows it, but all i'll say is that when we first met him, I was pretty sure he wanted to get my brother drunk for dubious reasons and the first night we met, we agreed to him offering us free food leading us down shady alleys and shit. i can't believe we accepted his offer at the time, but i'm glad we did. he has proved to be super helpful.

i'll give a more complete story later.

--
budge, melon soda commonly comes in powdered form, not liquid, so i should have no problem picking that up for you.

all else, we plan on shopping our last 3 or 4 days, so i haven't even been looking at anything yet that isn't food related.

so, to summarize, japan still awesome, food is great, we have a drinking buddy who has decided to follow us on our trip, we're safe for now, hostels have been great, and we're having a great time.

i'll probably be around in the morning (5-7pm for you west coasters) so maybe i'll see ya'll then.

till then, much love to the ott![/QUOTE]

Awesome. What nationality is the 3rd guy? And what's the link to your blog?

Over the Edge and LOTDK are in the top 5 BTAS episodes for sure.

But S4 also has the absolute WORST episode out of all the Timm TAS shows ever, 'Critters' with the Farmer Brown guy.

I also prefer the look of Seasons 1-3 than the Gotham Knights revamp.

Plus Season 2 has the Grey Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back