(OOS) New $9.99 games @ CircuitCity.com (Most titles on sale week of 5/27 at CC B&M)

wlau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Price mistakes again? Might be a good time to use those $10 off $10 coupons. Free shipping on orders $24+. These prices are NOT good instore, but some people are having luck price matching.

Just about everything is out of stock now.

Browse by category:

PS2
Xbox
GC
GBA
PSP

Highlights (the best games):

PS2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tekken® 5 (PlayStation®2)
Fight Night Round 3 (Playstation 2)
Resident Evil® 4 (Playstation®2)
Kingdom Hearts II (PlayStation®2)

GC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paper Mario®: The Thousand-Year Door (GameCube™)

GBA

Super Mario® World Advance 2 (Game Boy® Advance)

PSP

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP™)
Fight Night Round 3 (PSP)
Loco Roco (PSP™)
Gangs of London™ (PSP™)

[quote name='ricoraney']I just got back from a Circuit City near me and none of the prices were the same as their online counterparts. Howeva! I got them to price match all the items that I picked up despite most of them being out of stock online.

Here is my haul:

Paper Mario 2
Kingdom Hearts II (Original cover!)
Tekken 5
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
...[/QUOTE]
I just got back from the CC in Skokie near Chicago with Paper Mario 2 (Player's Choice) and KHII (also original cover) PM'ed to the web site. For Chitown folks, there's a handful of each title in the GameCube and PS2 Greatest Hits sections. The CC on Elston (actually in Chicago) is supposed to have Paper Mario but not KH, based on my call over there. I already bought RE4 from CC when it was ten dollars last time, and I don't need the rest.

ProTips: Printing out the web site's product pages and prices are very helpful in price matching, just to repeat what everyone else here has said. If no one picks up the phone when you call for availability in the games department, simply ask customer service to page someone for assistance. Worked for me in Skokie.

I tried to PM both KH II and Paper Mario. I brought in the print out, and when they checked the site, the girl told me they weren't allowed to price match the printout if the site showed differently. Am I just unlucky?

[quote name='joshythegreat18']I tried to PM both KH II and Paper Mario. I brought in the print out, and when they checked the site, the girl told me they weren't allowed to price match the printout if the site showed differently. Am I just unlucky?[/quote]

Hmm... looks like they fixed the site & the games are now back at retail......

that's a bummer if the site showed OOS and 19.99 there's no way they'll look it up on their computer and PM the printout

I just got back from CC an hour ago, and I scored Paper Mario for $10. I had the printout of the website (complete with date and time of print on bottom of page). The guy stared at the page for awhile, but then manually entered the code. When I got back, I refreshed the page I printed, and the price had changed back to $20. Mission accomplished. Thanks, OP!

This sucks baboon ass! I have wanted Gangs of London for the longest (I know it sucks but I still want to try it out) and at ten bucks would have been great. Now it's back up to thirty. Why GOD WWWHHHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up. I stopped by the sore earlier today and was able to price match it (KH2 and PMTYD). The girl was nice enough to go online and check and it was no problem. I guess I just got lucky. Now all I need is a PS3 or a WII :dunce:

[quote name='joshythegreat18']I tried to PM both KH II and Paper Mario. I brought in the print out, and when they checked the site, the girl told me they weren't allowed to price match the printout if the site showed differently. Am I just unlucky?[/quote]

Exact same thing happened to me as well, 2 stores checked and denied me. Bastards.

[quote name='qpwoeiruty']Picked up KHII about an hour ago. So happy :D
They still had 5 non-GH left. Looks like I got in just in time. Thanks OP![/quote]

Why do folks care whether it's a GH version or not? What's the diff?

[quote name='vtcheapgamer']Why do folks care whether it's a GH version or not? What's the diff?[/quote]

for collectors purposes... seeing how all non GH FF games have a higher value over the GH ones no doubt to that! ;)

Esthetically it's just nicer, too, but I'm not one of those people who worry a lot about that kind of thing. If I see the two versions sitting right next to each other, I'll pick the non-GH version, but I'm not going to go way out of my way. It's the same game, after all (and in some cases, the GH version is actually improved in minor ways).

[quote name='icruise']
It's the same game, after all (and in some cases, the GH version is actually improved in minor ways).[/quote]

How many GH games actually have added content? I realize some games were only released as GH (or Platinum Hits, Player's Choice, whatever), but I'm referring to games like Silent Hill 2, where the GH version is the one to own? Are there any others, or is SH 2 the only one?

I was successful with the printout from the website. THANK YOU OP! I picked up Gangs of London and Ft Nt Rd 3 for PSP.

I don't. It's the game itself that matters to me. Some people do care about that sort of thing though... Looks prettier or something.

About 1/3 of my games are GH versions. Although... if they're the same price I'd pick up the non-GH every time.

[quote name='vtcheapgamer']Why do folks care whether it's a GH version or not? What's the diff?[/quote]

waxHead: Shouldn't that be true of all later pressings of the game rather than just based on a GH label?

I printed out the pages & b4 i head to pricematch local CC but the price wentup back again...... I should go to bestbuy tomorrow instead & get Resident Evil 4 and Gang of London.

[quote name='qpwoeiruty']
waxHead: Shouldn't that be true of all later pressings of the game rather than just based on a GH label?[/quote]

No, not at all, actually. Most represses/reprints are done just to get the game into the hands of people who want it, and of course make some more money for those involved. AFAIK, represses don't involve changing the actual game content at all, simply sending out more copies of a game that sold out, was initially limited, etc. There are titles that have different or improved content from the initial release, but these are generally re-released with a new title, signifying a change in the game, such as Fable: The Lost Chapters. Silent Hill 2 is the only title I know of that actually features new content as a GH title, but doesn't say so anywhere on the packaging. I'm curious if there are other games out there like that.

[quote name='waxHead']Silent Hill 2 is the only title I know of that actually features new content as a GH title, but doesn't say so anywhere on the packaging. [/QUOTE]

What differences did it have, and why were they significant, if you don't mind my asking...

I was able to pricematch Mario Advance 2 off of a printout about an hour and a half ago. I went to the customer service counter and asked for a price check on the game first, and it came up normal price. I then mentioned that circuitycity.com had it on sale today for $9.99 and laid down the printout. The girl looked at it for about 5 seconds and then responded,"well, I can go ahead and change the price on it for you!"

Sure made my day!

[quote name='boagman'] What differences did it have, and why were they significant, if you don't mind my asking...[/quote]

PS2's SH2-GH has an extra bonus mission, Restless Dreams, like the XBOX and PC version did.

The only other differences between some GH and non-GH I know of are bug fixes, but I thought that they would remaster the disc if the bug was significant. I bought GT4 the day it came out and it was a bit buggy. I got another copy later on and I didn't have the problem anymore. I just figured that they fixed the bug in the new copies...

fucking hell i seem to missing all the deals nowadays... does anyone have a screen capture of the loco roco page, i want to try and PM it at some store...

worker told them they could not PRice match them cause they were no longer on the webpage. They then said maybe i should check back around july 4

so maybe these are part of the July 4 sale and someone just put them up on the site just a little early. fingers crossed cause there was a few psp games i would loved to grab

[quote name='bmarquardt']Edit: Prices raised and back to normal on the website. Dead.

Link to Games Section

Tekken® 5 (PS2)
Fight Night Round 3 (Playstation 2)
Jaws™ Unleashed (PlayStation®2)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PlayStation 2)
Lego® Star Wars® (PlayStation®2)
Resident Evil® 4 (Playstation®2)
Kingdom Hearts II (PlayStation®2)
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 (PlayStation 2)
Star Trek: Encounters (PlayStation 2)

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP™)
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (PSP™)
Ape Escape® Academy (PSP™)
World Tour Soccer 06 (PSP™)
Fight Night Round 3 (PSP)
Loco Roco (PSP™)
Gangs of London™ (PSP™)

Lego® Star Wars® (Xbox™)
Pac-Man World 3 (Xbox™)
The Simpsons: Hit & Run (Xbox)
DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)

Lego® Star Wars® (GameCube™)
Paper Mario®: The Thousand-Year Door (GameCube™)

Super Mario® World Advance 2 (Game Boy® Advance)[/QUOTE]
This is why you have to strike while the iron is hot! I had just came back from Circuit City today and logged on to CAG when I noticed this thread. I immediately jotted down the games and rolled back out to Circuit City and racked up! I had plans on hitting up another location but it appears that all the good stuff is back to normal price.

[quote name='SDC']Do you think CC would take a PM from the website?

Edit: gb2003, you totally beat me to that![/QUOTE]
Absolutely, they did it for me today. 13 games

[quote name='slidecage']worker told them they could not PRice match them cause they were no longer on the webpage. They then said maybe i should check back around july 4

so maybe these are part of the July 4 sale and someone just put them up on the site just a little early. fingers crossed cause there was a few psp games i would loved to grab[/QUOTE]

Oh man, it's that time again already. Circuit City summer sale is almost here :)

Went in after work and got Paper Mario:TYD and KHII with printouts from the site. No questions asked.

It looks like those titles will be on sale for $9.99 in the week of 5/27.

Perhaps cc.com messed up and prematurely activated the sale price somehow.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='icruise']Esthetically it's just nicer, too, but I'm not one of those people who worry a lot about that kind of thing. If I see the two versions sitting right next to each other, I'll pick the non-GH version, but I'm not going to go way out of my way. It's the same game, after all (and in some cases, the GH version is actually improved in minor ways).[/QUOTE]
How many GH games actually have added content? I realize some games were only released as GH (or Platinum Hits, Player's Choice, whatever), but I'm referring to games like Silent Hill 2, where the GH version is the one to own? Are there any others, or is SH 2 the only one?[/QUOTE]
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition was GH-only unless you got the PC or DMC Collection versions.

Edit: Oh! And don't forget "Pseudo" GH games like MGS Subsistance and Substance.

[quote name='eau']It looks like those titles will be on sale for $9.99 in the week of 5/27.

Perhaps cc.com messed up and prematurely activated the sale price somehow.[/QUOTE]

Has this been confirmed?

[quote name='Maxwell31']Has this been confirmed?[/QUOTE]
Even if not, I totally do not doubt it. It's happened before.

[quote name='CZroe']Even if not, I totally do not doubt it. It's happened before.[/QUOTE]

There's another post with the pricing up. Might be good to go. Come next week Gangs of London is mine if this sale is true.

Bah, I guess I have to make another trip next week. They had a non-GH Kingdom Hearts II, but of course the prices were fixed on the website already so I couldn't pricematch. Bah.

Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts II are two titles I have been waiting to find a good deal on. Somehow missed this thread before so looks like i will be lining up at CC in a few Sundays (unless these hit internet again).

Got my games today. What was even better than the games themselves, though, was that they included a new $15 off $100 coupon - good through the end of July and this one does not exclude game purchases like the last in-store one did. Hopefully these will be available in stores as well, though I probably don't need more than one. NOW, if they come up with a half-decent summer sale I'm set. $15 off $100 makes even the $16.96 games a bit more palatable (though right now I'm sure I can't find enough I'd want to hit $100 - hopefully more will be added though). The best is when they have the 20% off sale on those titles - I managed to use a $15 off coupon the last time they had that.

[quote name='icruise']Don't worry, they're going on sale again soon.[/quote]
You meant the Cool Deals 25% off ?

bread's done
Back