[OOS] Xbox 360 Premium Systems (no bundle) in stock at walmart.com

[quote name='iluvpoop']you guys are lucky i went to best buy at 7 in the morning and there were at least over 60 people there than i went to circuit city and tons of people there also im so angry now, they said they wont be gettin another shipments of xbox 360's til january[/QUOTE]

I've been thinkin about that. Given that the North American launch is supposed to be 1,098,000 units, I think there will be a few small shipments between now and christmas. There is NO way that the very limited quantities out now total 1 million. Not when the DS launched with 1 million and the numbers per store were very different. Find out when various stores get shipments. Or maybe show up early everyday.

[quote name='iluvpoop']you guys are lucky i went to best buy at 7 in the morning and there were at least over 60 people there than i went to circuit city and tons of people there also im so angry now, they said they wont be gettin another shipments of xbox 360's til january[/QUOTE]

Why are you angry? If you wanted it that bad you should have paid $100 to pre-order.

If you're persistant enough you will find one in 2-3 weeks. If you just think you're going to walk in a store and find one, you won't. Call everyday around noon and ask (whatever store you choose). They WILL get more in. You think MS just decided not to ship anymore for the next 2 months? C'mon

Angry?

You had no plan and show up at 7 expecting to get one? Angry with yourself I guess.

[quote name='Indiana']Why are you angry? If you wanted it that bad you should have paid $100 to pre-order.[/QUOTE]

And then you could have your pre-order cancelled.

[quote name='gizmogc']If you're persistant enough you will find one in 2-3 weeks. If you just think you're going to walk in a store and find one, you won't. Call everyday around noon and ask (whatever store you choose). They WILL get more in. You think MS just decided not to ship anymore for the next 2 months? C'mon[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Don't be a moron and buy on Ebay. Wait,and there will be more before Christmas.

So we know that the people who were fortunate enough to get Fedex or UPS shipping had their systems shipped out of the Memphis TN area. Does anyone know if the APX orders are shipping out from the same area? I was wondering knew the fact on this, not just assuming.

My APX tracking info state that my order should arrive between the 24th and the 1st. Problem is I'll be out of town from the 23rd to the 27th. I don't want anyone to have a free gift just becuase USPS decides to leave an Xbox at my apartment door for 3-4 days.

I get a hold of APX customer service, I really don't think the "customer service" exists. I live in Memphis, so if I had the option I'd go pick the package up at it's location myself.

[quote name='andayaman']
My APX tracking info state that my order should arrive between the 24th and the 1st. Problem is I'll be out of town from the 23rd to the 27th. I don't want anyone to have a free gift just becuase USPS decides to leave an Xbox at my apartment door for 3-4 days.

[/QUOTE]

You are getting APX tracking info? and not the Manifest statemen?

[quote name='andayaman'].

[/QUOTE]

Might have double post...but you are getting APX tracking info? Not Manifest from Partner statement?

[quote name='gizmogc']If you're persistant enough you will find one in 2-3 weeks. If you just think you're going to walk in a store and find one, you won't. Call everyday around noon and ask (whatever store you choose). They WILL get more in. You think MS just decided not to ship anymore for the next 2 months? C'mon[/QUOTE]

Holy shit . . . they are peaking over $1200 on ebay right now. WTF are people thinking . . . they will be widely available for $400 in after Xmas. Who "needs" the system this badly?

ASAP, (providing it arrives) mine is going out on ebay . . . Let's say you could make $400 . . . that would cover the cost of owning one.

posted on the gaming-age forums.
My head explode.

So I called APX today to find out what was up and why I haven't recieved any new information on their tracking information. They tell me that they never got the package from Wal-Mart.

WhaWhaWhaaaat?

I'm told to go and call Wal-Mart and find out if there was a problem on the order. So I do that, tell them how my bank account was already charged and they said it was shipping and I wanted to know if something had happened.

I'm put on hold to figure out what's going on and I'm told that the order did actually ship on 11/19 like our tracking information says, but it has to be sent through USPS and then APX gets it and then it gets shipped out.

And APX has no clue about this because I was told that they go to WalMarts facilities and pick it up themselves, and WalMart didn't have it. Because WalMart shipped it to them through USPS. And I am confused.

One thing was made clear though. Don't expect these until next week.

DRAMA.

[quote name='foxout']You are getting APX tracking info? and not the Manifest statemen?[/QUOTE]

No tracking info from APX...that company ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! I just have the "manifest" statement. There is no customer service to be found by calling their service numbers. I usually get the "You have reached us after normal business hours" recording...thing is they SHOULD be open at this time.

I called Walmart customer service and all the could tell me is that I am scheduled to receive the package December 30th-January 1st(generic answer). That BETTER not be the case, especially if that thing ships out of Memphis...I live in Memphis ********!!

They finally updated my order on the USPS link you can click to from the APX page:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 22, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

[quote name='jaybird']They finally updated my order on the USPS link you can click to from the APX page:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 22, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."[/QUOTE]

This is a good sign,sadly mines not updated like that yet :(

[quote name='andayaman']No tracking info from APX...that company ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! I just have the "manifest" statement. There is no customer service to be found by calling their service numbers. I usually get the "You have reached us after normal business hours" recording...thing is they SHOULD be open at this time.

I called Walmart customer service and all the could tell me is that I am scheduled to receive the package December 30th-January 1st(generic answer). That BETTER not be the case, especially if that thing ships out of Memphis...I live in Memphis ********!![/QUOTE]

What? :\

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. Due to the ridiculous prices on Ebay, I will be putting it up for auction there. There is simply no way to justify it to myself to keep it, I can wait another month or two.

[quote name='jaybird']They finally updated my order on the USPS link you can click to from the APX page:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 22, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."[/QUOTE]

Has anyone else had this happen yet? Mine still only is showing the manifest on the apx page and nothing when I click on the usps link.

edit- its now showing it,some progress is being made in our tracking,finally.

We now know APX has our 360's,now they just need to hand them off to USPS.

[quote name='matrixadw']Has anyone else had this happen yet? Mine still only is showing the manifest on the apx page and nothing when I click on the usps link.

edit- its now showing it,some progress is being made in our tracking,finally.

We now know APX has our 360's,now they just need to hand them off to USPS.[/QUOTE]

My USPS tracking shows that its prepared for pickup on 11/22. USPS usually updates later at night. I'd check around 10pm EST and you should see some sort of progress on it.

[quote name='buya89']now that EVERYONE is ebaying it expect cheaper prices on ebay[/QUOTE]

nah, they are still hitting $1100 for just the premium system(no games or extras)
someone would have to be insane to keep one of these systems and play it when they are fetching mad money on ebay.

I just got email from walmart saying they are cancelling my order. :whistle2:(

Ditto here - but the APX website hasn't changed a bit.

[quote name='frank21_1981']even seen a couple go for 3000 people are insane[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind a lot of people making these ridiculous bids on eBay as well as the people selling the Xboxes have zero or little feedback. While some of them may be legitimate, there's obviously been a lot of cases of:

1) People upset at someone else for getting one and deciding to ruin the auction by bidding a huge amount and refusing to pay
-and-
2) People who were selling a system that they hadn't bought yet, and now that they got beaten to Wally-World and Best Buy by the hordes of other gamers, are desperately raising their auction through the roof so that nobody else wins and finds out.

ditto here.

Although this is strange. Walmart says it 'has shipped' APX says for three days, we don't have it but have a letter saying we need to pick it up, and now the USPS says, we were notified to expect a package to be dropped off. Doesn't this seem like a lot of hastle and unnecessary steps?

i just followed the link and it said "IN STOCK" as i entered all my info and try to buy it it said "THE ITEM JUST WENT OUT OF STOCK"

:hot:

[quote name='Slayzz']Its in stock right now but shipping is $400!!!.[/QUOTE]

I called them and they said they are out of stock...wtf?

[quote name='Slayzz']Its in stock right now but shipping is $400!!!.[/QUOTE]

Still a better deal than Ebay right now...

I contacted APX about my shipping manifest and they told me that they still have not received the item from WalMart. Im speaking with WalMart right now as they say the item was indeed shipped so I'm not too happy at the moment as it seems I have a $444 donation to WalMart right now...

Update: WalMart has no idea either and wants to run a trace on the order. Of course, this will take 8 days to find anything out about it so I'm waiting to speak to a supervisor as I do not intend to give them a loan for the time being.

paramount, I went through the EXACT same steps as you have. I finally got a hold of APX a few minutes ago after a whole day of trying. APX says they don't have the package and Walmart thinks the system shipped. Nobody knows anything. The only think that is known is that my credit card was charged by Walmart. Let me know how it goes.

[quote name='schultzed']I just got home and my 360 was waiting for me . . . I have to run to the store to get a game to play on it. APX comes through.[/QUOTE]

Schultzed, even though you got the system, what does your tracking information say? What city are you in, and what city did the package ship out of? I'm very curious

[quote name='andayaman']Schultzed, even though you got the system, what does your tracking information say? What city are you in, and what city did the package ship out of? I'm very curious[/QUOTE]

I was just bullshitting because I was bored looking at all the same complaints.

I have no idea where my 360 is (my guess is that WalMart "lost" control of them and all of them are now on ebay).

This Walmart to APX to USPS connection is total crap.

Those who drew UPS or FedEX lucked out massively.

Mine does appear to have been passed on to USPS.

My tracking number from APX connects to USPS and now USPS says:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 22, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

This is progess because yesterday the link said something like . . . no information is available . . .

I've spoken with APX regarding the USPS update. Their stance is that is exclusive of actually shipping it, it is just a notification to USPS. Here's the problem with the whole APX debacle. If you got UPS or FedEx good for you, you lucked out with a parcel carrier. APX on the other hand is not like UPS or FedEx in that they are a freight company. Freight companies will are just in charge of getting an item to a region and there at the locality another company will usually be the one that delivers it to you. I've had freight items shipped to me before, but these were industrial sized items ala 600 lbs. So why is a measly Xbox being shipped freight you ask?

I've spoken with a supervisor at WalMart and according to the company when they have overflow they ship out via APX, even for small items. This sounds fishy but as someone who is ignorant about this issue, I have to give them benefit of the doubt.

Now, why is APX showing the manifest is received only? The person I spoke with today at APX was not really sure what was going on so she could not explain anything further than the website. The APX representative yesterday and had more insight, and said that the WalMart delivery was only received on Monday and there was nothing to be concerned about regarding timely delivery.

Now what do I believe and where will I go with this information?
Well, frankly shipment is guaranteed no later than 12/1. Until then, there really is no recourse because I agreed to those delivery terms. If the item is not received by then, WalMart will automatically refund the amount. Do I like that I was charged as soon as the item shipped? Of course not, but they are entitled to that right. Personally, I am optimistic that I will receive the item with no headaches. From everything I've learned it is clear that APX is your normal freight company. APX isn't interested in providing fancy websites, up-to-date shipping information, or lightning fast deliveries. By the time that website is updated I'm sure I will be buying my next 360 game. Until then, I will bide my time.

Here's my WM.com/APX story:

I called WM.com yesterday, and after getting two different stories from one CS rep, I asked for a Supervisor. This person GUARANTEED (her word, not mine) that the "Manifest received by shipping partner" message on the APX website indicated more than just paperwork had been generated - She said that this meant that the product had actually been placed in a box and had been delivered to (or picked up by) APX. She said this had to be the case because, the way WM.com works with APX, they don't have anything to scan until they have a physical package, which is what creates the APX "Reference Number" that links to the APX site.

I also told her that I had called APX and had gotten the same story that many others have written they have gotten - Specifically, that APX was saying that they hadn't received a package due to the presence of only that "Manifest received by shipping partner" message on their website. She said that the APX rep was probably responding based upon the way they process most of their packages, but that this was not the way that things worked with WM.com.

Finally, I asked her why my credit card had not yet been charged. She looked at my order, and said that it was probably just a matter of their on-line system getting caught up, since she saw that an authorization for payment had been generated. Sure enough, between last night and this morning, the charge hit my credit card.

So, after having that conversation, I feel a lot better about things. I felt as though I had actually dug up someone at WM.com who really knew how things worked around there, as opposed to some rep who had to put me on hold to go and ask someone else about what a particular message means on WM.com.

I checked on things tonight, and the link from APX to the USPS tracking number now displays a different message for me. It says, "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 22, 2005 to expect your package for mailing." It didn't say that before, as the previous message indicated that USPS had no record of that tracking number on their site. So, why would APX let USPS know that there was a package "expected" for mailing if APX was not in possession of one?

So, as far as I am concerned, things look pretty good right now. Again, I would like to send out a HUGE thank-you to Msia for posting the original link to the WalMart.com page. You hooked up a bunch of us CAG's with this system, and I greatly appreciate it! :bow:

[quote name='EnsignGarak']...Again, I would like to send out a HUGE thank-you to Msia for posting the original link to the WalMart.com page. You hooked up a bunch of us CAG's with this system, and I greatly appreciate it! :bow:[/QUOTE]

Yes. I meant to thank you too. Much respect and gratitude.

[quote name='EnsignGarak']...Again, I would like to send out a HUGE thank-you to Msia for posting the original link to the WalMart.com page. You hooked up a bunch of us CAG's with this system, and I greatly appreciate it! [/QUOTE]I'll drink to that! :beer: :beer: :beer: Thanks!

Yeah that link gave alot of CAGers second hope. I might not have one right now, but I'm sure theres plenty of people with smiles on their faces right now.

Hey People did anyone who ordered from sam's club order out of the pending stage? I haven't got any emails and they said they would ship on the 22nd...Just courious if anybodys is actually shipping?

[quote name='Msia']No problem, glad I could give back to the site and fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

You did it and the site (me included) owes you. Bravo!

[quote name='whitson77']My Xbox 360 delivers tomorrow via Fed Ex. [/QUOTE]

I liken this to a man coming into a room of starving people shouting he just had steak & lobster.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'll drink to that! :beer: :beer: :beer: Thanks![/QUOTE]
yes, thanks to you i can put yet another 360 on ebay for a healthy profit. SIKE!! KIDDING!! i just received an email saying that my xbox is on its way, and they adjusted the shipping price already as well. thank you!

[quote name='thagoat']yes, thanks to you i can put yet another 360 on ebay for a healthy profit. SIKE!! KIDDING!! i just received an email saying that my xbox is on its way, and they adjusted the shipping price already as well. thank you![/QUOTE]
NOOOOO! I refused to order while it had the 400$ shipping charge, and this includes earlier today...guess I should've pulled the trigger and argued it with them later.

[quote name='zzl365']NOOOOO! I refused to order while it had the 400$ shipping charge, and this includes earlier today...guess I should've pulled the trigger and argued it with them later.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i didn't even have to argue. they did it on there own. i just got word. if i had to put up all the money up front, then i wouldn't have ordered. but since its just a number on my credit card, it can always be adjusted. in the end, i knew that walmart would not and could not charge that much for shipping.

I like how my credit card has been charged the price of two Xbox 360 premiums yet my order status still displays processing.

[quote name='zillax0rz']I like how my credit card has been charged the price of two Xbox 360 premiums yet my order status still displays processing.[/QUOTE]
yep, its that crazy shipping charge. better give em a call if they already charged it!

bread's done
Back