[OOS] Xbox 360 Premium Systems (no bundle) in stock at walmart.com

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Took the day off. By the way, shipping for the core package is 300$ for ground shipping. This is crazy weird.[/QUOTE]

You took the day off? Isn't Thanksgiving break like next week? And you are spending $400+ online buying an Xbox? Holy shit that would never fly in my house growing up. I had to be on my death bed to miss a day of school. I also love it how parents yank their kids out of school for a week of vacation because it's a convenient time for them to go. Please tell me you are in college and you mom is just up visiting or something. I swear, kids these days...

[quote name='javeryh']You took the day off? Isn't Thanksgiving break like next week? And you are spending $400+ online buying an Xbox? Holy shit that would never fly in my house growing up. I had to be on my death bed to miss a day of school. I also love it how parents yank their kids out of school for a week of vacation because it's a convenient time for them to go. Please tell me you are in college and you mom is just up visiting or something. I swear, kids these days...[/QUOTE]

LOL, if you thought Generation Y was spoiled, I can only imagine what Generation Z will be like.

Just trying to help - I mentioned this as an "Edit" on the previous page, so maybe it has been missed. I apologize for the "repost" if anyone is annoyed, but...

I went directly to WalMart.com by manually typing the URL into my browser, and plugged in my order number to their system. It returned my order details as reflected in my E-mail confirmation, so everything looks pretty good so far.

[quote name='EnsignGarak']$439.70 - I just placed an order, and that's what I was charged, too. Considering that my late-August preorder at EB Games isn't expected to arrive in their store until late December / Early January, seems like the Wal Mart option was worth a shot...[/QUOTE]

I ordered and my total was 438.68.

It's LEGIT!!!! They changed the UPC codes on them so they count as a different item. Just got off the phone now!

I bit and ordered one since i didnt preorder anywhere else. now i just cross my fingers for a few days to see if it ships

Just as a thing to note, I'm pretty sure it's nothing, but if you compare the 2 different product links for the Platinum System, one of the shipping weights is 1.0 LB and one is .3 LB, which is probably totally off :p and the walmart no. at the bottom too for one of the links is all zeros and the other one is an actual number... just a note...

[quote name='Mutalator']Just as a thing to note, I'm pretty sure it's nothing, but if you compare the 2 different product links for the Platinum System, one of the shipping weights is 1.0 LB and one is .3 LB, which is probably totally off :p and the walmart no. at the bottom too for one of the links is all zeros and the other one is an actual number... just a note...[/QUOTE]

I just talked to Wal-Mart representatives on the phone. They said it's legit.

Today is when authorized online retailers are allowed to start selling, so I'm also thinking this is legit. Circuit City starts selling theirs at 2 p.m. today as well.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']I ordered and my total was 438.68.[/QUOTE]

Well, I live in the People's Republic of Minnesota, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that the sales tax rate wherever you live to be lower than mine...

[quote name='EnsignGarak']Well, I live in the People's Republic of Minnesota, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that the sales tax rate wherever you live to be lower than mine...[/QUOTE]

The land of the free and the home of the Sioux (north dakota)

[quote name='Graystone']I'm still waiting for some games that make me go wow I need a 360. So I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for informing us, my day is now complete.

I just maxed out my parents credit cards buying 360s for ebay. If no one buys them, I can just return them. I don't even really want one.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I just maxed out my parents credit cards buying 360s for ebay. If no one buys them, I can just return them. I don't even really want one.[/QUOTE]

nice job asshole.

[quote name='Santurio']did anyone ask when these will ship??[/QUOTE]

My order says to expect receipt between Wednesday, 11/23 and Wednesday, 11/30.

[quote name='jkam']I'm suprised so many CAGs are buying a 360 at launch.[/QUOTE]

I'm cheap, but I love games and I doubt the 360 will drop in price within the next year.

Arg I broke down, now because I ordered it early I'll probably end up spending more one an extra 2 or three games as I wait for it to arrive at my house.

I'm gonna hope for a lot of blizzards this year to get alot of playing time with it.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I'm cheap, but I love games and I doubt the 360 will drop in price within the next year.[/QUOTE]

The hype machine has us by our throats.

I think I will still wait and get one in-store. I know I'm running a risk of not getting one but I want it on Tuesday. I keep hearing that most retailers will have a constant flow of them after launch so it shouldn't be too bad of a hassle to find one.

[quote name='Ecofreak']That's fair - I was alloted two "Mental Health Days" in high school to unwind from the pressures of my APs.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I like "let's make sure everyone knows I took advanced classes in Highschool!" posts...

I kid I kid.

I'm really debating whether or not to buy a console just for Ebay. I never wanted Xbox 1 and I really see nothing exciting with this console, but I would like to make money reselling it.

I just hate spending money, even if it is to make money.

[quote name='Santurio']I keep hearing that most retailers will have a constant flow of them after launch so it shouldn't be too bad of a hassle to find one.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. My Sister-in-law works at a Target store, and she says that they will definitely have 6 systems for sale on Tuesday, and maybe 12. That just doesn't sound like a whole lot of systems for a store like Target. I know, store location makes a difference - But, at launch? Even in the worst of locations, a Target store only receiving 6 units seems quite minimal to me.

Couple that with what the manager of the local EB Games told me (when she called me to tell me that my preorder would arrive in December/January) about Microsoft cutting their supply of delivered units to retail nationwide, and that concerns me enough to have wanted to pop for this today.

Doesn't seem to be getting that much more than MSRP anymore on eBay. Looks like most auctions are ending around $500. There are a decent number that are getting more, but only one got $700+ IIRC.

Might still be worth a shot though. Hell, you can always return the system to the store if you can't sell it.

EDIT: The other thing that I found interesting was that if you go to the main page and search for Xbox 360, it says that the are sold out of their online preorders. :whistle2:?

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Haha, I like "let's make sure everyone knows I took advanced classes in Highschool!" posts...

I kid I kid.

I'm really debating whether or not to buy a console just for Ebay. I never wanted Xbox 1 and I really see nothing exciting with this console, but I would like to make money reselling it.

I just hate spending money, even if it is to make money.[/QUOTE]

personally i would advise against it. ive bought things for the sole purpose of ebay sales before, and I dont think its really worth the headache. I havent had any nightmare scenarios like some one not paying or the package never arriving, but after all the emailing, fees, legwork and packing and shipping headaches, never found the amount of money i made to balance out the work i put in..

WalMart Rep I spoke to said it was legitimate. He seemed a little 'out of it' so I spoke to another rep and he put me on hold to check with his superior. He also told me it was legit so that is hopeful I guess.

[quote name='jalu6']personally i would advise against it. ive bought things for the sole purpose of ebay sales before, and I dont think its really worth the headache. I havent had any nightmare scenarios like some one not paying or the package never arriving, but after all the emailing, fees, legwork and packing and shipping headaches, never found the amount of money i made to balance out the work i put in..[/QUOTE]

Last year I made a huge mistake, I bought a PSTwo in case my regular PS2 broke. I started trying the thing out, and before I knew it they were going for tons of money on Ebay.

Well, the thing is if the prices are going to spike on Ebay, it's going to be AFTER launch day. AFTER people are unable to find them at retail stores and are then told the next shipment isn't coming in for a month or whatever. IF that is what happens...it's all speculation of course, but it doesn't sound like retailers are getting very many. 12 at Target? 6-10 at some Best Buys? Not what I would call typical launch numbers.

[quote name='jalu6']personally i would advise against it. ive bought things for the sole purpose of ebay sales before, and I dont think its really worth the headache. I havent had any nightmare scenarios like some one not paying or the package never arriving, but after all the emailing, fees, legwork and packing and shipping headaches, never found the amount of money i made to balance out the work i put in..[/QUOTE]

In cases like this I can see it potentially being worth it though. It's not like buying a rare game just for eBay purposes. This could get you a couple hundred in profit (maybe more if this is anything like the PS2 launch from what I have heard). With that said though, the jury still seems to be out on whether or not this will be a cash cow for resellers. I'm of the opinion that there will be a very short window of opportunity for profit and after that, you are screwed. Kinda like when the slim PSTwo was released. It seemed there was like a week period where it sold for double it's MSRP or more, but after that, you couldn't sniff MSRP for even a brand new one on eBay.

[quote name='secretvampire']Well, the thing is if the prices are going to spike on Ebay, it's going to be AFTER launch day. AFTER people are unable to find them at retail stores and are then told the next shipment isn't coming in for a month or whatever. IF that is what happens...it's all speculation of course, but it doesn't sound like retailers are getting very many. 12 at Target? 6-10 at some Best Buys? Not what I would call typical launch numbers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Typical auctions last night were running in the $550 to $600 range, and if anyone will argue that $100-$200 profit for an auction isn't worth it, they're crazy. I'll wander around on Tuesday to see if any stores have any sitting out, and go that route if so. I would expect them to hit $600-$700 once people actually realize any potential shortage, and when they're not relying on people saying "I will have this in two days and then I will ship it to you"

To be honest, I wonder what percentage of the people buying 360s are intent on playing it and how many are going to try and sell them on eBay.

'Cause from the general mood I'm getting (at least among CAG and various other boards) is that only the really hard-core will buy it. Everyone else is being told to wait (via Wall Street Journal and the NY Times).

So it'll be interesting to see if all this wild speculation turns into a gold mind or a shaft full of coal.

I think we are going to see a huge media blitz come the 22nd. People are going to see how most major stores are selling out of stock and it will become the big item for the christmas season a la Tickle-me Elmo.

It may only be going for roughly $500 on ebay now, but once the media kicks in and consoles aren't on the shelves, I'd say there's some profit to be had.

[quote name='Ecofreak']To be honest, I wonder what percentage of the people buying 360s are intent on playing it and how many are going to try and sell them on eBay.

'Cause from the general mood I'm getting (at least among CAG and various other boards) is that only the really hard-core will buy it. Everyone else is being told to wait (via Wall Street Journal and the NY Times).

So it'll be interesting to see if all this wild speculation turns into a gold mind or full of coal.[/QUOTE]

That is actually a very good point of view because if mostly resellers are buying it and putting it on the market, there really won't be a shortage....just a "retail" shortage.

[quote name='orphicblue']I think we are going to see a huge media blitz come the 22nd. People are going to see how most major stores are selling out of stock and it will become the big item for the christmas season a la Tickle-me Elmo.

It may only be going for roughly $500 on ebay now, but once the media kicks in and consoles aren't on the shelves, I'd say there's some profit to be had.[/QUOTE]

But we're talking about totally different scales here.

Tickle me Elmos cost...what? $25 originally.

It'll also be harder for parents (at least) to justify spending $400 on a new Xbox unless they bought the orginal at launch.

If you ask me - I think eBay will be flooded w/ more sellers than buyers. All the hype won't do any good if no one wants the thing - at least right now.

[quote name='chickenhawk']That is actually a very good point of view because if mostly resellers are buying it and putting it on the market, there really won't be a shortage....just a "retail" shortage.[/QUOTE]

Exactly - well put.

So it'll be interesting to see if all this wild speculation turns into a gold mind or a shaft full of coal.

Worst thing that happens is having to return them in-store. You are out the shipping costs, big deal. It's a minimal risk for a potential good payoff. If I can pay for my 360 this way instead of waiting 6 months for a price drop, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I'm out like $20, no big deal.

[quote name='Ecofreak']But we're talking about totally different scales here.

Tickle me Elmos cost...what? $25 originally.

It'll also be harder for parents (at least) to justify spending $400 on a new Xbox unless they bought the orginal at launch.

If you ask me - I think eBay will be flooded w/ more sellers than buyers. All the hype won't do any good if no one wants the thing - at least right now.[/QUOTE]
Certainly a possibility. If I can find one, I'll probably sit on it for a day, see what the eBay market looks like once everyone has them in hand, and go from there. Can always return it or wait out a return period and see how the supply/demand fluctuates.

bread's done
Back