[OOS] Xbox 360 Premium Systems (no bundle) in stock at walmart.com

I ordered two to help me finance my future PS3 purchase. Hopefully I'll actually get em. I really do wonder how many people are going to actually play the Xbox 360, and how many are playing the game of reselling them...

For all the people who want to resell, aren't you afraid the system may not work? At the least you'll be out of $40 (shipping both ways) and if the buyer does a chargeback you'll be out all of the money.

I can't believe this is still in-stock, but I think it's because of the whole two SKU thing. People like us are the only ones that know about it, and you can't find it from the search page easily. I don't know of ANYBODY else selling just the system like this...Circuit City has some $580 and $700+ monstrosity they are selling later today.

[quote name='bradr']For all the people who want to resell, aren't you afraid the system may not work? At the least you'll be out of $40 (shipping both ways) and if the buyer does a chargeback you'll be out all of the money.[/QUOTE]

You offer them the receipt . . . and sell it "all sales final."

Anyone know if i can use a 10% walmart card thingy ONLINE?
my friend works at walmart i can borrow his and get 10% off.
i cant see the option

[quote name='schultzed']You offer them the receipt . . . and sell it "all sales final."[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to say....just send a gift receipt along with it.

There's a few reasons this one is soooo tempting: getting just the system itself (no friggin' outrageous bundle), not having to stand in lines at imaginary hours of the morning, and being able to return it are making it very difficult for me to resist.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']I want it on monday night/tuesday morning so it looks like i'll be waiting at walmart for 4-6 hours.[/QUOTE]

When the Xbox launched, I was taking a self-imposed "moratorium" from working. As a result, I didn't have any problem standing in line for six hours or so in order to secure that hardware.

However, such is not the case now. With a full-time job that often requires extra hours of work out of my "personal" time, waiting in line for hours at Wal Mart or trying to get to a Target store at 5:00am to wait for the doors to open at 8:00am isn't really an option for me this time around. I really appreciate this other "option" being available, and if a 24-48 hour wait for shipping notification is accurate on WalMart.com's part, I should know if my purchased shipped prior to the Tuesday morning retail launch (in case I really do have to make plans to stand in a line).

[quote name='chickenhawk']That's what I was going to say....just send a gift receipt along with it.[/QUOTE]

But they're not going to send gift receipts along with the units, are they? Any way to request one?

Wow, I ordered one (only one) 5 minutes ago when the update stock would only go up to 2, and now they're out of stock.

I could kiss cheapy's shiny dome. Thanks. :D

[quote name='paramount']Out of stock now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, some of us (me) just made it.

Be interesting to see if these actually ship at this price . . .

Now it's time to see if the emails start going out telling you it's delayed. Sam's certainly set some precedence for this. Hopefully you guys get them though.

[quote name='bradr']For all the people who want to resell, aren't you afraid the system may not work? At the least you'll be out of $40 (shipping both ways) and if the buyer does a chargeback you'll be out all of the money.[/QUOTE]

Don't take paypal for this item; you'll save on the fees too.

[quote name='mmercer13']I cancelled my bundle with Wal-Mart.com then ordered this one. Thanks for the post OP.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on this too but now I'm almost certain that it is going to be cancelled as there are a lot of reports on other sites that it is a mistake. While I'm not shocked it is sad that something this big has no definitive answer from WalMart.

I have a Gamestop pre-order which I'm supposedly in the first shipment, I'll believe it when i see it. Then I have a Toysrus bundle at a B&M store as my back up and the Wal-Mart as a back up. I'm not Ebaying anything but I just want one on launch day.

[quote name='paramount']Out of stock now.[/QUOTE]

I just got one at 138 EST. I guess they go out of stock when people checkout and if they don't buy they go back in stock. I decided that I'd rather guarantee getting one and not have to waste my night standing outside in the cold the day before, then not guarantee myself getting one on Tuesday but getting it on Tuesday.

Also, I'm doing something on Tuesday that will require me to up at ~4am so now I can get some sleep. Any ideas how (UPS?) and where they ship this stuff from (EAST or WEST coast).

I'd like to get if before Thanksgiving, but the Friday after would be nice. Now I just need to pick up some games. Maybe sams club will be best for that.

Im in...hopefully wont get "item is backordered" emails.... *keeping fingers crossed*

BTW, CircuitCity.com will have their sale at 11am PST in a couple minutes.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']just did and its in the cart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had it go in and out of stock while I was trying to order. I added another wireless controller also. And if I have to return it (like the wife says WHAT??) Im only out $14.00 which compared to the amount of time I'd have to wait to get the system, my time per hour is definitely worth more than that! So I guess Im saving money. Ha!

Is something like this suitable for the wireless controllers?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90136693&adid=17662

CC's website getting slammed right now... I'm just curious to see how fast it sells out, but it's still not showing as available yet (14:05 EST)

I'm sure you can return the unwanted items but I'd rather not support their goofy bundle. I'm sure WalMart will cancel me though so I'll probably be SOL this quarter.

The CC "Gold" package is actually pretty close to what I'd want if I were going to buy a bundle. Minus the NFS...

on those two CC premium pictures they have changed the picture to the charge and play unit included with the bundle instead of the universal remote - but still list the remote as part of the bundle.

[quote name='rmoushon']on those two CC premium pictures they have changed the picture to the charge and play unit included with the bundle instead of the universal remote - but still list the remote as part of the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a smaller remote that is packaged in with the Premium consoles for the time being. It's different than the full sized remote though.

Nice... you can edit your cart and remove the games (actually, I removed everything but when I removed the extra controller, it removed the system). Still trying to get to the checkout...

It going out of stock was a good sign of this being real . . . coming back into stock makes it look bad.

The server melting down? It must have gotten over to fatwallet :)

Hahahahaha... their servers are going to crash!!! This is crazy.. I wonder what the numbers for traffic are looking like for CC.com right now..

[quote name='gkrykewy']But they're not going to send gift receipts along with the units, are they? Any way to request one?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can request one. There is a checkbox for gift options. Check it and you can write in a message, than you automatically get a gift receipt. It doesn't cost anything extra for a message and receipt.

Why are people paying $600 for an xbox 360 on ebay? No one even knows if there is a shortage and they are already paying insane prices...it's not out yet!

Meh. People are just trying to re-create the whole PS2 experience.

I paid $560 after tax for a PS2 console (Candian money dollars), and ebayed it for $1200 USD. I went and bought two more PS2's, did the same thing but only got $900 a piece. My city had absolutely no shortage.

At the end of it, I had a PS2 with six or seven launch titles, two controllers, a memory card, and about 90 cans of Barq's, with cash to spare.

bread's done
Back