Open casting call: Forum Guides

I'd be interested in the video game deals forum, the Trading forum, or any of the system specific forums. In reality I linger in them all, so anything you needed watched over I'd be willing to take on for you.

Without a doubt, the board I frequent the most is the DS/GBA board. I also often keep an eye on the PS2 board, though it has been dying out recently.

EDIT: Might also be worth mentioning that I also frequent the General Gaming board, bringing my list to:
1. DS/GBA
2. General Gaming & Industry News
3. PS2

I would be interested in
Deal/Shopping Discussions
Other Deals/Requests
DS/GBA
Wii
Cag Lifestyle and Off-Topic
Microsoft
VS
Regional/International Video Game Deals
PC

or any other form that would need help out the community.

Cheapy,

Please consider me for the Chicago deals thread exclusively.:lol:

I'd also be willing to chip in for the Microsoft Xbox 360 forum.

Cheers!

I would be interested in helping on both the Canada and the PS3 forum. I work on a computer all day, so I check for gaming news and deals hourly (sshhh don't tell my employer, j/k). And I frequent those two forums regularily. I also pride myself in having a pretty objective view.

~S

I think I could help with Other Deals/Requests, seems I'm in there alot with HDTV stuff and I like that fourm. Also I have CAG up most of the day when I'm at work. :whistle2:$

You could always start a Deals forum for Electronics like DVD players, HDTV's etc etc.

I spend so much time in the Xbox 360 forum, I'd take that.

Besides that, I spend way too much time in the General Gaming and Industry News Forum and the CAG Video Game Trading forum (though I'm sure my trader score is too low for that).

I would of course rule with an iron fist, whiping this forum into shape ;)

I would like to be a mod of contests/free stuff, xbox 360, Old School & Other Gaming Systems, or PC Games & PC General Discussion. I own a 360 and game on my PC so I would be well qualified.

Oh yeah I have been listening to the podcast since episode 1!

If there's a way for CAG's to help our home team count me in!

I would be interested being a forum guide for the West subforum of Regional/Internationl Video Game Deals or the CAG News forum.

Parts of Cag I frequent on are without a doubt the Video Game Trading (leave it to somebody with more experience though) and the Video Game Deals.

If the latter is still available, I'll gladly try and help unclutter the mess in there now with all the ymmv stuff and whatnot (one ymmv walmart thread?). Also, I plan on assisting newer people to where their thread should be instead of in the Video Game Deals asap.

Now that I think about it, I guess anything would work...

Looks like you have quite a few qualified candidates for the PC games forum, but if you want another, you can toss my name into the ring.

i noticed guinaevere was made a mod, she seems to have a better head on her shoulders than most, so that should work out well, congrats to her. if theres one thing the site can use its more mods.

If the position is open, I'm interested in the Wii board moderator position.

I have done a lot of things Virtual Console related through websites and contributions if you've heard my name around the Nintendo gaming community in terms of getting stuff out there. If I had to point anything out to justify anything, it would be that.

i check the gaming deals section the most. i notice spam occassionally, i'd like to help out there.

cheapy hook me up with how to back up ur games / how to pirate games......jk
i would to do the deals forums if u dont mind thank you bye

I would have to go with what I look at most:

Video Game Deals
Gaming & Industry News
DVD Deals
Deal Discussion
Auctions
Microsoft
Sony
Off Topic

I highly doubt you need anybody else to help out, but I'd be willing to help if so desired. I think I've been around long enough to get the general swing of things.

I don't think anybody has asked for the Midwest Regional subforum; if you're bothering with guides for those (and as slow as they are, they really aren't necessary), I could take that. Beyond that, I'd be willing to work wherever there are openings or a need for some extra eyes watching the section...though, as I said, that might not be a problem with the number of applicants you've already got.

If you need the help, I can do it. I would be interested in either

off topic
msft
dvd deals
gaming & general industry news

to be honest I lurk a lot, as I work in a small family business, so if you needed help in any of the boards I would be open to it.

I would be interested in any of the following to help out with:
-Xbox 360
-Wii
-DS/GBA
-General Gaming and Industry News
-Contests and Free Stuff

These are places I visit the most on the site so I figured that it would be the best place to help out. However, if you need someone to do something which nobody else wants, I will gladly help out with that.

[quote name='CheapyD']I've decided to give something new a try: forum specific mods or, as I am calling them, Forum Guides.

Forum Guides job will be able to move/lock/edit posts and threads to keep their respective forums organized. The will also try to help out CAGs who are in their forums.

If you are interested in a Forum Guide position, please post in this thread with the forum(s) you are interested in serving.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
I'd be willing to moderate the PC Section if it is still up for grabs.

I would be very interested in possibly working in these forums (in this order)

1) Referral Central (I've been involved with these referral sites for a pretty long time, and understand them. I've noticed a lot of useless congas, and general clutter)
2) Contests and Free stuff
3) CAGcast

[quote name='Pookymeister']and the periodic table ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, damn, so THAT'S who that is!! I played Bomberman with him in a CAG match and had no idea he was a CAG (as there were some non-CAGs to fill the ranks I think). I asked in the Bomberman thread but no one confirmed it :lol: One mystery solved! Yipee! Now I see the XBL tag and it's obvious ;).

Look at me, all up late 'n stuff. :)

The only thing that concerns me about this idea is having too many guides. As a result, it could cause the modding to be a bit unbalanced. Not saying that it will happen, but it could.

I guess I'll apply as well! I'll gladly take any of the gaming forums except for PC and Wii. I'm always here browsing one of them.

I also have a lot of moderator experience. I was assistant webmaster at my gaming site ( www.gamingaddicts.net ) for a long time. I did leave that position though, and am now just a moderator there. So I'm well aware of the duties the job entails.

I wouldn't mind helping out in the "VS" and NE Regional forums. I'm in law school, so I have quite a bit of time to watch the forums during class. I also recently started up a new video game law site and have quite a bit of experience with forums (although mostly phpBB).

Hey if you need help in the Referral subforums or Contest/Free stuff forums as well as the Trading Forums (though that looks to be covered) I could help out.

I have a feeling I'm posting too late in the game to have a legitimate chance, but I'd be willing to help out if need be. I don't particularly care where that would be, either - as long as it's not Trading or Auctions, I'd probably do fine wherever. :)

I'd really love to give back to the CAG community..

I'll do the Xbox section, or even Video game reviews.

Anywhere you need someone to help out would be great. :)

[quote name='Foo228']just noticed foladar made the cut - congrats[/quote]

I believe that happened close to when this thread was created, possibly even before. I noticed him on the CAG Team list when Linkin was still a Microsoft mod and not a Global mod.

[quote name='Rocko']I believe that happened close to when this thread was created, possibly even before. I noticed him on the CAG Team list when Linkin was still a Microsoft mod and not a Global mod.[/quote]

Hmm...well I don't know then

Congrats regardless, but does that mean the other FG picks are still to come?

I'd definitely be intersted in the Regional Forums, specifically West, but would be able to handle all of them if needed. Who better to be the Forum Guide for the Regional threads than the guy who came up with the idea! Only kidding about that, but I really would be interested.

bread's done
Back