Open casting call: Forum Guides

I dont want to be grandma anymore
8wfjvq.gif

[quote name='dallow']:booty:

C'moooon PS3 board.
(or general Sony)[/quote]Not a good idea. With that avatar, it's clear you have a decided Nintendo bias.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I'm going to get to it this week...sorry for the delay![/quote]Hey, no problem at all. It'd just been a month since we heard anything from you or a mod and I thought I'd see what was up. :)
[quote name='botticus']Not a good idea. With that avatar, it's clear you have a decided Nintendo bias.[/quote]This is true. dallow is a Nintendo fanboy to the nth degree. I mean, comeon, he talks to Strell of all people. How much more brainwashed can one get? ;)

[quote name='daroga']This is true. dallow is a Nintendo fanboy to the nth degree. I mean, comeon, he talks to Strell of all people. How much more brainwashed can one get? ;)[/quote]:baby:

;)

General Gaming & Industry News

and

CAG Lifestyle & Off Topic

Last time I modded something, it was back in the Wildcat! BBS days with a 2400 modem, in 1990. Those were the good times man. Good times.

P.S. I found it relaxing when I had to control a whole neighborhood of modem users, a bit beyond what some people have to put up with nowadays. Hehe.

P.S.S. I won't tip the keg over, okay?

Haven't been on as much as I used to the past months, but would gladly welcome the opportunity to be a guide and return to frequenting the CAG forums more than ever. :D

I'd be interested in:
Sony Gaming (or are you looking for a person for each subforum within this?)
Microsoft Gaming (see above)
Nintendo Gaming (see above)
PC Games

[quote name='daroga']Are we still in a holding pattern on this project?[/quote]Much like my trip and flight home.
cigar.gif

[quote name='TFN']:evil: I would like to mod the OT forum.

:twisted:[/quote]Something about that nomination just screams, "bad idea." ;)

[quote name='The Dord']P.S.S. I won't tip the keg over, okay?[/quote]Good thing. What with the marbles I leave all over, and the banana peels some un-named mod tosses around, this place is getting dangerous.

I'd be down for either the 360 forum or the DVD deals forum.

I promise to keep my temper in check and be extra helpful if you decide to pick me :)

I'm a late night surfer 11 PM to 3 AM (PST) and I see quite a bit of spam during these 4 hours. Its not every day nor is it an insane amount, but many of these spam threads can give the misconception to new CAGs that they are getting a "free Panasonic LCD TV" by clicking a random link and giving out their personal info. While commen sense could be used to avoid these, new CAGs may be awestruck at all the deals on the site that they think anything and everything is real.

While I haven't heard of anything happening to any CAGs by doing something with spam threads, I'm sure its just a matter of time before something does happen. I don't know what time they get taken down, but they are usually still there when I leave and I rarely see any form of moderation in the active users list aside from CheapyD on occasion.

So my thinking is someone who is around at these late hours could become a Global Mod or Forum Guide to patrol the forums for these spam threads. Who? I don't know. Should this happen? Up to the head cheap ass.

Just my 2 cents.

Congratulations to our new Video Game Deal Forum Guides! :applause:

Judy³, another way to see who is a Guide for a specific forum is to scroll towards the bottom of that Forum page. In this case, at the bottom of the Video Game Deal Forum you'll see who your Forum Guides are.

cagob3.gif

I'll be adding more guides really soon. Sorry for dragging my ass.

Also, you can see a complete list by clicking on View CAG Team at the bottom of every page (right corner).

[quote name='yukine']Bad taste in guides, io!? That guy is a troublemaker.[/QUOTE]

Don't make me bring out Shipwreck's banhammer! (CAG ForePlay reference for those who don't listen)

[quote name='io']Don't make me bring out Shipwreck's banhammer! (CAG ForePlay reference for those who don't listen)[/quote]

Haha, congratulations fool.

[quote name='yukine']Bad taste in guides, io!? That guy is a troublemaker.[/quote]No kidding. I thought the goal was to improve CAG through this program, not run it into the ground. ;)

Well I will only say it again becuse I put my name down back around page 4. I would like to do the Other Deals and Request fourm, or PSP .

I still also think maybe CAG should start a spin off forum from other deals thats for HDTVs, MP3 players, just consumer electronics in general. Just an Idea

Grats

Thought had to had no life to be a mod :p

Oh well, time to play more World of Warcraft waiting to become special someday ;)

(P.S. Evilmax, get rid of that gold-selling link on the sig.)

I would've never known unless I noticed this thread being bumped up a lot lately. A title change is in order for this thread, Cheapy.

Congrats to the new forum guides. It would be nice to have the forum they're in charge of in their titles.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Congrats to the new forum guides. It would be nice to have the forum they're in charge of in their titles.[/quote]I agree. Having "Deals Forum Guide" or "Sony Forum Guide" instead of just a generic title would be nice, if possible.

I leave being a mod, and we inherit two new mods and four forum guides. I guess I did some work after all. :lol:

Congrats to the new appointments. I'm sure you'll all help keep CAG running smoothly.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Could there possibly be anymore ass kissing in this thread?[/quote]Is that a request? How much do you need?

[quote name='shrike4242']I leave being a mod, and we inherit two new mods and four forum guides. I guess I did some work after all. :lol:[/quote]Like there was any question. I'm still intimidated when you're around.

Another delay on fully implementing this project, 'eh? What happened? Did Cheapy have something big happen in the last several days or something?

;)

I would love to be a forum guide. I'm on late nights, including weekends, so I could fill in for the tiny bit of time that no one is on watching CAG.
I also have my own Batman esque spotlight that you could use to summon me when there is trouble and chaos on the boards.

They picked some forum guids, but I don't see where anyone was picked for the Sony forums... probably too late not, but I'm definitely throwing my hat in the mix. Trolls still coming to PS3 forums, and we're even getting trolled...

I'd be willing to help out if you still need it. Pretty much live on the site when I'm not in class.

Read most of the forums except for the PS3 and DVD forum.

bread's done
Back