Open casting call: Forum Guides

Hmm, sorry if I'm very late for the call...

Personally, I cannot keep up with the ever updating VG deals, DVD deals or the CAG Deal Forum for that matter (with the exception of Regional: West where I happen to hail from).

The sections I most frequently visit are the General Game Discussion, Nintendo (specifically DS/GBA... I know... I know...), and CAG Lifestyle & Offtopic forums.

I haven't had much experience as an actual moderator. However before arriving here, I would frequent another forum that has unfortunately died where I was an "honorable" moderator of sorts in it's dying days. And yes, I completely respect and abide by general forum ettiquete. Plus I'm always for saving CAGs as much of their hard earned cash, be it directly or indirectly.

Now if we are paid with gruel... I'm definitely in. Even e-gruel will do.

Godspeed Cheapy finding moderators to help unify it's members, godspeed.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i noticed guinaevere was made a mod, she seems to have a better head on her shoulders than most, so that should work out well, congrats to her. [/quote]Hey, thanks so much!
blush.gif

[quote name='Foo228']but whats the word on other forum guides?[/quote] Ditto on the Congrats to Foladar. And don't worry, other Guides shall be chosen.

Wow, the General Gaming forum can get to be quite a handful as well, and I'm on there about as much as the Nintendo forums. Should an extra hand be needed in that forum, I'd be more than happy to help there in addition to / instead of the Nintendo forums.

[quote name='mykevermin']Can I give a nod to daroga, FWIW? Dude's all class.

PM me that fiver, hombre. ;)[/quote]What are you talking about?! This isn't like some dirty campaign or anything!

check your paypalz dood!

I forgot to post this earlier, but I would also be willing to offer my services on the DVD Deals forum if I'm not needed in the Wii forum.

When I came to this site over 3 years ago it was for the Video Game Deals forum, and I ended up staying for the wrestling threads I went on to create with Casey. I wish there was a way I could clean the wrestling threads up, as well as, lock the old ones when I or someone else makes a new one, and remove other wrestling threads that are occasionally made.

That aside I'd also like to be a guide on the Video Game Deals forum. Far too much nonsense gets posted on there, and I'd like to help give that forum a more crisp look so the deals are easier to find. I also believe I could be helpful in deleting pointless posts in the many clearance threads, that make it harder to find the actual deals in them. Furthermore, I'd like to see the OPs of clearance threads updated more frequently, again making the deals easier to find. There's also a great deal of merging/thread deletion that could be done in the Video Game Deals forum as that attracts many newer posters who have yet to discover the site's search function.

Basically, I'd just like to make finding good video game deals as easy and as quick as possible.

I'll volunteer for the PS3 forum, though it looks like you guys have some good candidates already. if needed, I'm ready to merge threads, bust heads, and enforce CAG law with an iron fist. I recognize that the ps3 forum is all over the place right now and that official threads don't get used that well, but I'd like to clean it up for the inevitable boom of ps3 owners. I check in multiple times per day and I'll be around even more during the semester. I'll check my many smart ass posts at the door if I become a ps3 mod :)

I'd be glad to help out if there're still people needed for any forum, even if it's a poor, neglected one. I figure it'd be the least I could do after taking advantage of being a CAG for so long. I suppose there are more than enough people chomping at the bit to take their share of power though... :lol:

Im would Be really good as Modertating the PSP or PS2 Forum
Im not inexperienced to Moderationg Forums. Ive been up to Op on IRC Channels and have been admin on a few forums already =)
But id Prefer PSP If i get the Job

[quote name='Xrazor']Im would Be really good as Modertating the PSP or PS2 Forum
Im not inexperienced to Moderationg Forums. Ive been up to Op on IRC Channels and have been admin on a few forums already =)[/quote]

Junk account. Can a mod delete the user?

I'd be willing to lend a hand where needed. I have no specific preference as to what forum I could oversee, but would gladly help out the site that has given me so much entertainment, as well as do a stand-up job at it.

This might be to late but I would be more than happy to be a guide for the trading forums the microsoft forums or the free stuff forums!

I've acquired so much & spent most of my time in the trading forum thread...
I'd like to keep it maintained if possible.

On a side note,
congrats to Gwen :).

[quote name='daroga']Any updates on getting this program up and running?[/quote]

I think CheapyD has been really busy lately, but its coming along, can't get into details but the list has been compiled and CheapyD is going through the list.

The newly promoted moderators have been doing a pretty good job so far. Maybe there's no need for the forum guides now.

Edit: oops, thx for the update LP.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think CheapyD has been really busy lately, but its coming along, can't get into details but the list has been compiled and CheapyD is going through the list.[/quote]I kinda figured the CC thing was putting the breaks on far less pressing issues like this. No rush of course, just wondering on what the status was.

Thanks for the update LP :)

I think there's definately a calling still for Forum Guides. Just please be patient; I know those of y'all who tossed your names into the ring (and even those who just enjoy following the goings on around here) are anxious to hear the outcome. We all are.

But you have no idea the gladiator games Cheapy is putting us through to fight for & against each nominee. Wubb barely escaped with both wings in the last match. Some of y'all will be glad to hear that I'm going to have to use crutches for at least the next couple weeks after the steel cage match.

[quote name='guinaevere']I think there's definately a calling still for Forum Guides. Just please be patient; I know those of y'all who tossed your names into the ring (and even those who just enjoy following the goings on around here) are anxious to hear the outcome. We all are.

But you have no idea the gladiator games Cheapy is putting us through to fight for & against each nominee. Wubb barely escaped with both wings in the last match. Some of y'all will be glad to hear that I'm going to have to use crutches for at least the next couple weeks after the steel cage match.[/quote]

What? gladiator games you say, Gwen?! I never knew such 'steel cage matches' existed - Details Gwen, Details please!! :).

Anyhow, I'm anxious (like the rest of us) to know who made the cut.
I kinda placed my name to be a trader forum guide a bit late... so I wasn't sure if the this was over or not.

Goodluck to all & thanks for the update.

I would like to help out with oldschool and contests and free stuff forums. I would also be open to other forums as longs as I own that console or know something of the subject. If it's not too late, that is.

I'd like to give the old school forum a kick in the pants. Also Nintendo areas, because they have fuzzy heads that are satisfying to tousle.

I'm definitely interested in this. If available, I'd enjoy helping with any of the forums that need help in (even the lesser ones that never get visited), but I'd prefer to help out in any of these:

- 360 forum
- PSP forum
- Politics forum
- PC forum
- Game Review forum
- Referral Central forum

Thanks for considering me! *Will sing for extra consideration!* ;)

I would be willing to take on the role for DVD deals. Figure its a area everyone isn't jumping in for, plus most of the new threads I start are in the DVD deals section anyways. Between all the cags dvd collections and the more recent action in the HD/BR threads its a area I believe we all can improve. With the upcoming holidays, DVD deals should start rolling in fast in furious.

Just by looking at the old DDD sale threads you can see how much money CAGs spend on DVDs. It would also be worth working on getting CAG it's own Deep Discount Sale code for the next sale.

Heh, I'm probably too new to even be considered, but I'd love to help out with DVD Deals, as I've been a DVDTalk member for years and I always keep up with releases, etc., plus I'd like to think that I can be fairly helpful when needed.

Other than that, I'd be thrilled to help out with Trading, Contests, or either Request forum, but, again, I'm guessing I'm probably too new.

If it's more then 1 person to a forum..if anything, I'd love to help Foladar out in the Contests/Referral Central area..since him and I are the KINGS of that thar area!

[quote name='lilboo']If it's more then 1 person to a forum..if anything, I'd love to help Foladar out in the Contests/Referral Central area..since him and I are the KINGS of that thar area![/quote]

But you built your kingdom illicitly - with a poor old lady's $100 bill.

[quote name='Pookymeister']But you built your kingdom illicitly - with a poor old lady's $100 bill.[/QUOTE]

At least I bought Christmas presents with it!!! :lol:

[quote name='botticus']Last word was they were looking at lists, but hadn't chosen guides yet.[/quote]

Ah, my mistake. I guess it was addressed on the latest CAGcast? I haven't listened to it yet. ;)

[quote name='yukine']Ah, my mistake. I guess it was addressed on the latest CAGcast? I haven't listened to it yet. ;)[/quote]Nope, but same question was asked a couple weeks ago:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think CheapyD has been really busy lately, but its coming along, can't get into details but the list has been compiled and CheapyD is going through the list.[/quote]

If the casting is still open, I'd be interested in applying for the position of the CAG Trading Forum. Its a great addition to CAG, and I'd be very interested in being able to help out with it.

Also I wanted to say thanks for giving us this opportunity Cheapy. It's nice to see that your giving CAG's the option to pitch into the community. :)

bread's done
Back