Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

[quote name='Ecofreak']Yea, I figured that out right after I posted. When I read the word "Replay" I thought it meant that I would try it again - not watch the reply itself. Which explains why, when I did the replay, my hits were off sometimes.

Thought my screen was busted or something. ;)[/quote]I figured it out after a couple of times, but did that myself. Pretty frustrating, lol

[quote name='banpeikun']I figured it out after a couple of times, but did that myself. Pretty frustrating, lol[/QUOTE]

Glad it wasn't just me. Ha ha ha. ;)

I'll admit to doing that too...did the same thing in Gitaroo Man as well :)

[quote name='CheapyD']that would be alot cooler if we could see the stylus work on that. ;)[/QUOTE]

But how would you see the screen?

Well, been playing a friend's all weekend, so I finally took the plunge and ordered it.

Not that it needs to be said again, but this game is amazing.

WOO! Finally beat the game on "Normal." Moving up to "Hard" and still having hella loads of fun.

BTW, is there an "ultra hard" setting where the cheerleadering team becomes females?

Very Hard has the female cheerleaders. If you look on the back of the case you'll see them. That mode was a much higher jump in difficulty then from normal to hard.

I can't get past RSG on normal -_-'

I hate those spinners. Anyone have any tips? I've been trying many methods like holding the DS at a certain position, but I cannot get the spinners all the time. I made it to the third segment and passed the spinners, but the unexpected fast taps killed me. Now, I cannot even do the spinners anymore. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

[quote name='MastaNinja']
I hate those spinners. Anyone have any tips? I've been trying many methods like holding the DS at a certain position, but I cannot get the spinners all the time. I made it to the third segment and passed the spinners, but the unexpected fast taps killed me. Now, I cannot even do the spinners anymore. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Try and get your stylus as close to the center of the spinner as possible. That way, you have less distance to cover for one rotation.

try holding your stylus so it's somewhere between 45 and 60 degrees from the screen. When I tried holding the stylus at a 90 degree angle, I couldn't get the spinners to go very fast. After repositioning it, the spinners are much easier.

And start spinning before you see the spinner so you're already @ full swing when they appear.

OMFG, finally did it! I just had to find the right degree in holding my stylus and DS when it comes to the spinners. What sucked, however, was that I almost beat it with over 900,000 but failed on the last spin, because I dropped my stylus and had to pause. I did beat it but only with a bit over 500,000. Anyways, thanks for some of the help!

[quote name='MastaNinja']OMFG, finally did it! I just had to find the right degree in holding my stylus and DS when it comes to the spinners. What sucked, however, was that I almost beat it with over 900,000 but failed on the last spin, because I dropped my stylus and had to pause. I did beat it but only with a bit over 500,000. Anyways, thanks for some of the help![/QUOTE]

No problem - glad we could help. Just be careful when you get to this level on Hard, because someone broke their stylus on those spinners. ;)

Well, it took about 5 hours, but I beat Ready Steady Go on Difficult and unlocked the girls. Difficult can be brutal, but very fun and rewarding; you'll realize how (dare I say) boring Normal was.

I loved the cheerleader stages. I felt quite accomplished being able to get through all the stages sans RSG with them. Not that I really need to ever beat RSG though since there is nothing left to unlock after that. It's just a shame that I can't play the first two difficulties at all anymore since I've gotten so used to the speed of the girls now (i.e. my timing can't adjust back to the slower speeds of those other settings).

elite beat agents will be the name for when the game is localized (quite heavily) here in the US. the games will be quite different, with new music and stories and stuff.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Beat_Agents
Elite Beat Agents is a sequel to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (although holding no plot connection), created for a Western audience. It will have all new scenarios, characters, themes and music, including Steriogram's Walkie Talkie Man and Deep Purple's Highway Star.

i finally beat the very hard mode (the girls) on the last level (ready steady go) about 2 weeks ago. if u keep on failing, just come back playing it after a few days. i didnt play over 2-3 months and i came back playing the last lvl and finally beat it.

You know, I thought that the girls were going to kick my ass, but I finished half the levels last night. I guess Difficult mode trained me well.

[quote name='hootie']All I know is that it is teh best import game ever[/quote]

It sure is. My very first import, too.

the reason i didn't try to do the girl difficulty is because i try until i get an A and perfect on every level. trying to do that on the last difficulty level would take too much time and levels of frustration.

just two more songs until I beat Hard mode...i think. damn PSP is sucking up all my time.

[quote name='banpeikun']the reason i didn't try to do the girl difficulty is because i try until i get an A and perfect on every level. trying to do that on the last difficulty level would take too much time and levels of frustration.[/quote]

This is true.

Finally caved in and ordered this off of yesasia last tuesday. Should be getting my copy today and can't wait to play it after seeing the gameplay videos. :)

[quote name='Vegan']It sure is. My very first import, too.[/quote]

Mine too! And I couldn't have been more satistfied

This was my first import also and certainly isn't my last. Looking to import Bleach ds next week and Ouendan is awesome. Beat easy and just beat one night carnival on normal. :applause:

Bumping up an older thread here, hope that's cool. :)

Just got this last week and have been playing as time permitted. I'm at Ready Set Go on normal and... wow. They certainly took it up a notch. Between the off-beat sections adn the spinners, I'm not sure I've even gotten close (are there 3 sections or 4 to this song?). ONCE I got the pink circle for the first two segments. Are the hard mode songs even harder than RSG on normal? Cause this is ALMOST getting to the point where it's not fun anymore.

Any pointers? :)

I got this game last week too. It's like crack. I am currently on hard mode, about 4 or 5 songs in.

It took 40 or 50 times (at least) over a few days to beat "Ready Set Go!" on normal. All I can say is keep at it and you will eventually beat it. At some point you'll get into a flow and nail it. The trickiest bit at first is that section before the first spinner which is out of beat with the drums. After you play it enough you get a feel for it and you will nail it.

Take advantage of the three spinners in a row to beef up your health, especially because the section right after that is quite fast and can kill you if you're not agile.

You can play it again on easy so you get a feel for how long the song is. Also, there are a few videos on Youtube of people beating it on normal so you can see how long it is and get a feel for cerrtain sections.

Another small tip - try the hardest you can not to get out of sync with the song. it's critical to get max points for accuracy since this will keep the health up. If you notice that you're not nailing and getting "red" hits, be sure to speed up or slow down for a millisecond (whichever you need to do) to get back on the beat and nail those circles on the nose.

Oh, and play with headphones or through real speakers. It will help a lot.

It does get a bit easier for a couple of songs on hard, but then it ramps up and gets nasty. A lot of sections with circles overlaid on top of one another, so you have to pay attention to the numbers so you can figure out how many times to tap in the same spot.

The game is genius. I love it.

-HM

Yeah, I figure I'll keep at it. When I started playing yesterday I couldn't even "beat" the first section of the song (I got past it but that nasty red X alerted me to future doom). I've got the first section pretty well down, but I can't quite get the 300s on the off beat section every time yet. I may take a look at a video or two to get the hang of it.

I suck at the spinners too. Not totally, but those rapid-fire 3-in-a-row ones really through me for a loop when I got to them. This afternoon should be fun. ;)

Eventually you just feel the flow and do it. For me it's remembering every now and then when they throw a circle with what I consider to be way out of time with how the rest of the song is going. I have to force myself to pause so I get the timing right. It really is a memorization thing during those times.

I really dig going back and playing that song on normal now. It's a lot of fun rhythm-wise.

Playing it on hard is going to be horrible.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']Eventually you just feel the flow and do it. For me it's remembering every now and then when they throw a circle with what I consider to be way out of time with how the rest of the song is going. I have to force myself to pause so I get the timing right. It really is a memorization thing during those times.

I really dig going back and playing that song on normal now. It's a lot of fun rhythm-wise.

Playing it on hard is going to be horrible.

-HM[/quote]
In looking for a video for it on normal on YouTube I foudn one on the insane mode... oh boy...

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, I figure I'll keep at it. When I started playing yesterday I couldn't even "beat" the first section of the song (I got past it but that nasty red X alerted me to future doom). I've got the first section pretty well down, but I can't quite get the 300s on the off beat section every time yet. I may take a look at a video or two to get the hang of it.

I suck at the spinners too. Not totally, but those rapid-fire 3-in-a-row ones really through me for a loop when I got to them. This afternoon should be fun. ;)[/quote]I wish I got the red X more. I like watching the sequences. But I always either die before the checkpoint or i get the O.

I've been trying to S all the songs, its friggin ridiculous, in fact the hardest one so far was the very first song on easy :cry: got about 40 of them at S right now

There are definitely a couple of videos out there of "Ready Set" on normal, because I looked them up last week, heh.

I have no shame in saying that I haven't gotten one S rank yet. A few As, a lot of Bs, some Cs. Even a D here and there, which is pretty hard to accompish.

-HM

[quote name='banpeikun']i picked this up again for a couple of hours and beat the first 3 girls' songs with S rank.[/quote]

Give that dude a medal.

-HM

Wow, played for about 40 minutes today and was just getting worse. I think this might be a game I need to put down for a week or so and come back to.

[quote name='daroga']Wow, played for about 40 minutes today and was just getting worse. I think this might be a game I need to put down for a week or so and come back to.[/quote]

Would happen to me too. I had to stop at times as well. But there were those times I'd make it through the section, and the music so cool during the break that it would pump me up to keep going.

Hang in there,

-HM

bread's done
Back