Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Finally got this game yesterday, played through the first five songs. Wow, they don't baby you at all, do they? The first couple were pretty easy once I figured out what I was supposed to do, then it took me between a couple and a dozen tries to beat the next three.

:rofl: After looking back through this thread and finding the menu translation, I realized I have started playing on Normal, since it's unintuitively above Easy. Wow. Time to downgrade and give myself some breathing room.

You should have no problems whatsoever on Easy, it's essentially a beginner's tutorial for every song in the game. Going back to it, you'll feel like a retard.

Anyone know what the left-handed option changes? Flip everything around so I'm not missing beats because they're hidden by my hand?

[quote name='botticus']Anyone know what the left-handed option changes? Flip everything around so I'm not missing beats because they're hidden by my hand?[/quote]

If I remeber correctly, there are left-handed options, but the only thing that it changes is the location of the "consecutive-successful-hits" counter. Makes it appear on the right instead of the left.

You can't change where the beats are because, frankly, it wouldn't help. They're all over the screen, that's just the way it is.

I wish Trauma Center had a lefty option, to make the "hit points" appear on the upper right instead of the upper left. You right-handers think that game is hard? Lefties play it without being able to keep tabs on the status of their patient, because our hand is blocking it.

[quote name='Vegan']Going back to it, you'll feel like a retard.[/quote]

QFT; I'm on Hard now, and after going back to see how Easy was, I couldn't believe it. I don't know how I actually got stuck on a few of the songs there :rofl:

Yay, just beat easy. Got most of the songs on my first try, until RSG. I thought I would be okay after playing Daigasso a bunch (that song's on there too), but damn. Took a half dozen tries to make it past the first section, then I was suddenly able to take it home. Can't wait to see what a bitch that is on higher difficulties.

My poor screen protector...

[quote name='botticus']Yay, just beat easy. Got most of the songs on my first try, until RSG. I thought I would be okay after playing Daigasso a bunch (that song's on there too), but damn. Took a half dozen tries to make it past the first section, then I was suddenly able to take it home. Can't wait to see what a bitch that is on higher difficulties.

My poor screen protector...[/quote]

Make sure all of your walls are fitted with thick cushions so your DS doesn't break when you throw at it after losing to RSG on Normal for the 10000000000000000th time. Trust me.

And if you actually lose RSG on normal that many times, buy a few more DSes for when you snap yours in half in RSG in Hard.

Still haven't gotten to it in Very Hard. fuck that mode.

I thought RSG wasn't bad at all on Normal. Then again, I didn't play Ouendan until I had already mastered EBA, so that's part of it. Now, it was the first song in the game that didn't get through on the first try, but it only took me 3 to get past it.

If it weren't for the spinners, RSG wouldn't be hard at all on Hard either. It did take me about 10 tries or so to get through it, and as much as I like the song and that level, the spinners make me not want to play that one. Not the spot with 3 in a row, that's easy because you can just keep spinning, but the ones earlier in the song.

I will say I'm not looking forward to trying to get through RSG with the girls though, because I know it'll take some work to get through that.

EDIT:
Yeah, I made it to RSG on Very Hard now. And actually, the spinners aren't the problem, it's the beats being so small and so close together. But I'll just have to keep working at it.

I do think that Very Hard is better in Ouendan than it is in EBA, if only because the patterns are altered from time to time in OTO. In EBA, it's always just a faster mirror image of Hard. When I got to the last section of Shanghai Honey in Very Hard, I was freaking out since I know that level on Hard better than any of them.
Still, EBA is the harder game of the two. Some of the songs in OTO are just too easy. I've never missed more than 2 beats total on Over the Distance on any difficulty level(even my first try at this level on Very Hard only got me 2 misses), and that's just not right. It's still a fun level, but it's not very challenging. I mean, I had that one S ranked on Hard after only owning the game for 2 days.

The song with the giant mouse is currently owning me on Normal... too many hitches in the beat that screw me up, usually at a different part every time I try it.

Yeah, I just don't like the Giant Mouse level. It's not a bad song/level, I just don't like it as much as some of the others. The Secretary one is the worst though, it's not a good song and I don't like the beat patterns for it either. I have at least an A on every other song on Hard, but that secretary level still only has a C.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Yeah, I just don't like the Giant Mouse level. It's not a bad song/level, I just don't like it as much as some of the others. The Secretary one is the worst though, it's not a good song and I don't like the beat patterns for it either. I have at least an A on every other song on Hard, but that secretary level still only has a C.[/quote]The policeman one is pretty hard too, especially the very last section, messed me up so many times i lost count, but i've finally put the game to rest :) waiting on the sequel now

I think I'm stuck on the level where the musician has stomach issues on a subway in Very Hard. Haven't played for a good while though.

Over the Distance is my absolute favorite song from that game. I love it.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I think I'm stuck on the level where the musician has stomach issues on a subway in Very Hard. Haven't played for a good while though.

Over the Distance is my absolute favorite song from that game. I love it.[/quote]You and me both buddy :) I have the song if you're interested

[quote name='maigoyume']You and me both buddy :) I have the song if you're interested[/quote]

Hehe, thanks, but I've already -ahem- acquired the soundtrack from the game. ;)

The policeman one is pretty hard too, especially the very last section, messed me up so many times i lost count

That one's really easy IMO. Unless you mean the last section on Very Hard, which is only hard because instead of following the pattern from Hard, there are twice as many beats in part of it, and they also mix the beats up to be spread out over the screen more.
Actually, that's one of my favorite songs/levels. The other ones I like are the teacher level and the matsuri competition.

I have a question if anyone has a translation. In the election level, why do the police arrest the purple afro guy? Is his 'afro-in-a-can' spray illegal or something? Or are they just the fashion police? :lol:

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']That one's really easy IMO. Unless you mean the last section on Very Hard, which is only hard because instead of following the pattern from Hard, there are twice as many beats in part of it, and they also mix the beats up to be spread out over the screen more.
Actually, that's one of my favorite songs/levels. The other ones I like are the teacher level and the matsuri competition.[/quote]

I don't know. I always had trouble with the Mouse and Policeman levels, on Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. I'd always get stuck on them, and usually going back to them on another day was the best solution.

My favorites are the Pottery Master, Cleopatra's Miracle Diet, Matsuri, and, yes, the Sarariman vs. Mouse. It kills me every time the Mouse gives the sarariman his business card. Oh, and RSG of course.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']
I have a question if anyone has a translation. In the election level, why do the police arrest the purple afro guy? Is his 'afro-in-a-can' spray illegal or something? Or are they just the fashion police? :lol:[/quote]

I don't have a translation, and I'd have to go back and check it, but the impression I got is that the afro-in-a-can spray was also a form of mind control.

[quote name='banpeikun']i quit playing when i got the girls. the little circles are just too small and annoying.[/quote]
[quote name='banpeikun']the reason i didn't try to do the girl difficulty is because i try until i get an A and perfect on every level. trying to do that on the last difficulty level would take too much time and levels of frustration.[/quote]
[quote name='banpeikun']i picked this up again for a couple of hours and beat the first 3 girls' songs with S rank.[/quote]

In case anyone has been following my progress, I started playing again this past week. I'm trying to get a "perfect" S on every cheerleader stage. I just beat the Cleopatra stage last night and I'm working on the politician now.

I love this game, but I hope I don't get in trouble for posting in a thread that is over 3 years old...:eek:

I think I'll play through Ouendan & Ouendan 2 again on my new DSi I'm getting in about 27 days =D

Nintendo needs to hurry up and announce Ouendan 3 and Elite Beat Agents 2 dammit!!! I WANT THOSE GAMES BAD ;-;

EBA didn't seem to sell that well here. I think we'll see an Ouendan 3 at least.There's a huge fanbase for that game in Japan. There are even desktops for it and stuff.

04_sample.jpg
05_sample.jpg

06_sample.jpg
07_sample.jpg

01_sample.jpg
02_sample.jpg

03_sample.jpg
14_sample.jpg

13_sample.jpg
15_sample.jpg

16_sample.jpg
08_sample.jpg