OTT addict 'dies from blood clot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't checked my speed in a while...why not?
1417981282.png

Not bad, considering I also have Netflix streaming in the living room and a something else running in my office...

[quote name='Temporaryscars']We really should be posting what we pay along with these speeds.[/QUOTE]
Very true, the happiest I have ever been was with a $29 plan from Telocity before DirectTV ruined them. Pings in the low teens, I was a CS beta demon.

The $99 fiber deal both our parents get is phenomenal since they need a true landline with their cable & broadband. It was a huge risk for their little local power utility to take but it's paid off for the community; However, the power EMC (members co-op) where we used to live tried it and failed miserably (but they went with a pots/DSL + portal offering nobody wanted). It was not a surprise, when half your BoD's personal emails have [an] AOL [domain] extensions you shouldn't be in a position to make those kinds of decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't bother posting my speedtest. I always get shitty results, yet I normally have a pretty decent online experience.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']We really should be posting what we pay along with these speeds.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point.

I pay ~$60 for the fastest Comcast residental offering, but I know they changed their plan a while back. I just looked it up and it's "up to 20Mbps"...which is kind of bullshit, because I used to be able to pull down 25Mbps easily.

I'm going to keep an eye on this over the next week or so. If the speeds are about the same, I'm going to start shopping around...

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Which is the best version to see?

I mean, I've seen it already, but I want to watch it again now that I've read the book.[/QUOTE]
I saw it in the theaters, but I hear the Director's Cut had more stuff lifted directly from the comic.

I thought the Director's Cut was better. It had a few scenes that were completely cut out of the theatrical cut (I can't remember what specifically, but there were a few significant scenes, I believe).

It also had a little more gore.

Regardless of what version you watch, it's still excellent.

That talk about Darksiders a few days back (or was it the GGT?) made me rent it. Just beat the Griever. So good. Hard mode is pretty easy, too. :D

20% off an apple laptop with the Kindle with Special Offers. I really, really wish that my trade in would hurry in and go through.

I can't wait to go home, finish Darksiders and then start something else...Prolly go back to Fallout New Vegas or Demon's Souls.

[quote name='prmononoke']I thought the Director's Cut was better. It had a few scenes that were completely cut out of the theatrical cut (I can't remember what specifically, but there were a few significant scenes, I believe).

It also had a little more gore.

Regardless of what version you watch, it's still excellent.[/QUOTE]

With the exception of the Rorschach vs. child killer scene, I agree.

It's more effective and disturbing when you don't see
the prosthetic head getting cleaver'ed, the theatrical cut did this better a'la Reservoir Dogs' ear scene.

Better than what I thought.

And it's Friday. Now to just spend 8.5 hours in Chemistry (easiest assignment). Push Start. Click verify. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Call critical. Read book!
If this place actually had auto-verification like any modern lab I wouldnt be needed at all.

Skyrim super nerd edition announced

6012366094_b7b5309d5e.jpg

Today Bethesda announced the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition for $149.99. In addition to including the game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:
  • Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
  • The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
  • ‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

Why the hell does the mp3 player not remember what song it was on when hooked up to the car stereo via usb?

Each time when I start up the car and it says "Reading USB" it goes right back to the first default track. Tiffany Gardiania's "No Average Angel".
(It came free on the player and I'm afraid to delete it off. It's the keystone that holds everything together)

It's annoying when you're on the 6th track of an album or 15 minutes into a 20 minute song and you have to turn off the car. When you come back, bam right back to "No Average Angel".

I got a temporary job offer, but it is gonna require working outside for 8+ hours in the 100+ degree heat...

I don't know if I want to do it or not.

what kind of job is it?

Go shirtless. Get that money. Get that tan. Make the bitches wet.
Get that heat stroke.
---
I can't wait to start work again at the end of the month. I need a regular sleeping schedule again.

[quote name='eldergamer']Why the hell does the mp3 player not remember what song it was on when hooked up to the car stereo via usb?

Each time when I start up the car and it says "Reading USB" it goes right back to the first default track. Tiffany Gardiania's "No Average Angel".
(It came free on the player and I'm afraid to delete it off. It's the keystone that holds everything together)

It's annoying when you're on the 6th track of an album or 15 minutes into a 20 minute song and you have to turn off the car. When you come back, bam right back to "No Average Angel".[/QUOTE]

Because you have a shitty mp3 player with shitty music on it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']what kind of job is it?

Go shirtless. Get that money. Get that tan. Make the bitches wet.
Get that heat stroke.
[/QUOTE]

It is pulling and terminating cable in new construction. I have experience in it, but never in 110 degree weather. Plus it is like a temporary job handled by a sub contractor and I am kind of worried I am gonna get ripped off...

No "good" deals this week, but if there's no deals next week either, debating if I should just go ahead and get a new 360 at target next week or keep trying to hold out for a deal. I don't care for kinect, and yes, I know Sears has a 50 GC offer, but I almost never shop at sears, so their GC is worthless to me.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I can't wait to start work again at the end of the month. I need a regular sleeping schedule again.[/QUOTE]
My sleeping schedule hasn't really suffered, but having absolutely nothing to do in the daytime is killing me. I need a bike or something...

[quote name='darthbudge']It is pulling and terminating cable in new construction. I have experience in it, but never in 110 degree weather. Plus it is like a temporary job handled by a sub contractor and I am kind of worried I am gonna get ripped off...[/QUOTE]

Texas summers aren't really ideal for manual labor. If you do it, half ass it and you'll be fine.

[quote name='Eviltude']
Texas summers aren't really ideal for manual labor. If you do it, half ass it and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking... it came through my school department's office so I am guessing it is somewhat legit. They are offering $11.50 an hour, so I was thinking I could just half-ass it until I can't take it anymore and then I could just always quit.

I just ordered the kindle. I'm getting it tomorrow, allegedly, which should let me get that 50% off laptops code. I've heard they sell for about $50 on ebay. I'll take that thank you.

Is Singularity worth playing? I bought it on a whim at Sears today for $5.

I also got one of those 60gb HD Live kits. What do I have to do to transfer everything over and reauthorize all my content? Is there a transfer cable sharing thread somewhere on CAG?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Is Singularity worth playing? I bought it on a whim at Sears today for $5.

I also got one of those 60gb HD Live kits. What do I have to do to transfer everything over and reauthorize all my content? Is there a transfer cable sharing thread somewhere on CAG?[/QUOTE]

Linkin was sharing his transfer cable.
If you don't want to wait, just grab a large USB flash drive, move your save games, then you can just redownload your arcade games. If you have a large enough drive and don't mind the hassle, you can move everything, probably... I'd just skip installed games and reinstall them the next time you play though.

And I've heard singularity was decent, but couldn't tell you from personal experience.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Linkin was sharing his transfer cable.
[/QUOTE]
:lol:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']
If you don't want to wait, just grab a large USB flash drive, move your save games, then you can just redownload your arcade games. If you have a large enough drive and don't mind the hassle, you can move everything, probably... I'd just skip installed games and reinstall them the next time you play though.
[/QUOTE]
I forgot about using a USB drive. Do you have to copy each game save one-by-one or is there a "backup all" method?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']:lol:

I forgot about using a USB drive. Do you have to copy each game save one-by-one or is there a "backup all" method?[/QUOTE]

Way back when, when I got my 120gb, before NXE, it was 1 by fuckin' 1.
You have to be logged into the profile that owns the save too. That made it worse.

However, I think NXE and forward may let you do it by "game" so you can copy all saves/files for a game to the drive... it's not a 'backup all" but it's definitely faster than 1 by 1 if it works.

I finally got a new battery for my car. I got out of work today, went to start my car and it didn't start, but was making super fun sounding noises. I popped the hood and found the positive battery terminal leaking battery juice, sizzling and smoking. Frosty had to come pick me up, take me to get a battery, then take me back to my car to install it. Bonus: getting battery acid on your skin despite super thick nitrile gloves.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Way back when, when I got my 120gb, before NXE, it was 1 by fuckin' 1.
You have to be logged into the profile that owns the save too. That made it worse.

However, I think NXE and forward may let you do it by "game" so you can copy all saves/files for a game to the drive... it's not a 'backup all" but it's definitely faster than 1 by 1 if it works.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, thanks for the info. I'll mess around with it later.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Is Singularity worth playing? I bought it on a whim at Sears today for $5.

I also got one of those 60gb HD Live kits. What do I have to do to transfer everything over and reauthorize all my content? Is there a transfer cable sharing thread somewhere on CAG?[/QUOTE]
$5? Nice. I'll have to try to track down a copy. Heard it's pretty decent, what I read of reviews sounded interesting enough...even more so for $5.

With a large enough thumbdrive, you should be able to hit Y and do a Transfer Content.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']$5? Nice. I'll have to try to track down a copy. Heard it's pretty decent, what I read of reviews sounded interesting enough...even more so for $5.

With a large enough thumbdrive, you should be able to hit Y and do a Transfer Content.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to see if your Sears has it using Google Product Search. Just select "nearby stores" when you're under the shopping tab. Fair warning though, not all stores have it for $5 according to some in the Sears clearance thread.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You should be able to see if your Sears has it using Google Product Search. Just select "nearby stores" when you're under the shopping tab. Fair warning though, not all stores have it for $5 according to some in the Sears clearance thread.[/QUOTE]
...aaaand that just saved a trip. No Sears stock around. Looks like the lowest price was $8, which is still a steal.

Thanks for the tip though! I didn't know about this.

[quote name='Chika']I finally got a new battery for my car. I got out of work today, went to start my car and it didn't start, but was making super fun sounding noises. I popped the hood and found the positive battery terminal leaking battery juice, sizzling and smoking. Frosty had to come pick me up, take me to get a battery, then take me back to my car to install it. Bonus: getting battery acid on your skin despite super thick nitrile gloves.[/QUOTE]

Remindes me of my high school days minus my father cursing.

Had a dream the new stars of Two and Half Men (Jon Crier and Ashton Kutcher) we wearing bright orange polo type shirts, playing guitars and singing the Friends theme song. (As part of the episode, I think. It was a diner).

I have never watched one episode of Two and a Half Men. Reading one "blurb" about it in the entertainment section of the paper really set off my subconscious.

[quote name='Eviltude']Because you have a shitty mp3 player with shitty music on it.[/QUOTE]

No, it's a Sony 8 gig Walkman.
I just keep that "No Average Angel" song on there because I fear that sony has DRM on there that ties that song to the player's functonality. (It's what I would do)

This is on my mp3 player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WvVe0Zzoro

[quote name='Soodmeg']The nickle and diming of DLC is really starting to get to me.[/QUOTE]

There's only one solution: pull a wubb, unplug your 360 and throw it out the window, then quit gaming. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
CMufb.jpg

Tattoo after session 2. About 5 or 5 1/2 hours of work total so far. The purple is a work in progress so it doesn't look very good right now. Session three in one week, should have the Joker finished, and I'll need one or two more sessions after that to do the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back