OTT Expert Analysis: How the Rangers choked away another World Series

[quote name='Maklershed']Everyone loves Portal. And cake.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, no and no.

I'm not saying personally, as I love me some fuckin' cake. But yeah, there are "people" who love pie. And not the kind of pie they should love... (though they may love that too).

[quote name='Maklershed']Your mom is only 8 years older than me?

feelsbadman.jpg[/QUOTE]

My father is 20 years older than you if it makes you feel better.

I think I am done with Batmang. All I have left is the collectathon and the challenge maps. I think I am going to put it up on CL later today.

I have no idea how you guys can play through an entire game in 3-4 days. A $60 game at that. I couldn't even do that before kids.

Don't you want to make it last? Where's the value? Or is there a race to finish it fast while the trade in value is still high?

[quote name='eldergamer']I have no idea how you guys can play through an entire game in 3-4 days. A $60 game at that. I couldn't even do that before kids.

Don't you want to make it last? Where's the value? Or is there a race to finish it fast while the trade in value is still high?[/QUOTE]

I rent, so the faster I get through it, the faster I can rent another game. Plus if it was Multiplayer, I could see keeping it.

[quote name='eldergamer']I have no idea how you guys can play through an entire game in 3-4 days. A $60 game at that. I couldn't even do that before kids.

Don't you want to make it last? Where's the value? Or is there a race to finish it fast while the trade in value is still high?[/QUOTE]

Aside from Batman and Gears the only other game I have beaten in the past 6-8 months was Back to the Future.

Gears is another game I will probably throw up on CL as well. fucking Cliffy B. I swear to God that company went to complete shit after Gears 1. I have absolutely no faith in them anymore. UTIII was shit, Gears 2 was a huge disappointment, and then he made sure to fuck shit up again with Gears 3.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'] and then he made sure to fuck shit up again with Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the improved cover-system and MP in gears3, but the narrative was shit- even the more dramatic portions seemed wasted and poorly timed. Half-way (well maybe 2/3s) through the game I didn't care anymore.
I'm on a boat, truck, sub . . . at a resort like a boss . . . BS.

At least the MP launch on 3 was 1,000,000x better than 2 (remember 12-20 minutes before successful matchmaking during the first week for '2? Cleanest my playroom ever was- I was fucking redundantly vacuuming and wiping down the furniture at one point because I was out of shit to organized and straighten up). The sense of scale achieved in some of the sequences of 2 never returned in 3 either. It was just formulaic and phoned-in- oh well, at least I wasn't getting melee'ed through walls in MP.

I agree with you for the most part, I expected more for the trilogy's finale but, I wouldn't say it was totally fucked up . . . just squandered.-

Playing Mind Jack some this week gave me some perspective on it though.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAzs79b4c9s

The multiplayer just didn't keep me engaged like I thought it would. What made me love Gears was the simplicity of the multiplayer, but they just kept fucking it up and making it bigger and bigger.

I can see that, "big-head mode" weekend kinda made me cringe.

At least it functions better than 2's MP- even if it does have its shit spread thin.

Each Gears sequel seem to nail down, and eliminate, a problem of the previous while neglecting what made its successor great.

I don't play regular multi, but the team deathmatch mode was a nice feature and horde mode is still plenty of fun for me. I've just been so absorbed in Dark Souls that I haven't gone back to gears 3 yet. Maybe when I'm done with Arkham City and Shadows of the Damned.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The multiplayer just didn't keep me engaged like I thought it would. What made me love Gears was the simplicity of the multiplayer, but they just kept fucking it up and making it bigger and bigger.[/QUOTE]

How is "shotgun to the face" not simple enough. That's all anyone does. There'sa reason 72% of kills are from shotguns.

Also, 62 to 7. Ouch!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']How is "shotgun to the face" not simple enough. That's all anyone does. There'sa reason 72% of kills are from shotguns.

Also, 62 to 7. Ouch![/QUOTE]

I don't hate the gnasher, but the sawed off really killed my love of Gears. I absolutely hate that gun. I also want the game to go back to lancer/gnasher as the only loadout at the beginning. I hate weapon spawns changing every round, and everything else they did.

I probably put more time into Gears 1 than just about anyone on this board, and yet the last two games in the series took all that built up equity and smashed it. Same thing with Unreal. UT 3 was such a let down after 2K4 that I have lost all faith in that series.

[quote name='lordwow']Siri is pretty badass. I'm really impressed how quickly it figured out my speech patterns.[/QUOTE]

It's really funny to ask it where to hide a body.

Wow, I actual turn on the 360 to play from Trouble Witches that I picked up when it was half off, the Xbox updates, and then as I read through the Trouble Witches FAQ the system shits itself and RRoDs. I already replaced the heatsink and stuff before to fix the original RRoD. I wonder if I remount the heatsink if the problem will fix itself like before.

Alright, Xbox fixed again. Now, hopefully the graphic intense Trouble Witches does not cause it to overheat and shit out again. But just in case, I only put it halfway back together.

So much work to do around here. Living room is a complete mess with kids toys/books everywhere. Three baskets of laundry to fold and dishes to unload and load. At least I know what I'm doing with my day off tomorrow.

Eh, time for games. I'm enjoying Darksiders but am surprised it's repeating content so soon into the game. I really need to work on clearing out my :ds: backlog too. Some of those games (Mostly RPGS) have been untouched for well over 6 months.

Just got done watching American Horror Story. Am I one of the few people who actually like the show? On the other side, damn the maid is smoking hot.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Holy shit, Michael Keaton is brilliant as Betelgeuse. I always forget how fucking awesome he was in this role.[/QUOTE]

He was also great in Mr. Mom.

My CE of Arkham should be in today. Still upset that the included soundtrack is some garbage shit with Panic at the Disco and Coheed and Cambria and not the awesome as fuck score.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']My CE of Arkham should be in today. Still upset that the included soundtrack is some garbage shit with Panic at the Disco and Coheed and Cambria and not the awesome as fuck score.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack is what held me from buying the CE. Score i'm all in but no go on some "influenced" by crap.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']The soundtrack is what held me from buying the CE. Score i'm all in but no go on some "influenced" by crap.[/QUOTE]

The statue is nice though...My Father-in-law is a huge Batman fan and he said he was going to steal it from me.

I told him he could have it because I had sex with his daughter before we were married. He then said: "Oh, yeah? What number in line were you?"

We all had a good laugh....well, not all of us.

For anyone who's beaten Batman:
Did you try going into Detective Vision when you fight Joker after he's been "rejuvenated"? You'll notice that he has no bones, hinting at what's to come. I think that is one of the coolest little touches that Rocksteady threw in. I honestly didn't even think about it till the end fight.

[quote name='Chika']Made a pineapple upside down cake today. It came out reaaalllly well.

[/QUOTE]

Nice. I've been meaning to experiment in the kitchen now that the temperature has dropped. I'm thinking of messing around by using oat flour and not usings any eggs, butter, vegetable oils, or adding any sugar.

[quote name='crunchewy']You don't have an HDD in your Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Sure do...120GB.

I like to stir up the PC > Console debate in the OTT. ;)

Wonder what I could get for my SPECTAC Kit promo code from Best Buy? Probably nothing because as soon as I send it out, it'll get used and I'll get a Paypal chargeback and get screwed.

[quote name='Dkellar']I'll take it if you still have it. I plan on grabbing Deathsmiles LE sometime today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I just sent it your way.

[quote name='Maklershed']
deus ex machina!
[/QUOTE]

There are worse endings. The real problem is that every ending now needs to live up to Six Feet Under's ending. That's a tall fucking order.

[quote name='Number83']Sure do...120GB.

I like to stir up the PC > Console debate in the OTT. ;)[/QUOTE]

For instance:

http://www.1up.com/reviews/battlefield-3-xbox-360-ps3

[quote name='1up']Battlefield 3 on consoles is a very different game than the PC version. It doesn't look as good, and it supports fewer players online. By the sheer nature of control scheme, it requires a very different skill set. It's slower paced and requires a far more conservative style of play.[/quote]

Perhaps, but at least everyone playing the Xbox version is (mostly) on the same playing field. No one has a hardware advantage (well, aside from 720p vs. 1080p). Not that I care. I didn't buy Battlefield 3 and don't expect to unless the Xbox version hits the bargain bins some time soon, perhaps because of how uber superior the PC version is. ;^)

bread's done
Back