OTTcast #3: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']At the 7 minute mark, I imagine that he's tearing up a plate of oversized chocolate chip cookies; crumbs flying all over.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I'm looking at jobs. It's a retail job that I'm looking at on Craigslist. It says the pay rate + $3.50 an hour premium. What's that mean? Premium = Sundays? Overnight shift..?

Pointless...

3106_dc501eeb50fe4cf11f8e17f43b00d64c.jpg

http://vimeo.com/1929464

[quote name='Rocko']Thanks, Brak.

I wish something decent would be released on Wii Ware.

...At least I'll have Animal Crossing to make it all better.[/QUOTE]

I think I might wait till before Christmas and sell mine to a desperate parent.

Sweet Baby Jesus @ the musical tastes of this female friend of mine.

I think she has hearing AIDS, because I can't see how anyone could enjoy this much nu_metal and radio pop / radio hip-hop without having some sort of taste deficiency.

[quote name='Brak']I wonder if W. is any good.

It sounds very Freudian.[/QUOTE]It was basically worth it just to see all the actors play their roles, I found their takes on Cheney/Rumsfeld/Powell/Rice/Rove fascinating. Cromwell doing Bush Sr. was great, only thing he needed was to change his voice up a little. Josh Brolin legit deserves at least a nomination for what he did, his voice and mannerisms are dead on and he makes the character very sympathetic. I dunno, I've always sort of pitied Bush. He's clearly a dumbass but the blame lies on the people around him who put him in that position and those that made it possible for him to get there IMO.

There was one scene I found pretty offensive though.

They make a gag out of Bush visiting a burn ward or some shit. He goes up to a soldier that's had his legs amputated and burnt to a crisp and they really caricature Bush's character by making him offer a stupid-ass T-shirt and awkwardly umm...shake his thumb in order to try and console him, playing it up for laughs.

Only shitty part was all these old-ass dudes there(mostly women) putting their 2 cents in after every scene. :roll:

Luckily my friend is kind of an unabashed asshole and his obnoxious "Shut the fuck up!" seemed to diffuse the situation. :cool:

I was hoping to snag a used SR2 and Dead Space today so I could get a third game free, but as expected, there weren't any used copies of either. I wonder how long the B2G1F deal will last.

Back from rodent duty.

Changed some rats out, and they were pretty cool. They'd play games with each other while I had my hand in the cage, one chasing the other around and then hiding behind my hand. These weren't the supposedly mean ones though that are rabbit sized, these were your average white lab super smart rats. Friendly fellows.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Back from rodent duty.

Changed some rats out, and they were pretty cool. They'd play games with each other while I had my hand in the cage, one chasing the other around and then hiding behind my hand. These weren't the supposedly mean ones though that are rabbit sized, these were your average white lab super smart rats. Friendly fellows.[/QUOTE]

pinky_and_the_brain.jpg
?

[quote name='Mojimbo']It was basically worth it just to see all the actors play their roles, I found their takes on Cheney/Rumsfeld/Powell/Rice/Rove fascinating. Cromwell doing Bush Sr. was great, only thing he needed was to change his voice up a little. Josh Brolin legit deserves at least a nomination for what he did, his voice and mannerisms are dead on and he makes the character very sympathetic. I dunno, I've always sort of pitied Bush. He's clearly a dumbass but the blame lies on the people around him who put him in that position and those that made it possible for him to get there IMO.

They make a gag out of Bush visiting a burn ward or some shit. He goes up to a soldier that's had his legs amputated and burnt to a crisp and they really caricature Bush's character by making him offer a stupid-ass T-shirt and awkwardly umm...shake his thumb in order to try and console him, playing it up for laughs.

Only shitty part was all these old-ass dudes there(mostly women) putting their 2 cents in after every scene. :roll:

Luckily my friend is kind of an unabashed asshole and his obnoxious "Shut the fuck up!" seemed to diffuse the situation. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the thoughts.

I might see it in a couple weeks.
[quote name='Trakan']zoo, brak, want to play COD?[/QUOTE]
I must have been on my way home from work when you posted that.

[quote name='Brak']I wonder if W. is any good.

It sounds very Freudian.[/quote]

I enjoyed it. It should have been a bit shorter (I noticed several places it could have ended).

I would recommend it to you.

Cool.

I'm glad that it sounds fair, and I was actually hoping that it made you sympathize wish Bush a little, because I've always kinda felt bad for him.

(All Democratic and Republican presidents are meat puppets of their respective party.)

[quote name='Mojimbo']It was basically worth it just to see all the actors play their roles, I found their takes on Cheney/Rumsfeld/Powell/Rice/Rove fascinating. Cromwell doing Bush Sr. was great, only thing he needed was to change his voice up a little. Josh Brolin legit deserves at least a nomination for what he did, his voice and mannerisms are dead on and he makes the character very sympathetic. I dunno, I've always sort of pitied Bush. He's clearly a dumbass but the blame lies on the people around him who put him in that position and those that made it possible for him to get there IMO.

Luckily my friend is kind of an unabashed asshole and his obnoxious "Shut the fuck up!" seemed to diffuse the situation. :cool:[/quote]

You thought that scene was played for laughs? It was an awkward scene, for sure, but I couldn't really decide if it was being played for laughs.

I thought the acting was great, except for Thandie Newton. I thought she was overacting in a really annoying way.

[quote name='Brak']Cool.

I'm glad that it sounds fair, and I was actually hoping that it made you sympathize wish Bush a little, because I've always kinda felt bad for him.

(All Democratic and Republican presidents are meat puppets of their respective party.)[/quote]

Indeed.

I've heard plenty of people saying that Republicans and Bush supporters will hate the film, but I would think just the opposite, honestly. Bush is really painted as a misunderstood, nice guy, who is in way over his head. There really wasn't much in the film that portrayed him negatively.

[quote name='Brak']Cool.

(All Democratic and Republican presidents are meat puppets of their respective party.)[/quote]

I'll sum it up for you, out of the dozen reviews I've read:

Surprisingly human look at Bush. Feels a little rushed.

That's pretty much what they've been saying. Though, reviews are hard to go by since Stone has always been a critical darling.

Nobody told me there were gonna be lil creepy crawlies in Dead Space

:wall:

-------------------------

Also, did a mod nuke ff7cloud's video thread?

[quote name='crystalklear64']I can't wait to bang your wife.[/quote]

[quote name='Moxio']Spouses are for the weak. :robot:[/quote]

[quote name='crystalklear64']I can't wait to bang your dog.[/quote]

[quote name='Moxio']Pets are for the weak. :robot:[/quote]

[quote name='crystalklear64']: /[/quote]

[quote name='Moxio']Moxio: 1
CK: 0

:cool:[/quote]

ck, you forgot "i can't wait to bang your ROBOT:robot:"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done