Overstock mistake: Neon Genesis Platinulion collection for $8.03 + tax

[quote name='Danro']Ordered 1, saw the movies and now I must know more![/QUOTE]
Ha! :lol: The movie is the actual ending to the series. You kind of spoiled it.

well i ordered one, i tried to wake up my girlfriend last night to buy it, but she didnt believe me, so i showed her today, and she was more than willing... my advice, date someone that likes anime

Jumped on it - thanks OP. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but hey, you never know. Worse that happens is that we don't get it, right?

I figured that this would be corrected within and hour or two. If it had been, I would have likely got mine since it would have merely been a "customer service" issue, now with everyone ordering they'll most likely cancel them all. Maybe if you order a bunch of stuff with it they'd give it to you, but probably not like this.

Never heard of this show, but for $8, I might as well buy it. Thanks OP, hopefully this actually goes through, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's a pre-order. They might fix the price see what happens and go from there. A habit of mistakes and canceling orders is bad for any company. I'm willing to wait so I just hope they put us all at the bottom of a long list.

Evangellion does have an odd ending though. Thinking back to when I first saw it. It still confuses me a little. Did everyone die or what.

[quote name='j.elles']It's a pre-order. They might fix the price see what happens and go from there. A habit of mistakes and canceling orders is bad for any company. I'm willing to wait so I just hope they put us all at the bottom of a long list.

Evangellion does have an odd ending though. Thinking back to when I first saw it. It still confuses me a little. Did everyone die or what.[/QUOTE]
The could just easily give out a few dollar credit for their mistake. Not a bad way to get more people to order from your site.

Did you watch it. Shinji and his father are exactly the same. Same thought patterns. Same conclusions. Same opinions. Same fears. There carbon copys almost. Add to that Rei looking scary the same as his mother and that means strange. Plus all that sureal dreaming crap was wierd. Shinjis not a loser just traumitised. Losing his parents and bastard father orphanage all that shit.

[quote name='chaarlieee']To me the ending was very fitting because Shinji was such a loser.[/QUOTE]
Haha. He was stupid but oh well.
And thanks for basically giving away the ending.. I bet a lot of people appreciated that.

Lame endings don't count to me. Thats why theres so much damn fanfiction on it. To fix the acid trip ending of the series.

I am calling them right now to check.

I called and they said that even if there was aprice increase that they would honor the origional price since I was already charged. So yay. :bouncy:

[quote name='Autumn Star']Haha. He was stupid but oh well.
And thanks for basically giving away the ending.. I bet a lot of people appreciated that.[/QUOTE]

HE didn't give away the ending. He is totally wrong about it.

Ordered ittt, if it goes through then by god I shall sacrifice a lamb to the OP.
EDIT: wooooo just got my order confirmation here's hoping!

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I am calling them right now to check.

I called and they said that even if there was aprice increase that they would honor the origional price since I was already charged. So yay. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

sweet, then I am really hoping this deal goes through now.

ordered one, saw this deal on other sites like slickdeals so i doubt this will go through, there are too many dumbasses out there ordering 10 to sell on eBay =(

[quote name='Autumn Star']Haha. He was stupid but oh well.
And thanks for basically giving away the ending.. I bet a lot of people appreciated that.[/QUOTE]
I didn't give away anything. What the hell?

[quote name='Viperx116']How are they dumbasses?[/QUOTE]

Because a company is more likely to let genuine customers, who purchase things for themselves, to benefit from a price mistake than people who are just doing it for profit. Resellers aren't usually beneficial to them.

I called and they said that even if there was aprice increase that they would honor the origional price since I was already charged. So yay. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Are you joking about calling them, or do you just not know that it is a bad idea in situations like this?

That doesn't change the fact that they can still just cancel the order all together. :roll:

[quote name='guessed']Are you joking about calling them, or do you just not know that it is a bad idea in situations like this?[/QUOTE]

No I called them, and that is what they told me that, because I already paid for it, that I would get it for that price.

It seems this is the correct viewing order:

episodes 1-20 of the original series
21-24 of the director's cut
25-26 of the original series

then "the end of evangelion" which contains an alternate 25-26.

"death and rebirth" contains only material repeated in the others.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']No I called them, and that is what they told me that, because I already paid for it, that I would get it for that price.[/QUOTE]
I'm ordering another one or two or three tomorrow if it's still there. :)

A few good Christmas presents to a few people I know. If they happen to have it, I can just auction it off, so I take no loss.

In it for two. I already have the original release (before they released an art box, ::grumble:: ) and picked up the first Platinum w/ box on the cheap but never bought the rest to fill it in. I'd rather have the full discs, but for less than $10 each, I might as well jump on it. I ordered before reading a couple more pages into the thread and seeing the free shipping code, but I don't think I'll bother cancelling and reordering over $2.80. I'm not that cheap. ;)

Thanks, OP!

I saw this on another deal site and thought this was for one disc until I click the link. This got to be the best deal for a boxset...ever!

Anyways can anyone here tell me whats the difference between this Platinum edition and the perfect collection? Besides the price of course;)

[quote name='roguejedi5']I saw this on another deal site and thought this was for one disc until I click the link. This got to be the best deal for a boxset...ever!

Anyways can anyone here tell me whats the difference between this Platinum edition and the perfect collection? Besides the price of course;)[/QUOTE]

the picture quality is a major difference. I had never seen the version from the perfect collection until last week on adult swim and there is a quite noticable difference.

[quote name='roguejedi5']I saw this on another deal site and thought this was for one disc until I click the link. This got to be the best deal for a boxset...ever!

Anyways can anyone here tell me whats the difference between this Platinum edition and the perfect collection? Besides the price of course;)[/QUOTE]
The platinum collection's picture quality is much better/higher/cleaner than in the perfect collection. Plus there are the episodes from the directors cut DVD, and a number of other extras in dvd content and dvd packaging.

omg I can't believe I missed this deal!
so messed up..., I tried to jump on this deal before but the site had a limited number of space to input your city and I couldn't fit the name of the city of my billing address so they say my CC# is invalid. I was at my cuz's place b4 and now its outastock when im trying it at home. grrr....

I'm in for 1, here's to hoping (YEAH RIGHT!).

However I've gotten price mistakes from overstock before (kessen 3 anyone?).

Once I heard about the deal I hopped on it right away. For $8 you cant go wrong and I have wanted to watch the entire series for quite some time now. Hopefully the quality of the set stacks up well against the individual discs.

...How do I add it to my cart?

List Price: $9.98
Our Price: $6.63
You Save: $3.35 (33%)

This product is not in stock.
We will notify you when this product is in stock. Please enter your email address below, then click 'Go'.
[Submission Box] [Go Button]

Shipping: Only $1.40

Catalog #: 10083223

Limited Inventory!
Sell out Risk: VERY HIGH

I'm logged in and there's still no "Add to Cart" button. I think they killed it.

bread's done
Back