Overstock mistake: Neon Genesis Platinulion collection for $8.03 + tax

I tried ordering Mario kart ds but the coupon only comes out to $3.37 cents NOT the $5.00 as stated any else get the same problem?

[quote name='p00p']So we are getting a refund AND the $5 right?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully without a problem. I got the same cancellation email and have yet to see the money back in my Paypal. I guess I'll wait a few days.

Oh, so close ='(

Hmm when I add things to my cart, it only gives me a 5 dollar discount when it should be 10 =/

Hopefully they refund credit cards and work out the discounts soon.

$5 credit is better than getting nothing at all. Hopefully there is something I want to get with this credit. How long is this credit good for anyways?

Yea, I need to see the credit back in my bank account before I use this supposed 5 dollar coupon. So I'll give them a few days...

Dragon, thanks for the valiant try. :)

Rogue is right - when does this expire?

They cancelled one of them, but the second one hasn't been cancelled yet. This sucks, I got those as a birthday gift and a christmas gift.

man, that sucks that it was cancelled but now I get 10 free dollars (I had 2 coppies ordered). I guess my cousing ain't gettin no NGE for christmas this year.

[quote name='Resette']Oh, so close ='(

Hmm when I add things to my cart, it only gives me a 5 dollar discount when it should be 10 =/

Hopefully they refund credit cards and work out the discounts soon.[/QUOTE]

yeah, same here, I was thinking of getting the Shining Tears strat guide for free, but it was only 5 dollars off.

That's odd, I got the email that said it was cancelled and I would get $5 back per order. How exactly would I check for that $5? I don't see anything under order status or in my account. Would it be $5 into my Paypal? Did they put out a coupon code or something?
What's odd is that the order status still hasn't changed, it's still accepted.

[quote name='dago2727']Damn it. Got the e-mail as well. Still no credit or $5 coupon from them. Anyone else not get the coupon in their account?[/QUOTE]
I've gotten no E-mail at all but my order has been canceled as well.

I am on live chat with them right now, they are saying that it was cancled because they are OUT OF STOCK.

??????

ugh.

I'm giving this guy a real hard time, I told him that three times I spoke to different people who confirmed that I can get the item at the original price, but now he says he needs to forward the issue, and I will hear back in 4 business days. I keep asking him why overstock.com's customer service can confirm the price those times, but not now.

Count me in with the "Shot Down" group.

The way I interpret the $5 credit is you get $5 for EACH set you placed. So if you ordered 20, you get $100 credit.

Got the letter aswell. Not sure how I am going to get this $5 credit, and is my credit card going to have the money put back on it??

[quote name='Prepster']Got the letter aswell. Not sure how I am going to get this $5 credit, and is my credit card going to have the money put back on it??[/QUOTE]

Anything less than that would be fraud.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Count me in with the "Shot Down" group.

The way I interpret the $5 credit is you get $5 for EACH set you placed. So if you ordered 20, you get $100 credit.[/QUOTE]

Its $5 for each order, not the amount you ordered. If you ordered 20 and they were all on seperate orders you would get $100.

ARGH!

I just got done, spending all this damn time on the phone with customer service, and a supervisor...and NOTHING! They just kept saying there is no way I'll get the DVDs at that price.

Screw 'em. That is the last time I order from them.

Hi everybody, this is the OP. Sorry it didn't work out (for any of us including me) and thanks for playing. If anybody at all manages to get overstock to honor the price, well done.

I haven't gotten my moneyback yet. You spend 8 and get 5 credit. Anyone got word if they are crediting your card at some point or giving 2 credits.

[quote name='Capt Dirty Jack']Anyone have a copy of an email saying they would HONOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE?

I want my damn anime, and I'm prepared to fight.[/QUOTE]

I delt with three customer service people, and a supervisor, they had records that I talked to two people a week or so ago (and recieved an email) confirming my order, and at the price I paid...but today they all said that the customer service people who confirmed the price I paid didn't understand the whole situation.

And nobody can do anything for me now.

Haha, the Customer Service Rep. told me that "The item became out-of-stock when I placed the order." Then, right after she said that, she says "Actually, we just got some in, would you like me to replace the order for you? It will be $80.00 after your $5.00 coupon, plus $1.40 for shipping."

Needless to say, I bailed out of this deal. However, I was told that my money is being fully refunded ($8.03) and I get $5.00 in-store credit for my inconvenience.

I got the DS replacement stylus for less than a buck shipped

i'm thinking about the DS carrying case for $6 shipped, what you guys think? it doesn't seem that it has the slot to keep game though? or does it?

edit: seem like case suck so bad.. the only option left is the nintendog skin... but is it worth $5 haha

Well this is strike three for Overstock on my account, they won't get a fucking penny from in the future. I don't care what the deal is, it's the principle of them screwing 3 out of about 4 orders I've placed with them.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Well this is strike three for Overstock on my account, they won't get a fucking penny from in the future. I don't care what the deal is, it's the principle of them screwing 3 out of about 4 orders I've placed with them.[/QUOTE]
yeah but were all of your orders like "come buy this $70 item for $7 on accident please!!"?

[quote name='racthamp']I got the DS replacement stylus for less than a buck shipped

i'm thinking about the DS carrying case for $6 shipped, what you guys think? it doesn't seem that it has the slot to keep game though? or does it?

edit: seem like case suck so bad.. the only option left is the nintendog skin... but is it worth $5 haha[/QUOTE]

Can you give me a link to the aforementioned case?

I find it funny that some of you actually expected them to honor this mistake. I mean seriously, you could not have actually thought they would. I can understand hoping they honor it, and being disappointed when they don't, but actually being angry? Come on.

[quote name='c']yeah but were all of your orders like "come buy this $70 item for $7 on accident please!!"?[/QUOTE]

No actually, I had them cancel a $15 price mistake on me once. And I ordered Outlaw Star Perfect Collection one time (at their normal price) and the DVD set they was in fact just the first 2 DVDs. So I had to bother with them exchanging it and when the real deal arrived it was poorly packaged with the box being damaged and the discs coming loose inside. The only reason I did place this order was the price mistake, but to be honest it's still their screw up and after strike three I'd rather just not deal with them anymore.

Just got the email today saying that they cancelled my order and wont honor the price. To bad, I really wanted that set.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I find it funny that some of you actually expected them to honor this mistake. I mean seriously, you could not have actually thought they would. I can understand hoping they honor it, and being disappointed when they don't, but actually being angry? Come on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew it was a roll of the dice. Only thing that pisses me off is the charged my card. If they weren't going to honor the price they should never had charged my card. Still don't see a credit for the same amount yet.

[quote name='yukine']Can you give me a link to the aforementioned case?[/QUOTE]

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1452024

didn't pull the trigger yet.. seem like it doesn't carry any accessary or game.. so i may pass on that.. unless nothing else to get.. then this maybe it :(

btw.. dont' get angry about they canceling the order.. it happen all the time.. many of us should know that they charge your card right away.. so it's kinda gambling mentality thingy.. also this is not the year 2000 anymore.. where we can almost always expect them to honor a misprice... man.. how i miss those years :)

[quote name='racthamp']http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1452024

didn't pull the trigger yet.. seem like it doesn't carry any accessary or game.. so i may pass on that.. unless nothing else to get.. then this maybe it :(

btw.. dont' get angry about they canceling the order.. it happen all the time.. many of us should know that they charge your card right away.. so it's kinda gambling mentality thingy.. also this is not the year 2000 anymore.. where we can almost always expect them to honor a misprice... man.. how i miss those years :)[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that case looks horrible.

I would suggest taking a look at the Bensussen Deutsch DS case; it's pretty damn durable, and it has two mesh pockets on the inside for holding games. My case right now is holding about six DS games, with plenty of room left over.

I was able to purchase mine new on eBay for about $6.94 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41036&item=8228406916

And Toys-R-Us (Amazon) also carries it for $9.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A2R592/qid=1131662967/sr=8-8/ref=sr_8__i8_xgl63/102-7513483-3894520?v=glance&s=videogames&n=1000

Bullshit. Bullshit. BULLSHIT.
This pissed me off beyond belief!
They confirm it, then they cancel it 12 days before it comes out!!?! Screw them!

[quote name='Viperx116']Ok WTF I don't get it. I spent $8 on it, and I only get $5 credit back?[/QUOTE]

I was told by a Customer Service Rep. that I will receive a refund, and $5.00 in-store credit. But it will "take a couple of days for the refund to process." :roll:

bread's done
Back