Owners of Fat PlayStation 3 ‘Other OS’ Class Action Settlement - Up to $65 Payment

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I had the Motorstorm 80GB model way back when. Sold it on eBay back in at least 2011 after it YLOD'd.
Kinda wish I still had a backwards compatible PS3, plus those models just had a really nice aesthetic that they lost with the newer slims.

So I have the original 60gb I bought at launch serial number and receipt. I did have to send it into sony when the blu ray drive died 2 months later. My replacement has a different serial number. Theres no way sony wont hold it against you if you put in claim right. I have 8 years of plus stacked. Not sure if its worth it.

I still have my fat PS3 but I don't feel right partaking in this since I didn't give a damn about the "Other OS" removal. Now if I got the YLOD then it'd probably be a different story.

What was the vita claim about? I have a dead vita after it got updated awhile back and wont turn on anymore. Bought it new too.
I believe it was related to remote play. It was advertised for the PS3, but not really implemented fully until the PS4 came out.

Thanks OP for posting. I'm in the class but somehow missed this previously.
probably because they amended the terms after the first settlement was rejected by the courts. previously you could only join if you had actively used the Other OS and had a receipt/serial number. now you just have to say you knew about it and have multiple ways to show proof of ownership.

So do you have to pick either 1,2, or 3 here? If so will your answer affect the payout amount? I knew about it, but I don't think I ever used it.

In order to receive a payment, you will have to attest, under penalty of perjury, that you : (1) used the Other OS functionality; or (2) knew about the Other OS functionality; or (3) contend or believe that you lost value or desired functionality or were otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 and/or the disablement of Other OS functionality in the Fat PS3.

I have an original Phat with Linux still on it. Do I need to do a system update in or to qualify for the $65? I want to leave it with the current OFW which still has a Linux partition.

Let it go and leave it alone. Otherwise this'll be the REAL reason our PSN goes up to $75/year and new patches and updates will Harass us every week to make sure no bugs exist; aND then raise the price on the ps5, as I damn well hope there are no more PS4 version updates
Lol
(I kid, but not so much about this place raise PSN, maybe , who knows??)

Since I never used Linux or would have, I decided to not partake in this. I did have to pay sony for a ylod fix but whatever. Like many here think, it'll probably be 10 bucks when the payout finally comes.

What was the vita claim about? I have a dead vita after it got updated awhile back and wont turn on anymore. Bought it new too.
ps3 remote play which they never used. It eventually ended up a feature of the ps4.

probably because they amended the terms after the first settlement was rejected by the courts. previously you could only join if you had actively used the Other OS and had a receipt/serial number. now you just have to say you knew about it and have multiple ways to show proof of ownership.
Good memory, that's definitely what happened.

I traded my 80GB backwards compatible ps3 to gamestop years ago. However, I recently found the receipt of the trade in and it has the serial number. However, I can't make out one number since the ink on receipt faded. It's either a 5,6,or8.

I think there’s been a few threads on this, but, I found this one...

So, bump.

I got a check in the mail today for this. $10.07.

I think there’s been a few threads on this, but, I found this one...

So, bump.

I got a check in the mail today for this. $10.07.
Ha... yeah, same here. As soon as I got it, I was thinking 'RDR2, here I come!!' but after opening it, I'm more like 'well, guess I can use it for lunch'.

Ha... yeah, same here. As soon as I got it, I was thinking 'RDR2, here I come!!' but after opening it, I'm more like 'well, guess I can use it for lunch'.
I know, it hardly seems worth the perjury a lot of you had to commit to qualify for the payment.

Received my check as well. Love my backwards compatible PS3 fat. Prior to the release of the 4 I went to GS to trade it in and the associate told me I should not. Glad he gave that advice.

I know, it hardly seems worth the perjury a lot of you had to commit to qualify for the payment.
When our own president is guilty of much, much worse, I refuse to feel remorse. The days of having morals and taking the high road are over. There is no honor among thieves. I'll enjoy my $10.07.

Also, my backward compatible 60gb PS3 YLOD'd within 3 years. So, Sony can eat me.

The only thing it asked was if you were aware of the Other OS function, and I was.

Even if you didn't know about it, there's no way for them to prove that.
Says a lot about people that they are willing to sell their morals for $10 and change. I hope you never have to take a polygraph test as part of your employment as they will ask you if you have ever perjured yourself.

Says a lot about people that they are willing to sell their morals for $10 and change. I hope you never have to take a polygraph test as part of your employment as they will ask you if you have ever perjured yourself.
Says a lot about you that you think telling the truth is perjury. Or that it matters that people got some money from a giant corporation.

Considering I personally would never take a job that hinged on a test that is inadmissible in court due to its repeatedly being abused and tricked, I'm good. Also, you're awful judgmental over PS3 owners cashing in on Sony's bs. I myself had to give serial number and PSN ID to prove I had that PS3. This was a major feature yanked by Sony, nobody feels sorry for them

When our own president is guilty of much, much worse, I refuse to feel remorse. The days of having morals and taking the high road are over. There is no honor among thieves. I'll enjoy my $10.07.

Also, my backward compatible 60gb PS3 YLOD'd within 3 years. So, Sony can eat me.
So what's next on your crime spree? Stealing DUPLOS from daycare? Running a red light? Keep us posted.

Don't worry, obama is not your president anymore.

bread's done
Back