Patapon $20 In stores NOW!

[quote name='bmachine']Buy Patapon, of course...History will always be there!

"Pon Pon Pata Pon" is this year's "Moja! Moja!"[/quote]

Moja! Moja! What is that from?

I am on the fence about the game. I played the demo and it was good. I have a $5 off reward at Best Buy, or I could wait and get it from GameFly next month for $10 off. I think I will just buy it from BB and sell it at cost if I don't like it.

[quote name='Kendal']Moja! Moja! What is that from?[/quote]

lr-moja-thumb.gif

[quote name='KillJoi99']Im stuck at the part where you have to blow the trumpet at the tree. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat this part?[/QUOTE]
Just follow the rhythm, and remember that you don't have to hold the notes.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just follow the rhythm, and remember that you don't have to hold the notes.[/quote]
Do you start it after the tree is done singing? Also how many beats is the little solo you have to play?

[quote name='KillJoi99']Do you start it after the tree is done singing? Also how many beats is the little solo you have to play?[/quote]

If the tree sings bon bon booon wait untill hes done and you press O O O. in the same beats as the tree, same as the main story. The noise the trumpet makes when you do it right is very high pitch and "musical" when you are not pressing it right it farts.

Since I preordered it at Gamestop does someone actually call you when it comes in? i got a voicemail yesterday from some generic woman that says Patapon should be in on Wednesday.. but they didn't say what time or anything.
I guess I can go by tomorrow after work and see if my copy is in.

lol i bought it and cant get passed the very next level. tried about 5 times... im doing everything in the correct order the t-rex guy just keeps eating all my men that bastard!! Still fun though.

[quote name='Sinistar']Since I preordered it at Gamestop does someone actually call you when it comes in? i got a voicemail yesterday from some generic woman that says Patapon should be in on Wednesday.. but they didn't say what time or anything.
I guess I can go by tomorrow after work and see if my copy is in.[/QUOTE]

I don't think humans call you anymore. I picked up mine at 3 pm today so anytime tomorrow (unless you live in Alaska I suppose) should work.

[quote name='ElJeffA']lol i bought it and cant get passed the very next level. tried about 5 times... im doing everything in the correct order the t-rex guy just keeps eating all my men that bastard!! Still fun though.[/quote]

Defend before he attacks. Don't worry, your Yuripons (spelling?) will keep attacking while your Yatepons (spelling?) will defend. They really aren't that hard once you get in the rhythm of attacking and defending (and once they engage you in battle you don't have to worry about moving forward when they leap back until they leap all the way off the screen).

My issue right now is the rain drum miracle with the X button. I don't know what the beat sounds like and it's getting on my nerves.

If you're talking about the "Bon-bon-booooooooooooon" tree from the demo, I found that really simple. It's no different from the main game, just a different beat. Unless you're talking about something else, I haven't opened the game yet. :/

yup thats the one Im talking about. Maybe Ill just take a break from the game, and hope I find it really easy when I come back to it.

I got my tax return a couple days ago, and was looking into PSP games, debating if I should get the system, and found a video of this...

Needless to say, I picked up a Daxter bundle and this game this morning. Pa-ta-pa-ta-pa-ta-pon! :lol:

(Now, to find a copy of Loco Roco to go with it...)

[quote name='KillJoi99']yup thats the one Im talking about. Maybe Ill just take a break from the game, and hope I find it really easy when I come back to it.[/quote]

You're doing the right thing lol. That minigame, like a lot of things in Patapon, doesn't make itself clear. The tree won't always drop an item with every sucessful command execution. If it drops a leaf, it drops a leaf. If it drops timber, stones, fancy sticks, and the like, then so be it.

So keep doing what you are doing and hope for the best.

There's a youtube video that explains the rain dance thing. The directions don't flat out tell you that you need to actually get a Fever going to then input the Rain Dance command. It's really easy after that but omg if you don't take the time to keep that storm going while you cross the desert. SHEESH! You get fucking roasted.

GameStop and Planet X don't get any extra copies of games on release date aside from pre-orders so we went on a mad dash calling up stores trying to find out who carried a free copy. Bf and I were kinda bummed that none of the gaming stores had any to buy unless you preordered, as we were looking forward to getting the game, but thankfully the Best Buy we passed on our way home had plenty of copies to go around.

Still a really addicting game, and Hatapon is my favorite Patapon.

I played the game for 3+ hours last night. Just couldn’t put it down. My one big complaint about the game is that it really doesn’t tell you what to do.

I kept dying in the desert and was told to get the Dom drum and Juju rain thing. I just had no idea how. Took me forever to find something on the internet explaining what to do. I had no real problem with figuring out the X-XX-XX to get the rain dance started.

I was also having a hard time beating the T-Rex boss again. Finally figured out to just do the hunting level about 10 times and build up my army. Get enough guys and you can kick butt.

My one big question is what is all the stuff that you collect good for? That one thing on the main screen shows you your inventory. What can you do with the stuff. I had read someone say you can upgrade your dudes to different colors. How do you do that and what does it do? Again, I wish the game would explain things to you.

Is it really that hard to find? One of the Gamestops near me have 4+ and the Gamestop by the food court in my mall has 1-3 according to their website...

Hoffer, next time if you're confused about what to do, listen to what your patapons say in the village. It was either at the festival square or at the skirted patapon that clearly told me to go to the plains to start that portion that eventually led to the rain juju and Don drum.

[quote name='Vanigan']Hoffer, next time if you're confused about what to do, listen to what your patapons say in the village. It was either at the festival square or at the skirted patapon that clearly told me to go to the plains to start that portion that eventually led to the rain juju and Don drum.[/quote]

My main problem was getting the rain juju. I had noticed the totem and did the combination on it. Problem was I only did it once, saw it move around and that was it. I finally figured out I had to keep doing it until it released the Rain Juju.

I was just reading about the different colored soldiers. I guess that is based on what type of metal you have. Certain metal give different colored(and powered) soldiers.

I guess these are the things I wish the game would explain. I guess it gives me a reason to read internet forums during work. :D

The rain dance, it tells you to do it when in fever mode the first time you activate it. Text comes up and explains it. That is how I knew to do it then.

So the BonBon tree is luck, right? Better rhythm doesn't mean better items?

I want to build up a nice army early so I don't have to fuck with it later, but I have barely any level 2+ materials.

[quote name='NamPaehc']The rain dance, it tells you to do it when in fever mode the first time you activate it. Text comes up and explains it. That is how I knew to do it then.[/quote]

No. Do you know what it really says? Do you? It says when the start the 'Ju-Ju dance'. Now I ask you sir, if you played the demo and had forgotten wtf they dance they do is called when they go into Fever, you would have been in the same pickle that I was in. I'm not mad or anything... just a little... frustrating.

An easier instruction would have been... "Combo into Fever Mode and then hit X-XX-XX"

I finally figured out how the tree works. I was randomly pressing "O" without releasing that I was supposed to wait for him to go first, and then input my drumming to match the beat. xD I was like how the hell are you supposed to do this...

[quote name='seanr1221']Level 2+ materials?

And thanks Dallow.[/quote]Stronger materials than your standard sticks and stones to make tougher Patapon.

In the demo I got some Hard Iron and made a red axe guy who's much bigger than the rest of 'em.

[quote name='dallow']Stronger materials than your standard sticks and stones to make tougher Patapon.

In the demo I got some Hard Iron and made a red axe guy who's much bigger than the rest of 'em.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this game is much more complex than I thought.

[quote name='FurryCurry']No. Do you know what it really says? Do you? It says when the start the 'Ju-Ju dance'. Now I ask you sir, if you played the demo and had forgotten wtf they dance they do is called when they go into Fever, you would have been in the same pickle that I was in. I'm not mad or anything... just a little... frustrating.

An easier instruction would have been... "Combo into Fever Mode and then hit X-XX-XX"[/quote]

All I know is I tried the combo and it didn't work and I tried again, then a message came on and it said do it in fever mode... and I got past that part. It was late so maybe I was seeing things. Maybe the mighty Patapon came to me in vision, but that is the only reason I got past it- it told me the answer or I would be sitting here asking you guys how to do it...

There's four levels of materials. I'm not sure how to get better materials from anything other than the Bon Tree, though. :/

[quote name='Kendal']I just got the third drum(triangle) and learned the defense song. How do I beat the dinosaurous rex?[/quote]Took me 4 tries to beat it.

Makes sure you have a bunch of axe guys, and max spear guys.
Use the defense when he's about to attack, spam the attacks when he's walking back and forth.

Fever mode helps a lot here, as the spear guys throw double in fever mode.

just keep the beat in your head
you hit fever and it's a bit confusing, but keep the beat in your head and it'll be fine.

the hardest part is when you hit fever, if you keep it on after that, it's as easy as the normal beats.

i know that u have to gp tp that triangle-circle-triangle-circle totem on the plains but when i do the combo once it jumps up and the top spins, then it goes down, then i do the combo once more and it jumps up and the top spins then the whole pole goes up a little bit but then goes back down into its original position, did that happen to anyone else? what should i do to get the rain juju from that totem?

[quote name='pup1412']i know that u have to gp tp that triangle-circle-triangle-circle totem on the plains but when i do the combo once it jumps up and the top spins, then it goes down, then i do the combo once more and it jumps up and the top spins then the whole pole goes up a little bit but then goes back down into its original position, did that happen to anyone else? what should i do to get the rain juju from that totem?[/quote]It goes up and up and up and stops at a certain point if you do it correctly.
It shouldn't come back down.

bread's done
Back