Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

Do instant wins work?

Is anyone brave enough to try? Cheapass24, you've got 240 points and I've got four. Want to try one for the greater good? :D

If instant wins don't work, I wanted to throw one song request out there, if anyone's got a song they don't plan on using. I'd like Papa Roach's "Last Resort." It's probably a long shot, but I think that's the last song off the site I was really looking for. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't get it, but it never hurts to try, right?

Just used my last three codes for songs and went 0fer. At least I didn't go with my original plan after reading the rules. I was gonna save all my points for the final day when there would theoretically be a higher chance of winning due to unwon prizes being piled into the final day. I have several songs I won that are unredeemed. Those don't have to be redeemed today right?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Just used my last three codes for songs and went 0fer. At least I didn't go with my original plan after reading the rules. I was gonna save all my points for the final day when there would theoretically be a higher chance of winning due to unwon prizes being piled into the final day. I have several songs I won that are unredeemed. Those don't have to be redeemed today right?[/QUOTE]

They don't have to be redeemed today, but they won't be updating the song list again and after tonight's point-eating malfunction I'd just cash them in now if I were you.

If anyone wins anything with the instant win prizes, please post in here so we know it's not a lost cause. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']They don't have to be redeemed today, but they won't be updating the song list again and after tonight's point-eating malfunction I'd just cash them in now if I were you.

If anyone wins anything with the instant win prizes, please post in here so we know it's not a lost cause. :)[/QUOTE]
just went 0 for 3 on instant songs. I think I will wait a few hours and play my other 10 points

Well, at least the site is fixed now. I tried 5 codes and they were all losses, at this point i'm going to keep waiting and if the chances of winning don't go up, i'll use them all on rock band beatles

0-for-2 just now. No error message at least. Has anyone won a track today?? Regardless, I am finished now. 13-for-22 for the entire promotion.

They have this right on the site, so I think you are ok to hold onto your wins for now:

Winners will have until September 30, 2009 to select their game console/system and track, and track must be redeemed in winner's game console/system by December 31, 2009.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']They have this right on the site, so I think you are ok to hold onto your wins for now:[/QUOTE]

They also said that the contest would be over at midnight tonight, but had a long period of downtime/code-eating today and I haven't heard anybody say that they've actually won the instant win prizes today.

Again, if you want to be safe, I'd cash out now. It's not like they're going to add more songs once the promotion is over, so I can't think of a real reason to wait.

Just went 0 for 3 on DLC attempts. I'm going to save my last few for later... looks like they've re-activated the 'play for prizes' page with no prizes available. Has anyone won a DLC track today?? Wonder if they'll put any more for tonight or if they basically just ended the contest a day early?

[quote name='tomwaits1']Just went 0 for 3 on DLC attempts. I'm going to save my last few for later... looks like they've re-activated the 'play for prizes' page with no prizes available. Has anyone won a DLC track today?? Wonder if they'll put any more for tonight or if they basically just ended the contest a day early?[/QUOTE]

Given the problems the site was having, I'm going to guess that it's pretty much over. I haven't heard about anyone winning anything yet today.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']...had a long period of downtime/code-eating today...[/QUOTE]
I'm still pissed about that. I added 60 more codes yesterday in anticipation of my daily "special hour", when I never lose.

Accidentally redeemed a code for Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (which I already own). Anyone else have a code for a song they wanna trade with me?

Also, i entered in a code from my phone before my phone was associated with my yahoo account. it said it was 'banked' and would be available after I associated my phone. I've done that and still no code. anyone here have any idea what I need to do to retrieve that code?

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost the last 5 codes I put in over the past few days. I wish I would've known I was getting a Wii earlier in the contest; I would've tried to stock up on Wii points then

Yeah, I doubt there's any prizes left.

I lost a bunch of codes last night and emailed them when it was giving the "No points to play" error on the instants. I emailed them again this afternoon when the options were blackened out.

I did get replies to both, and it was the EXACT same email:

"I understand that you are experiencing difficulties using your Pepsi
Rock Band Codes. If the Codes seem to be faulty in any way, please
contact Young America for assistance. You can do so by calling
1-800-452-8400 or by sending email to:
[email protected]
I apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Pepsi.
Regards,

Amber

Yahoo! Pepsi Customer Care
Pepsi Rockband Promo Tech T1"

Mind you, in the second email, i never mentioned codes - I only asked if the promo ended early since the options to play were, at the time, not working.

I lost a total of ten points to the error. Throughout the day, I tried playing the instants - but I haven't won a song in about 48 hours.

I ended up dumping the rest of my points into the sweepstakes - the camera, actually. I figured everyone else would be going for the Beatles bundle and the 360.

Since nobody's winning and I doubt that's going to change, I threw my last three codes into the Beatles bundle sweepstakes. I know I probably won't win, but it's better than just wasting them on instant win prizes that no longer exist.

I had a total of 83 codes. Of those 83 codes...
  • 69 were winning DLC entries
  • 10 were losing DLC entries
  • 3 were for the Beatles bundle
  • 1 was eaten by the site earlier tonight

And, more for my own personal reference, the list of songs I got. Feel free to mock my taste in music if you want. :)

Against Me! - Stop!
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
All-American Rejects - Move Along
Billy Idol - Mony Mony
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Black Crowes - Hard to Handle
Blind Melon - No Rain
Blink-182 - All the Small Things
Blink-182 - The Rock Show
Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up to Boston
Evanescense - Bring Me to Life
Evanescense - Call Me When You're Sober
Eve 6 - Inside Out
Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Green Day - 21 Guns
Green Day - East Jesus Nowhere
Green Day - Know Your Enemy
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise
Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Jimmy Eat World - Futures
Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint
Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot
Kings of Leon - Crawl
Kings of Leon - Molly's Chambers
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
Maroon 5 - Little of Your Time
Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder
Maroon 5 - Wake Up Call
No Doubt - Don't Speak
No Doubt - It's My Life
No Doubt - Spiderwebs
Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker
R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the Girl
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
Roy Orbison - Ooby Dooby
Roy Orbison - You Got It
Social Distortion - Bad Luck
Social Distortion - Ring of Fire
Social Distortion - Story of My Life
Spinal Tap - (Funky) Sex Farm
Spinal Tap - Big Bottom
Spinal Tap - Stonehenge
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing
T. Rex - Bang a Gong
The Clash - Train in Vain (Stand by Me)
The Clash - I Fought the Law
The Cranberries - Linger
The Knack - My Sharona
The Monkees - Last Train to Clarksville
The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
The Police - Roxanne
The Who - Magic Bus (Live at Leeds)
Toby Keith - How Do You Like Me Now?
Toby Keith - Should've Been a Cowboy
Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down
Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream
Weezer - My Name is Jonas
Weezer - Pork & Beans
Weezer - Troublemaker
Weezer - Undone - The Sweater Song
Zombies - She's Not There

I'm not sure what my total investment in the contest was; most of the bottles I paid for were with loose change that I usually forget to spend. Probably at least $10, but less than $20. All of the rest were given to me by other people.

Overall, I'd say I did good. :D

Nice list, Walrus. I ended up using nearly all my DLC for a couple thousand Wii points.

I did download the Evanescense songs, too, because I like Amy Lee's voice. It scared me when I was able to do a flawless on medium vocals...that's just not right.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Nice list, Walrus. I ended up using nearly all my DLC for a couple thousand Wii points.

I did download the Evanescense songs, too, because I like Amy Lee's voice. It scared me when I was able to do a flawless on medium vocals...that's just not right.[/QUOTE]

While Piece of My Heart continues to elude me, I, too, have the ability to sing like a girl. :cry:

I thought about going for Wii points, but once they began going out of stock I wasn't sure how reliable they'd be, and I wasn't sure how many caps I'd end up getting over the course of the promotion. Rock Band DLC worked out nicely, especially since I didn't have much of it - I got my 360 in February and the bundle back in April, and had only downloaded a handful of the songs I was interested in because college is expensive.

When I've got the money I'll get my Wii points the old-fashioned way. All I know is that I'm set on Rock Band DLC for a long time. :D

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']While Piece of My Heart continues to elude me, I, too, have the ability to sing like a girl. :cry:

I thought about going for Wii points, but once they began going out of stock I wasn't sure how reliable they'd be, and I wasn't sure how many caps I'd end up getting over the course of the promotion. Rock Band DLC worked out nicely, especially since I didn't have much of it - I got my 360 in February and the bundle back in April, and had only downloaded a handful of the songs I was interested in because college is expensive.

When I've got the money I'll get my Wii points the old-fashioned way. All I know is that I'm set on Rock Band DLC for a long time. :D[/QUOTE]

Like the TMBG song, "How can I sing like a girl?"

I would have probably gone for more RB2 DLC had I won the 360 bundle earlier in the contest.

But, I went the other way because I have so little HDD space left and I figured I'd just bank up the Wii points since I hate buying them when I get the urge the play something old school. Whereas, I'm okay with buying MS Points for RB or whatever. I think it's just the variety of options that the Wii points gave, versus being tied to a particular song download.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']They also said that the contest would be over at midnight tonight, but had a long period of downtime/code-eating today and I haven't heard anybody say that they've actually won the instant win prizes today.

Again, if you want to be safe, I'd cash out now. It's not like they're going to add more songs once the promotion is over, so I can't think of a real reason to wait.[/QUOTE]

Well the T&C are clearly stated, you can only play your codes for the rest of the night, but you can still redeem your wins until September 30th.

If you are that worried about getting ripped off then go ahead and redeem all your wins today, but I think you are safe to wait. I agree that there will not be anymore songs added though.

My Breakdown:
81 Entered
5 Lost
2 eaten
15 on a giveaway...don't know which yet.
and
59 songs won.

Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
Blind Melon No Rain
Eve 6 Inside Out
Foo Fighters All My Life
Foo Fighters DOA
Foo Fighters I'll Stick Around
Foo Fighters My Hero
Foo Fighters This Is a Call
Foo Fighters Times Like These
Franz Ferdinand Do You Want To
Franz Ferdinand Take Me Out
Gorillaz Feel Good Inc.
Green Day 21 Guns
Jane's Addiction Jane Says
Jane's Addiction Ocean Size
Jimmy Buffett Cheeseburger in Paradise
Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville
Journey Don't Stop Believing
Nirvana Breed
Nirvana On a Plain
Nirvana Polly
No Doubt Bathwater
No Doubt Don't Speak
No Doubt Ex-Girlfriend
No Doubt Excuse Me Mr.
No Doubt Hella Good
No Doubt Hey Baby
No Doubt It's My Life
No Doubt Just a Girl
No Doubt Spiderwebs
No Doubt Sunday Morning
No Doubt Underneath It All
Pearl Jam Black
Pearl Jam Even Flow
Pearl Jam Jeremy
Pearl Jam Once
Presidents of the United States of America Feather Pluckn
Presidents of the United States of America Dune Buggy
Queens of the Stone Age 3's & 7's
Queens of the Stone Age Little Sister
Queens of the Stone Age Sick, Sick, Sick
R.E.M. Losing My Religion
Red Hot Chili Peppers Under the Bridge
Roy Orbison Oh, Pretty Woman
Silversun Pickups Well Thought Out Twinkles
Social Distortion Ring of Fire
Social Distortion Story of My Life
System of a Down Toxicity
The Killers Mr. Brightside
The Offspring Gone Away
The Offspring Self Esteem
Weezer - My Name is Jonas
Weezer – El Scorcho
Weezer - Troublemaker
Weezer - Undone - The Sweater Song

The Who- "Who Are You"
The Who- "Behind Blue Eyes"
The Who- "Baba O'Riley"
White Zombie-More Human than Human
Zombies - She's Not There

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Either they've somehow managed to burn through all of today's prizes in the first four hours of the day, or somebody screwed up. I'm still betting on the latter.[/QUOTE]

dammit, i held my last 15 tries for songs today and didn't read this before going 0-15. overall had an amazing win percentage but still...

So we can't win on the instant win songs anymore right? I just got a decent deal on 75 codes off eBay and I was either going to try for some songs or just throw them on the bundle drawing.

I can't complain.
479 points entered.

358 Wins for DLC - or 71,600 in Wii Points ($716)
90 DLC losses (aww)
13 Wii RB Bundle Losses (whadda waste)
18 in 360 Drawing (This week's drawing - maybe I'll win?)

Bought some codes off of eBay ($0.50 - $0.22 each). Drank tons of Pepsi. More than any man should. Got tons of caps from co-workers as well, including one guy who I think drank more Pepsi than I did. All-in-all, came out good. :)

I don't feel like counting but I think I won about $350 in Wii points, and an RB2 bundle for Wii.

Got some points in the Beatles and 360 drawings. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Never bought or drank any Pepsi, either.

Total for this promo I entered 905 caps, combined losses on everything 292 which includes all my still valid sweepstakes entries Im just counting as a loss to make it easier. So my dlc wins stand at 613, 608 of those I used on wii points.

495 points entered.

365 Wins for DLC - or 73,000 in Wii Points ($730)
110 DLC losses (dang)
18 360 RB Bundle Losses (I tired)
2 in Beatles Drawing

I entered 115 codes total (mostly off of eBay) and won on about 100 of them.

Of those, I redeemed approximately 60 for ... ::gasp:: ... actual Rock Band DLC for 360!!!!! Holy crap!!!!! And 40 for Wii points, since I'd run out of DLC I wanted.

I entered my last 3 points into drawings (after losing 7 today). I'm glad I didn't save all my points for today. Did *anyone* here win any of the Instant Win prizes today?

I ended with 175 caps total.

17 were losses for the songs/points/bundles.
34 were for Wii points.
46 were for The Beatles Rock Band drawing for this week.
78 were for 360 songs! My favorite songs from this promo are Rebel Yell, My Generation, and the 3 Nirvana songs.

I'm also drinking Pepsi right now. I may be officially addicted to caffeine thanks to this promo. This will be missed.

[quote name='darth007']I'm also drinking Pepsi right now. I may be officially addicted to caffeine thanks to this promo. This will be missed.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I can't wait to drink something besides Pepsi. :)

Tomorrow, I think I'll celebrate with...hmmm... Dr Pepper?

Don't want to do any serious math, cause I'm off to bed, but I went through 695 points. Besides a lot of songs I already had, i now have ALL of the offered 360 Rock Band songs. Besides that, I maxed out my Wii and DS with 20,000 points each, and I still have something like 15,000 codes I haven't inputted into anything because I haven't sat down to figure out what I want to spend them on.

My total cost for all of that was somewhere on the HIGH side of maybe 150.00 - I bought 500 codes for 80 bucks, the rest came other ebay purchases and random pepsi's here and there. Overall, best contest ever!

[quote name='UncleBob']Personally, I can't wait to drink something besides Pepsi. :)

Tomorrow, I think I'll celebrate with...hmmm... Dr Pepper?[/QUOTE]

Mountain Dew Code Red or Jones sodas yo. Dr. Pepper is also an excellent choice.

Aside from all my Wii points wins, I decided to take a chance/do an experiment, and I put 244 entries in to the 360 console drawing this week. I paid $70 for something like 250 caps on ebay, and put 244 of those toward the console. The other 6, plus 4 from pepsis I bought I put toward and won Wii points, to cut my losses slightly. For some reason when I went to cash them in I ended up with an 11th winning entry (used the back button after cashing in the first, and got to do that 10 times.) So I must have had one I'd never cashed in that was hidden away in there. Anyway, I figured it was worth a shot. If I win one of the 360's on offer this time I'll have gotten myself an uber-cheap 360. If I lose... well, I won't tell me wife about it. :)

Damn, I still had 25 points left to use. Can't complain too much, for about $30 spent I got probably around 20 new songs for RB2 and almost 4000 DSi points.

[quote name='radjago']I still have a code for Nirvana - Breed for 360 and two unclaimed download codes if anyone wants to trade for something.[/QUOTE]

I have TroubleMaker- Weezer code if you wanna trade...

This is what i got out of this promotion

Xbox live arcade games:
1) uno
2) robotron 2082
3) TMNT 1989 arcade
4) TMNT re-shelled
5) Puzzlefighter
6) Banjo-kazooie
7) Frogger
8) Sonic 2
9) Ultimate mortal kombat
10) Undetow
11) 1 episode of robot chicken
12) Call of duty waw map pack 2
13) Castle crashers dlc

Also got $45 in amazon that i cashed in for 3200 ms points
and $40 in my paypal account

Estimated total value= $169

Yes i got the xbla games through trades.

[quote name='boondock23']This is what i got out of this promotion

Xbox live arcade games:
1) uno
2) robotron 2082
3) TMNT 1989 arcade
4) TMNT re-shelled
5) Puzzlefighter
6) Banjo-kazooie
7) Frogger
8) Sonic 2
9) Ultimate mortal kombat
10) Undetow
11) 1 episode of robot chicken

Also got $45 in amazon that i cashed in for 3200 ms points
and $40 in my paypal account

Estimated total value= $157[/QUOTE]

How did you get the XBLA games? Possibly through trades or is there a way to get the points?

bread's done
Back