Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

I seem to only have the patience to get the wii points when I have enough bottles together. My usual one bottle at a time just funnels into the "I'll just get one more song" rhythm, especially since they were lying about them never updating the list. Next song on my list: Run To the Hills (Original). It's good to see it back.
Next "New York Provides" (caps from street bottles) Wii game : Bit.Trip Core

I decided after seeing this thread yesterday to head down to my recycling center. They only let me get at the bottle caps that people drop off there, but at least they let me :) I only pulled in 3, which I mean is better than 0. I'll be making bi-weekly stops now to check... even though it makes me take a shower after each time I go :s

Just throwing around ideas :)

[quote name='Got_Wii']I'm 90/90 and still have a couple caps to enter for some Wii points. Need to start looking for good VC games and WiiWare games that I might want to pick up. I could use some points if Neversoft released some decent DLC along with more than three songs a week. Nice find at the baseball game.[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait... You're using the Rock Band promotion to buy Guitar Hero tracks?!? That's just... wrong...

[quote name='mietha']Wait, wait... You're using the Rock Band promotion to buy Guitar Hero tracks?!? That's just... wrong...[/QUOTE]

Agreed... I'm severely disappointed in GHWT after getting through 90% of it in an afternoon :(

Song selection isn't nearly as good as RB

[quote name='PJeff']I'm currently 46/46. I'm loving this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! How are people getting 100% success? Are all the codes 'winners' if you select a song?

I purchased 25 codes on eBay. I went 22/22 on winning Rock Band songs and 0/3 on trying to win the bundle. It seems it is rather impossible to not win any songs.

[quote name='n64ra']Holy crap! How are people getting 100% success? Are all the codes 'winners' if you select a song?[/QUOTE]

They are giving away 5000 songs per day.

Start with all the Pepsi 20oz sold in one day - it's a lot. Maybe 500,000 per day? (Just a guess I have no idea) How many people own Rock Band? 4 million copies sold, 1.7 of RB2 that means only ~1.5% of the population so chances are 500,000*1.5% = 7500 caps held on to.

You have to assume maybe 1/3 of the cap points goes to the other prizes (again just guessing). That leaves maybe 5000 caps for songs...? So yeah... every one that plays for songs is going to win.

Granted this is all just numbers I pulled out of thin air, but I'm sure the logic isn't all that unreasonable.

[quote name='gfshurts']They are giving away 5000 songs per day.

Start with all the Pepsi 20oz sold in one day - it's a lot. Maybe 500,000 per day? (Just a guess I have no idea) How many people own Rock Band? 4 million copies sold, 1.7 of RB2 that means only ~1.5% of the population so chances are 500,000*1.5% = 7500 caps held on to.

You have to assume maybe 1/3 of the cap points goes to the other prizes (again just guessing). That leaves maybe 5000 caps for songs...? So yeah... every one that plays for songs is going to win.

Granted this is all just numbers I pulled out of thin air, but I'm sure the logic isn't all that unreasonable.[/QUOTE]
That's some decent reasoning.

Other things that could factor in is that people usually buy 12 packs of soda (due to more soda for less money), the amount of people that don't drink Pepsi, and the people who don't know about the promotion (or don't care).

And according to the Official Rules, it's only available to "the legal legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia" so that throws off your population percentage (I think you got 1.5% of 6 billion people)

But yeah, I think its a near-guarantee win because I don't think people are redeeming anywhere near 5000 caps a day.

9 outta 9. Just added the Cranberries Linger (probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise). I'm planning on adding my 10th win tomorrow at lunch.

[quote name='DarkZion']That's some decent reasoning.

Other things that could factor in is that people usually buy 12 packs of soda (due to more soda for less money), the amount of people that don't drink Pepsi, and the people who don't know about the promotion (or don't care).

And according to the Official Rules, it's only available to "the legal legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia" so that throws off your population percentage (I think you got 1.5% of 6 billion people)

But yeah, I think its a near-guarantee win because I don't think people are redeeming anywhere near 5000 caps a day.[/QUOTE]

FYI - The 1.5% was ~5 million RB players/300 million US citizens. 4 million RB1 and 1.7 million RB2. There's probably more overlap, but who knows...

[quote name='gfshurts']FYI - The 1.5% was ~5 million RB players/300 million US citizens. 4 million RB1 and 1.7 million RB2. There's probably more overlap, but who knows...[/QUOTE]

I don't play RockBand but I am trying to stock up on Wii points.

How does that get figured in?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I don't play RockBand but I am trying to stock up on Wii points.

How does that get figured in?[/QUOTE]

lol.

anyway, with 5000 a day it makes more sense to me. i thought it was more like 'odds of winning are 1 out of x'

[quote name='Orgymang']I purchased 25 codes on eBay. I went 22/22 on winning Rock Band songs and 0/3 on trying to win the bundle. It seems it is rather impossible to not win any songs.[/QUOTE]

I don't know whether to be excited or regretful for reading this post. I did a quick eBay search and found 25 codes for $20. After realizing that is only going to be $20 for $50 worth of DLC, I just had to get it. Haha. But thanks!

I'm now 27/27. I have another cap with me (I bought 2 Pepsi's at work today), but I'm waiting until tomorrow to try and redeem it.

Now what songs should I download.. Haha. All the Green Day songs are downloadable via Pepsi on the 360, and I'm hoping they do the same for PS3. I was going to buy that pack anyways, but now I can get it for "free."

[quote name='tk102']I don't know whether to be excited or regretful for reading this post. I did a quick eBay search and found 25 codes for $20. After realizing that is only going to be $20 for $50 worth of DLC, I just had to get it. Haha. But thanks!

I'm now 27/27. I have another cap with me (I bought 2 Pepsi's at work today), but I'm waiting until tomorrow to try and redeem it.

Now what songs should I download.. Haha. All the Green Day songs are downloadable via Pepsi on the 360, and I'm hoping they do the same for PS3. I was going to buy that pack anyways, but now I can get it for "free."[/QUOTE]

I hate soda, so I was looking at eBay as well.

I got 100 caps for $50. That works out to .50 cents a cap. When it came in the mail, it was 110 caps- and my friend is splitting the cost with me. 55 caps for 25. That works out to be $100 for only $25!

Since I am using 90% on my Wii, it is practically free Wii points. I already bought every great/good game on the service, and over 50 to spare. i wont buy any more caps, but I have been looking. I figure if I find 3-4 a week- I will be set with enough Wii points until the next Nintendo system.. lol

Here's one for Avenged Sevenfold - Critical Acclaim. I already have the song on my Xbox 360, but i was trying for Wii points. First one who gets it claims it.

RTDT4-88VQ2-Y3HWW-TYQHM-W2KR6

If someone would be generous and PM a Wii Point one it be nice, but not expected.

[quote name='flatliner718']Here's one for Avenged Sevenfold - Critical Acclaim. I already have the song on my Xbox 360, but i was trying for Wii points. First one who gets it claims it.

RTDT4-88VQ2-Y3HWW-TYQHM-W2KR6

If someone would be generous and PM a Wii Point one it be nice, but not expected.[/QUOTE]

I redeemed it. Thank you for your generosity. I really appreciate it.

First person to PM me gets a code for Foo Fighters - Walking After You for 360. I was trying to get the PS3 one but forgot to click the box. D'oh!

for the bundle and weekly drawings is there a way to tell if you DIDN'T win... if it says N/A in your account does that mean you didn't win or that the info is just not available yet? anyone know?

Just hit the 10/10 mark.

3 - REO Speedwagon songs (skipped the collaboration one)
3 - Styx songs
2 - Alice Coopers (School's Out and Eighteen)
1 - Clash
1 - Cranberries

Not bad for making the Pepsi switch. I got a cap waiting tonight. I might actually get a Maroon 5 song for the wife. I'm still hoping to find a bulk pack of bottles on the cheap, but, alas, I'm still shelling out $1.58 for my beverages.

I've had a terrible week so far and the lgf just got laid off, so I'm going to give out a code to the first 2 PMs in hopes of getting some karma in my direction.

Here we go...

[quote name='Ginsburger']I've had a terrible week so far and the lgf just got laid off, so I'm going to give out a code to the first 2 PMs in hopes of getting some karma in my direction.

Here we go...[/QUOTE]

PM'ed

[quote name='Ginsburger']I've had a terrible week so far and the lgf just got laid off, so I'm going to give out a code to the first 2 PMs in hopes of getting some karma in my direction.

Here we go...[/QUOTE]

PM'ed you. Hope I made it

Here we go...[/QUOTE]

PM'd

Here we go...[/QUOTE]

PM'd as well....

I just lost on a free song download by the way...I don't get it. Oh well, 13/14 for me.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']PM'd as well....

I just lost on a free song download by the way...I don't get it. Oh well, 13/14 for me.[/QUOTE]

I know..quoting myself...but I didn't want to worry people. It said I lost when I entered the code...nice YOU LOST video....anyway, I went to my account and it had that I won but had not yet redeemed for a song...so I guess I won. Weird.

Anyway...big thanks to Ginsburger for sending out a code. I chose Foo Fighters- My Hero for the Xbox 360....Thanks! Hope some good karma comes your way...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=4278

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I know..quoting myself...but I didn't want to worry people. It said I lost when I entered the code...nice YOU LOST video....anyway, I went to my account and it had that I won but had not yet redeemed for a song...so I guess I won. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Thank god. I got scared for a minute.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']

Anyway...big thanks to Ginsburger for sending out a code. I chose Foo Fighters- My Hero for the Xbox 360....Thanks! Hope some good karma comes your way...

[/QUOTE]

Thats not cool... I entered practically 10+ mintures before...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Thats not cool... I entered practically 10+ mintures before...[/QUOTE]

That is only when he posted that he PM'ed probably not when he actually PM'ed

[quote name='Mirpkered']That is only when he posted that he PM'ed probably not when he actually PM'ed[/QUOTE]

The way he worded his post, I doubt it- considdering I PM'ed in less than 3 minutes.

bread's done
Back