Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

I'm 30/30. I forgot I already bought this song. Up for grabs - Offspring Hammerhead for PS3 J7R9-AHBF-DIDF. Let me know when you use it.

[quote name='kixalot']I'm 30/30. I forgot I already bought this song. Up for grabs - Offspring Hammerhead for PS3 J7R9-AHBF-DIDF. Let me know when you use it.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks. Got it

I'm 75/75 on DLC. Seems like its impossible to lose right now. Still a couple months left in the contest too. Not a bad promotion for summer.

FINALLY found some of these when I was visiting a friend at a QuikChek. Picked up 6 so far, only drank one though. 1/1 on DLC though!

Hess gas stations have a promo on bottled drinks. It's 3 for $3.33. You can mix and match brands. Of course for the sake of this contest Pepsi is one of the brands.

5/5 with two codes left unredeemed, so far. My dad's figured out that some of the guys he works with drink Pepsi and don't care what happens to the lids. :)

How often have they been adding new songs? Getting the Green Day pack for free would be fantastic, but I'm not sure if I want to wait weeks or months on the off chance they might add it down the road.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']5/5 with two codes left unredeemed, so far. My dad's figured out that some of the guys he works with drink Pepsi and don't care what happens to the lids. :)

How often have they been adding new songs? Getting the Green Day pack for free would be fantastic, but I'm not sure if I want to wait weeks or months on the off chance they might add it down the road.[/QUOTE]

I'd say weeks. They will add it, I'm sure. Maybe not the whole thing, though.

I am loving this promotion! 13/13 Just a few more songs to pick up and then I can hold onto the tokens from there on. The codes don't have to be used until 12/31 so you can just pick up new songs as they add them or get new VC content

[quote name='Got_Wii']I'm 75/75 on DLC. Seems like its impossible to lose right now. Still a couple months left in the contest too. Not a bad promotion for summer.[/QUOTE]

Lol, so many. I'm going to overtake your lead though...just you wait...

Accidentally shifted to a PS3 code instead of Wii. It's an Alice Cooper song (I think it was one of the live ones). Here it is for free, but if you want to toss me a Wii code, more power to ya:

2JHK-HGBB-DTGH

I'm 1/1. I wonder what would be cheaper, buying songs with a 1600 point MS card, or buying soda and getting the songs with the caps. I guess it depends on the price of soda.

Average cost of soda is 1.50

For the most part, each song costs 2.00

Therefore, you'd be getting a 20 dollar card for roughly 15, assuming you'd be spending it on Rock Band Songs anyway.

has anyone had a problem with a cap not showing it is valid? I bought one and the lid is stating invalid... I have put in a trouble ticket through the feedback section on Yahoo but no word back yet.

[quote name='Mirpkered']has anyone had a problem with a cap not showing it is valid? I bought one and the lid is stating invalid... I have put in a trouble ticket through the feedback section on Yahoo but no word back yet.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are entering it correctly.

If there is an 'O' make sure its not an 0 or something. Things like that.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Make sure you are entering it correctly.

If there is an 'O' make sure its not an 0 or something. Things like that.[/QUOTE]

I thought that too so I tried both ways but both still state invalid. One thing that was odd is that there were S not 5 in the cap. I looked at a cap that had a 5 and one mine in question. It is definitly an S.

[quote name='gimpeyjoe']Average cost of soda is 1.50

For the most part, each song costs 2.00

Therefore, you'd be getting a 20 dollar card for roughly 15, assuming you'd be spending it on Rock Band Songs anyway.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for doing the math. I was extremely tired last night, so I really appreciate that.

So getting a soda for less than 2 bucks makes this worth it. Sweet.

You could PM me the code and I'll try it. In return if it works, I'll PM you a code. I have like 4 unopened bottles of Pepsi in my fridge right now.

[quote name='Mirpkered']I thought that too so I tried both ways but both still state invalid. One thing that was odd is that there were S not 5 in the cap. I looked at a cap that had a 5 and one mine in question. It is definitly an S.[/QUOTE]

You could PM me the code and I'll try it. In return if it works, I'll PM you a code. I have like 4 unopened bottles of Pepsi in my fridge right now.

Bah... Not a single store around me has the pepsi with these caps. >_< (I guess it doesn't matter anyway, my RB2 disk cracked in two places a few days ago and is now unreadable.)

Glad to see the updated song list. There's another 6 or so I was planning on buying, but I'll wait to cash in some caps. I'm 7/7 after a hiatus...Alice Cooper - Eighteen this time. Forgot to close out my REO collection, so I'll have to set aside one win for "Riding the Storm Out".

41/41... too bad there's only a few songs I really want. Might just sell them. :\

I really cleaned up at the Arts Festival we went to this weekend. Thankfully people are slobs and just dropped bottles wherever, so I snagged the caps and tossed the bottles in the recycling bins.

[quote name='sp00ge']41/41... too bad there's only a few songs I really want. Might just sell them.[/QUOTE]

How many codes do you have and how much would you sell them for. I might be interested in purchasing them from you.

I'm 120/120 and still have extra caps that I may not use. PM if you're interested in buying some of the leftovers at a reasonable price.

I also have about 10 codes that I couldn't get to work. If someone wants to try them for me, I'll trade my 10 for 9 of yours - assuming mine work. PM me (will not respond to lurkers/people with low itrader ratings)

I just got back from tonight's Tigers game (they lost to the Royals, 4-3 [boo :(]). Around the fourth inning or so, I noticed that all the Pepsi bottles had yellow caps. Being the cheapass I am, I decided to stay afterward for a little bit, and while waiting for the crowds to thin out, looked around for how many caps I could find. Turns out, this many:

I would have gotten more, but my pockets were full. By the time I started, almost no one was left near the seats, so I guess not many people know about the promotion and/or care about Rock Band. If you have an MLB stadium near you (that stocks Pepsi), you might want to see if they have yellow caps.

I'm 90/90 and still have a couple caps to enter for some Wii points. Need to start looking for good VC games and WiiWare games that I might want to pick up. Nice find at the baseball game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only WiiWare thing I would be interested in are the Final Fantasy 4 After Years episodes. Seems like it would be worth it to save points for those.

[quote name='NickNorman']I just got back from tonight's Tigers game (they lost to the Royals, 4-3 [boo :(]). Around the fourth inning or so, I noticed that all the Pepsi bottles had yellow caps. Being the cheapass I am, I decided to stay afterward for a little bit, and while waiting for the crowds to thin out, looked around for how many caps I could find. Turns out, this many:

I would have gotten more, but my pockets were full. By the time I started, almost no one was left near the seats, so I guess not many people know about the promotion and/or care about Rock Band. If you have an MLB stadium near you (that stocks Pepsi), you might want to see if they have yellow caps.[/QUOTE]
That would give me a reason to go to a Padres game. Considering I hate the Padres, it would be the only reason. Unless they were playing the Giants.

Though, that's freaking amazing.

[quote name='NickNorman']If you have an MLB stadium near you (that stocks Pepsi), you might want to see if they have yellow caps.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow .. awesome haul there .. but dammit my MLB team Astros, only carries Coca-Cola product hence the name of the ball field "Minute Maid" park, which is a brand that Coca-Cola owns >

[quote name='gfshurts']I've seen the yellow caps and am now 3/3! Woot![/QUOTE]

Make that 7/7 thanks to the break room here at the office!

I've got a buddy that works here to. I haven't told him about the promotion as I know he'll scour the plastic recycling bins and take all the caps before me... does that make me a bad person? :???:

[quote name='gfshurts']Make that 7/7 thanks to the break room here at the office!

I've got a buddy that works here to. I haven't told him about the promotion as I know he'll scour the plastic recycling bins and take all the caps before me... does that make me a bad person? :???:[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing.

I feel like if I told people, I would get the shit end of it- and fuck that.

[quote name='Got_Wii']I'm 90/90 and still have a couple caps to enter for some Wii points. Need to start looking for good VC games and WiiWare games that I might want to pick up. I could use some points if Neversoft released some decent DLC along with more than three songs a week. Nice find at the baseball game.[/QUOTE]

if you select the wii, it just gives you wii points!?!?

Wait, you really get a code for 200 Wii Points??????
Wonder if it'll work with the DSi :whistle2:k

EDIT: THIS WORKS FOR DSi POINTS! :whee:

[quote name='lilboo']Wait, you really get a code for 200 Wii Points??????
Wonder if it'll work with the DSi :whistle2:k

EDIT: THIS WORKS FOR DSi POINTS! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Nice.

This is awesome. I really only wanted a few songs for Rock Band DLC anyway. Stocking up on DSi points for when they eventually come out with great games....oh, and maybe to save up for My Life as a Dark Lord.

bread's done
Back